*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is India’s largest state by area and its name literally translates to the ‘Land of Kings’, and kings in the olden days were always known for their wealth and grandeur amongst other things. Kings aside, the state of Rajasthan accounts for a good amount of gold purchases in the country owing to its rich cultural heritage. With a population of almost 75 million people, the state continues to increase its gold sales on a regular basis.
The primary demand for gold in Rajasthan comes by means of jewellery, gold coins, gold bars, gold funds, gold ETFs and E-Gold. Rajasthan is also home to several festivals, and gold is an auspicious element during these times, which indicates the need of the people to make purchases on a consistent basis.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,109 per gram||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,086 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,133 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 20 and 21 November||Rs.3,086 per gram on 30 and 21 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,073 per gram on 27 and 28 October||Rs.3,057 per gram from 4 to 6 November||Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for October 2017:
- Rajasthan gold was priced at Rs.3,109 per gram when the month of October began.
- The gold price in Rajasthan fell marginally during the week due to fluctuations in demand from overseas but soon recovered.
- Positive global market cues led to a surge in demand for Rajasthan gold, which traded at Rs.3,133 per gram from 12-16 October, as gold reached its monthly high.
- The festive season and increased demand from local jewellers also led to a spike in demand for the precious metal.
- Rajasthan gold price began to fall as the dollar recovered from its earlier losses, prompting a decrease in demand for gold from local as well as Asian markets due to the the higher price.
- Gold rate in Rajasthan fell to a monthly low of Rs.3,073 per gram on 27 October as markets were buoyed by positive trends.
- There was a slight increase in Rajasthan gold prices as the month ended, with the meta trading at Rs.3,087 per gram on 31 October, with overall prices falling by 0.70%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for November 2017:
- Rajasthan gold was priced at Rs.3,087 per gram on 1 November as stable demand kept prices unchanged.
- Prices quickly plunged as demand fell following a bull run by the equity markets.
- A poor global demand brought gold rate in Rajasthan down during the initial few days with the metal trading at Rs.3,057 per gram from 4th to 6th November - the lowest for the month.
- As the US dollar seemed to fall slightly amid concerns over the Donald Trump administration, gold rates seemed to increase.
- A rise in demand towards the 20th of the month led to Rajasthan gold trading at Rs.3,113 per gram - the month’s highest gold rate.
- When the month ended, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,078 per gram. There was a decline in gold rate in Rajasthan during this month as well and prices fell by 0.29%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for December 2017:
- The last month of 2017 saw the price of gold increase, thanks to the tax reform introduced by Donald Trump, which wasn’t very well received by the market.
- On the 1st of December, Rajasthan gold was seen trading at Rs.3,068 per gram.
- Demand for the metal remained weak during the initial few days. Rates hit a monthly low of Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December after US treasury yields increased.
- However, rates picked up from then on and the metal traded in the Rs.3,000 plus range for the remaining few days of the month.
- Gold prices in Rajasthan were at their highest for the month on the 29th and 30th of the month, when the metal traded at Rs.3,086 per gram.
- Overall, December recorded a price rate in Rajasthan increase of 0.58% and helped end 2017 on a positive note.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.3,079 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.3,056 per gram||Rs.3,109 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,079 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,056 per gram on 30 & 31 August||Rs.3,194 per gram from 8-10 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,917 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,979 per gram on 7 August||Rs.3,068 per gram from 5-7 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for July 2017:
- Rajasthan gold started off on a strong note, with the metal trading at Rs.3,063 per gram.
- Gold price in Rajasthan went further up to Rs.3,079 per gram - the month’s highest rate - as demand for the metal peaked before dropping over the subsequent days.
- The implementation of GST was a major factor which pushed gold price in Rajasthan down this week.
- Local demand was so bad that gold rates hit a monthly low figure of Rs.2,917 per gram on the 11th of July.
- However, from the 11th onwards, there was a slight improvement in gold trading and the yellow metal’s rates picked up to end on a respectable note.
- On the final day of the month, gold traded at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- There was a 1.95% decrease in gold rate trends because gold price took a hit due to weak local demand and a strong US dollar.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for August 2017:
- Rajasthan Gold opened at Rs.3,003 per gram on the 1st of August, but seemed to fluctuated on the lower side as the market was still recovering from GST’s implementation.
- Gold rate in Rajasthan went down to as low as Rs.2,979 per gram by the 7th - proving the extreme low confidence investors had with regards to gold.
- From the 8th onwards, prices seemed to improve as a combination of economic and geopolitical factors pushed US dollar rates down.
- The 30th and the 31st of the month recorded the highest gold rates, with the metal trading at Rs.3,056 per gram.
- Gold prices in Rajasthan surged by 1.76% this month, following the positive cues seen in the global market and the increased demand witnessed in local circles.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for September 2017:
- September’s gold trading was a follow up of the previous month's positive trend.
- Rajasthan gold opened at Rs.3,079 per gram on the 1st of September but hit a monthly low figure of Rs.3,071 per gram on the 4th of the month.
- When reports of North Korea’s latest nuclear test hit the newsstand, all major markets plummeted, which led to gold rates rising up to Rs.3,194 per gram on the 8th of September.
- By the end of the month, gold prices in Rajasthan had fallen, to trade at Rs.3,109 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,043 per gram||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,118 per gram from 14 April to 16 April||Rs.3,065 per gram on 31 May||Rs.3,099 per gram from 7 June to 10 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,038 per gram on 10 and 11 April||Rs.2,976 per gram on 11 and 16 May||Rs.3,047 per gram from 2 June to 6 June|
Gold Price Trend in Rajasthan for April 2017
- Rajasthan gold was priced at Rs.3,043 per gram when trading commenced for April.
- As the US dollar seemed to weaken, gold price in Rajasthan went up to Rs.3,063 per gram on the 5th of the month.
- By the 14th of April, gold prices had gone as high as Rs.3,118 per gram - the month’s highest rate - as a underperforming US dollar gave way to increased demand in the global market.
- Due to the Asian markets rallying and the US dollar strengthening, gold rates seemed to gradually decline over the remaining days of the month.
- Rajasthan gold price remained mostly at Rs.3,113 per gram for much of week 4, before going down to Rs.3,097 per gram on the 24th of the month.
- Gold rates in Rajasthan decline further to end the month at Rs.3,058 per gram.
- Price trends inclined at a rate of 0.49% despite the fact that demand fell considerably towards the latter half of the month.
Gold Price Trend in Rajasthan for May 2017
- Gold prices in Rajasthan started for May at Rs.3,058 per gram and saw demand decline as days progressed.
- Emmanuel Macron’s victory against conservative leader Marine Le Pen led to markets bouncing back, which subsequently led to drop in gold demand.
- A weak demand brought about by strong stock markets led to gold rates going down to as low as Rs.3,000 per gram on the 9th.
- With demand showing little signs of improving, gold rates reached the lowest of Rs.2,976 per gram on the 11th and continued at the same rate till the 16th.
- However, as US President Donald Trump’s collusion fiasco took centre stage, gold demand surged with the metal trading at Rs.3,029 per gram on the 18th of May.
- Gold prices went up to as high as Rs.3,050 per gram on the 26th and continued to rise and traded at Rs.3,065 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Owing to a slowdown in the US market, gold price trends surged by 0.22% for the month of May.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for June 2017
- Rajasthan gold prices started at Rs.3,065 per gram when June began and surged up close to Rs.3,100 levels as news scandals involving the US president hit the newsrooms.
- With the arrival of GST imminent, bullion investors decided to make most of their purchases within the short window which was available to them.
- A significant rise in demand saw gold trade at Rs.3,099 per gram from the 7th to the 10th of May.
- For the remaining days of the month, gold prices didn’t change much, thanks to stable demand from the local market.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.3,050 per gram from the 16th to the 29th of the month.
- As the introduction of GST was just 24 hours away, investors put in a last-ditch effort to buy as much gold as possible. This led to the precious metal trading at Rs.3,063 per gram on the last days of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,893 per gram||Rs.3,034 per gram||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,017 per gram||Rs.3,095 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest price||Rss.3,060 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,101 per gram from 25th-27th February||Rs.3,080 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th of January||Rs.3,034 per gram on 1st & 2nd February||Rs.2,974 per gram from 15th to 17th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for January 2017:
- January was a positive period for gold trading as a number of international factors brought about an increase in gold prices.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,893 per gram and went up to Rs.2,937 per gram on 7th as the US dollar weakened.
- However, due to corrections, gold prices went down to Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th, which was the lowest gold rate for the entire month.
- After that brief fall, prices of gold seemed to be on the increase for the next couple days as prices hit their highest on 23rd as they reached Rs.3,060 per gram.
- By the end of the month, gold prices had corrected to close at Rs.3,017 per gram, marking an increase of Rs.124 from start to finish.
- January saw gold price trends increase by 4.28% in Rajasthan.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for February 2017:
- The month of February saw gold price trends remain positive despite the fact that rates seemed to fall over the course of the month.
- Most of the changes in the prices were due to the US monetary policies, which failed to materialise and also due to the US Fed rate hike.
- On 1st, gold was priced at Rs.3,034 per gram and as demand fluctuated, gold prices also seemed to go up and down.
- Despite a slow growth, gold prices were at their lowest when the metal was trading at Rs.3,034 per gram.
- After significant fluctuations, gold prices reached their highest on 25th when it hit Rs.3,101 per gram.
- Gold prices went up by 1.97% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for March 2017:
- March saw gold prices drop significantly as US Fed Rate hike brought gold prices down.
- On the 1st of March, gold was priced at Rs.3,080 per gram but as demand from global markets fell, gold prices seemed to fall.
- By the end of the 15th, gold prices had hit a low of Rs.2,974 per gram.
- The next few days saw gold prices go up and down as demand wasn’t steady.
- The month ended on 31st as gold was trading at Rs.3,029 per gram, thereby marking a decline of -1.67% in price trends.
|1st day||Rs.3,304 per gram||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,304 per gram on 1st October||Rs.3,252 per gram from 3rd-6th November||Rs.2,963 per gram on 1st & 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,157 per gram from 7th-13th October||Rs.3,003 per gram on 27th November||Rs.2,800 per gram from 23rd-28th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Rajasthan in October 2016
- The price of gold in Rajasthan for October fell due to demand dropping near the end of the month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,304 per gram on 1st October but prices fell to Rs.3,273 per gram on 2nd October due to fluctuations in the market.
- Prices were steady but a decrease in demand was the overall trend for the month due to declining industrial demand.
- As speculation of a U.S. Fed interest rate hike grew stronger, the U.S. Dollar strengthened and stock markets also stabilised, which led to a drop in demand for gold.
- Gold prices rose fractionally due to an increase in retail demand in the middle of the month, but international trends pointed to a slowdown in demand.
- Gold ended the month trading at Rs.3,199 per gram for an overall loss of 3.17%.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajasthan in November 2016
- Gold prices increased at the start of November as demand was high due to market instability, though prices fell for the remainder of the month due to consistently low demand.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,199 per gram on 1st November, rising to Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd November as markets were unsteady as U.S. elections drew nearer.
- As news of Donald Trump’s victory emerged, markets crashed and gold demand rose sharply, as the demonetisation policy led to a market crash in India.
- Demand for gold fell as markets began to stabilise following the sharp fall of the previous week, as industrial demand also declined due to lowered demand from Asian markets.
- Gold prices fell for the rest of the month, trading at Rs.3,012 per gram on 30th November and registering an overall loss in value of 5.81%.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajasthan in December 2016
- Gold prices were lower than expected in December as declining demand from industry and stagnant demand from the retail sector led to prices falling.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,963 per gram on 1st December, with markets rallying on higher spending due to the festive season.
- Domestic demand for gold was also muted due to the currency shortage, which impacted prices in the subcontinent and kept prices low.
- Prices reached a quarterly low of Rs.2,800 per gram on 23rd December on weak demand from the industrial as well as the retail sector, with prices staying low during the Christmas week.
- Gold prices rose slightly towards the end of the month, trading at Rs.2,893 per gram on 31st December for an overall loss in value of 2.36%.
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 6th and 7th July||Rs.3,290 per gram on 23rd to 26th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th to 30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,207 per gram on 15th July||Rs.3,236 per gram on from 8th to 14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for July 2016
- On 1st July, gold traded at Rs.3,224 per gram.
- As market trends favored gold, demand for the metal was high.
- Prices climbed to Rs.3,287 per gram on 6th and 7th July, the highest for this month.
- There were fluctuations but gold rates continued to rise through the month.
- On 31st July, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,244 per gram which indicated an increase of 0.62% in gold rates this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for August 2016
- At the start of the month, positive trends in the global market kept gold rates up.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,247 per gram on 1st August.
- Prospects of a Fed rate hike increased on the back of positive U.S. economic data.
- Gold prices started to rapidly decline with the lowest rate recorded between 8th and 14th August at Rs.2,326 per gram.
- Gold was able to recover slightly towards the end of the month but the trend in gold rates showed a decline of 0.06% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan for September 2016
- Buyers in the domestic market welcomed the drop in gold rates as the festive season was drawing near.
- Gold was able to recover as demand stabilized.
- The highlight of this month was the Fed rate hike being put on hold on account of the approaching U.S. presidential elections.
- On 1st September, gold traded at Rs.3,245 per gram but by 27th September, gold prices had climbed to Rs.3,304 per gram.
- The trend for this month was an increase of 1.81% in gold prices.
|1st day||Rs.2,988 per gram.||Rs.3,147 per gram.||Rs.2,991 per gram.|
|Last day||Rs.3,147 per gram.||Rs.2,991 per gram.||Rs.3,209 per gram.|
|Highest price||Rs.3,147 per gram on 29th and 30th April.||Rs.3,178 per gram on 7th and 8th May.||Rs.3,209 per gram on 30th June.|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,957 per gram on 4th April.||Rs.2,991 per gram on 30th and 31st May.||Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st and 2nd June.|
|Trend||Increase in price.||Decrease in price.||Increase in price.|
|Change||+6.42% increase.||-4.95% decrease.||+7.28% increase.|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in April 2016
- Gold prices rose marginally through the month as demand from jewellers increased after the strike was called off.
- Global demand was steady in spite of markets being relatively stable.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,031 per gram mid-month before stabilising.
- A weakening market pushed prices to Rs.3,152 per gram before prices settled at Rs.3,147 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in May 2016
- Prices continued their upward swing as demand was strong.
- The possibility of an interest rate increase by the U.S. Federal Reserve led to markets strengthening, leading to reduction in demand for gold.
- Indications of an imminent rate hike lead to prices sliding downwards, with the Dollar gaining strength.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,991 per gram as the month ended.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in June 2016
- With the possibility of an interest rate hike still imminent, markets were high, leading to gold prices stagnating.
- Small increases in demand led to prices rising marginally, but market forces made these gains negligible.
- The upcoming UK referendum vote caused market instability, leading to gold prices rising.
- With the UK voting to leave the EU, markets crashed as investors rushed to gold as a safe haven, with prices reaching Rs.3,209 per gram.
|1st day||Rs.2,605 per gram.||Rs.2,781 per gram.||Rs.3,067 per gram.|
|Last day||Rs.2,781 per gram.||Rs.3,067 per gram.||Rs.2,988 per gram.|
|Highest price||Rs.2,781 per gram on 30th and 31st Jan.||Rs.3,067 per gram from 27th – 29th Feb.||Rs.3,090 per gram from 2nd – 19th March.|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,605 per gram from 1st – 3rd Jan.||Rs.2,781 per gram on 1st and 8th Feb.||Rs.2,974 per gram from 23rd – 25th March.|
|Trend||Increase in price.||Increase in price.||Decrease in price.|
|Change||+6.75% increase.||+11.00% increase.||-2.57% decrease.|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in January 2016
- Gold retailed at a steady increase during January as demand was high both domestically as well as internationally.
- Prices increased marginally and tended to stabilise during the middle of the month as demand was steady.
- Prices were stagnant at Rs.2,580 per gram as demand plateaued.
- Prices rose again as the month ended, trading at Rs.2,781 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in February 2016
- Prices rose as demand continued to be high due to the wedding season.
- Prices reached highs of Rs.3,036 per gram as demand reached a peak.
- Prices dipped a little but recovered as jewellers renewed demand.
- Prices reached Rs.3,067 per gram at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajasthan in March 2016
- Prices initially rose as demand was steady.
- The nationwide jewellery strike led to a slump in demand from jewellers.
- Prices plateaued, trading at Rs.3,090 per gram for 2 weeks.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,988 per gram at the end of March.
Details of Gold Price in Rajasthan (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till October 2015
24 karat gold: 24 karat gold is the purest form of gold available to customers, with a purity of 99.99%. If you wish to buy one gram of 24 karat gold in Rajasthan, you will have to fork out Rs. 2720 as of October 15, 2015. Prices have been on a roller coaster ride in the recent past, rising and falling over time. In comparison with a month ago, rates have increased 3.54% at the moment, but declined 0.11% over the past year.
22 karat gold: The purity of 22 karat gold is around 92%, and it is usually the preferred choice in terms of designing jewellery. Since the purity of 22 karat gold is lower than that of 24 karat gold, the rates are comparatively cheaper. If you’re looking to purchase 22 karat gold in Rajasthan, the price you must pay is around Rs. 2542 per gram.
Gold Investment Avenues in Rajasthan
In addition to its cultural importance, gold is also among the most preferred investment tools in Rajasthan. It can be bought in various forms to suit the investment needs of an individual.
Market trade: ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), E-Gold and future contracts present some of the best trading opportunities for those who intend on purchasing gold. ETFs are the safest options as they provide healthy returns while allowing the owner to trade it on the Mumbai Stock Exchange. Future contracts are a great option for investors who are looking to stay safe amidst market fluctuations as they can claim possession of the gold on a prearranged date. E-Gold, on the other hand, can be bought and sold via the National Spot Exchange Limited and buyers can choose whether they want to physically own their purchase or just reinvest it at a later date without taking possession.
Over-the-counter: Jewellery, coins and bullions are the most preferred options among gold investors in Rajasthan. Gold coins and bullions are available with several dealers and banks in the state and local prices are often dictated by international rates. Investors usually tend to make purchases from local dealers instead of approaching banks as the prices charged by banks are slightly higher owing to quality assurance. In any case, potential investors in Rajasthan have no shortage of options when it comes to purchasing gold.
Also Check Gold Prices in the Cities of Rajasthan
|Gold Rate In Jodhpur||Gold Rate In Kota||Gold Rate In Udaipur||Gold Rate in Jaipur|
Read More On Gold
Use Your Gold Jewellery to Get Yourself a Loan
Gold can be a great form of security, especially in times when you are in urgent need of funds and are looking to take out a loan. Find out how to use your gold to secure a bank loan and the benefits it entails.
What Do the Markings on Gold Mean?
Gold is a much coveted commodity in India, however not many know about the different types of gold and how they are segregated based on purity. Find out more about what the markings on the gold you’re looking to purchase signify.
Global Demand for Gold Driven by Indian Wedding Traditions
India is the largest consumer of gold in the world and Indian weddings have proven to be a major player in India’s love affair with the precious metal. Find out how Indian wedding traditions drive the demand for gold on a global scale.
Gold and Indian Weddings
Owning gold in India is considered a sign of prosperity and success. It is no wonder that it is such an important component of weddings in India. Learn more about the relationship Indian weddings share with the precious metal.