Makar Sankranti is the Festival of the Sun God and is considered as a very auspicious day usually celebrated on the 14th of January every year. It is based off Zodiac constellations and the name can be derived in 2 parts based on the movement. Sankranti is marked with the movement of the sun. Sankranti takes place when the sun moves into Capricorn and once entered it is called Makara.
Meaning of Makar Sankranti
The term Makar Sankranti marks the beginning of the new era and is celebrated across India albeit some states have different names for the same festival. It marks the onset of the new harvest season and is celebrated with the purchase of new items of clothing and more so with the purchase of jewellery. Jewellery in India, especially gold has always been auspicious and gold has always been considered auspicious and as a sign of prosperity. Gold is deeply entwined in the religious and cultural roots of India and has a special place during religious celebrations and wedding ceremonies.
Buying Gold on the Auspicious Event of Makar Sankranti
Buying gold on the auspicious event of Makar Sankranti is considered to bring happiness and prosperity for the remainder of the year and many stores offer attractive discounts on jewellery that attract many buyers. These discounts start well in advance of the auspicious day and last a while even after Makar Sankranti has passed, the purchase of gold and gold jewellery sees a seasonal spike during this period.
Gold has always been a precious metal and rightly so. Not only does it provide a form of investment, it is seen as a sign of wealth and prosperity. It comes as no surprise that when people buy gold, they take into account various aspects and prefer buying gold from physical stores and not online outlets. Physical stores also have the added advantage of being able to thoroughly select a design and check purity and caratage which is a deciding factor in buying gold as it sets the resale value. Gold from physical stores also provide the added bonus of security. Outlets provide a certificate of purity and often provide best rates when buying back the same pieces of jewellery.
The latest online stores catering exclusively for jewellery have been increasing in popularity solely because of the convenience, attractive rates and variety of designs. Online stores are growing in popularity for those items of jewellery that are not expensive. Trinkets, bracelets and earrings are the most popular items sold on these sites because of their relatively lower costs. In the end, it all boils down to the personal preference of the buyer and what they are comfortable with and whether they would want to buy gold which acts as a form of savings such as coins or jewellery to wear.
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2019
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2018
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2017
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Buying Gold This Akshaya Tritiya
- Buying Gold On Onam
- Buying Gold This Dhanteras
- Celebrating Diwali With Gold
- Buying Gold On Makar Sankranti
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2015
- Ugadi – A Great Time To Buy Gold
- Gold And Devaluation
- Gold Price Valuation In India
- Reasons Why Gold Rates Fell Since February
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- How Gold Rate Fluctuation Affects Indian Economy
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- How Does Gold Investment Affect Indian Economy?
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?
- Tax on Gold 2016
- Is Buying Gold a Good Investment in 2016
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Why Gold Prices Are Up