*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Jodhpur is a historical city popular among tourists. It is the second-largest in Rajasthan, with a population of more than 1 million. The city is lined with palaces and forts built by the various kings who ruled the land. Jodhpur was founded by Rao Jodha, a Rajput Rathore king who established the kingdom of Marwar in the region.
The popular tourist spots in Jodhpur include: the Mehrangarh Fort, the Jaswant Thada, and the Umaid Bhawan Palace. Several colourful fairs surrounding religious festivals are held in Jodhpur that attract large domestic and foreign tourists. The primary economic activities in Jodhpur are handicrafts, furniture and sporting goods manufacture and textile industry. Gypsum and salt are the key minerals products mined in the Jodhpur region.
Today's Gold price in Jodhpur
There are only 3 gold fields in India & Hutti and Uti in Karnataka, and Hirabuddini mines in Jharkand. Therefore, much of the gold used in India is imported. Because of this, gold prices follow the international trends. Prices also shoot up during the wedding season because of high demand and limited supply.
Most of the gold bought over the counter in India is in the form of 24-karat gold coins/bars (this is mainly for investment purposes), and jewellery made of 22-karat, 20-karat, 18-karat or 14-karat gold. Of these, 22-karat is the most popular and its prices can be easily tracked. Pure gold is not strong enough to be moulded into ornaments and hence is mixed with silver, copper or nickel.
24-karat gold price - 24-karat gold is the purest form of gold, with a purity of 99.99%. If you wish to buy 10 gram of 24-karat gold in Jodhpur, you will have to pay Rs. 29,690 as on March 11, 2016. This is Rs. 180 higher than the price of gold a week ago. Compared to the price of Rs. 30,374 in the national capital of Delhi, this is Rs. 684 lower.
22-karat gold price - Jewellery is usually made with 22-karat gold, with a purity of 91.6%. The rates of 22-karat gold are lower than that of 24-karat gold because of the decreased purity. If you want to buy 22-karat gold in Jodhpur, you have to shell out Rs. 27,750 for 10 grams (as on March 11). Prices have increased only slightly around Rs. 200 over the last 7 days. In Delhi, he price is Rs. 28,400, lower by Rs. 650.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur from July 2022 to September 2022
|1st Day||Rs.5,128 per gram||Rs.5,044 per gram||Rs.4,983 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,065 per gram||Rs.5,052 per gram||Rs.4,983 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,160 per gram on 5 July||Rs.5,144 per gram on 14 August and 15 August||Rs.5,010 per gram on 6 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,965 per gram on 18 July||Rs.5,023 per gram on 23 August||Rs.4,889 per gram on 27 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Jodhpur from July 2022 to September 2022
- On 1 July 2022, the price of gold in Jodhpur was Rs.5,182 per gram. Gold rates fell by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,065 for a gram. Gold prices declined by -1.24% over the course of the month in Jodhpur.
- In Jodhpur, gold prices were standing at the rate of Rs.5,044 per gram on 1 August 2022. Gold rates in the city recorded the lowest price for the month on 23 August when a gram of gold was being traded for Rs.5,023. Gold reached its highest price of Rs.5,144 per gram on 14 August and 15 August. The overall performance of the yellow metal witnessed an inclining trend, wherein the percentage change stood at 0.15%.
- In September, the price of gold was Rs.4,983 per gram on the first day of the month. Gold prices in Jodhpur recorded the lowest price for the month on 27 September when a gram was being traded for Rs.4,889. Gold reached its highest price point of Rs.5,010 per gram on 6 September.
Gold Rate Trend in Jodhpur from April 2022 to June 2022
|1st Day||Rs.5,128 per gram||Rs.5,202 per gram||Rs.5,097 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,202 per gram||Rs.5,149 per gram||Rs.5,007 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,312 per gram on 18 April and 19 April||Rs.5,202 per gram on 1 May||Rs.5,196 per gram on 13 June|
|Lowest Price||Rs.5,097 per gram on 4 April, 5 April, and 6 April||Rs.4,950 per gram on 18 May||Rs.5,007 per gram on 30 June|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Jodhpur from April 2022 to June 2022
- Gold opened in Jodhpur at the rate of Rs.5,128 per gram for the month of April. Gold rates increased by the end of the month and closed at Rs.5,202 for a gram. Gold prices jumped by 1.44% over the course of the month in Jodhpur.
- For the month of May, gold price opened at the rate of Rs.5,202 per gram. Gold prices in Jodhpur recorded the lowest for the month on 18 May when a gram of the 24-karat gold was being traded for Rs.4,950. Gold reached its highest price point of Rs.5,202 per gram on 1 May. The overall performance of the yellow metal witnessed a declining trend wherein the percentage change stood at -1.01%.
- Gold prices stood at the rate of Rs.5,097 per gram on 1 June. Gold prices in Jodhpur recorded the lowest for the month on 30 June when a gram of the 24-karat gold was being traded for Rs.5,007. Gold reached its highest price point of Rs.5,196 per gram on 13 June. The overall performance of the yellow metal witnessed a declining trend wherein the percentage change stood at -1.77%.
Gold investment in Jodhpur
Indians do not always buy gold as an investment. The yellow metal transcends the boundaries of monetary profits because of the socio-cultural and religious significance attached to it. Gold is auspicious to Indians for weddings and other personal occasions, as well as during festivals and religious ceremonies. The amount of gold a family owns signifies its wealth as well as social status. The savings of a family are stored in gold. But this does not mean that gold is never purchased as an investment. Indians pledge their jewellery whenever the need arises, and some even sell them. Let us look at the main investment options exercised in Jodhpur:
Physical gold - Gold jewellery and gift articles sold in large showrooms and small outlets form the bulk of gold sales in Jodhpur. Keen buyers will purchase gold when the rates are low. However, during the wedding season, price is no bar for gold shopping. Gold bullions and coins are also bought and sold as an investment avenue. Banks and other financial institutions offer high-purity gold coins and bars. But sometimes buyers prefer local gold shops for this as the prices would be lower, though the purity might not be guaranteed.
Market trade - Trade of paper and virtual gold is not very popular in Jodhpur. Those who like to experiment go for Gold Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), e-gold, Sovereign Gold Bonds, and other similar schemes. The Gold Monetisation Scheme introduced a year ago by the Central Government has not yet picked up pace. An ETF is the safest option as it provides healthy returns and can be traded easily on the stock exchange. Investors and speculators interested in a safe haven can go for gold futures contracts. E-Gold can be traded on the National Spot Exchange and buyers can either physically own their purchase or reinvest it.
FAQs on Gold Rate in Jodhpur
- Which gold is best to invest in Jodhpur?
If you are looking forward to long term investment in Bhubaneshwar then 24 karat gold is the best option. If you are looking forward to making jewellery, then investing in 22 karat or 18 karat gold would be a better option.
- What is the significance of gold in Indian weddings in Jodhpur?
As gold is considered as the symbol of Goddess Lakshmi and signifies fortune, prosperity and wealth, it features prominently in Indian marriages.
- What precautions should be taken while purchasing gold jewellery in Jodhpur?
While purchasing gold jewellery in Jodhpur, you need to make sure to check for purity, negotiate making charges, and cross check the price of the yellow metal. You must know that the price varies based on the purity of gold.
- How can I avoid paying tax on my gold purchase?
To avoid paying tax, you can claim a tax exemption on long-term capital gains from the sale of gold assets under Section 54F of the IT Act, 1961.
- Is KYC mandatory while buying gold?
As part of India’s commitment to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF), cash transactions above Rs 10 lakh to purchase gold will be required to complete his/her Know Your Customer (KYC). PAN card and Aadhaar card are valid documents for the mandatory KYC.
- Why is 24 karat gold not used for making jewellery in Jodhpur?
The 24-karat gold is of the highest purity and is very soft. This softness allows the yellow metal to be easily drawn into wires and beaten into sheets. Because of this exceptional softness, it is difficult for a jeweller to craft intricate jewellery pieces with 24 karat gold.
- Is it safe to invest in digital gold?
Digital gold is a convenient way of buying 24 carat gold backed by physical gold that is insured and stored in vaults that are monitored by a trusteeship company to safeguard customer interest.
Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Jodhpur
Read More on Gold
- Global Demand For Gold Driven By Indian Wedding Traditions
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- Gold Rates to Fall in Coming Quarters of 2022 in India
- How to Know if Your Gold Jewellery Hallmark is Fake or Genuine
- Pros and Cons of Buying Gold in Dubai
- Gold storage limit in India
- How to redeem Sovereign Gold Bonds
- Which Country is the Largest Exporter of Gold to India?
- GST on Gold
- Gold And Devaluation
- Gold Price Valuation In India
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- How Gold Rate Fluctuation Affects Indian Economy
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- How Does Gold Investment Affect Indian Economy?
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Why Gold Prices Are Up
- Companies that Purchase Your Old Gold for Cash
- Gold Stocks
- Futures Trading
- Spot Gold
- Difference Between Spot And Futures Gold Rate
- Gold Stocks
- Gold Futures
- Trading Gold Mcx
- Mcx Trading Tips
- How Gold Markets Run in India
- Tips on Investing in Gold ETFs
- Top 10 Gold ETFs in India
- What are Gold Exchange Traded Funds?
- How Much Gold Can You Carry with You from Dubai to India?