*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold rate in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand also known as Uttaranchal by many is famous for gold trade and cities which are involved in it. Here people have lavish and eccentrically showy weddings and festivities especially when it's the Diwali and the Dhantera seasons. Some of the main cities that trade gold include Dehradun, Champawat, Almora, Uttarkashi, Haridwar, Udham singh Nagar and Nainital since these are some of the most prosperous cities in the states and home to the Garhwali and Pahari people who are strongly find gold an extremely holistic approach in terms of creating wealth as well as being auspicious for special occasions. Families leave their forerunners with gold as a form of wealth and ornamental hand me downs that are made of gold. But this state also finds trading it as a precious metal commodity quite useful as well.
Details of Gold Price in Uttarakhand (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till December 2015
As of December 19, 2015, gold rate for 22K gold is Rs. 2358 for every gram. The more purer form of gold which is 24K gold was being traded in Uttarakhand at Rs. 2533. Gold rates in Uttarakhand is comparatively lower when considered against other states in the country and since it is both high on demand and supplied through imports in the country. Earlier this year gold was trading in Uttarakhand at around Rs. 2660 and Rs. 2840 for 22K and 24K gold respectively. This number is based on data pulled out from January 2015 and hence shows how gold prices have fallen through the year. It did pick up around the Autumn months when the wedding and Indian festival season began but again lost its charm in terms of price by the end of the year.
Gold investment Avenues in Uttarakhand
When it comes to a safe investment option, Gold is considered to be one of the least riskiest of trading commodities in any market, whether regional or global. In Uttarakhand too the yellow metal is considered an investment option that is lower on risk factors, primarily based on the fact that it is highly affordable and culturally significant as mentioned before. It is also an integral part of their investment portfolio along with stock market and mutual fund investments. Investors have various options for gold trading through gold contracts and physical gold.
Buying Physical Gold: In keeping with the rest of the country, the people of Uttarakhand purchase gold mainly in the form of jewelry. Needless to say, there are a number of jewelry establishments spread in and around the city to meet this demand. Gold rates or prices are updated on a daily basis and can be obtained from those dealing in gold or online via many financial sites. India imports most of its gold requirements from abroad. Uttarakhand which doesn’t have any significant gold production also contributes to the country’s need to substantiate gold demand through imports. Even though gold is bought as jewelry, it is done for reasons beyond ornamentation. Such purchases form a part of many buyers’ investment portfolio.
Market Avenue: In this state you can purchase gold through the markets, with gold being traded in the National Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange and the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is apt for individuals willing to purchase gold in bulk, with the minimum trading limit being set at 1 kg in general. It's a viable option for people who are well aware of the gold market and all that affects it.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,943 per gram||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.3,167 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on April 30th||Rs.3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on June 27th and June 29th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,933 per gram on April 5th||Rs.2,960 per gram from May 28th to May 31st||Rs.2,950 per gram from June 2nd to 5th and from June 24th to 27th and on June 29th|
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in April 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2943 per gram on the 1st of April and fluctuated over the course of the month.
- Although there were losses recorded on certain days of the month, they were written off by subsequent gains on certain days.
- The highest price recorded in the month of April was Rs.3,119 on the last day of the month while the lowest was Rs.2,933 on the 5th of the month.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.176.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in May 2016
- Gold prices remained unchanged on the first day of May, at Rs.3,119 as prices remained unchanged from the last day of the previous month.
- Prices declined consistently during the first week of May, and small increases over the rest of the month were written off by subsequent losses.
- The highest price recorded in May was Rs.3,076 between the 2nd of the month, and the lowest was Rs.2,960 between the 28th and the 31st.
- The overall decline in prices when comparing the first day of May to the last was Rs.159.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in June 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,960 on the 1st of June and fluctuated over the course of the month.
- The highest recorded rate in June was on the 27th and the 29th when prices hit Rs.3,180, while the lowest was Rs.2,950 per gram from June 2nd to 5th and from June 24th to 27th and on June 29th .
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.207.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,585 per gram||Rs.2,756 per gram||Rs.3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,756 per gram||Rs.3,037 per gram||Rs.2,948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,756 per gram on January 31st||Rs.3,049 per gram on February 26th||Rs.3,030 per gram from March 1st to 14th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,580 per gram from January 2nd to 4th||Rs.2,756 per gram on February 1st||Rs.2,940 per gram from March 15th to 17th|
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,585 per gram on the 1st of January and consistent increases were recorded over the next two weeks.
- Despite fluctuations in prices over the course of the month, minor declines were duly overwritten by subsequent gains.
- The highest rate recorded in January was Rs.2,756 on the 31st, and the lowest was Rs.2,580 from the 2nd to the 4th of the month.
- The overall increase in prices between the first day and the last day of January was Rs.171.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in February 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,756 per gram on the 1st of February, and Rs.3,037 on the 29th.
- Prices increased gradually over the course of the month, and although there were slight declines on certain days, they were written off by subsequent gains.
- The highest rate recorded in the month of February was Rs.3,049 on the 26th, while the lowest was Rs.2,756 on the 1st.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.281.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in March 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,030 on the 1st of March, and they remained unchanged until the 14th of the month.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,940 and remained there until the 17th, after which they rose to Rs.2,998 and remained stable until the 24th of February.
- A decline by Rs.50 saw prices plunge to Rs.2,948 on the 25th, and they remained unchanged until the end of the month.
- The overall decline in prices between the first and last day of March was just Rs.82.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Uttarakhand
|Gold Rate In Haldwani||Gold Rate in Dehradun|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Buying Gold In India? Make Sure It’s Real Gold
- Everything You Need To Know About Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Gold Rates Fluctuation – Why Gold Is On A Roller Coaster Ride
- Know About Futures Trading
News About Gold Rate in Uttarakhand
Gold Prices Fall in March by 80% to $973 Million
Gold imports have fallen for a second consecutive month, taking a dip by 80.48% to $972.96. Both, the domestic as well as the global markets have contributed to the dip in gold imports. Last year, in March (2015), the gold imports attributed to $4.98 billion. However, this contraction in the imports have helped narrow the trade deficit to a five year low of $5.07 billion in the country, the previous month. India remains the largest importer in the world when it comes to gold. This is mainly because of the ever rising demand of the jewelry industry. India’s CAD or the current account deficit has been narrowed to 1.3% of the GDP in the third quarter of the recent fiscal year of 2015 – 2016 when compared to 1.5% during the same period of the previous fiscal year mainly due to lower trade deficit.
19th April 2016
Jewellery Shops Open as Gold Discounts Decrease
Over 50% of Indian jewellers, who remained closed for almost six weeks to protest the reintroduction of excise duty on gold jewellery reopened earlier this week. The jewellers’ resumption in business is expected to increase demand from the second largest consumer in the world. As a result, global prices are also expected to trade closer to their highest in almost a month.
The Director or All India Gems and Jewellery Trade Federation, Bachhraj Bamalwa, recently revealed that the main reason for jewellers opening their shops is down to the government assuring them that the implementation of excise duty will be simplified.
12th April 2016
- For more related news /update on gold price visit: Gold News