*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Kota is the third-most populated city of Rajasthan, and is located close to the state’s capital Jaipur. It used to be a part of the kingdom of Bundi, ruled by Rajputs. City Fort Palace, Jagmandir Palace and the artificial lake Kishore Sagar are popular tourist haunts.
Kota is an educational hub, with a number of engineering and medical coaching institutions as well as universities and colleges. The city, located along the banks of River Chambal, is also a trade centre for agricultural products. The main economic activities include mills of cotton and oilseed, weaving, dairy, distilleries as well as production of metal handicrafts, chemicals and fertilizers, and engineering equipment.
Gold prices in Kota
Gold is an auspicious metal for India, and Kota is no exception to this preference. People of Kota buy gold ornaments to wear on weddings and family functions, and give gold jewellery and articles as presents for anniversaries and birthdays. Rolled gold and gold-plated jewellery, which contain about 1% of gold polished on to the surface, are also popular.
Since gold is not produced locally, Kota jewellers depend on imported gold. Fluctuations in te international gold market, therefore, affect the prices in the city. Gold of 99.9% purity – 24-karat gold – is generally purchased by jewellers and those investing in gold coins and bullions. Gold of 91.6% purity – 22-karat – is favoured by consumers buying jewellery. Pure gold is not suitable to make ornaments because of its lack of strength. The 22-karat gold is mixed with 2 parts of silver, copper, nickel or other metals to form a durable alloy with which to make ornaments and gold articles.
24-karat gold prices: The price of 10 grams of 24-karat gold in Kota was Rs. 29,760, up by just Rs. 260 from 10 days ago (March 2, 2016), when it was Rs. 29,500. Gold prices in Kota grew only around 0.87 percent in 10 days. The price of 24-karat gold in Delhi on March 11, on the other hand, was Rs. 30,374, which is Rs. 614 more than the rate in Kota.
22-karat gold prices: On March 11, 10 grams of 22-karat gold was selling at Rs. 27,820 in Kota, merely 1.02 percent higher than the Rs. 27,540 registered on March 2. The gold rate in Delhi on March 11 was Rs. 580 (2%) more that the price in Kota, at Rs. 28,400.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,890 per gram||Rs.3,983 per gram||Rs.3,936 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,988 per gram||Rs.3,900 per gram||Rs.4,023 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,988 per gram from 26 October to 31 October||Rs.3,992 per gram from 3 November to 6 November||Rs.4,029 per gram on 29 and 30 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,807 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,900 per gram on 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,880 per gram on 12 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kota from October 2019 to December 2019:
- The price of gold opened the month of October at Rs.3,890 per gram in Kota. The rates of the yellow metal showed an increasing trend over the month. There was an incline of 2.71% in the prices of the metal by the end of the month as investors awaited more clarity on the trade deal between the United States of America and China.
- With the stock market bouncing back from the previous month, the rates of gold dropped in the month of November. The price of the yellow metal took a hit as the US federal Reserve cut the rates yet again. Gold prices closed at Rs.3,900 per gram, the lowest recorded price for the month with the overall performance showing a downward curve of -2.08%.
- In December, gold prices jumped back with an incline percentage of 2.21%. Opening the month at Rs.3,936 per gram, the rates of the precious metal remained steady for most part of the month. However, with the Senate voting in favour of the impeachment of US president Donald Trump and the value of the dollar dipping against other currencies, the rates climbed in the city. Gold prices closed the month of December at Rs.4,023 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,499 per gram||Rs.3,581 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,582 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram||Rs.3,901 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,617 on 20 July||Rs.3,993 per gram on 30 August||Rs.4,036 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,468 per gram on 3 July||Rs.3,571 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,855 per gram on 15 and 16 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,293 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram||Rs.3,499 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,298 per gram on 10 April||Rs.3,339 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,533 per gram on 26 and 27 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,247 per gram from 20-22 April||Rs.3,247 per gram on 24 May||Rs.3,303 per gram on 1 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,257 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,422 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,428 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,282 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,326 per gram on 30 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,422 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,257 per gram on 1, 2, 3 and 7 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,252 per gram on 30 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2019:
- After opening at Rs.3,257 per gram, gold prices in Kota were on an upward swing as positive overseas cues and growing local jeweller demand kept prices steady with the metal rising to Rs.3,289 per gram on 11 January.
- A weak U.S. dollar also added to gold’s sheen as investor interest in the safe-haven metal rose over the perceived impact of the ongoing government shutdown as the yellow metal climbed to Rs.3,309 per gram on 15 January.
- Concerns over stagnating global economic growth and the continued U.S. government shutdown served to increase gold’s appeal globally as the metal rose to Rs.3,353 per gram on 20 January.
- Trade worries due to the Sino-U.S. tariff dispute dragged the U.S. dollar lower as the precious metal climbed to Rs.3,365 per gram on 28 January and helped gold end the month at Rs.3,428 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for February 2019:
- A slight downward trend in overseas bullion demand saw the precious metal open lower at Rs.3,411 per gram but rising local demand boosted gold prices in Kota to Rs.3,443 per gram on 6 February.
- Fluctuating overseas demand ahead of a fresh round of Sino-U.S. trade talks saw gold dip to Rs.3,396 per gram on 13 February, but prices edged up to Rs.3,422 per gram on 16 February as local demand raised bullion offtake.
- Despite the Federal Reserve’s pro-dollar position leading to weak overseas gold orders, local jeweller demand boosted prices to Rs.3,458 per gram on 20 February.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,484 per gram on 22 February as the U.S. dollar was subdued due to weak jobs data projections but gold dropped to Rs.3,447 per gram on 24 February and remained constant till the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for March 2019:
- Consistently weak overseas investor demand impacted local demand and capped gold rates in Kota as the metal opened lower at Rs.3,422 per gram, with prices dipping to Rs.3,302 per gram on 8 March.
- Brexit negotiations buoyed the pound as gold surged on a weak U.S. dollar, trading at Rs.3,334 per gram on 11 March before fluctuating industrial demand saw prices drop to Rs.3,298 per gram on 16 March.
- Demand remained weak as investors staved off bullion buys ahead of the Fed decision on interest rates as gold fell to Rs.3,282 per gram on 23 March, though prices inched up to Rs.3,318 per gram on 25 March on steady local retail offtake.
- Profit booking by overseas investors saw the yellow metal plunge to Rs.3,252 per gram on 30 March but growing uncertainty over a possible economic slowdown boosted prices to Rs.3,282 per gram on 31 March.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,133 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,144 per gram||Rs.3,257 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,288 per gram on 30 October||Rs.3,283 per gram on 1 and 2 November||Rs.3,257 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,144 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,124 per gram on 2 and 3 December|
Gold rate trend in Kota for October 2018
- Gold trading opened on a positive note in October as the markets fell considerably due to various political factors. As a result, the value of the dollar decreased against the rupee, giving rise to the demand for gold.
- On the first day of the month, the price of gold was Rs.3,138 per gram which was the lowest recorded price of the metal in October. As the value of the rupee increased, the local demand for gold increased as well.
- In the second half, gold was hovering around Rs.3,277 per gram with the increase in demand from local jewellers due to the festive season.
- The highest price of the metal was Rs.3,288 per gram on 30 October resulting in a percentage incline of 4.59.
Gold rate trend in Kota for November 2018
- In November, gold prices fell drastically, undoing all the positive trends of the previous month. As the dollar recovered against other currencies, the value of the rupee fell considerably, leading to a decrease in demand.
- The price of the metal opened at Rs.3,283 per gram. In the first week of the month, the price was steady owing to the festivals of Diwali and Dhanteras, when the demand was comparatively high. However, it decreased to Rs.3,185 per gram by the middle of the month.
- The import business took a hit due to the decrease in demand, considering the value of the rupee dipping quickly.
- Gold trading closed at Rs.3,144 per gram on 30 November with a percentage decline of 4.23.
Gold rate trend in Kota for December 2018
- December proved to be a relief for the investors as the markets fell yet again, decreasing the value of the dollar against the other currencies.
- On 1 December, Gold was priced at Rs.3,133 per gram and increased to 3,232 per gram by the middle of the month.
- The global trend of the metal showed positive signs along with the US-China trade truce and the ongoing Brexit negotiations which led to the fall in markets. Coming to the Indian markets, apart from global factors, the wedding season in December also contributed to the rise in local demand.
- Gold trading closed on 31 December at Rs.3,257 per gram, resulting in a percentage incline of 3.95.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram||Rs.3,138 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,159 per gram on 11 July||Rs.3,108 per gram on 28 and 29 August||Rs.3,174 per gram on 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,078 per gram from 29 - 31 July||Rs.3,026 per gram on 17 August||Rs.3,108 per gram from 3-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Kota for July 2018
- Gold opened at Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 July.
- The demand for the metal in Kota was steady and gold prices surged in the following days.
- The highest gold rate for the month was recorded on 11 July when the metal traded at Rs.3,159 per gram.
- The price of gold in Kota dropped during the last few days of the month as the value of the US dollar increased and investors did not gravitate towards safe-haven assets.
- Gold rate in Kota hit a monthly low of Rs.3,078 per gram on 29 July and remained unchanged till the end of the month.
- Gold rates in Kota declined by 1.91% in the month of July.
Gold rate trend in Kota for August 2018
- When trading for gold commenced on 1 August, the price of the metal stood at Rs.3,078 per gram.
- The demand for the metal at the beginning of the month was steady amid poor trend overseas.
- However, on 17 August, the demand for the precious metal from local jewellers declined and gold prices fell in Kota. The lowest gold rate for the month was recorded on this day when the metal traded at Rs.3,026 per gram.
- In the following days, the value of the US dollar declined compared to other apex currencies and gold rates in Kota inclined.
- The highest gold rate for the month in Kota was Rs.3,108 per gram which was recorded on 28 and 29 August.
- Though gold rates kept fluctuating throughout the month of August, the overall trend of gold rates in Kota was an incline of 0.81%.
Gold rate trend in Kota for September 2018
- The price of gold stood at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1 September 2018.
- As the demand for the metal dropped from industrial units and local jewellers, the gold rate in Kota dropped and hit a monthly low of Rs.3,108 per gram from 3rd to 5th of the month.
- In the following days, the value of the US dollar declined compared to other apex currencies and gold prices in Kota inclined.
- Due to the festive season, the price of the precious metal further surged and traded at Rs.3,174 per gram on 26 and 27 September.
- Gold closed at Rs.3,138 per gram in Kota after recording an incline of 0.57%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,154 per gram
Rs.3,227 per gram
Rs.3,203 per gram
Rs.3,227 per gram
Rs.3,206 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,247 per gram on 20 and 21 April
Rs.3,242 per gram on 14 May
Rs.3,206 per gram on 2 June
Rs.3,150 per gram on 6 and 7 April
Rs.3,191 per gram on 22 and 23 May
Rs.3,149 per gram on 23. 24 and 28 June
Overall Monthly Performance
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2018:
- When trading commenced for the quarter, gold rate in Kota was recorded holding at Rs.3,154 per gram on the 1st with poor local demand brought about by weak global cues.
- Gold continued trading at the same rate at the domestic level with demand capped by the strong dollar the next day. This was also the lowest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- The rest of the month witnessed gold rates recovering with demand picking up amid the positive dollar-gold dynamic at the global level.
- Prices rose to a monthly high of Rs.3,247 per gram on the 20th as investor demand spiked amid the weakened US dollar index and losing equity markets.
- Rates remained untouched at Rs.3,247 per gram the following day with strong and steady local demand amid the firm trend overseas.
- Trading concluded for the month with the yellow metal priced at Rs.3,227 per gram on the 30th as retail demand stabilised at the domestic level amid the recovering US dollar and equities.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for May 2018:
- The month began with gold price in Kota holding steady at Rs.3,227 per gram on the 1st with steady demand from local industries, jewellers and retailers amid favourable market cues.
- Poor cues globally coupled with the dominating US dollar index led to rates dropping considerably during the month.
- The third week saw gold rates rising to a monthly high of Rs.3,239 per gram on the 15th on account of strong demand from industries and jewellers amid positive overseas trends.
- However, demand plummeted over the next few days amid the rising greenback. This led to gold rate in Kota dropping to a monthly low of Rs.3,191 per gram on the 22nd.
- Subdued but steady demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries despite the weak market trends led to gold closing at Rs.3,206 per gram on the 31st.
- The bullion trade recorded an increase of 0.65% in gold prices during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for June 2018:
- Gold rate in Kota was recorded holding at Rs.3,203 per gram on the 1st when the final month of Q2 2018 opened in the city.
- The 2nd saw prices surging to a monthly high of Rs.3,206 per gram with strong investor demand brought about by the positive trend overseas.
- However, the rest of the month saw domestic demand flatlined by the strengthened US dollar and equity markets.
- Poor trends overseas coupled with weak demand led to gold being priced at Rs.3,149 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - from the 23rd to the 25th and on the 28th.
- The month came to an end with gold price in Kota finishing at Rs.3,159 per gram, registering a loss of 1.37% in gold trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,086 per gram
Rs.3,138 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,120 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,149 per gram
Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,175 per gram on 20 February
Rs.3,182 per gram from 27-30 March
Rs.3,082 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,092 per gram on 9 & 10 February
Rs.3,109 per gram on 20 March
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2018
- Demand for gold in Kota was on the rise for most of the month as political instability resulted in higher demand for safe-haven assets like bullion.
- Gold opened the month trading at Rs.3,085 per gram as local demand was slightly muted due to the import costs associated with a high U.S. Dollar.
- Jewellers increased demand as the month progressed as retail demand picked up, with gold prices on a steady increase.
- International cues also bolstered demand for the yellow metal, which traded at Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 January to record its highest price for the month.
- Prices plunged towards the end of the month as markets stabilised and the dollar rebounded, with gold priced at Rs.3,120 per gram on 31 January to record a rise in price of 1.10% during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for February 2018
- Gold prices in February fluctuated as conflicting cues and a drop in retail demand led to minimal rises in price.
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.3,138 per gram as the month began on positive market cues and strong demand from local jewellers.
- A minor drop in price was seen as the dollar gained on positive U.S. industrial data, which led to a drop in demand for the metal.
- Prices did not see much change as demand was mostly static, with the metal reaching its monthly high of Rs.3,175 per gram on 20 February after fresh fears of a worldwide trade war.
- As markets rose on positive cues, there was a drop in demand for bullion from investors, which led to a drop in the gold price to Rs.3,159 per gram on 28 February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for March 2018
- There was a decline in the price of gold in March due to a sharp drop in demand both locally as well as overseas.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,159 per gram on 1 March but prices fluctuated due to unstable demand.
- Orders from jewellers declined due to a drop in retail demand coupled with the high import cost associated with a rising U.S. Dollar.
- The middle of the month saw a drop in demand for gold as the dollar rate stabilised and local demand also fell on sluggish retail sales.
- Gold prices rose to Rs.3,182 per gram on 28 March as renewed tensions with North Korea led to investors rushing to invest in gold as a hedge against future losses.
- Prices dropped sharply as the month ended, with gold priced at Rs.3,149 per gram on 31 March.
- Gold prices fell by 0.31% over the course of the month due to sharp slides in demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,109 per gram||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,086 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,133 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 20 and 21 November||Rs.3,086 per gram on 30 and 21 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,073 per gram on 27 and 28 October||Rs.3,057 per gram from 4 to 6 November||Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2017:
- When trading commenced in Kota, the precious metal prices were recorded holding at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 1st of October.
- Gold rate in Kota plunged initially during the first week before rebounding towards the end of the month owing to strong global cues that pushed demand higher for the bullion.
- The 12th saw the yellow metal prices surging to Rs.3,133 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - due to an increase in demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries ahead of the festive season.
- However, with the US dollar index gaining against other apex currencies in the global market, gold prices began to decline towards the third week.
- Reduced domestic demand compounded by the poor trends overseas resulted in prices hitting their lowest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,073 per gram on the 27th.
- The month concluded in Kota with the bullion trading at Rs.3,087 per gram on the 31st registering a loss of 0.70% due to the poor global cues that pushed demand lower during the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Kota for November 2017:
- The month began with the bullion priced at Rs.3,087 per gram on the 1st amid poor trends overseas.
- With the US dollar index gaining against a basket of other apex currencies, the greenback dependant metal prices as the week progressed.
- The 4th saw gold rate in Kota hitting their lowest monthly figure of Rs.3,057 per gram amid the strengthened US dollar and firmer equities.
- The dollar, however, lost its ground amid concerns over Trump administration in the United States. This led to gold rates rebounding from the third week of the month.
- On the 20th, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,113 per gram owing to an incline in domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries amid the firm trend overseas. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in Kota.
- Strong global cues coupled with an increased local demand ahead of the wedding season resulted in gold prices closing at Rs.3,078 per gram on the last day.
- Kota witnessed the bullion trade drop by 0.29% during the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Kota for December 2017:
- The final month of the quarter opened with gold initially trading at Rs.3,068 per gram on the 1st amid the strengthening US dollar and equities.
- Prices remained on the lower side for the first two weeks due to the approval of Trump’s landmark US tax reform bill that received positive sentiments from world markets.
- The 14th saw gold prices hitting their lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,990 per gram with the US dollar strengthening ahead of the US Federal Reserve’s monetary policy meeting.
- However, demand for the metal surged in the next few days after investors concentrated on the bullion to hedge against the Fed rate hike.
- When the month came to an end, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,086 per gram on the 31st owing to strong domestic demand amid the firm trend overseas.
- The bullion trade in Kota registered an incline of 0.58% in gold prices during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Kota for July 2017
- Gold opened at Rs.3,063 per gram, when trading began for the month in Kota.
- Prices surged to touch the highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,079 per gram the next day as demand for the yellow metal increased significantly.
- The introduction of GST in the country resulted in an unexpected decline in domestic demand. This resulted in the metal prices falling to Rs.3,016 per gram.
- Gold rates in Kota dropped considerably on the 11th of July with reduced local demand.
- However, prices rose gradually over the next few days and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,932 per gram during the closing hours on the 16th. The rise in prices was also due to the rising tensions between the US and North Korea.
- Gold prices in Kota surged to Rs.2,965 per gram on the 20th as investors gravitated to safe-haven investments with the India-China border stand-off escalating.
- Thanks to increased buying from investors and retail jewellers, gold rates rose to Rs.3,024 per gram on the 23rd.
- Gold prices in Kota dipped to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 25th as the US dollar regained lost ground, but rates rose marginally the next day to be priced at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- The month of July ended in Kota with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- Kota witnessed a decline of 1.95% in gold rate trend during the month as the introduction of GST spurred an unexpected decline in domestic demand.
Gold rate trend in Kota for August 2017
- Gold started off on a steady note priced at Rs.3,003 per gram when the month began.
- However, gold prices in Kota dropped on the 4th due to reduced local demand and the metal was trading at Rs.2,998 per gram.
- Poor global, as well as domestic trade, resulted in gold prices dropping to Rs.2,979 per gram on the 7th, which rebounded to touch Rs.3,002 per gram on the 9th as demand for the metal improved with a fall in the dollar rates.
- With speculations of a nuclear war between the US and North Korea, the US economy collapsed and gold rates spiked to Rs.3,032 per gram on the 13th.
- The rising tensions between the US and North Korea led to safe-haven investments rise globally and gold prices in Kota surged to Rs.3,046 per gram on the 15th.
- Geopolitical tensions boosted demand for the metal and prices rose to Rs.3,053 per gram on the 19th.
- Minor fluctuations in demand over the next few days resulted in a volatile domestic market.
- However, gold rates in Kota dropped significantly to Rs.3,021 per gram on the 29th due to reduced buying from industrial units and coin manufacturers.
- The dollar weakened as the US-North Korea overseas relations worsened and gold was trading at Rs.3,056 per gram on the 31st with high demand for the bullion.
Gold rate trend in Kota for September 2017
- When the month began, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,079 per gram on the 1st.
- Demand for the metal dropped gradually during the first week and gold was trading at Rs.3,068 per gram on the 6th - the lowest recorded monthly figure in Kota.
- The 8th witnessed gold rates surging to touch the highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,194 per gram as demand for the metal rose in the international market.
- Gold rates in Kota fell over the next few days as demand declined gradually due to steady high prices and gold was trading at Rs.3,139 per gram on the 17th.
- Demand for the metal dropped further with the US dollar value building up. This led to gold rates dropping to Rs.3,112 per gram on the 19th.
- However, the US-North Korean relations worsened, pushing safe-haven investments high and gold was trading at Rs.3,133 per gram the next day.
- Gold price in Kota surged to Rs.165 per gram on the 26th as the arrival of Dussehra spurred an increase in demand for the precious metal.
- Gold rates fell as the US dollar rose towards the end of the month, and the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,118 per gram on the 29th.
- The month of September ended with gold trading at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 30th.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,043 per gram||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,118 per gram from 14 to 16 April||Rs.3,065 per gram on 31 May||Rs.3,099 per gram from 7 to 10 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,038 from 10 to 11 April||Rs.2,976 per gram from 11 to 16 May||Rs.3,047 from 2 to 6 June|
Gold Price Trend in Kota for April 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,043 per gram when trading commenced for April.
- As the US dollar seemed to weaken, gold prices went up to Rs.3,063 per gram on the 5th of the month.
- By the 14th of April, gold rate in Kota had gone as high as Rs.3,118 per gram - the month’s highest rate - as a underperforming US dollar gave way to increased demand in the global market.
- Due to the Asian markets rallying and the US dollar strengthening, gold rates seemed to gradually decline over the remaining days of the month.
- Prices remained mostly at Rs.3,113 per gram for much of week 4, before going down to Rs.3,097 per gram on the 24th of the month.
- Gold rates in Kota decline further to end the month at Rs.3,058 per gram.
- Price trends inclined at a rate of 0.49% despite the fact that demand fell considerably towards the latter half of the month.
Gold Price Trend in Kota for May 2017
- Gold prices in Kota started for May at Rs.3,058 per gram and saw demand decline as days progressed.
- Emmanuel Macron’s victory against conservative leader Marine Le Pen led to markets bouncing back, which subsequently led to drop in gold demand.
- A weak demand brought about by strong stock markets led to gold rates going down to as low as Rs.3,000 per gram on the 9th.
- With demand showing little signs of improving, gold rates reached the lowest of Rs.2,976 per gram on the 11th and continued at the same rate till the 16th.
- However, as US President Donald Trump’s collusion fiasco took centre stage, gold demand surged with the metal trading at Rs.3,029 per gram on the 18th of May.
- Demand surged further as Trump family members were linked to having direct contact with Russian officials.
- Gold price in Kota went up to as high as Rs.3,050 per gram on the 26th and continued to rise and traded at Rs.3,065 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Owing to a slowdown in the US market, gold price trends surged by 0.22% for the month of May.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for June 2017
- Gold prices started at Rs.3,065 per gram when June began and surged up close to Rs.3,100 levels as news scandals involving the US president hit the newsrooms.
- With the arrival of GST imminent, bullion investors decided to make most of their purchases within the short window which was available to them.
- A significant rise in demand saw gold trade at Rs.3,099 per gram from the 7th to the 10th of May.
- For the remaining days of the month, gold price in Kota didn’t change much, thanks to stable demand from the local market.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.3,050 per gram from the 16th to the 29th of the month.
- As the introduction of GST was just 24 hours away, investors put in a last-ditch effort to buy as much gold as possible. This led to the precious metal trading at Rs.3,063 per gram on the last days of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,893 per gram||Rs.3,035 per gram||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,017 per gram||Rs.3,095 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest price||Rss.3,060 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,101 per gram from 25th-27th February||Rs.3,080 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th of January||Rs.3,034 per gram on 1st & 2nd February||Rs.2,974 per gram from 15th to 17th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2017:
- Gold trading in Kota was so well for the month of January that prices gained by over Rs.124 for the entire month.
- On January 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,893 per gram, which fell to Rs.2,888 per gram before going back up to Rs.2,926 per gram on 6th.
- The 10th saw gold price reach their lowest i.e, Rs.2,841 per gram as demand dropped significantly for a span of two days.
- However, once demand picked up there was no looking back as rates went up to Rs.3,023 per gram on 16th and then to Rs.3,034 per gram on 17th.
- By the 23rd, gold prices had gained further more to reach the highest gold rate for the month at Rs.3,060 per gram.
- Rates trailed down after that as demand couldn’t be sustained to end the month at Rs.3,017 per gram.
- The month of January witnessed gold prices increase at the rate of 4.28%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for February 2017:
- When February began gold was seen trading at a sub-Rs.3,000 level.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.3,035 per gram, which went up to Rs.3,044 per gram on 6th as demand went up slightly.
- The 7th saw prices go up again to Rs.3,075 per gram as several decisions taken by US President Donald Trump pushed investors towards gold purchases.
- By the end of the 17th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.3,075 per gram as demand went down.
- However, the last ten days of the month pushed gold prices further up.
- On 25th, gold prices hit their highest point at Rs.3,101 per gram as news that Federal Reserve may hike its interest rates broke out.
- The last day of February saw gold prices reach Rs.3,095 per gram as the surge in demand calmed down.
- Gold price trends changed at a rate of 1.97% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for March 2017:
- In March, gold prices in Kota took a hit as Fed rate hike pushed bullion investors away from the market.
- The month began with gold selling at Rs.3,080 per gram, which seemed to go down over the course of the month.
- By the 15th, gold prices had dropped down to as low as Rs.2,974 per gram as demand for the metal kept sinking as US dollar strengthened.
- However, the market rallied to bring gold prices up to as much as Rs.3,029 per gram at the end of the month.
- In Kota, gold prices declined by -1.65% for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,304||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,199||Rs.3,012 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,304 on 1st October||Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd November||Rs.2,963 per gram on the 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,157 from 7th October to 13th October||Rs.2,981 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,825 per gram on the 22nd and 23rd|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2016
- Kota bore witness to quite a bit of fluctuations during the last quarter of 2016.
- When trading began on the 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,304 per gram, which also happened to be the highest price for the month.
- Prices, however, began to dip on 2nd as they hit Rs.3,273 per gram and further went down to Rs.3,157 per gram on 9th.
- On 14th, prices increased slightly to hit Rs.3,162 per gram, which continued on till the 25th of the month.
- Prices saw considerable upswing over the last week as they first went up to Rs.2,189 per gram on 26th and then to Rs.3,199 per gram at the end of the month.
- Gold rate trend for the month of October saw a decline in the Rajasthani city of Kota.
- The percentage change for this month stood at -3.18%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for November 2016
- Much like rest of the country, November turned out to be the most torrid period for gold sales in Kota as well.
- This month saw gold prices dip by nearly twice as much compared to October.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,199 per gram, which later increased to Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd.
- However, the worst was yet to come when demonetisation was introduced on November 9th, from which point prices seemed to go down.
- In just over a week gold prices went from Rs.3,242 per gram to Rs.3,074 per gram.
- Gold prices hit their worst for the month when te went down to Rs.2,981 per gram on the 26th.
- Prices however gained to end the month at Rs.3,012 per gram as cash flow issues were dealt with to some extent.
- Overall, gold price trends saw a change of -5.84% for the month of November.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for December 2016
- December saw gold prices dip further during the last month of Q4.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,963 per gram, which went down to as low as Rs.2,918 per gram in just over a week on 9th.
- From 13th to 16th prices remained at Rs.2,903 per gram and decreased - significantly - to touch Rs.2,846 per gram on the 17th.
- The last week of December came as a slight relief for the gold industry prices stabilised to end the year at Rs.2,893 per gram.
- December like the previous two months saw gold price trends follow its downward path, albeit at a much slower level.
- All in all, the last month of Q4 saw gold rate trends change by -2.38%.
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 7th and 8th July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th-30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,209 per gram on 12th and 13th July||Rs.3,236 per gram from 8th-14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2016
- The price of gold was Rs.3,224 per gram as the month began, with the price rising to Rs.3,285 per gram mid-week due to a sudden slump in the markets.
- Prices remained high for the week as the Dollar performed poorly and bullion demand was high.
- The prices fell to Rs.3,207 per gram on 15th July as the markets recovered and domestic demand did not match expectations.
- Prices continued to be low as the fourth week began, with gold trading at Rs.3,217 per gram on 23rd July due to sustained low demand.
- An increase in demand and strong global demand pushed prices up to Rs.3,244 per gram at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for August 2016
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,247 per gram at the start of the week and remained stable for the rest of the week, with slight increases towards the end of the week.
- The price dipped slightly as the second week began due to the markets strengthening and domestic demand for gold falling.
- A renewal in demand from jewellers led to prices rising to Rs.3,274 per gram on 17th August, with prices reaching Rs.3,284 per gram on 19th August.
- The fourth week saw prices continue to climb as market instability led investors to gold, with prices reaching the month’s high of Rs.3,290 per gram on 23rd August.
- Prices fell as the month ended, with prices dropping to Rs.3,245 per gram due to the markets surging.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,245 per gram at the start of the month as the markets stabilised and demand was muted, with prices rising to Rs.3,255 per gram as the week ended.
- Prices jumped to Rs.3,291 per gram on the 7th of September as the markets fell unexpectedly and demand for gold soared.
- Prices remained stable for the third week as demand was constant.
- The fourth week saw prices dip to Rs.3,277 per gram on 20th September, but a surge in demand led prices to rise to Rs.3,304 towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,988 per gram||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs. 2,991 per gram||Rs.3,209 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,147 per gram on 30 April.||Rs. 3,153 per gram on 16 May.||Rs.3,212 per gram on 25th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,957 per gram on 4 April.||Rs. 2,991 per gram on 31 May.||Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in April 2016
- Gold rate per gram steadily increased as the month progressed.
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,147 per gram on 30 April and this rate was the highest in the month.
- A rise of 5.32% was witnessed.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in May 2016
- The month of May witnessed a decline in gold rates per gram.
- This is largely attributed to the expectation of interest rate hikes by US Fed.
- A decline of 4.95% was witnessed towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Kota in June 2016
- A rise of was seen in the price of gold at the end of the month with the lowest price of gold being Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June.
- The highest rate of gold was noted on the 25th of June wherein gold was priced at Rs.3,209 per gram.
- There were many fluctuations noted in the price of gold throughout the month but were largely on the higher side.
- Post Brexit polls, economic uncertainty throughout the world resulted in a drastic increase in the price of gold.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,605 per gram||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 2,988 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2781 per gram on 31 Jan.||Rs. 3,067 per gram on 29 February.||Rs. 3,090 per gram on 10 March.|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2605 per gram on 1 Jan.||Rs. 2,797 per gram on 2 February.||Rs. 2,974 per gram on 23 March.|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in January 2016
- Gold rates remained more or less the same throughout the month.
- A rise of 6.75 percent was seen in gold rate per gram towards the end of the month.
- The highest rate was seen on the last day of the month at Rs. 2,781 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in February 2016
- There were a few fluctuations in gold rate per gram throughout the month of February.
- However, the month witnessed a rise in gold prices at a rate of 10.28%.
- The highest rate was Rs. 3,067 per gram on 29 February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in March 2016
- The month of March saw a decline in the rates of gold per gram.
- At the beginning of the month, the rate of gold was at one of its highest but saw a decline as the month progressed.
- The lowest rate recorded was on 23 March at Rs. 2,974 per gram.
Gold investment in Kota
No reliable figures are available to indicate the demand for gold in Kota. However, the high number of gold jewellery showrooms in the city indicate that the appetite for the precious metal is high in Kota. Kota’s status are the third-largest city also means that several small-town citizens will flock to the city to purchase their ornaments.
Gold investment in Kota takes two main forms, just like in the rest of the country.
Physical gold: Indians invest in gold by buying jewellery and gold coins/bullions. They sell off the gold or pledge it for loans when they are in monetary crisis. Gold ornaments and articles are procured over the counter from jewellers and showrooms. However, gold bars and coins of the highest purity and quality can be obtained from banks and authorised financial institutions. These can also be got from jewellers and pawnshops, and people of Kota prefer to deal with shops than banks because of the slightly higher rates the banks charge.
Market trade: Paper gold investment options such as gold exchange traded funds (Gold ETFs), sovereign gold bonds and e-gold are also transacted in Kota. These modes may not be popular yet, but those trading in stocks and bonds are slowly becoming favourable towards gold funds and bonds.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kota
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Rajasthan
Read more on Gold
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- How are Gold Rates Determined?