*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rates in Patna
Patna, in Bihar is a place that is heavily influenced by both the Northern and the Eastern cultures of India. As such, culinary experiences, varied festivals and numerous occasions come bundled with this trait. Patna is known to celebrate every major festival in India in a grand way. Gifting forms a major part of the gold buying, while certain festivities add to the already growing stock of gold with people in Patna. The gold rate in Patna is more or less the same as that around the globe, concerning the bullion rates, prices of coins, bars and jewellery.
Though not a primary mode of investing, gold jewellery and coins occupy a place in the gifting sector in Patna. With Diwali, Dussehra and Holi being predominantly the Eastern and Northern influence for gifting occasions, Teej and Chhath are the festivities central to Patna and are as important from a cultural and spending perspective. Artisans and jewellers from the North and East have made Patna a hub for themselves and thus one can find a hodge podge of variegated designs and work influence in the jewellery stores around Patna. That increases the choices of people wishing to invest in gold. Primarily, well-off families generally tend to do more of the gold investing in the region.
Trend of Gold Rate in Patna for April 2018 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|Parameters||Gold Price(24 karat)|
|Gold Rate on 1st April 2018||Rs.3,159 per gram|
|Gold Rate on 30th April 2018||Rs.3,231 per gram|
|Highest Rate in April||Rs.3,243 per gram from 20 to 23 April|
|Lowest Rate in April||Rs.3,159 per gram from 1 and 2 April|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline|
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,090 per gram
Rs.3,146 per gram
Rs.3,143 per gram
Rs.3,127 per gram
Rs.3,163 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,172 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,191 per gram on 18 & 19 February
Rs.3,198 per gram on 25 & 26 March
Rs.3,088 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,105 per gram from 10-13 February
Rs.3,117 per gram on 20 March
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for January 2018:
- Gold opened at Rs.3,090 per gram when trading commenced for the first month of Q1 2018.
- The US dollar was weak during the first few days of the month, which caused gold rate in Patna to surge to Rs.3,103 per gram by the 4th.
- However, the announcement of US jobs data caused gold rates to plummet to Rs.3,088 per gram - the month’s lowest rates - on the 5th of January.
- After the jobs data turned out to be weak, gold bounced back to trade at Rs.3,107 per gram on the 6th.
- Gold fluctuated largely over the first three week before seeing significant surges towards the fourth and fifth week of the month.
- On the 25th, gold traded at Rs.3,172 per gram - the month’s highest rate - as dollar went through a torrid phase and gold investors capitalised on that.
- When the month came to an end, gold was priced at Rs.3,127 per gram and a 1.19% incline was recorded over this month’s trading.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for February 2018:
- The metal opened at Rs.3,146 per gram when the second month of Q1 2018 began. Gold price in Patna were on the incline this month as well, thanks to steady local demand and a poorly performing dollar.
- Gold rates fluctuated largely for much of the month before recording the month’s lowest rate between the 10th to the 13th of the month when it traded at Rs.3,103 per gram.
- During the Valentine’s day - which also happened to be the wedding season- gold prices surged. This was due to increased buying from retailers.
- As demand kept improving during the 3rd week, gold rates went up to a monthly high figure of Rs.3,191 per gram on the 18th and the 19th of this month.
- However, as demand subsided, gold rates declined to close at Rs.3,163 per gram on the final day of the month.
- Gold rate in Patna saw a 0.53% incline this month, thanks to steady local demand brought about by the wedding season.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for March 2018:
- Gold price in Patna had dropped by Rs.20 when trading for the month of March began.
- On the 1st, gold was priced at Rs.3,143 per gram - as opposed to Rs.3,163 per gram at the time of previous month’s closing.
- Rates fluctuated quite a bit this month for the first three weeks before a rising dollar pushed rates down to Rs.3,117 per gram on the 20th - the lowest for the month.
- However, the resurgence of the dollar decline halted and gold rate in Patna went down to a monthly high rate of Rs.3,198 per gram over the 25th and the 26th.
- Gold consolidated over the final five days of March and close at Rs.3,159 per gram when the quarter came to an end.
- Price trends saw a 0.50% incline this month, thanks to a rise seen towards the final few days of March 2018.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,109 per gram||Rs.3,071 per gram||Rs.3,074 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,091 per gram||Rs.3,085 per gram||Rs.3,098 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,138 per gram from 12 to 17 October||Rs.3,123 per gram on 20, 25th and 26th November||Rs.3,098 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,079 per gram from 27 to 29 October||Rs.3,035 per gram 18 November||Rs.3,001 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for October 2017:
- Gold opened at Rs.3,109 per gram when the final quarter of 2017 began.
- Gold trade this month was affected by poor local demands and a strong US market. Even some of the key festivals failed to spur investor sentiments.
- Gold price in Patna dropped to Rs.3,086 per gram by the 6th due to a considerable drop in demand but surged back to Rs.3,113 per gram after a poor US dollar showing.
- The yellow metal’s rates hit their highest rate of Rs.3,138 per gram on the 12th and continued at this rate till the 18th of the month.
- Towards the final few days of the month, gold rates in Patna seemed to decline before picking up over the 30th and the 31st.
- When the month came to an end, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,091 per gram.
- Price trends dropped by 0.57% this month due to poor global cues and weak local demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for November 2017:
- When trading started for November, gold opened at Rs.3,071 per gram.
- There were price fluctuations for most part of the month but a steady local demand kept gold rates from witnessing any major changes.
- However, as the US dollar improved against other currencies, gold rate in Patna fell and hit Rs.3,035 per gram on the 18th - the lowest rate for the month.
- From this period on, gold price in Patna fluctuated quite a bit before closing at Rs.3,085 per gram on the last day of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for December 2017:
- Gold trading in December began on a positive note, dropped considerably as the month progressed and improved again towards the end of the month.
- On the 1st of December, the precious metal was priced at Rs.3,074 per gram. Rates went up during the initial few days as the equity market in the US went through a rough patch, which pushed gold rates up.
- In Patna, the metal traded at Rs.3,088 per gram from the 2nd to the 4th of the month.
- Gold hit its lowest of the month of Rs.3,001 per gram on the 12th as the dollar bounced back amid a strong market.
- But, various concerns regarding the Trump administration recurred, which led to a weakening of the stock exchanges.
- Gold recovered from the fall to end the month on a high - trading at Rs.3,098 per gram - which was also the highest gold rate for the month.
- Price trends saw a 0.78% change this month, thanks to strong global cues and increased trading in the local market.
Find Today's Gold Price in Top Metro Cities
|Today's Gold Price in Mumbai||Today's Gold Price in Chennai||Today's Gold Price in Bangalore|
|Today's Gold Price in Delhi||Today's Gold Price in Kolkata||Today's Gold Price in Hyderabad|
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,005 per gram||Rs.3,041 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,001 per gram||Rs.3,041 per gram||Rs.3,109 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,044 per gram on 3 July||Rs.3,072 per gram on 17 August||Rs.3,185 per gram from 8-11 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,903 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,971 per gram on 7 August||Rs.3,041 per gram on 1 & 2 September|
Gold rate trend in Patna for July 2017
- Gold opened trading at Rs.3,011 per gram, when the month began in Patna.
- Local demand surged on the 3rd despite poor global trends, and the yellow metal was trading as high as Rs.3,044 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure.
- But, prices declined significantly over the next few days as domestic demand plunged with the introduction of GST bill in the country. This led to gold rate in Patna dropping to Rs.2,903 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th.
- Gold rate in Patna fluctuated as the month progressed, owing to the rising geopolitical tensions in the Korean peninsula and the United States.
- When trading concluded for the month, the precious metal was trading at Rs.3,001 per gram on the 31st.
- Patna registered a loss of 0.33% in the bullion trade due to global, as well, as domestic factors.
Gold rate trend in Patna for August 2017
- When trading commenced for the month, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,005 per gram on the 1st.
- Gold price in Patna dropped to Rs.2,975 per gram on the 5th as world markets rallied with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike.
- However, demand surged with the US-North Korean relations deteriorating. This led to gold rates surging to Rs.3,034 per gram on the 11th.
- Gold price in Patna rose further with the US-North Korean conflicts intensifying over the next few days, pushing demand for safe-haven assets like gold higher. This led to prices rising to Rs.3,072 per gram on the 17th.
- Despite the positive global trends, local demand declined uncharacteristically towards the end of the month, resulting in the bullion rates plunging to Rs.3,015 per gram on the 29th.
- The month ended with the precious metal prices rebounding to Rs.3,041 per gram, with steady demand in the global, as well as, domestic markets.
Gold rate trend in Patna for September 2017
- The yellow metal was trading at Rs.3,041 per gram, when the bullion trade commenced in Patna.
- Global surged significantly after North Korea announced an official statement on its most powerful nuclear weapon to date. This led to investors gravitating towards safe-haven investments like gold, pushing prices higher to Rs.3,185 per gram on the 8th.
- With the US economy recovering and equities markets holding firm, global demand declined gradually over the next few days, and the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,111 per gram on the 23rd.
- Despite the imminent arrival of Dussehra, local gold trade remained on the low. This led to gold rates in Patna dropping to Rs.3,105 per gram on the 26th.
- The month concluded with the bullion trading at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 30th.
- Patna witnessed gold rates inclining at 2.23% during the course of the month, thanks to increased international demand coupled with strong global cues.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram||Rs.3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,021 per gram||Rs.3,021 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,096 per gram on 17, 22 & 23 April||Rs.3,034 per gram on 30 May||Rs.3,080 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1-3 April||Rs.2,937 per gram on 11 May||Rs.2,994 per gram on 19 & 20 June|
Gold rate trend in Patna for April 2017
- The price of gold in Patna was on the increase in the month of April due to favourable market conditions as well as high demand from consumers.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,011 per gram on 1 April on before rising to Rs.3,034 per gram on 4 April due to a drop in the U.S dollar, which spurred interest in the metal.
- Prices fluctuated due to vagaries in demand as the U.S. dollar continued to fall, with stock markets also weak due to geopolitical tensions in the United States.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,065 per gram from 13-16 April as demand stabilised in the light of renewed market uncertainty.
- Increased buying from Asia kept prices high as gold was priced at Rs.3,095 per gram on 19 April before demand dropped sharply.
- Reduced offtake from overseas markets led to the metal falling to Rs.3,045 per gram on 25 April before prices plunged to Rs.3,021 per gram form 28-30 April due to lowered demand.
Gold rate trend in Patna for May 2017
- Gold prices were on the decline as May began due to reduced offtake from overseas consumers as markets were stable and currencies were also on the rise.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,021 per gram on 1 May but prices dipped to Rs.2,943 per gram on 8 May, with markets buoyed by the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election.
- Prices remained low as local demand was also muted before increased demand from jewellers pushed prices to Rs.3,003 per gram on 18 May.
- Demand fluctuated as markets were unsteady due to geopolitical tensions in the U.S. as well as a sliding dollar rate, as gold traded at Rs.3,029 per gram on 23 May.
- Prices fell as the month progressed, with gold trading at Rs.3,026 per gram on 29 May before closing the month at Rs.3,015 per gram on 31 May.
Gold rate trend in Patna for June 2017
- Gold prices fluctuated at the start of June as the dollar continued to perform poorly, as the yellow metal traded at Rs.3,030 per gram on 1 June on strong industrial demand.
- Prices dipped to Rs.3,011 per gram on 2 June before recovering to trade at Rs.3,080 per gram on 7 June due to conflicting cues from the markets.
- As the dollar made gains after weeks of poor performance, demand for gold fell and the metal traded at Rs.3,012 per gram from 15-18 June.
- In spite of higher demand from local jewellers before the onset of GST, gold prices continued to fall, trading at Rs.2,994 per gram on 19 & 20 June.
- Prices rose marginally as the week progressed, trading at Rs.2,999 per gram on 21 June following increased demand from Asia.
- Gold rose to Rs.3,001 per gram as the month ended on 30 June but recorded an overall decline in price by 0.62%.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,843 per gram||Rs.2,989 per gram||Rs.3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,989 per gram||Rs.3,008 per gram||Rs.2,987 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,014 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,010 on 21st and 22nd February||Rs.3,030 per gram n 1st and 27th March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,838 per gram on 2nd January||Rs.2,977 on 2nd February||Rs.2,945 on 15th March|
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for January 2017:
- Bihar’s capital Patna saw one of the highest increases in gold prices for the month of January.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,843 per gram but went down to Rs.2,838 per gram on 2nd due to a brief fall in demand.
- Rates seen on the 2nd seemed to be an anomaly as bullion trading picked up to not fall till the end of the month.
- By the end of 9th, gold prices in Patna had gone up to Rs.2,885 per gram and kept increasing as they went to Rs.2,910 per gram on 10th and then to Rs.2,926 per gram on 11th.
- All the positive growth in bullion prices could be attributed to the availability of more cash in the system, which had become a hassle over the last quarter of 2016.
- Gold rates showed no signs of letting off as they had gone up to Rs.2,977 per gram by 20th and then to Rs.3,010 per gram on 23rd.
- Despite some fluctuations over the last week, gold prices ended strongly at Rs.2,989 per gram on 31st.
- The month saw gold prices incline at the rate of 5.02% owing to a massive upsurge in demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for February 2017:
- Despite being on the positive side, gold prices in Patna took a massive hit during the month of February.
- On 1st February, gold was trading at Rs.2,989 per gram, which fell to Rs.2,980 per gram due to a fall in domestic demand.
- While rates seemed to increase in almost every other city, Patna saw its fortunes turned as bullion market was crashing.
- After trading at Rs.2,980 per gram till the 12th, gold prices went up to Rs.2,991 per gram on 13th and continued at the same price till the 19th.
- On 20th, prices increased to Rs.3,010 per gram - which also happened to be the highest gold rate for the entire month.
- By the end of the month, gold prices had fallen slightly to end at Rs.3,008 per gram.
- Price trends changed by 0.63% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Patna for March 2017:
- Like all the other cities in the country, gold prices took a hit in the month of March.
- The fall in gold prices was due to the US Federal Reserve increasing its interest rate, which subsequently increased the dollar value.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.3,030 per gram but as demand went down, gold prices went down to Rs.2,997 per gram by the 9th
- Bullion rates kept falling as they went from Rs.2,980 per gram on 10th to Rs.2,978 per gram on 20th as fluctuations increased.
- Prices seemed to pick up and fall over the last ten days as demand fluctuated considerably.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,987 per gram, marking a negative price trend of -1.41%.
|1st day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.2,884 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.2,926 per gram||Rs.2,843 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,244 per gram from 1st-11th October||Rs.3,190 per gram on 3rd & 4th November||Rs.2,963 per gram on 1st & 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,100 per gram on 18th October||Rs.2,919 per gram on 27th November||Rs.2,749 per gram from 24th-26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Patna in October 2016
- Gold prices in Patna remained stable when October began but began to fall then the 2nd half of the month approached due to a fall in demand.
- Gold was seen trading at Rs.3,244 per gram on 1st, as the arrival of the festive season was imminent.
- The end of the month saw a decrease in demand as the retail sector went through a blip.
- October ended with gold trading at Rs.3,130 per gram, thereby bringing in a change of -3.51% with regard to price trends.
Gold Rate Trend for Patna in November 2016
- Gold prices went through a massive wave of decrease as major policy decisions were taken in India while some big events took place around the world.
- The beginning of the month saw prices soar as uncertainty rose due to Donald Trump winning the US Presidential election.
- On 1st, gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram which later increased to Rs.3,190 per gram on 3rd November.
- Prices further saw fluctuations as the Narendra Modi-led government announced the demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 currencies in India, leading to a boost in demand.
- However, prices tended to fall due to a decrease in industrial demand slowed as markets stabilised after the upheaval of the first two weeks. Lack of cash also played a major part in the falling demand for gold.
- When the end of November struck, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,926 per gram.
- Overall, Patna, like many of its neighbouring cities, saw gold price trends change by a massive -6.51% during the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend for Patna in December 2016
- When December began, demand for gold remained lower than expected as cash shortage still lingered in the economy.
- On 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,884 per gram but prices seemed to fluctuate significantly as demand too remained low.
- The weeks approaching Christmas also saw a decline in gold demand as there was massive sales while brought about a stabilization in the market.
- On 24th, gold prices fell to a quarterly low of Rs.2,749 per gram as there was a major decrease in the retail sector.
- At the end of the month, gold prices rose marginally as a fear of economic slowdown in in Asia took charge, leading to an increase in investor sentiments.
- At the end of the month gold traded at Rs.2,843 per gram.
- All in all, the last month of Q4 saw gold prices fluctuate by -1.42% compared to November.
|1st day||Rs.3,252 per gram||Rs.3,271 per gram||Rs.3,218 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,292 per gram||Rs.3,237 per gram||Rs.3,244 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,305 per gram on 7th July||Rs.3,287 per gram from 5th to 7th August||Rs.3,244 per gram from 7th September to 30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,218 per gram from 27th July to 29th July||Rs.3,232 per gram on the 9th of August||Rs.3,200 per gram on 5th and 6th September|
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,252 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose consistently until the 4th of the month, after which fluctuations were in order.
- Marginal increases were written off by subsequent gains as the month progressed.
- Although prices fluctuated for large parts of the month, there were days on which stability was achieved.
- The highest recorded rate in the month of July was recorded on the 7th when prices hit Rs.3,305 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,392 per gram, and the overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was just 1.23%.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,271, and prices increased consistently for the next two days.
- A marginal decline on the 4th was followed by an increase which led to the highest recorded rate in August at Rs.3,287 per gram.
- Fluctuations ensued until the 12th of August, after which prices became stable at Rs.3,248 from the 13th to the 17th.
- Stability was also achieved between the 18th and 28th at Rs.3,277.
- Prices then fell to Rs.3,237 on the 29th and remained stable until the end of the month to record an overall decline of 1.4%.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,218 per gram on 1st September and prices remained the same on the 2nd as well.
- Prices increased to Rs.3,239 on the 3rd and remained stable on the 4th.
- Rates then fell to Rs.3,200 and remained constant on the 6th. It was the lowest recorded rate in the month.
- On the 7th of September, prices rose to Rs.3,244 and remained unchanged until the month.
- The overall increase in rates between the start and end of September was just under 1%.
|1st Day||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram on June 1st|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs. 3,003 per gram||Rs.3,221 per gram on 30th of June|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,018 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,157 per gram on May 7||Rs.3,259 per gram from 24th to 26th of June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 3,018 per gram on April 1||Rs. 3,003 per gram on May 31||Rs.2,998 per gram on June 3rd|
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in April 2016
- The month of April was unusual in the sense that there were absolutely no fluctuations in the rate of gold throughout the entire month.
- This can be attributed to steady demand for the precious metal.Gold rates were quite high.
- The rate of gold remained Rs. 3,018 per gram for the entire month.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in May 2016
- Gold rate traded at Rs. 3,018 per gram on the first day of the month.
- As the month progressed, a minor decline of 0.49% was observed.
- The lowest rate of gold in the entire month was on the last day of the month, at Rs. 3,003.
- The decline could be attributed to a jeweller’s strike.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in June 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,015per gram on the 1st of June.
- The price increased as gold Rs.3,191 per gram on the 17th of June.
- Gold scored the highest for the month on 24tth of June at Rs.3,259 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,221 per gram on the 30th of June.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,587 per gram||Rs. 2,769 per gram||Rs. 3,090 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,692 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,692 per gram on January 7.||Rs. 3,092 per gram on February 26||Rs. 3,090 per gram on March 1|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,587 per gram on January 1.||Rs. 2,708 per gram on February 1||Rs. 3,018 per gram on March 31|
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,587 per gram on the first of the month.
- There were very minor fluctuations seen in the rate of gold throughout the entire month.
- A an increase of 4.05% was seen in the rate of gold at the end of the month, closing at Rs. 2,692 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in February 2016
- The rate of gold rose by 10.76% as the month of February progressed.
- The highest rate was seen on the 26th of February, at Rs. 3,092 per gram.
- Gold rates closed at Rs. 3,067 per gram on the 29th of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Patna in March 2016
- Due to expectations of rate hike by the U.S. Fed, there was a decline in the rate of gold as the month of March progressed.
- Gold rate touched its lowest during March on the last day, at Rs. 3,018.
- A decline of 2.33% in the rate of gold was seen.
Details of Gold Price in Patna (22 Karat & 24 Karat) - Till August 2015
The rates of gold in Patna have been more or less stable after the massive decline in March 2015 and another drop in July 2015. The overall rates of gold in Patna have dropped by Rs. 1200 per 10 grams as compared to July 2015.
22 Karat (10 grams) - The lower purity of the precious metal has a rate of Rs. 23,680 for ten grams in August 2015. The price has dropped and risen consistently over the past few days albeit in units ranging from as low as Rs. 40 to as high as Rs. 220. That is still a reasonably stable level of fluctuation. The same can be attributed to the fact that the 22 Karat gold is a relatively impure quality of gold and despite the global trend of falling prices of gold, people are still interested in buying gold for the upcoming line of festivities, Teej being the first in the queue.
24 Karat (10 grams) - The elder and purer sibling of commercially available gold has a current rate of Rs. 25,280, which has shot up by Rs. 190 from just Rs. 25,090 on 7th August, 2015. That was the lowest rate 24 Karat gold has encountered in August 2015 till now. Upcoming festivals and a fast approaching Teej could be the calling card for the recent surge in rates, nevertheless it’s still a lower rate compared to the one in July 2015.
Investing in Gold in Patna
Gold investing in Patna happens primarily through buying jewellery. Though avenues for investing in bullion and stocks are available, the populace leans towards coins and jewellery for any spends or investment concerning gold.
Over-the-counter - Jewellery and coins are the primary modes of gold investment in Patna. Bullion exchange is very minimal and can be done through Kotak Mahindra Bank as well as HDFC Bank branches. The primary jewellery stores in Patna are Tanishq, Alankar, Hira Panna, Jagmohan La Shivratan Lal, Ratnalaya, Khatri & Sons, Nakshatra Universe among others.
Market trade - Through spot contracts, future contracts and exchange-traded funds, people invest in gold on the market. Kotak Securities and SBI Gold Fund are the two options available in Patna to trade in gold. Spot contracts can be bought and delivered very quickly, and are quite volatile in nature. Future contracts are the same, just the delivery is deferred and thus, the risk of volatility is lessened. Gold ETFs are traded on the national and international stock exchanges. They are pivotal in tracking the price of gold.
- Also Check:Gold Rate in Bihar
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Patna
|Gold Rate In Jamshedpur||Gold Rate In Ranchi||Gold Rate In Kolkata|
|Gold Rate In Siliguri||Gold Rate In Varanasi||Gold Rate In Allahabad|
|Also Know: Silver Rate in Patna|
Read more on Gold
- Best Time To Buy Gold 2018
- Buying Gold This Akshaya Tritiya
- Gold Rates Fluctuation
- Lack Of Credibility In India’s Hallmarked Jewelleries
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- What Do The Markings On Gold Mean?