*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Kota is the third-most populated city of Rajasthan, and is located close to the state’s capital Jaipur. It used to be a part of the kingdom of Bundi, ruled by Rajputs. City Fort Palace, Jagmandir Palace and the artificial lake Kishore Sagar are popular tourist haunts.
Kota is an educational hub, with a number of engineering and medical coaching institutions as well as universities and colleges. The city, located along the banks of River Chambal, is also a trade centre for agricultural products. The main economic activities include mills of cotton and oilseed, weaving, dairy, distilleries as well as production of metal handicrafts, chemicals and fertilizers, and engineering equipment.
Gold prices in Kota
Gold is an auspicious metal for India, and Kota is no exception to this preference. People of Kota buy gold ornaments to wear on weddings and family functions, and give gold jewellery and articles as presents for anniversaries and birthdays. Rolled gold and gold-plated jewellery, which contain about 1% of gold polished on to the surface, are also popular.
Since gold is not produced locally, Kota jewellers depend on imported gold. Fluctuations in te international gold market, therefore, affect the prices in the city. Gold of 99.9% purity – 24-karat gold – is generally purchased by jewellers and those investing in gold coins and bullions. Gold of 91.6% purity – 22-karat – is favoured by consumers buying jewellery. Pure gold is not suitable to make ornaments because of its lack of strength. The 22-karat gold is mixed with 2 parts of silver, copper, nickel or other metals to form a durable alloy with which to make ornaments and gold articles.
24-karat gold prices: The price of 10 grams of 24-karat gold in Kota was Rs. 29,760, up by just Rs. 260 from 10 days ago (March 2, 2016), when it was Rs. 29,500. Gold prices in Kota grew only around 0.87 percent in 10 days. The price of 24-karat gold in Delhi on March 11, on the other hand, was Rs. 30,374, which is Rs. 614 more than the rate in Kota.
22-karat gold prices: On March 11, 10 grams of 22-karat gold was selling at Rs. 27,820 in Kota, merely 1.02 percent higher than the Rs. 27,540 registered on March 2. The gold rate in Delhi on March 11 was Rs. 580 (2%) more that the price in Kota, at Rs. 28,400.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,893 per gram||Rs.3,035 per gram||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,017 per gram||Rs.3,095 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest price||Rss.3,060 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,101 per gram from 25th-27th February||Rs.3,080 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th of January||Rs.3,034 per gram on 1st & 2nd February||Rs.2,974 per gram from 15th to 17th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2017:
- Gold trading in Kota was so well for the month of January that prices gained by over Rs.124 for the entire month.
- On January 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,893 per gram, which fell to Rs.2,888 per gram before going back up to Rs.2,926 per gram on 6th.
- The 10th saw gold price reach their lowest i.e, Rs.2,841 per gram as demand dropped significantly for a span of two days.
- However, once demand picked up there was no looking back as rates went up to Rs.3,023 per gram on 16th and then to Rs.3,034 per gram on 17th.
- By the 23rd, gold prices had gained further more to reach the highest gold rate for the month at Rs.3,060 per gram.
- Rates trailed down after that as demand couldn’t be sustained to end the month at Rs.3,017 per gram.
- The month of January witnessed gold prices increase at the rate of 4.28%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for February 2017:
- When February began gold was seen trading at a sub-Rs.3,000 level.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.3,035 per gram, which went up to Rs.3,044 per gram on 6th as demand went up slightly.
- The 7th saw prices go up again to Rs.3,075 per gram as several decisions taken by US President Donald Trump pushed investors towards gold purchases.
- By the end of the 17th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.3,075 per gram as demand went down.
- However, the last ten days of the month pushed gold prices further up.
- On 25th, gold prices hit their highest point at Rs.3,101 per gram as news that Federal Reserve may hike its interest rates broke out.
- The last day of February saw gold prices reach Rs.3,095 per gram as the surge in demand calmed down.
- Gold price trends changed at a rate of 1.97% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for March 2017:
- In March, gold prices in Kota took a hit as Fed rate hike pushed bullion investors away from the market.
- The month began with gold selling at Rs.3,080 per gram, which seemed to go down over the course of the month.
- By the 15th, gold prices had dropped down to as low as Rs.2,974 per gram as demand for the metal kept sinking as US dollar strengthened.
- However, the market rallied to bring gold prices up to as much as Rs.3,029 per gram at the end of the month.
- In Kota, gold prices declined by -1.65% for the month of March.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota from October to December 2016 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,304||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,199||Rs.3,012 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,304 on 1st October||Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd November||Rs.2,963 per gram on the 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,157 from 7th October to 13th October||Rs.2,981 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,825 per gram on the 22nd and 23rd|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for October 2016
- Kota bore witness to quite a bit of fluctuations during the last quarter of 2016.
- When trading began on the 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,304 per gram, which also happened to be the highest price for the month.
- Prices, however, began to dip on 2nd as they hit Rs.3,273 per gram and further went down to Rs.3,157 per gram on 9th.
- On 14th, prices increased slightly to hit Rs.3,162 per gram, which continued on till the 25th of the month.
- Prices saw considerable upswing over the last week as they first went up to Rs.2,189 per gram on 26th and then to Rs.3,199 per gram at the end of the month.
- Gold rate trend for the month of October saw a decline in the Rajasthani city of Kota.
- The percentage change for this month stood at -3.18%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for November 2016
- Much like rest of the country, November turned out to be the most torrid period for gold sales in Kota as well.
- This month saw gold prices dip by nearly twice as much compared to October.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,199 per gram, which later increased to Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd.
- However, the worst was yet to come when demonetisation was introduced on November 9th, from which point prices seemed to go down.
- In just over a week gold prices went from Rs.3,242 per gram to Rs.3,074 per gram.
- Gold prices hit their worst for the month when te went down to Rs.2,981 per gram on the 26th.
- Prices however gained to end the month at Rs.3,012 per gram as cash flow issues were dealt with to some extent.
- Overall, gold price trends saw a change of -5.84% for the month of November.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for December 2016
- December saw gold prices dip further during the last month of Q4.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,963 per gram, which went down to as low as Rs.2,918 per gram in just over a week on 9th.
- From 13th to 16th prices remained at Rs.2,903 per gram and decreased - significantly - to touch Rs.2,846 per gram on the 17th.
- The last week of December came as a slight relief for the gold industry prices stabilised to end the year at Rs.2,893 per gram.
- December like the previous two months saw gold price trends follow its downward path, albeit at a much slower level.
- All in all, the last month of Q4 saw gold rate trends change by -2.38%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 7th and 8th July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th-30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,209 per gram on 12th and 13th July||Rs.3,236 per gram from 8th-14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for July 2016
- The price of gold was Rs.3,224 per gram as the month began, with the price rising to Rs.3,285 per gram mid-week due to a sudden slump in the markets.
- Prices remained high for the week as the Dollar performed poorly and bullion demand was high.
- The prices fell to Rs.3,207 per gram on 15th July as the markets recovered and domestic demand did not match expectations.
- Prices continued to be low as the fourth week began, with gold trading at Rs.3,217 per gram on 23rd July due to sustained low demand.
- An increase in demand and strong global demand pushed prices up to Rs.3,244 per gram at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for August 2016
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,247 per gram at the start of the week and remained stable for the rest of the week, with slight increases towards the end of the week.
- The price dipped slightly as the second week began due to the markets strengthening and domestic demand for gold falling.
- A renewal in demand from jewellers led to prices rising to Rs.3,274 per gram on 17th August, with prices reaching Rs.3,284 per gram on 19th August.
- The fourth week saw prices continue to climb as market instability led investors to gold, with prices reaching the month’s high of Rs.3,290 per gram on 23rd August.
- Prices fell as the month ended, with prices dropping to Rs.3,245 per gram due to the markets surging.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,245 per gram at the start of the month as the markets stabilised and demand was muted, with prices rising to Rs.3,255 per gram as the week ended.
- Prices jumped to Rs.3,291 per gram on the 7th of September as the markets fell unexpectedly and demand for gold soared.
- Prices remained stable for the third week as demand was constant.
- The fourth week saw prices dip to Rs.3,277 per gram on 20th September, but a surge in demand led prices to rise to Rs.3,304 towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,988 per gram||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs. 2,991 per gram||Rs.3,209 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,147 per gram on 30 April.||Rs. 3,153 per gram on 16 May.||Rs.3,212 per gram on 25th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,957 per gram on 4 April.||Rs. 2,991 per gram on 31 May.||Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in April 2016
- Gold rate per gram steadily increased as the month progressed.
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,147 per gram on 30 April and this rate was the highest in the month.
- A rise of 5.32% was witnessed.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in May 2016
- The month of May witnessed a decline in gold rates per gram.
- This is largely attributed to the expectation of interest rate hikes by US Fed.
- A decline of 4.95% was witnessed towards the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Kota in June 2016
- A rise of was seen in the price of gold at the end of the month with the lowest price of gold being Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June.
- The highest rate of gold was noted on the 25th of June wherein gold was priced at Rs.3,209 per gram.
- There were many fluctuations noted in the price of gold throughout the month but were largely on the higher side.
- Post Brexit polls, economic uncertainty throughout the world resulted in a drastic increase in the price of gold.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,605 per gram||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 2,988 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2781 per gram on 31 Jan.||Rs. 3,067 per gram on 29 February.||Rs. 3,090 per gram on 10 March.|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2605 per gram on 1 Jan.||Rs. 2,797 per gram on 2 February.||Rs. 2,974 per gram on 23 March.|
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in January 2016
- Gold rates remained more or less the same throughout the month.
- A rise of 6.75 percent was seen in gold rate per gram towards the end of the month.
- The highest rate was seen on the last day of the month at Rs. 2,781 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in February 2016
- There were a few fluctuations in gold rate per gram throughout the month of February.
- However, the month witnessed a rise in gold prices at a rate of 10.28%.
- The highest rate was Rs. 3,067 per gram on 29 February.
Gold Rate Trend in Kota in March 2016
- The month of March saw a decline in the rates of gold per gram.
- At the beginning of the month, the rate of gold was at one of its highest but saw a decline as the month progressed.
- The lowest rate recorded was on 23 March at Rs. 2,974 per gram.
Gold investment in Kota
No reliable figures are available to indicate the demand for gold in Kota. However, the high number of gold jewellery showrooms in the city indicate that the appetite for the precious metal is high in Kota. Kota’s status are the third-largest city also means that several small-town citizens will flock to the city to purchase their ornaments.
Gold investment in Kota takes two main forms, just like in the rest of the country.
Physical gold: Indians invest in gold by buying jewellery and gold coins/bullions. They sell off the gold or pledge it for loans when they are in monetary crisis. Gold ornaments and articles are procured over the counter from jewellers and showrooms. However, gold bars and coins of the highest purity and quality can be obtained from banks and authorised financial institutions. These can also be got from jewellers and pawnshops, and people of Kota prefer to deal with shops than banks because of the slightly higher rates the banks charge.
Market trade: Paper gold investment options such as gold exchange traded funds (Gold ETFs), sovereign gold bonds and e-gold are also transacted in Kota. These modes may not be popular yet, but those trading in stocks and bonds are slowly becoming favourable towards gold funds and bonds.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kota
|Gold Rate In Udaipur||Gold Rate In Jaipur||Gold Rate In Jodhpur|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Rajasthan
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- How are Gold Rates Determined?