*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Jodhpur is a historical city popular among tourists. It is the second-largest in Rajasthan, with a population of more than 1 million. The city is lined with palaces and forts built by the various kings who ruled the land. Jodhpur was founded by Rao Jodha, a Rajput Rathore king who established the kingdom of Marwar in the region.
The popular tourist spots in Jodhpur include: the Mehrangarh Fort, the Jaswant Thada, and the Umaid Bhawan Palace. Several colourful fairs surrounding religious festivals are held in Jodhpur that attract large domestic and foreign tourists. The primary economic activities in Jodhpur are handicrafts, furniture and sporting goods manufacture and textile industry. Gypsum and salt are the key minerals products mined in the Jodhpur region.
Gold prices in Jodhpur
There are only 3 gold fields in India – Hutti and Uti in Karnataka, and Hirabuddini mines in Jharkand. Therefore, much of the gold used in India is imported. Because of this, gold prices follow the international trends. Prices also shoot up during the wedding season because of high demand and limited supply.
Most of the gold bought over the counter in India is in the form of 24-karat gold coins/bars (this is mainly for investment purposes), and jewellery made of 22-karat, 20-karat, 18-karat or 14-karat gold. Of these, 22-karat is the most popular and its prices can be easily tracked. Pure gold is not strong enough to be moulded into ornaments and hence is mixed with silver, copper or nickel.
24-karat gold price: 24-karat gold is the purest form of gold, with a purity of 99.99%. If you wish to buy 10 gram of 24-karat gold in Jodhpur, you will have to pay Rs. 29,690 as on March 11, 2016. This is Rs. 180 higher than the price of gold a week ago. Compared to the price of Rs. 30,374 in the national capital of Delhi, this is Rs. 684 lower.
22-karat gold price: Jewellery is usually made with 22-karat gold, with a purity of 91.6%. The rates of 22-karat gold are lower than that of 24-karat gold because of the decreased purity. If you want to buy 22-karat gold in Jodhpur, you have to shell out Rs. 27,750 for 10 grams (as on March 11). Prices have increased only slightly – around Rs. 200 – over the last 7 days. In Delhi, he price is Rs. 28,400, lower by Rs. 650.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,890 per gram||Rs.3,983 per gram||Rs.3,936 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,988 per gram||Rs.3,900 per gram||Rs.4,023 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,988 per gram from 26 to 31 October||Rs.3,992 per gram from 3 to 6 November||Rs.4,029 per gram on 29 and 30 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,807 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,900 per gram on 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,880 per gram on 12 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,499 per gram||Rs.3,581 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,582 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram||Rs.3,901 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,617 per gram on 20 July||Rs.4,013 per gram on 27 August||Rs.4,036 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,460 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,571 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,855 per gram on 17 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,293 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram||Rs.3,499 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,298 per gram on 10 April||Rs.3,339 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,533 per gram on 26 and 27 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,247 per gram from 20-22 April||Rs.3,247 per gram on 24 May||Rs.3,303 per gram on 1 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,257 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,422 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,428 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,282 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,326 per gram on 30 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,422 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,257 per gram on 1, 2, 3 and 7 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,252 per gram on 30 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2019:
- Gold rate in Jodhpur opened at Rs.3,257 per gram and steadily rose on consistent demand from jewellers and retailers, with prices rising to Rs.3,289 per gram from 4-6 January.
- Despite steady overseas demand, gold price in Jodhpur dipped to Rs.3,272 per gram on 9 January but rates climbed to Rs.3,309 per gram on 16 January after renewed uncertainty over the impact of the U.S. government shutdown.
- Bullion demand continued to rise despite sluggish order volumes from Asia, with the yellow metal priced at Rs.3,353 per gram on 21 January, with prices rising to Rs.3,376 per gram on 29 January on increased safe-haven buying.
- Uncertainty over the economic impact of Brexit and fears of another shutdown continued to rattle investors, which pushed gold prices to Rs.3,428 per gram when the month ended.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for February 2019:
- After opening at Rs.3,417 per gram, gold price in Jodhpur were subject to fluctuating local demand as the U.S. dollar recovered which prompted a slight drop in prices as the metal fell to Rs.3,411 per gram on 9 February.
- Positive U.S. economic data led to declining investor interest as gold rate in Jodhpur dropped to Rs.3,396 per gram on 13 February but consistent retail offtake boosted prices to Rs.3,458 per gram on 20 February.
- Fears over the long-term fallout of Brexit delays failed to bolster interest in the yellow metal, as prices dropped to Rs.3,447 per gram on 28 February to record a marginal rise of 0.87% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for March 2019:
- A decline in gold price in Jodhpur was observed during the month, with the metal trading at Rs.3,422 per gram on 1 March as both local and overseas interest waned on encouraging equity growth.
- Gold rate in Jodhpur momentarily rose to Rs.3,371 per gram from 3-6 March but fell sharply to Rs.3,302 per gram on 9 March as the Brexit delay settled rattled equity markets and bolstered the U.S. dollar.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,298 per gram on 16 March and prices spiralled downward despite global slowdown fears as muted offtake from Asia impacted prices negatively, with the metal dropping to Rs.3,282 per gram on 19 March.
- Declining jeweller demand was countered by steady overseas offtake as gold traded at Rs.3,318 per gram on 24 March before a rising dollar rate capped gains as the metal dropped to Rs.3,282 per gram on 31 March.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,133 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,144 per gram||Rs.3,257 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,288 per gram on 30 October||Rs.3,283 per gram on 1 and 2 November||Rs.3,257 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,144 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,124 per gram on 2 and 3 December|
Gold trend in Jodhpur for October 2018
- In Jodhpur, the price of gold increased throughout the month as the value of the rupee increased against the dollar, following the fall of the global markets.
- On 1 October 2018, gold price in Jodhpur opened at Rs.3,138 per gram and increased to Rs.3,262 per gram by the middle of the month.
- Major factors which resulted in the fall of global markets were the US-China trade war and the ongoing Brexit negotiations. This fall led to an increase in the demand for the metal, amongst local jewellers as well as on a global scale.
- The price of gold closed the month at Rs.3,282 per gram with a percentage incline of 4.59.
Gold trend in Jodhpur for November 2018
- Gold price in November declined throughout the month, even though there was high demand in the country due to Diwali and Dhanteras. The value of the dollar increased, recovering from the previous month’s fall.
- As the value of the rupee fell against the dollar, gold rate in Jodhpur opened at Rs.3,283 per gram, the price of the metal was steady in the first week of the month due to the festivities.
- The price of the metal decreased in the second half of the month due to poor local demand, as the dollar gained against other currencies.
- On 30 November, the gold was priced at Rs.3,144 per gram resulting in a percentage decline of 4.23.
Gold trend in Jodhpur for December 2018
- In December, the rupee recovered against the dollar, giving rise to local and global demand of the metal.
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,133 per gram and increased to Rs.3,232 per gram by the middle of the month as the global markets fell due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations and the US-China trade truce.
- The highest price of the metal was on 30 December 2018 and 31 December 2018 at Rs.3,257 per gram.
- At the end of the month, gold closed at Rs.3,257 per gram resulting in a percentage incline of 3.95.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram||Rs.3,138 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,159 per gram on 11 July||Rs.3,108 per gram on 28 and 29 August||Rs.3,174 per gram on 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,078 per gram from 29 - 31 July||Rs.3,026 per gram on 17 August||Rs.3,108 per gram from 3-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Jodhpur for July 2018
- Gold opened at Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 July.
- The demand for the precious yellow metal in Jodhpur was steady and gold prices surged in the following days.
- The highest gold rate for the month was recorded on 11 July when the metal traded at Rs.3,159 per gram.
- The price of gold in Jodhpur dropped during the last few days of the month as the value of the US dollar increased and investors did not gravitate towards safe-haven assets.
- Gold rate in Jodhpur hit a monthly low of Rs.3,078 per gram on 29 July and remained unchanged till the end of the month.
- Gold rates in Jodhpur declined by 1.91% in the month of July.
Gold rate trend in Jodhpur for August 2018
- When trading for gold commenced on 1 August, the price of the metal stood at Rs.3,078 per gram.
- The demand for the metal at the beginning of the month was steady amid poor trend overseas.
- However, on 17 August, the demand for the precious metal from local jewellers declined and gold prices fell in Jodhpur. The lowest gold rate for the month was recorded on this day when the metal traded at Rs.3,026 per gram.
- In the following days, the value of the US dollar declined compared to other apex currencies and gold rates in Jodhpur inclined.
- The highest gold rate for the month in Jodhpur was Rs.3,108 per gram which was recorded on 28 and 29 August.
- Though gold rates kept fluctuating throughout the month of August, the overall trend of gold rates in Jodhpur was an incline of 0.81%.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for April 2018 to June 2018
Rs.3,154 per gram
Rs.3,227 per gram
Rs.3,203 per gram
Rs.3,227 per gram
Rs.3,206 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,247 per gram on 20 and 21 April
Rs.3,242 per gram on 14 May
Rs.3,206 per gram on 2 June
Rs.3,150 per gram on 6 and 7 April
Rs.3,191 per gram on 22 and 23 May
Rs.3,149 per gram on 23. 24 and 28 June
Overall Monthly Performance
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for April 2018:
- Trading opened for the month with gold price in Jodhpur holding at a monthly low figure of Rs.3,154 per gram on the 1st with poor local demand amid weak global cues.
- However, rates picked up as the month progressed with the dollar losing against a basket of other apex currencies at the international level.
- Strong trends overseas coupled with an increased demand from jewellers, retailers and industries led to gold being priced at Rs.3,247 per gram on the 21st and the 22nd. This was also the highest monthly figure recorded in the city.
- Local demand stabilised over the next few days and gold rate in Jodhpur was recorded holding at Rs.3,227 per gram on the 30th amid favourable market cues.
- The bullion trade recorded an increase of 2.31% in gold prices, thanks to the positive market trends overseas that boosted demand during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for May 2018:
- The month of May began in Jodhpur with gold trading at Rs.3,203 per gram on the 1st with subdued domestic demand coupled with poor trends overseas.
- Prices surged to a monthly high of Rs.3,239 per gram on the 15th with strong investor demand brought about by the losing dollar and equities.
- Domestic demand, however, was capped over the next few days with buyers refraining from making purchases amid recovering US dollar and stock markets.
- The 22rd saw gold rate in Jodhpur holding at Rs.3,191 per gram with poor retail demand amid the weak global trends. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- The month concluded with gold trading at Rs.3,206 per gram on the 31st, registering a 0.65% incline in gold prices during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for June 2018:
- Gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,203 per gram on the 1st when trading began in the city of Jodhpur.
- Thanks to an increase in global demand brought about by favourable market trends, rates rose to a monthly high of Rs.3,206 per gram on the 2nd.
- However, with the US greenback dominating against a basket of other major currencies, demand for the metal dropped over the next couple of weeks.
- Poor domestic demand coupled with weak global cues led to gold price in Jodhpur dropping to a monthly low of Rs.3,149 per gram on the 23rd.
- Trading concluded for the quarter with bullion prices holding at Rs.3,159 per gram on the 30th with steady demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries amid favourable market cues overseas.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,086 per gram
Rs.3,138 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,120 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,149 per gram
Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,175 per gram on 20 February
Rs.3,182 per gram from 27-30 March
Rs.3,082 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,092 per gram on 9 & 10 February
Rs.3,109 per gram on 20 March
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2018:
- In Rajasthan, palace city, Jodhpur, gold was priced at Rs.3,086 per gram on the 1st of January.
- The trend was rather weak during the initial days of the month, as gold suffered to get ahead amidst weak trends and a strong dollar.
- On the 5th, gold rates were at their lowest for the month as it traded at Rs.3,082 per gram.
- The second week onwards saw silver prices surge and remain largely in the Rs.3,090 or above range as demand was constant.
- During the final week, gold hit its highest rate for the month - a Rs.3,171 per gram price on the 25th - to be precise.
- Demand subsided and gold rates were recorded at Rs.3,120 per gram on the final day of the month.
- Price trends recorded a 1.10% change this month, thanks to a largely stable and steady demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for February 2018:
- When February’s trading started, gold was priced at Rs.3,138 per gram - a Rs.18 per gram increase compared to the previous day.
- Like most other cities, gold rates dropped towards the beginning of the second week during which period the lowest rate for the month was recorded.
- This happened on the 9th and the 10th, when the metal traded at Rs.3,092 per gram.
- Demand surged during the third week as local sales rocketed ahead of strong cues. Gold rates hit their highest figure for this month on the 20th, when it traded at Rs.3,175 per gram.
- Demand consolidated towards the final few days of February, and gold rates declined slightly as a result of this.
- On the final day of February, gold was priced at Rs.3,159 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for March 2018:
- The final month of Q1 2018, saw gold open at Rs.3,159 per gram. Rates were quite steady for large periods of the month but dropped as the month wore on.
- Gold rates saw quite a few fluctuations this month - with most of them recorded - during the third week.
- The precious metal traded at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 20th, the month’s lowest rates, brought about by a poor local demand.
- However, a surged was recorded towards the end of the month and the metal traded at Rs.3,182 per gram from the 27th to the 30th - the month’s highest rates.
- On the final day, though, there was a sharp decline in prices - to the tune of Rs.33 per gram, which negated all the positive growth seen over the previous four weeks.
- Gold price trends fell by 0.31%, owing to a significant drop in demand on the last day of this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,109 per gram||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,086 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,133 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 20 and 21 November||Rs.3,086 per gram on 30 and 21 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,073 per gram on 27 and 28 October||Rs.3,057 per gram from 4 to 6 November||Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for October 2017:
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,109 per gram when the month of October began in the Rajasthani city of Jodhpur.
- Prices seemed to drop during the first week before surging briefly amid positive cues from the global market.
- On the 12th, gold rate in in Jodhpur went up to Rs.3,133 per gram - the month’s highest price. This continued on till the 16th of the month, as there was a steady demand for the metal from local investors.
- Gold prices in Jodhpur began to fall from the 3rd week onwards as the US dollar strengthened, which pushed local investors away from purchase.
- The 27th saw gold rates hit the lowest for the month of Rs.3,073 per gram. This was due to poor local demand brought on by a steady rise in dollar value.
- When the month came to an end, gold rate were recorded at Rs.3,087 per gram - a Rs.22 decline from the first day’s prices.
- Price trends had declined by 0.70% due to poor demand from the domestic market.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for November 2017:
- When November began, gold was priced at Rs.3,087 per gram.
- A poor global demand brought gold rates down during the initial few days with the metal trading at Rs.3,057 per gram from 4th to 6th November - the lowest for the month.
- This month saw gold prices fluctuate considerably before rising consistently from the third week onwards.
- As the US dollar seemed to fall slightly amid concerns over the Donald Trump administration, gold rates seemed to increase.
- A rise in demand towards the 20th of the month led to gold trading at Rs.3,113 per gram - the month’s highest gold rate.
- The rise in prices were largely due to an increased demand from jewellers who stocked up to meet the upcoming festive demand.
- When the month ended, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,078 per gram. There was a decline in gold rates during this month as well and prices fell by 0.29%.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for December 2017:
- The last month of 2017 saw gold rates increase, thanks to the tax reform introduced by Donald Trump, which wasn’t very well received by the market initially.
- As days passed, however, the market warmed to the new business-friendly tax cuts and the US economy began to pick up.
- On the 1st of December, the commodity was seen trading at Rs.3,068 per gram.
- Demand for the metal remained weak during the initial few days. Rates hit a monthly low of Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December after US treasury yields increased.
- However, rates picked up from then on and the metal traded in the Rs.3,000 plus range for the remaining few days of the month.
- Gold prices in Jodhpur were at their highest for the month on the 29th and 30th of the month, when the metal traded at Rs.3,086 per gram.
- Overall, December recorded a price rate increase of 0.58% and helped end 2017 on a positive note.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Jodhpur for July 2017
- Gold opened at Rs.3,063 per gram, when trading began for the month in Jodhpur.
- Prices surged to touch the highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,079 per gram the next day as demand for the yellow metal increased significantly.
- The introduction of GST in the country resulted in an unexpected decline in domestic demand. This resulted in the metal prices falling to Rs.3,016 per gram.
- Gold rate in Jodhpur dropped considerably on the 11th of July with reduced local demand.
- However, prices rose gradually over the next few days and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,932 per gram during the closing hours on the 16th. The rise in prices was also due to the rising tensions between the US and North Korea.
- Gold prices in Jodhpur surged to Rs.2,965 per gram on the 20th as investors gravitated to safe-haven investments with the India-China border stand-off escalating.
- Thanks to increased buying from investors and retail jewellers, gold rates rose to Rs.3,024 per gram on the 23rd.
- Prices dipped to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 25th as the US dollar regained lost ground, but rates rose marginally the next day to be priced at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- The month of July ended in Jodhpur with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- Jodhpur witnessed a decline of 1.95% in gold rate trend during the month as the introduction of GST spurred an unexpected decline in domestic demand.
Gold rate trend in Jodhpur for August 2017
- Gold started off on a steady note priced at Rs.3,003 per gram when the month began.
- However, gold price in Jodhpur dropped on the 4th due to reduced local demand and the metal was trading at Rs.2,998 per gram.
- Poor global, as well as domestic trade, resulted in gold prices dropping to Rs.2,979 per gram on the 7th, which rebounded to touch Rs.3,002 per gram on the 9th as demand for the metal improved with a fall in the dollar rates.
- With speculations of a nuclear war between the US and North Korea, the US economy collapsed and gold rates in Jodhpur spiked to Rs.3,032 per gram on the 13th.
- The rising tensions between the US and North Korea led to safe-haven investments rise globally and prices surged to Rs.3,046 per gram on the 15th.
- Geopolitical tensions boosted demand for the metal and prices rose to Rs.3,053 per gram on the 19th.
- Minor fluctuations in demand over the next few days resulted in a volatile domestic market.
- However, gold rate in Jodhpur dropped significantly to Rs.3,021 per gram on the 29th due to reduced buying from industrial units and coin manufacturers.
- The dollar weakened as the US-North Korea overseas relations worsened and gold was trading at Rs.3,056 per gram on the 31st with high demand for the bullion.
Gold rate trend in Jodhpur for September 2017
- When the month began, the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,079 per gram on the 1st.
- Demand for the metal dropped gradually during the first week and gold was trading at Rs.3,068 per gram on the 6th - the lowest recorded monthly figure in Jodhpur.
- The 8th witnessed gold rates surging to touch the highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,194 per gram as demand for the metal rose in the international market.
- Gold rates fell over the next few days as demand declined gradually due to steady high prices and gold was trading at Rs.3,139 per gram on the 16th.
- Demand for the metal dropped further with the US dollar value building up. This led to gold rate in Jodhpur dropping to Rs.3,112 per gram on the 19th.
- However, the US-North Korean relations worsened, pushing safe-haven investments high and gold was trading at Rs.3,133 per gram the next day.
- Gold price in Jodhpur surged to Rs.165 per gram on the 26th as the arrival of Dussehra spurred an increase in demand for the precious metal.
- Gold rates fell as the US dollar rose towards the end of the month, and the yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,118 per gram on the 29th.
- The month of September ended with gold trading at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 30th.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,043 per gram||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,118 per gram from 14 April to 16 April||Rs.3,065 per gram on 31 May||Rs.3,099 per gram from 7 June to 10 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,038 per gram on 10 and 11 April||Rs.2,976 per gram on 11 and 16 May||Rs.3,047 per gram from 2 June to 6 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,893 per gram||Rs.3,035 per gram||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,017 per gram||Rs.3,095 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest price||Rss.3,060 per gram on 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,101 per gram from 25th-27th February||Rs.3,080 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,841 per gram on 10th and 11th of January||Rs.3,034 per gram on 1st & 2nd February||Rs.2,974 per gram from 15th to 17th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for January 2017:
- Gold opened the trading for the month of January at Rs.2,893 per gram on January 1st.
- Technical adjustments saw gold prices slip to Rs.2,888 per gram between January 3rd and January 5th.
- A weakened US Dollar saw gold prices rise to Rs.2,937 per gram between January 7th and January 8th to close the first week of trading.
- Gold opened the second week of trading at a stable Rs.2,937 per gram on January 9th.
- A stronger US Dollar saw gold prices drop to Rs.2,841 per gram between January 10th and January 11th.
- Prevailing low prices resulted in technical buying from investors, allowing gold to recover to Rs.2,990 per gram between January 12th and January 15th to close the second week of trading.
- Technical corrections saw gold open the third week of trading at Rs.3,023 per gram on January 16th.
- A marginal increase in domestic demand saw gold prices climb to Rs.3,034 per gram between January 17th and January 20th.
- Technical corrections saw gold prices drop by Rs.10 to Rs.3,024 per gram between January 21st and January 22nd to close the third week of trading.
- An uncertain environment surrounding the US monetary policy saw gold open the fourth week of trading at Rs.3,060 per gram on January 23rd.
- A strengthened US Dollar saw a drop in gold prices to Rs.3,029 per gram between January 26th and January 29th.
- Technical trading saw gold prices drop further to Rs.3,017 between January 30th and January 31st to close the trading for the month of January.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for February 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of February at Rs.3,035 per gram on February 1st.
- Marginal fluctuations saw gold prices at Rs.3,034 per gram between February 4th and February 5th to close the first week of trading.
- Gold opened the second week of trading at Rs.3,044 per gram on February 6th.
- Weak US economic data saw gold prices rise to Rs.3,075 between February 7th and February 9th.
- A drop in domestic demand for gold saw the price of the precious metal slip to Rs.3,048 per gram on February 12th to close the second week of trading.
- Gold opened the third week of trading at Rs.3,044 per gram between February 13th and February 15th.
- Increase in domestic demand saw gold prices climb to Rs.3,070 per gram between February 17th and February 19th.
- Gold opened the fourth week of trading at a stable Rs.3,070 per gram between February 20th and February 24th.
- Safe-haven investing on account of uncertain US economic data saw gold prices rise to Rs.3,101 per gram between February 25th and February 27th.
- Technical corrections saw gold close trading for the month of February at Rs.3,095 per gram on February 28th.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for March 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of March at Rs.3,080 per gram on March 1st.
- A drop in domestic demand saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,056 per gram between March 3rd and March 5th to close the first week of trading.
- Gold opened the second week of trading at a stable Rs.3,056 per gram between March 6th and March 7th.
- Technical corrections saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,044 between March 9th and March 10th.
- Marginal drop in demand for gold saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,023 per gram between March 11th and March 12th.
- Gold opened the third week of trading at a stable Rs.3,023 per gram between March 13th and March 14th.
- A strong US Dollar and dip in global demand for gold saw gold prices plummet to Rs.2,974 per gram between March 15th and March 17th.
- Prevailing low prices saw technical buying from investors, allowing gold to recover to Rs.3,023 between March 18th and March 19th to close the third week of trading.
- Minor technical corrections saw gold open the fourth week of trading at Rs.3,028 per gram on March 20th.
- The failure of a new healthcare bill proposed by President Donald Trump saw Gold climb to Rs.3,060 per gram on March 22nd.
- Technical corrections on account of prevailing prices saw gold trade at Rs.3,050 per gram between March 23rd and March 26th to close the trading for the fourth week.
- Gold opened the final week of trading at Rs.3,065 per gram on March 27th.
- A drop in domestic demand saw gold prices slip to Rs.3,049 per gram on March 30th.
- Technical corrections on account of prevailing prices saw gold close trading for the month of March at Rs.3,029 per gram on March 31st.
|1st day||Rs.3,304 per gram||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,304 per gram on 1st October||Rs.3,252 per gram from 3rd-6th November||Rs.2,963 per gram on 1st & 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,157 per gram from 7th-13th October||Rs.3,003 per gram on 27th November||Rs.2,800 per gram from 23rd-28th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Jodhpur in October 2016
- Gold prices for the month of October declined overall as demand began to drop towards the end of the month.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,304 per gram on 1st October but fell to Rs.3,273 per gram on 2nd October due to a drop in industrial demand.
- Prices fluctuated due to market conditions but the trend veered towards a decline in demand.
- The U.S. Dollar performed well on news of a Fed rate hike, which also led to markets recovering, resulting in a drop in demand for gold.
- Prices rose marginally towards the middle of the month as retail demand picked up, though overseas trends continued to point to a decline in demand.
- Gold ended the month trading at Rs.3,199 per gram, registering a loss of 3.17%.
Gold Rate Trend for Jodhpur in November 2016
- Gold prices spiked in the first week of November due to increased demand wing to market instability, but prices dipped for the rest of the month as demand dropped.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,199 per gram on 1st November and rose to Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd November as market indices fell as the U.S. elections drew near.
- The surprise victory of Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential election and the announcement of the demonetisation of Rs.1,000 and Rs.500 notes led to chaos on the bourses, increasing demand for gold.
- Prices dropped as markets stabilised, with industrial demand falling due to reduced demand from Asian markets.
- The cash shortage led to a drop in retail demand in India, which led to reduced demand from jewellers during the peak season.
- Gold prices continued to drop during the month, trading at Rs.3,012 per gram on 30th November, recording an overall loss of 5.81%.
Gold Rate Trend for Jodhpur in December 2016
- Prices were low for the month of December due to decreased demand from industry and lower than expected demand from the local retail market.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,963 per gram on 1st December as markets continued to rally on positive consumer data.
- The festive season led to increased consumer spending, which boosted markets and led to a drop in demand for safe haven assets like gold.
- Prices fell to a low of Rs.2,800 per gram on 23rd December as both industrial and retail markets saw a reduction in demand.
- Gold recovered as the month ended, trading at Rs.2,893 per gram on 31st December to record a loss of 2.36%.
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 7th and 8th July||Rs.3,287 per gram from 23rd-26th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th-30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,207 per gram on 15th July||Rs.3,236 per gram from 8th-14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
|Change||+0.62% increase||-0.06% decrease||+1.81% increase|
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for July 2016
- The first week of July saw the price of gold stay more or less stable at Rs.3,224 per gram.
- The second week saw gold prices increase on the back of strong demand domestically and a weaker market.
- Prices fell slightly as the markets recovered and demand for bullion fell internationally.
- Stagnant demand led to prices remaining constant for the next week at Rs.3,218 per gram.
- A steady increase in the price due to demand from jewellers domestically led to gold trading at Rs.3,244 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for August 2016
- Prices in August were stable as the week began, trading at Rs.3,247 per gram with small gains seen.
- The second week saw prices appreciate slightly as market uncertainty and a fluctuating Dollar drove bullion demand.
- Prices began to slip as the third week began due to strong data from emerging markets but prices recovered towards the end of the week.
- Gold prices rose to their monthly high of Rs.3,290 per gram on the back of fears of a slowdown in Asian markets, leading to demand for gold rising.
- After the initial surge, prices dropped sharply, closing at Rs.3,245 per gram for an overall decrease in price.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,245 per gram with marginal increases in the first week of September, continuing the previous month’s demand trend.
- The second week saw a sharp increase, with gold trading at Rs.3,291 per gram as demand increased due to the upcoming festive season.
- Prices were stable with slight dips due to fluctuating demand from jewellers and weak international cues.
- Stagnant demand led to prices stabilising at Rs.3,277 per gram before picking up to close at Rs.3,304 per gram.
|1st day||Rs. 2,988 per gram||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs. 2,991 per gram||Rs.3,209 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,147 per gram on 29th and 30th of April||Rs. 3,169 per gram on 2nd and 3rd of May||Rs.3,212 per gram on 25th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,957 per gram on 4th April||Rs. 2,991 per gram on the 30th and 31st of May||Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June|
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in April 2016
- In April, gold traded at Rs. 2,988 and remained unchanged till April 3rd.
- The rates then declined on April 4th Rs. 2,957, the lowest for the month.
- Gold prices continued to rise through the month of April but did see a few minor falls.
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in May 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,147 per gram at the start of the month.
- Initially, there was a trend of inclination but that soon changed to a downward trend.
- The month of May ended at Rs. 2,991, which was the lowest price recorded for the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in June 2016
- Post Brexit polls, economic uncertainty throughout the world resulted in a sudden increase in the price of gold.
- Investors rushed to purchase this precious metal as a result of Brexit.
- There was a steady increase noted in the price of gold with few fluctuations seen throughout the month.
- The highest rate at which gold traded at was Rs. 3,209 per gram on the 25th of June.
- A rise of was seen in the price of gold at the end of the month with the lowest price of gold being Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,605 per gram||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 2,988 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,788 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 3,067 per gram on February 27th to 29th||Rs. 3,090 per gram on March 2nd to 19th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,605 per gram from January 1st to 3rd||Rs. 2,956 per gram on February 17thst||Rs. 2,991 per gram on March 20th to 22nd|
|Change||+ 0.03%||+ 10.28%||- 2.57%|
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,605 at the start of January 2016.
- Prices were seen rising and falling every few days through the month.
- A slight incline was witnessed on Jan 30th with gold rates at Rs. 2,781.
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in February 2016
- Gold prices started at Rs. 2,781 for February. Prices steadily inclined till 14th February.
- Rates dropped again and 17th February was the lowest rate for the month at Rs. 2,956.
- On February 27th, prices rose to Rs. 3,067 and stayed steady going into March.
Gold Rate Trend of Jodhpur in March 2016
- Gold rates at the start of the month were at Rs. 3,067 per gram and it climbed to Rs. 3,090.
- For most of the month, the rates were constant but started falling on 20th.
- Prices started rising again to Rs. 2,988 on 26th of March and stayed steady all the way to the end of March.
Gold investment in Jodhpur
Indians do not always buy gold as an investment. The yellow metal transcends the boundaries of monetary profits because of the socio-cultural and religious significance attached to it. Gold is auspicious to Indians for weddings and other personal occasions, as well as during festivals and religious ceremonies. The amount of gold a family owns signifies its wealth as well as social status. The savings of a family are stored in gold. But this does not mean that gold is never purchased as an investment. Indians pledge their jewellery whenever the need arises, and some even sell them. Let us look at the main investment options exercised in Jodhpur:
Physical gold: Gold jewellery and gift articles sold in large showrooms and small outlets form the bulk of gold sales in Jodhpur. Keen buyers will purchase gold when the rates are low. However, during the wedding season, price is no bar for gold shopping. Gold bullions and coins are also bought and sold as an investment avenue. Banks and other financial institutions offer high-purity gold coins and bars. But sometimes buyers prefer local gold shops for this as the prices would be lower, though the purity might not be guaranteed.
Market trade: Trade of paper and virtual gold is not very popular in Jodhpur. Those who like to experiment go for Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), e-gold, Sovereign Gold Bonds, and other similar schemes. The Gold Monetisation Scheme introduced a year ago by the Central Government has not yet picked up pace. An ETF is the safest option as it provides healthy returns and can be traded easily on the stock exchange. Investors and speculators interested in a safe haven can go for gold futures contracts. E-Gold can be traded on the National Spot Exchange and buyers can either physically own their purchase or reinvest it.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Jodhpur
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Rajasthan