*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate In Raipur
Raipur, the capital of the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh, is a historic city which has been an intrinsic part of Indian history through the ages. The city has a large population of over a million residents and is among the top consumers of gold in the state. Gold rate in Raipur is a good benchmark for analysing the gold rates in Chhattisgarh. The city has a number of jewellers and dealers catering to the rising demand for gold.
Gold is primarily consumed in the form of jewelleries and ornaments in Raipur. The city has a good demand for physical gold preferred by both the urban and rural populace. Gold demand is there in the city and gold rates are affected by these demands.
Trend of Gold Rate in Raipur for December 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st December 2017||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st December 2017||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest Rate in December||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest Rate in December||Rs.2,906 per gram on 13 December|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
Trend of Gold Rate in Raipur for November 2017 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold rate on 1st November 2017||Rs.2,974 per gram|
|Gold rate on 30th November 2017||Rs.2,996 per gram|
|Highest Rate in November||Rs.3,030 per gram 18 to 20 November|
|Lowest Rate in November||Rs.2,974 per gram on 1 and 6 November|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
November 2017 - Week 1 (1st to 5th)
- When trading commenced in Raipur the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,974 per gram on the 1st of November.
- The 2nd saw gold rate in Raipur rising to Rs.2,987 per gram on account of an increased local buying by jewellers, industries and retailers.
- However, poor global cues coupled with reduced domestic demand for the metal led to gold prices declining significantly during the week.
- Gold price in Raipur plunged to Rs.2,983 per gram on the 3rd before plummeting further to Rs.2,977 on the 4th as global commodity markets took a hit with the dollar rising against other major currencies and firmer equities market.
- The week concluded with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 5th.
November 2017 - Week 2 (6th to 12th)
- The week began with gold priced lower at Rs.2,974 per gram on the 6th with the US economy stabilising from the previous week.
- However, the 7th saw gold price in Raipur rising to Rs.2,977 per gram with the dollar losing its ground against other emerging currencies.
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,005 per gram on the 8th and the 9th after a positive trend overseas led to an increased domestic demand for the precious metal.
- The 10th saw gold rate in Raipur surging further to Rs.3,015 per gram following an increase in orders from the Asian market amid the possibilities of a two-day monetary policy meeting by the Federal Reserve in the coming months.
- Strong global trends coupled with steady demand from local jewellers, industries and retailers led to gold holding steady at Rs.3,015 per gram for the remainder of the week.
November 2017 - Week 3 (13th to 19th)
- The third week opened with the yellow metal trading at Rs.3,007 per gram on the 13th as demand for the metal subsided in the domestic markets.
- However, the rising political uncertainty in the Middle East coupled with the geopolitical tensions between Saudi Arabia and Iran led to an increase in demand for safe-haven assets like gold during the week.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,012 per gram on the 14th before it surged further to Rs.3,018 per gram on the 15th amid the positive overseas trends.
- Gold rate in Raipur remained unchanged at Rs.3,018 per gram the following day, but plunged to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 17th after the US economy regained its lost ground with positive US treasury yields.
- The 18th, however, witnessed the bullion trade surging with an increased global demand for the safe-haven metal with the geopolitical crisis in the Middle East taking centre-stage. This led to gold rates rising to Rs.3,030 per gram.
- Strong trends overseas coupled with steady global as well as domestic demand led to gold holding steady at Rs.3,030 per gram on the 19th when the week ended.
November 2017 - Week 4 (20th to 26th)
- The week commenced with gold trading firm at Rs.3,030 per gram on the 20th with steady demand for the metal from the previous week.
- However, with equities market stabilising and the US dollar gaining against a basket of other major currencies gold price in Raipur dropped to Rs.3,004 per gram on the 21st.
- Poor international trends coupled with reduced demand led to prices plunging further tp Rs.2,996 per gram on the 22nd.
- An increase in demand for the precious metal from local industries and jewellers led to gold price in Raipur recovering to Rs.3,015 per gram for the next couple of days.
- But with the buoyant dollar and the well performing equities, gold rates dropped again to Rs.3,004 per gram on the 25th.
- The week concluded with the yellow metal trading at Rs.3,004 per gram on the 26th.
November 2017 - Week 5 (27th to 30th)
- Though the last week began with gold priced well at Rs.3,013 per gram on the 27th, rates declined during the course of the week owing to the new US tax reform plan put up by the Trump government.
- Gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,009 per gram on the 28th against a strong dollar and firmer equities.
- Though gold price in Raipur surged to Rs.3,011 per gram on the 29th, rates plummeted to Rs.2,996 per gram on the 30th after the dollar strengthened amid Republican tax reform bill brought about to overhaul the country’s tax system.
- The week concluded with Raipur registering a profit of 0.73% in gold trade during the course of the month.
|Parameters||Gold Price (per gram for 24K gold)|
|Gold Rate on 1st October 2017||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st October 2017||Rs.2,996 per gram|
|Highest Rate in October 2017||Rs.3,059 per gram from 14 to 15 October|
|Lowest Rate in October 2017||Rs.2,996 per gram on 31 October|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
October 2017 - Week 1 (1st to 8th)
- The week began with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,040 per gram.
- With investors speculating over the possibility of a Fed rate hike in December, the US dollar seemed to regain its lost sheen. This led to gold rate in Raipur plunging to Rs.3,010 per gram on the 3rd.
- Thanks to an incline in domestic buying prices rebounded to Rs.3,012 per gram on the 4th. However, gold lost its shine amid strong equities market and a firmer dollar. This led to gold price in Raipur plunging to Rs.3,000 per gram on the 5th.
- Gold rate in Raipur dropped further to Rs.2,997 per gram after domestic demand took a hit amid the strengthening dollar on the 6th of October.
- When the week concluded, the yellow metal was trading relatively higher at Rs.3,017 per gram on the 6th following the government's official announcement to mandate the KYC (know your customer) norms in the industry.
October 2017 - Week 2 (9th to 15th)
- Strong global cues and the imminent arrival of Diwali during the week led to gold rate in Raipur surging during the week.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,027 per gram when the week commenced on the 9th.
- Positive buyer sentiments following the introduction of KYC norms led to an increase in domestic demand for the metal. This led to rates surging to Rs.3,042 per gram on the12th.
- However, global demand was cut down with the release of an optimistic US economic data. This led to gold price in Raipur plunging to Rs.3,031 per gram on the 13th.
- Gold rates further to Rs.3,059 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th due to the positive trends overseas that pushed demand higher for the yellow metal.
- Steady domestic buying by local jewellers, industries and retailers led to the precious metal trading firm at Rs.3,059 per gram on the 15th.
October 2017 - Week 3 (16th to 22nd)
- Gold rates initially declined before stabilising halfway into the week amid strong global trends and steady demand from investors and industries alike.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,042 per gram when trading commenced for the week.
- Strong dollar index coupled with firm equity markets led to gold rate in Raipur plummeting to Rs.3,034 per gram and Rs.3,023 per gram on the 17th and the 18th respectively.
- Thanks to the imminent arrival of the festive season, local demand picked up with strong festive purchases from local jewellers, industries and retailers. This led to gold price in Raipur surging to Rs.3,026 per gram on the 20th.
- Steady domestic demand amid strong global and local trends led to gold rate in Raipur remaining untouched at Rs.3,026 per gram for the remainder of the week.
October 2017 - Week 4 & Week 5 (23rd to 31st)
- Gold trade in Raipur declined significantly during the final week on account of a strengthening dollar coupled with poor domestic demand amid weak global cues.
- The final week began with the yellow metal priced at Rs.3,009 per gram on the 23rd.
- Demand remained low for much of the week with investors refraining from making purchase amid the possibility of an interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve in the next couple of months.
- This led to gold rate in Raipur plunging to Rs.3,001 per gram and Rs.3,997 per gram on the 26th and the 27th respectively.
- Demand, however, picked up towards the end of the week with the dollar losing its ground amid the US-North Korean geopolitical crisis. This led to gold rate in Raipur recovering to Rs.3,006 per gram on the 28th and the 29th.
- But with markets cautious ahead of the monetary policy meetings to be held by three major central banks, demand for the metal declined and the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,996 per gram on the last day.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold rate on 1st September||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Gold rate on 30th September||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest Rate in September||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest Rate in September||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
September 2017 - Week 1 (1st-10th)
- The first week in Raipur witnessed gold rates increasing gradually with slight fluctuations during the week.
- Gold was trading at Rs.2,995 per gram on the 1st, when the week began.
- The yellow metal prices rose marginally to Rs.2,997 per gram on the 2nd with a slight increase in demand. Steady demand led to prices remaining unchanged the next day as well.
- News about North Korea’s latest nuclear tests broke out, and safe-haven investments saw a rise.
- The 4th witnessed gold rates in Raipur surge to Rs.3,073 per gram - an increase of Rs.76 from the previous day’s prices.
- With safe-haven investments on a rise after North Korean nuclear tests, prices rose to Rs.3,084 per gram on the 5th which further to RS.3,088 per gram on the 6th.
- Demand for the metal reduced and prices dropped to Rs.3,071 per gram on the 7th.
- However, prices surged to Rs.3,100 per gram on the 8th - the highest recorded monthly figure in Raipur. This was due to North Korea’s confirmation of successful nuclear tests on a more powerful weapon.
- Gold rates dropped to Rs.3,095 per gram on the 9th and 10th with the US dollar recovering.
September 2017 - Week 2 (11th-17th)
- Gold opened the week at Rs.3,074 per gram on the 11th.
- The incline in dollar value pushed global markets high, and prices dropped to Rs.3,051 per gram on the 12th as demand for the precious metal reduced.
- The US dollar collapsed as Hurricane Irma took its toll on the US economy. Domestic demand for the metal rose and prices rose to Rs.3,064 per gram on the 13th.
- However, poor global demand resulted in prices dropping to Rs.3,050 per gram on the 14th.
- Steady local demand for the yellow metal led to prices remaining steady at Rs.3,050 per gram for the remainder of the week.
September 2017 - Week 3 (18th-24th)
- The yellow metal was trading at Rs,3,041 per gram on the 18th before dropping to Rs.3,023 per gram on the 19th as demand for the metal reduced significantly.
- Gold rates in Raipur surged to Rs.3,045 per gram on the 20th as the festive season increased demand for the metal in retail outlets.
- With the US dollar value rising, gold prices went down to Rs.3,018 per gram on the 21st. However, the pre-festival sales pushed prices up to Rs.3,042 per gram on the next day.
- Steady demand for this precious metal resulted in gold rates in Raipur remaining unchanged at Rs.3,042 per gram on the 23rd and 24th.
September 2017 – Week 4 (25-30):
- Gold opened on a low note with the metal being priced at Rs.3,020 per gram on the 25th.
- Demand for the precious metal increased with the arrival of the festive season, and prices surged to Rs.3,081 per gram on the 26th.
- The recovery of the US dollar proved to be unfavourable for gold trade and gold rates fell to Rs.3,055 per gram on the 27th.
- Gold prices in Raipur dropped to Rs.3,036 per gram on the 28th, and slid further to Rs.3,028 per gram on the 19th. This was due to strong dollar value and poor trading cues.
- Gold price in in Raipur rose marginally to Rs.3,040 per gram on the 30th as demand for the metal slightly increased in the domestic markets.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st August||Rs.2,931 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 31st August||Rs.2,964 per gram|
|Highest Rate in August||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August|
|Lowest Rate in August||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 7 August|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
August 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 6th)
- When trading commenced for the month of August, gold in Raipur was priced at Rs.2,931 per gram.
- Even though gold started on a relative low, it was still better than its previous week’s performance.
- Prices descended to Rs.2,925 per gram on the 2nd and then to Rs.2,901 per gram as a direct result of local demand falling.
- The 4th, however, saw an uncharacteristic rise in gold prices as there was a conflicted outlook among investors.
- Gold trading remained frail for most of the week with the 5th recording the month’s lowest rate of Rs.2,900 per gram.
- When the week drew to a close, gold prices in Raipur were still holding at Rs.2,900 per gram.
August 2017 - Week 2 (7th - 13th)
- Gold trading for the second week, continued with a significantly weak outlook as investors were wary of purchasing precious metals. This was because they were awaiting any significant policy changes, the ECB and the Federal Reserve would bring into effect.
- The week began with the yellow metal being purchased at Rs.2,900 per gram, which then increased slightly to Rs.2,906 per gram.
- Rates increased to Rs.2,908 per gram on the 9th, thereby avoiding a four-session skid, thanks to a very slight incline in purchases.
- On the 10th, gold prices surged to Rs.2,944 per gram, courtesy of a significant improvement in purchases from investors. The rise was also contributed to by jewellers who sped up their purchases to meet the rising demand for ornaments in local circles.
- The 11th saw gold prices surge again - to Rs.2,975 per gram - for an entirely different reason. The latest provocation by North Korea along its borders, pushed the extent of safe-haven investments.
- Demand remained steady — a little higher, even— as the metal was trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th and remained there till the time of closing on the 13th.
August 2017 - Week 3 (14th - 20th)
- The third week saw demand saturate, leading to gradual but slight decreases over the course of the week.
- On the 14th, when the MCX opened for trading, gold was priced at Rs.2,968 per gram and was unchanged on the 15th due to steady demand.
- However, rates fell to Rs.2,951 per gram on the 16th to fall from 9-month high rates hit the previous week. This fall can be attributed to the rallying of the US dollar against other major currencies of the world.
- Rates fluctuated considerably before stabilising to close at Rs.2,951 per gram when the week ended on the 20th.
August 2017 - Week 4 (21st - 27th)
- Gold prices steadily rose this week because of an increased demand in the local circles, in spite of the US dollar performing better.
- On the 21st, the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,944 per gram, which then gradually rose to Rs.2,958 per gram on the 23rd.
- Prices rose steadily as the North Korea - US conflict saw little signs of easing, as the former threatened global peace with nuclear tests.
- The conflict pushed gold prices up to Rs.2,967 per gram on the 25th. This rate sustained for the remaining two days of the week.
August 2017 - Week 5 (28th - 31st)
- The final week of August in Raipur saw gold prices rise as a result of increased buying from concerned parties.
- On the 28th, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,942 per gram. This rate jumped significantly to Rs.2,980 per gram on the 29th due to increased buying from jewellers and investors.
- Rates fell slightly over the next two days and closed at Rs.2,965 per gram when the month came to an end.
- Increased local demand and seeming unending geopolitical conflict between US and North Korea were key to gold prices rising by 1.14% this month.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|July 1st Rate||Rs.2,950 per gram|
|July 31st Rate||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest Rate in July||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July|
|Lowest Rate in July||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
July ‘17- Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- Demand for gold was on the increase as the week began but prices fluctuated due to market conditions.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July as industrial demand was high.
- Local demand was muted following the imposition of GST, as prices dipped to Rs.2,914 per gram on 4 July.
- Markets rallied on American independence day as the U.S. dollar was on the rise resulting in gold prices plunging to Rs.2,908 per gram on 5 July.
- Gold price in Raipur fell to Rs.2,869 per gram on 8 July as demand from local as well as overseas buyers was poor due to high dollar rates.
- The week ended with gold trading at Rs.2,869 per gram on 9 July.
July ‘17- Week 2 (10th to 16th)
- Gold prices were low for most of the second week as the G20 summit boosted markets across Europe and Asia, leading to a drop in demand for the yellow metal.
- The week opened with gold priced at Rs.2,867 per gram on 10 July but the metal dropped to Rs.2,824 per gram on 11 July as U.S. jobs data was also positive.
- Given prevalent global trends, local demand was muted as jewellers put off purchases, leading to gold plunging to Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July.
- Gold price in Raipur rose to Rs.2,818 per gram on 15 & 16 July as the dollar rate appeared to be on the decline as geopolitical tensions in the U.S. affected its trading.
July ‘17- Week 3 (17th to 23th)
- Gold rates were on the rise as markets were unstable due to internal political instability in the United States, with gold trading at Rs.2,822 per gram on 17 July.
- Local demand began to improve as retail consumers and jewellers alike increased purchases leading to gold prices rising to Rs.2,869 per gram on 20 July.
- The dollar rate fluctuated as investors reduced trade in the currency, resulting in higher demand from overseas consumers, especially China.
- Gold reached Rs.2,917 per gram on 22 July and ended the week at the same price due to stable demand.
July ‘17- Week 4 (24th to 31st)
- The last week of July saw the price of gold rise for most of the week, with the precious metal opening the week at Rs.2,916 per gram on 24 July.
- Demand dropped to Rs.2,899 per gram on 26 July as the dollar rate rebounded as the possibility of a Fed rate hike circulated.
- Local demand and increased industrial demand boosted gold prices as the metal traded at Rs.2,920 per gram on 27 July.
- Prices fluctuated for the remainder of the week, with gold priced at Rs.2,926 per gram on 29 & 30 July.
- The price dropped to Rs.2,920 per gram on 31 July as gold lost 1.01% of its value over the course of the month due to erratic demand.
|Parameters||Gold price (24 karat)|
|June 1 Rate||Rs.2,985 per gram|
|June 30 Rate||Rs.2,967 per gram|
|Highest Rate in June||Rs.2,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest Rate in June||Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 & 20 June|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Decline|
June ‘17- Week 1 (1st to 4th)
- Gold prices for Raipur fluctuated in the first week of June but ended on a high due to increased demand from the industrial sector.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,985 per gram on 1 June before falling sharply to Rs.2,964 per gram on 2 June.
- Local demand helped boost prices as jewellers and retailers increased orders in anticipation of higher rates after the implementation of GST.
- Gold price in Raipur rose to Rs.2,998 per gram on 3 June and the price remained unchanged as the week ended on 4 June.
June ‘17- Week 2 (5th to 11th)
- Market fluctuations as well as internal tensions led to a dip in the U.S. dollar rate and a plunge in the stock markets, which led to an increase in gold demand.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.3,012 per gram on 5 June on the back of strong demand from investors as well as industry as currency markets were unstable.
- Prices rose to their monthly high of Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June as local demand also rose due to positive cues from overseas.
- As the week progressed, demand dropped slightly as stock markets began to recover from their earlier poor performance, with gold prices falling to Rs.3,017 per gram on 8 June.
- Gold rate in Raipur fell further as the week ended, with gold trading at Rs.2,981 per gram on 11 June due to a sharp drop in demand.
June ‘17- Week 3 (12th to 18th)
- As markets recovered and currency markets stabilised, demand for gold fell further, with the metal trading at Rs.2,975 per gram on 12 June.
- Price of gold in Raipur rose marginally to trade at Rs.2,979 per gram on 14 June but soon fell as positive data from the United States led to a rally by stock markets globally.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,957 per gram on 16 June amidst a slowdown in industrial demand for the metal.
- Prices rose to Rs.2,955 per gram on 18 June but the overall trend was one of a drop in demand.
June ‘17- Week 4 (19th to 25th)
- The downward slide in the price of gold in Raipur continued in the fourth week as the metal traded at Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 June.
- Sharp cuts in orders led to prices falling to their lowest rate of Rs.2,940 per gram on 19 June, though demand from local jewellers led to prices rising as the week progressed.
- Asian demand for gold also helped raise prices, as gold traded at Rs.2,958 per gram on 23 June.
- Stable and consistent demand from jewellers as well as a rise in demand from retailers led to gold ending the week trading at Rs.2,964 per gram on 25 June.
June ‘17- Week 5 (26th to 30th)
- With the imposition of GST not far off, demand for gold increased as markets were apprehensive of the switch to the new system.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,977 per gram on 26 June but fell to Rs.2,940 per gram on 27 June due to a rally by the U.S. dollar which led to a lowering of demand overseas.
- The unstable Indian stock market led to investors rushing to invest in bullion, which raised gold’s valuation to Rs.2,967 per gram on 28 June.
- Apart from a minor fluctuation, prices were stable as the month ended, with gold trading at Rs.2,967 per gram on 30 June, though prices fell by 0.60% over the course of the month.
|May 1st Rate||Rs.2,984 per gram|
|May 31st Rate||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Highest Rate in May||Rs.2,984 per gram on the 1st of May|
|Lowest Rate in May||Rs.2,890 per gram on the 12th of May|
May ’17 – Week 1 (1st – 7th)
- Gold opened the markets in Raipur by trading at Rs.2,984 per gram on the first day of the month of May. However, this rate was not sustained and the rate of gold reduced the next day to trade at Rs.2,955 per gram.
- However, the price of gold was near a three-week low following diminishing demand for sale-haven bullion as Asian equities rallied. At the same time, the U.S. dollar gained as compared to the yen resulting in a fall in the rate of gold.
- Gold rate reduced on the 4th of trade at Rs.2,922 per gram prior to decreasing even more on the 5th of May to trade at Rs.2,910 per gram.
- On the last two days of the first week, this metal traded at Rs.2,899 per gram in Raipur.
May ’17 – Week 2 (8th – 14th)
- A number of variations were noted in the rate of gold during the second week of May in Raipur due to fluctuations in demand.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,903 per gram on the first two days of the week.
- As the week progressed, the price of this metal continued to fluctuate due to various geopolitical factors as well as decline in demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,899 per gram on the 10th and 11th of the month. The euro strengthened after Emmanuel Macron, a pro-EU candidate won the French presidential election.
- A slight recovery was noted in the rate of this metal with gold trading at Rs.2,890 per gram on the 12th of May and increased even further on the 13th of May to be priced at Rs.2,891 per gram. This rate was noted on the last day of the week as well.
May ’17- Week 3 (15th – 21st)
- Gold opened the third week of May by trading at Rs.2,890 per gram and increased the next day to trade at Rs.2,894 per gram.
- Further rise was noted in gold rate as slightly weaker dollar increased the demand for gold with this metal trading at Rs.2,910 per gram on the 17th of May.
- As the demand for gold rose, the rate increased as well with this metal trading at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 18th of the month in Raipur. There was a marginal decline was noted in the rate of gold thereafter.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 20th and 21st of May due to sustained demand for this metal from domestic markets.
May ’17 – Week 4 (22nd – 28th)
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,947 per gram on the 22nd of the month and increased marginally the next day to trade at Rs.2,979 per gram.
- As Asian stocks gained, gold rate reduced marginally. In addition to this, the Manchester blast did not have a significant impact on the rate of this metal.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,963 per gram on the 24th and 25th of May due to steady demand for this metal.
- The U.S. Federal Reserve’s meeting hint at a chance of an interest rate hike which resulted in gold trading quite steadily.
- Gold continued to trade at Rs.2,979 per gram on the 28th.
May ’17 – Week 5 (29th – 31st)
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 29th of May but increased marginally on the 30th to trade at Rs.2,984 per gram.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,963 per gram on the 31st, recording a decline of 0.70% in the rate of gold.
|April 1st Rate||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|April 30th Rate||Rs.2,984 per gram|
|Highest Rate in April||Rs.3,035 per gram on 22nd and 23rd of April|
|Lowest Rate in April||Rs.2,954 per gram from the 8th to the 10th of April|
April ‘17 - Week 1 (1st to 9th)
- As a result of the dovish tone employed by the U.S. Federal Reserve regarding interest rate and sluggish economic data from the U.S., gold traded at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of April.
- On the 3rd of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,962 per gram and increased marginally thereafter.
- On account of higher demand for this precious metal, gold was priced at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 4th of April. There was a rise in the price of gold the next day as well with this metal trading at Rs.2,983 per gram.
- However, as the week progressed, due to fluctuating demand, gold traded at Rs.2,954 per gram on the last two days of the first week of April in Raipur.
April ‘17 - Week 2 (10th to 16th)
- Due to changes in the demand for this metal, there were a number of variations noted in the rate of this yellow metal as well.
- Gold continued to trade at Rs.2,954 per gram on the first day of the week. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month of April in Raipur.
- However, due to various geopolitical issues, the safe-haven demand for gold increased resulting in a gradual increase in the rate of gold.
- On the 11th of April, gold was priced at Rs.2,968 per gram before shooting up to trade at Rs.3,010 per gram on the 12th of March. This was due to a rise in the demand for this metal.
- Gold rate increased by Rs.4 on the 13th to trade at Rs.3,014 per gram.
- As the week progressed, due to a rise in the demand for this metal, the rate of gold increased as well.
- On the last two days of the week, gold was priced at Rs.3,040 per gram in Raipur.
April ’17- Week 3 (17th to 23rd)
- On the 17th of April in Raipur, gold was priced at Rs.3,034 per gram. Due to a fall in the demand for this precious metal, gold rate fell to trade at Rs.3,021 per gram.
- Rate of gold plunged again on the 18th to trade at Rs.3,021 per gram before marginally recovering the next day to trade at Rs.3,031 per gram.
- On the 20th and 21st of April, gold was priced at Rs.3,020 per gram due to steady but low demand for this precious metal.
- Due to a marginal rise in the demand for this metal from jewellers, gold rate increased to Rs.3,035 per gram. This rate was also noted on the last day of the week. This was also the highest rate at which gold was priced at for the month.
- Towards the end of the week, a rise was noted in the value of the rupee making it advantageous for individuals to purchase more gold.
April ’17- Weeks 4 (24th to 30th)
- On the 24th of April, gold was priced at Rs.3,012 per gram which was lower than the price seen the previous week.
- However, the rate of gold plunged to Rs.2,998 per gram which was due to a fall in the demand, The price of gold reduced even further the next day.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,974 per gram on the 27th of April and reduced on the 28th of the month to trade at Rs.2,970 per gram.
- Emmanuel Macron, a centrist candidate won the first round of the Presidential elections in France, thus boosting the prices of stocks.
- On the last two days of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,984 per gram due to a recovery in the demand for this metal, registering a rise of 0.94% in the price of gold.
|March 1st Rate||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|March 31st Rate||Rs.2,940 per gram|
|Highest Rate in March||Rs.2,994 per gram on 2nd March|
|Lowest Rate in March||Rs.2,900 per gram on 15th March|
March 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 5th):
- Gold rates in Raipur saw some ups and downs over the first week of March.
- When trading began on 1st, gold was priced at Rs.2,990 per gram, which then rose to Rs.2,994 per gram on 2nd - the highest gold rate for the entire month.
- Prices seemed to go down from then on as demand too went down.
- On 3rd, gold prices decreased by Rs.21 to hit Rs.2,973 per gram but went down slightly by Re.1 to Rs.2,972 per gram on 4th.
- Rates remained unchanged when the week ended on 5th as bullion was still trading at Rs.2,972 per gram.
March 2017 - Week 2 (6th - 12th):
- On 6th, gold prices had slumped down even more from the previous week as it was trading at Rs.2,970 per gram.
- The 7th saw gold prices drop by Rs.21 to hit Rs.2,949 per gram as demand took a massive slump amidst strengthening US dollar.
- However, prices picked up just as they fell on 8th to hit Rs.2,970 per gram.
- The optimism of stabilisation was short lived as prices slumped again on 9th to hit Rs.2,951 per gram - a decrease of Rs.19 per gram.
- Rates went down again on 10th to reach Rs.2,933 per gram as domestic demand saw saw hints of picking up.
- On 11th, prices gained slightly to end the day at Rs.2,945 per gram and maintained the same rate till the closing hours of the week on 12th.
March 2017 - Week 3 (13th-19th):
- Rates had picked up when trading started on 13th for the metal to trade at Rs.2,949 per gram, but decreased on 14th to reach Rs.2,933 per gram.
- On 15th, gold prices took a massive hit as they went down by Rs.33 to Rs.2,900 per gram, which happened to be the lowest rate of gold for the month of March.
- Bullion prices seemed to get back up from that slump as trading improved.
- On 16th, gold was priced at Rs.2,928 per gram, which then went up to Rs.2,935 per gram on 17th.
- Gold prices increased on 18th to reach Rs.2,940 per gram but remained unchanged on the last day of March week 3.
March 2017 - Week 4 (20th - 26th):
- The fourth and penultimate week of March witnessed some significant fluctuations in Raipur.
- On 20th, when the week began, gold was trading at Rs.2,947 per gram but fell by Rs.16 to Rs.2,931 due to a lack of demand.
- Uncertainty over the world market pushed gold prices by Rs.40 on 22nd, bringing gold prices up to Rs.2,971 per gram.
- On 23rd, prices went up by just Re.1 to hit Rs.2,972 per gram but went down over the next few days to end the week at Rs.2,967 per gram.
March 2017 - Week 5 (27th - 31st):
- Gold prices witnessed ups and downs over the last week of March over to various global events that maintained the market’s volatility.
- On 27th, gold was selling at Rs.2,977 per gram but decreased to Rs.2,971 per gram on 28th.
- Though, gold prices didn’t change on 29th, they went down by Rs.11 to Rs.2,960 per gram on 30th.
- On the last day of March, gold prices had gone down by Rs.20 more to bring rates down to Rs.2,940 per gram.
- In Raipur, gold price trends decline by 1.67% for the month of March.
|February 1st Rate||Rs.2,965 per gram|
|February 28th Rate||Rs.3,003 per gram|
|Highest Rate in February||Rs.3,014 per gram from 25th and 26th February|
|Lowest Rate in February||Rs.2,944 per gram on 4th and 5th February|
February 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 4th):
- The first week of February saw gold prices fluctuate over all four days.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,965 per gram but went down to Rs.2,954 per gram on 2nd.
- The 3rd saw prices go down marginally by Rs.1 for the precious metal to trade at Rs.2,954 per gram.
- Prices went down considerably on 4th to hit Rs.2,944 per gram as demand began to decrease.
- Rates on 4th was the lowest price of gold for the entire month.
February 2017 - Week 2 (5th - 11th):
- When business started on 5th, gold was still trading at Rs.2,944 per gram but increased by Rs.11 to trade at Rs.2,955 per gram.
- The 7th saw prices go up significantly to trade at Rs.2,980 per gram - an increase of Rs.25 per gram.
- Prices went down marginally to Rs.2,979 per gram on 8th but increased to Rs.2,982 per gram on 9th.
- On 10th, prices took a massive hit of Rs.36 for the metal to trade at Rs.2,946 per gram as US Federal Reserve increased the interest rate.
- At the end of the week on 11th, however, prices rallied considerably to close at Rs.,2,964 per gram.
February 2017 - Week 3 (12th - 18th):
- When week 3 began, gold was still trading at Rs.2,964 per gram but went down to Rs.2,959 per gram on 13th.
- Prices kept falling over the next few days, owing to a strengthening dollar and decreased gold sales.
- On 14th, gold prices went further down to Rs.2,953 per gram and went down again on 15th to Rs.2,947 per gram.
- After the slump over the previous few days, gold rates climbed back up to end 16th at Rs.2,975 per gram.
- Prices went up again on 18th for the metal to trade at Rs.2,988 per gram.
- As the end of the week approached, gold prices fell slightly to close at Rs.2,980 per gram.
February 2017 - Week 4 & 5 (19th-28th):
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,980 per gram when week 4 began on 19th but went down over the next few days due to a fall in demand.
- Prices went from Rs.2,976 per gram on 20th to Rs.2,973 per gram on 21st and remained the same on the 22nd as well.
- On 23rd, rates went up marginally by Rs.3 for the metal to trade at Rs.2,976 per gram.
- The 24th saw prices go up further more by Rs.19 to bring prices up to Rs.2,995 per gram and then to Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th.
- When February ended gold was seen trading at a marginally lower price of Rs.3,003 per gram.
|January 1st Rate||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|January 31st Rate||Rs.2,954 per gram|
|Highest Rate in January||Rs.2,978 per gram per gram on 23rd January|
|Lowest Rate in January||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January|
January 2017 - Week 1 (1st - 7th)
- In January, gold investment rose to it highest level compared to the previous 4 years.
- When trading began on 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,821 per gram and rose by Rs.3 to trade at Rs.2,824 per gram on 2nd.
- Prices rose again on 3rd by Rs.12 per gram to bring gold prices up to Rs.2,836 per gram.
- Gold rates kept rising till the end of the week as it went from Rs.2,846 per gram on 4th to Rs.2,872 per gram on 7th.
- Over the course of week 1, gold prices rose by Rs.51 per gram - a massive improvement compared to December of 2016.
January 2017 - Week 2 (8th - 14th)
- Gold traded at Rs.2,872 per gram when week 2 began on 8th and increased by Rs.4 to bring prices up to Rs.2,876 per gram on 9th.
- Prices went up again on 10th, this time by Rs.16 for gold to trade at Rs.2,892 per gram and went up again by Rs.17 to hit Rs.2,909 per gram.
- On 12th, gold was trading at Rs.2,925 per gram but slipped by Rs.3 on 13th to trade at Rs.2,922 per gram.
- After the small slip up, prices got back on track to continue on their growth.
- At the end of the week on 14th, gold prices were up by Rs.19 to trade at Rs.2,941 per gram.
January 2017 - Week 3 (15th - 21st)
- The third week of January saw considerable fluctuations as demand for the yellow metal seemed to waver.
- When trading began on 15th, gold was trading at Rs.2,941 per gram before increasing to reach Rs.2,954 per gram on 16th.
- By the end of 18th, gold rates had again gone up to Rs.2,974 per gram but tumbled on 19th to hit Rs.2,959 per gram.
- Prices went down on the 19th as well to bring prices down to Rs.2,951 per gram.
- All the decrease during this week was due to a strengthening dollar, which stabilised once Donald Trump’s travel ban was lifted.
- The last day of week 3 saw gold prices go up slightly to end at Rs.2,962 per gram.
January 2017 - Weeks 4 and 5 (22nd - 31st)
- The last two weeks of January saw gold prices dwindle significantly as demand for the metal wasn’t constant.
- Trading began on 22nd with gold selling at Rs.2,962 per gram and went up to Rs.2,978 per gram on 23rd.
- It was all downhill for gold prices from 24th till the 27th as rates went from Rs.2,976 per gram to Rs.2,913 per gram - a decrease of Rs.63 in just 4 days.
- Prices, however, picked up over the subsequent days to end the week on a high.
- On 28th, gold was trading at Rs.2,934 per gram which went up to Rs.2,937 per gram on 30th.
- The last day of January saw gold trade at Rs.2,954 per gram.
- Overall, Raipur saw gold price trends go up by 4.71% for the month of January, courtesy of a growing demand on both domestic and international markets.