*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold rate in Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand also known as Uttaranchal by many is famous for gold trade and cities which are involved in it. Here people have lavish and eccentrically showy weddings and festivities especially when it's the Diwali and the Dhantera seasons. Some of the main cities that trade gold include Dehradun, Champawat, Almora, Uttarkashi, Haridwar, Udham singh Nagar and Nainital since these are some of the most prosperous cities in the states and home to the Garhwali and Pahari people who are strongly find gold an extremely holistic approach in terms of creating wealth as well as being auspicious for special occasions. Families leave their forerunners with gold as a form of wealth and ornamental hand me downs that are made of gold. But this state also finds trading it as a precious metal commodity quite useful as well.
Details of Gold Price in Uttarakhand (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till December 2015
As of December 19, 2015, gold rate for 22K gold is Rs. 2358 for every gram. The more purer form of gold which is 24K gold was being traded in Uttarakhand at Rs. 2533. Gold rates in Uttarakhand is comparatively lower when considered against other states in the country and since it is both high on demand and supplied through imports in the country. Earlier this year gold was trading in Uttarakhand at around Rs. 2660 and Rs. 2840 for 22K and 24K gold respectively. This number is based on data pulled out from January 2015 and hence shows how gold prices have fallen through the year. It did pick up around the Autumn months when the wedding and Indian festival season began but again lost its charm in terms of price by the end of the year.
Gold investment Avenues in Uttarakhand
When it comes to a safe investment option, Gold is considered to be one of the least riskiest of trading commodities in any market, whether regional or global. In Uttarakhand too the yellow metal is considered an investment option that is lower on risk factors, primarily based on the fact that it is highly affordable and culturally significant as mentioned before. It is also an integral part of their investment portfolio along with stock market and mutual fund investments. Investors have various options for gold trading through gold contracts and physical gold.
Buying Physical Gold: In keeping with the rest of the country, the people of Uttarakhand purchase gold mainly in the form of jewelry. Needless to say, there are a number of jewelry establishments spread in and around the city to meet this demand. Gold rates or prices are updated on a daily basis and can be obtained from those dealing in gold or online via many financial sites. India imports most of its gold requirements from abroad. Uttarakhand which doesn’t have any significant gold production also contributes to the country’s need to substantiate gold demand through imports. Even though gold is bought as jewelry, it is done for reasons beyond ornamentation. Such purchases form a part of many buyers’ investment portfolio.
Market Avenue: In this state you can purchase gold through the markets, with gold being traded in the National Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange and the Multi Commodity Exchange. This is apt for individuals willing to purchase gold in bulk, with the minimum trading limit being set at 1 kg in general. It's a viable option for people who are well aware of the gold market and all that affects it.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,006 per gram||Rs.3,016 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,072 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,060 per gram from 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,036 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,026 per gram on 27, 30 and 31 October||Rs.3,006 per gram on 1 November||Rs.2,910 per gram on 11 to 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.3,024 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,999 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,992 per gram on 1 and 2 July||Rs.3,017 per gram on 28 August||Rs.3,130 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,843 per gram on 12 and 13 July||Rs.2,930 per gram on 3 August and from 5 to 7 August||Rs.3,024 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for July 2017
- The yellow metal was priced Rs.2,992 per gram when the month began. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in Uttarakhand.
- The impact of GST led to gold prices remaining low for the majority of the month as domestic investors refrained from making purchases.
- The 12th witnessed gold trade hit their lowest for the month at Rs.2,843 per gram as the newly approved 3% GST affected investor sentiments in the country.
- However, gold prices recovered towards the end of the month with the dollar declining amid the US-North Korean conflicts.
- When trading concluded for the month, the precious metal was being priced at Rs.2,950 per gram.
- Uttarakhand witnessed gold rate in Uttarakhand decrease by 1.40% during the month owing to poor domestic trends despite having strong global cues.
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for August 2017
- During August, the bullion trade surged in the state due to the US-North Korean stand-off that pushed demand higher for the safe-haven metal.
- The month commenced with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,960 per gram.
- Despite the poorly performing dollar, local demand remained weak during the week. This led to gold rates plunging to Rs.2,930 per gram - the lowest monthly figure - on the 3rd.
- However, global demand surged as investors around the world began gravitating towards investments considered safer amid the US-North Korean political crisis. This led to gold prices surging to Rs.3,017 per gram on the 28th.
- The month ended with the bullion metal priced at Rs.2,999 per gram registering an increase of 1.31% in gold prices.
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for September 2017
- Gold trade in Uttarakhand was mostly triggered by the geopolitical concerns prevailing in the Korean peninsula and the US.
- Gold opened trading strong at Rs.3,024 per gram, thanks to steady demand from local jewellers, industries and retailers.
- The 8th witnessed prices surging to Rs.3,130 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - after North Korea announced their most powerful thermonuclear tests.
- However, rates dropped with the greenback making a comeback from the initial days. When the month ended, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,063 per gram.
- Uttarakhand registered a profit of 1.29% in gold trade owing to strong global trends coupled with an increased domestic demand during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,991 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,068 per gram on 15 and 16 April||Rs.3,011 per gram on 1 and 2 May||Rs.3,057 on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,983 per gram from 8 - 10 April||Rs.2,918 per gram from 11 to 15 May||Rs.2,972 on 27 June|
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for April 2017
- Gold price in Uttarakhand opened at Rs.2,991 per gram on 01st April 2017.
- Gold remained stable for till the 3rd of April and increased slightly on the 04th of the month and traded at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- Gold prices remained stable from the 04th of the month to the 07th of the month despite weaker trends overseas as demand from domestic market poured in.
- As it was festive season, the demand from the local gold spots increased.
- However, as the U.S. dollar was steady, gold price in Uttrakhand fell and traded at Rs.2,983 per gram which is the lowest for the month of April.
- Prices stabilised for the rest of the month due to demand vagaries, though domestic demand helped keep prices from falling too steeply.
- On the 15th and 16th of April, gold prices increased as demand from jewellers picked up from the domestic market and traded at Rs.3,068 per gram which is highest gold price recorded this month.
- April ended with gold priced at Rs.3,011 per gram on 30 April and recording an increase in price of 0.66% during the month.
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for May 2017
- Gold opened strongly as the beginning of the month began soon succumbed to weak trend overseas.
- Gold price in Uttarakhand stood at Rs.3,011 per gram on the 01st and 2nd of May which was the highest price for this month.
- Throughout the month, gold prices declined by 0.63% as markets were negatively affected due to the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election.
- Throughout the month, gold did not capture the centre stage again as the U.S dollar was steady and was at its highest value in the year 2017 due to positive market conditions.
- Prices were more or less stable towards the end of the month as demand stagnated and internal crises in the United States led to stock markets faltering.
- Lowered demand from China and other Asian countries kept gold prices low but domestic demand kept them steady.
- Gold ended the month priced at Rs.2,992 per gram.
Gold rate trend in Uttarakhand for June 2017
- Gold price in Uttarakhand picked up at the beginning of June and traded at Rs.3,012 per gram.
- The highest price for the month of June was recorded on the 7th when gold traded at Rs.3,057 per gram.
- Experts believe that gold prices picked up due to visible fluctuations in the U.S dollar under Trump’s leadership which increased the demand for the yellow metal in the bullion market.
- Markets were also shaky as the G20 summit was underway and global leaders deliberated on socio-economic policies.
- Local demand was muted in spite of favourable market conditions, as evidenced by gold prices falling to Rs.3,007 per gram from 10-14 June.
- While U.S. markets were still uncertain due to poor jobs data, the U.S. dollar gained on other global currencies.
- Gold rate in Uttarakhand drifted and hit the lowest when it traded at Rs.2,780 per gram on 27 June.
- Gold prices were on the decline for the remainder of the month due to lowered demand from Asia and Europe.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,992 per gram on 30 June, registering a loss in value of 0.66% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,167 per gram||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,217 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,227 per gram from 7th to 9th July||Rs.3,248 per gram on 4th August and 10th August||Rs.3,228 per gram from 7th September to 12th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,205 per gram from 26th to 31st August||Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose slightly on the 2nd and remained unchanged at Rs.3,203 until the 4th after which they fluctuated over the next two days.
- Prices remained stable at Rs.3,227 – the highest recorded rate from the 7th to the 9th of July thanks to firming trends.
- Consistent declines over the next three days made prices plunge and remain constant at Rs.3,199 between the 13th and 21st of July.
- Prices increased consistently until the end of the month and the precious metal closed the month at Rs.3,249 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,219 and remained stable until the 3rd of the month.
- Rates fluctuated over the next few days and prices gained stability at Rs.3,206 between the 6th and 9th of the month.
- Fluctuations were recorded over the following week before rates achieved stability at Rs.3,238 from the 18th to the 24th.
- Prices fell over the next two days and settled at Rs.3,205 from the 26th to the 31st of August.
- Overall, prices declined by 0.43% between the start and end of August.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September, which was the lowest rate for this month.
- Prices rose and stayed constant from the 3rd of September to the 5th at Rs.3,195.
- Prices fell on certain days and remained unchanged for short periods before fluctuations were recorded again.
- Prices remained constant from the 22nd until the 28th at Rs.3,227 and closed September at Rs.3,217 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day September was just a little over 1%.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,943 per gram||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.3,167 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on April 30th||Rs.3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on June 27th and June 29th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,933 per gram on April 5th||Rs.2,960 per gram from May 28th to May 31st||Rs.2,950 per gram from June 2nd to 5th and from June 24th to 27th and on June 29th|
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in April 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2943 per gram on the 1st of April and fluctuated over the course of the month.
- Although there were losses recorded on certain days of the month, they were written off by subsequent gains on certain days.
- The highest price recorded in the month of April was Rs.3,119 on the last day of the month while the lowest was Rs.2,933 on the 5th of the month.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.176.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in May 2016
- Gold prices remained unchanged on the first day of May, at Rs.3,119 as prices remained unchanged from the last day of the previous month.
- Prices declined consistently during the first week of May, and small increases over the rest of the month were written off by subsequent losses.
- The highest price recorded in May was Rs.3,076 between the 2nd of the month, and the lowest was Rs.2,960 between the 28th and the 31st.
- The overall decline in prices when comparing the first day of May to the last was Rs.159.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in June 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,960 on the 1st of June and fluctuated over the course of the month.
- The highest recorded rate in June was on the 27th and the 29th when prices hit Rs.3,180, while the lowest was Rs.2,950 per gram from June 2nd to 5th and from June 24th to 27th and on June 29th .
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.207.
Gold Rate Trend in Uttarakhand for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,585 per gram||Rs.2,756 per gram||Rs.3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,756 per gram||Rs.3,037 per gram||Rs.2,948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,756 per gram on January 31st||Rs.3,049 per gram on February 26th||Rs.3,030 per gram from March 1st to 14th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,580 per gram from January 2nd to 4th||Rs.2,756 per gram on February 1st||Rs.2,940 per gram from March 15th to 17th|
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,585 per gram on the 1st of January and consistent increases were recorded over the next two weeks.
- Despite fluctuations in prices over the course of the month, minor declines were duly overwritten by subsequent gains.
- The highest rate recorded in January was Rs.2,756 on the 31st, and the lowest was Rs.2,580 from the 2nd to the 4th of the month.
- The overall increase in prices between the first day and the last day of January was Rs.171.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in February 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.2,756 per gram on the 1st of February, and Rs.3,037 on the 29th.
- Prices increased gradually over the course of the month, and although there were slight declines on certain days, they were written off by subsequent gains.
- The highest rate recorded in the month of February was Rs.3,049 on the 26th, while the lowest was Rs.2,756 on the 1st.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.281.
Gold Rate Trend of Uttarakhand in March 2016
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,030 on the 1st of March, and they remained unchanged until the 14th of the month.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,940 and remained there until the 17th, after which they rose to Rs.2,998 and remained stable until the 24th of February.
- A decline by Rs.50 saw prices plunge to Rs.2,948 on the 25th, and they remained unchanged until the end of the month.
- The overall decline in prices between the first and last day of March was just Rs.82.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Uttarakhand
|Gold Rate In Haldwani||Gold Rate in Dehradun|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Buying Gold In India? Make Sure It’s Real Gold
- Everything You Need To Know About Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Gold Rates Fluctuation – Why Gold Is On A Roller Coaster Ride
- Know About Futures Trading