*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
The ancient city of Uttar Pradesh, Allahabad has housed many prominent personalities. From Amitabh Bachchan to Jawaharlal Nehru, Allahabad has been a hub of activity famous for its world-renowned university. As like all parts of eastern UP, Allahabad too shares its culture with cities like Kanpur, Lucknow and Varanasi.
The economy of the city is majorly driven by small businesses and people working in the public sector. Schools and colleges too make up for a huge percentage of employment option. Since, the city is home to most service-sector employees, savings is one of the primary financial features of the city. And savings in the form of gold is one of the most popular financial option chosen by the local people. With the lowering of gold prices globally, Allahabad too was not untouched by the growing demand for the yellow metal.
Rate of Gold in Allahabad
Rate of gold is a huge factor in determining the demand for the precious metal in the city of Allahabad. The demand for the metal peaks irrespective of rate during the season of Diwali as well as during the wedding season. Let us look into the rate of gold for different variants.
- 24 karat gold
24 karat gold, as of 15th March, 2016 traded at Rs.3030 per gram which translates to Rs.30300 per 10 grams. 24 Karat gold is the purest form of gold and as such it is used as an investment tool since the appreciation in its value offers substantial returns. Gold, in its purest forms is also used extensively in the electronic industry where it is used in various components like those of the computer or laptop.
- 22 karat gold
Gold jewelry comes mostly in the form of either 22 karat or 18 karat gold. This is a mixed form of gold so as to make it more malleable and strong to be shaped into different designs. The price of 22 karat gold in Allahabad, as of 15th march 2016 is Rs.2810 per gram which means that 10 gram of 22 karat gold will cost Rs.28100. This is higher than the previous price of the yellow metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Allahabad for April 2016 to June 2016(per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,943 per gram||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs. 2,960 per gram on 30th of May||Rs.3,167 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 1st of May||Rs. 3,120 per gram on 9th of May||Rs.3,182 per gram on 28th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,933 per gram on 5 of May||Rs. 2,960 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,950 per gram on 2nd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in April 2016
- Gold continued to trade at Rs. 2,943 per gram for the first three days of April
- Gold rate fluctuated owing to varied demand in the month of April.
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in May 2016
- Gold rate remained unchanged Rs. 3,119 per gram for the first three days of May.
- Gold witnessed a decline at Rs. 3,048 per gram on 24th of May owing to the expectation of a Fed interest rate hike.
- There was a further decline of Rs. 88 by the end of May as gold stood at Rs. 2,960 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in June 2016
- There was an increase noted in the price of gold as the month progressed.
- Although globally, there was a rise in the price of gold, demand was still noted.
- The highest rate of gold during the month of June in Allahabad was witnessed on the 28th, at Rs.3,182 per gram.
- Due to Brexit, there was an increase noted in the price of gold as investors rushed to buy this precious metal amidst economic uncertainty.
Gold Rate Trend in Allahabad for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,585 per gram||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,037 per gram||Rs. 2.948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,772 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 3049 per gram on 26th of February||Rs. 3,030 per gram from March 1st to 14th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,580 per gram from January 2nd to 4th||Rs. 2,756 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,948 per gram on March 31st|
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in January 2016
- Gold traded at a low rate of Rs. 2,585 per gram on the 1st of January.
- Due to increase in global demand, gold rose to Rs. 2,681 per gram on 7th of January.
- Gold hit the highest rate for January on 27th at Rs. 2,767 per gram and saw a dip again on 31st of January at Rs. 2,756 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in February 2016
- Gold remained unchanged at Rs. 2,756 per gram on the 1st of February.
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,008 per gram during the second week of the month.
- February witnessed a steady rise in Gold prices as it shot up to Rs. 3,049 per gram on 26th of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Allahabad in March 2016
- Gold remained unchanged at Rs. 3,030 per gram for the first two weeks of May
- Gold witnessed a steady downfall in the last two weeks of March and stood at Rs. 2,948 per gram at the end of March.
Gold investment options in Allahabad
Since gold is a popular investment option, gold is available in various forms in the city of Allahabad. Two ways to obtain gold are either as an indirect financial instrument or by buying physical gold in the form of gold jewelry, gold bullions or gold coins.
- Financial Market
Gold-based financial schemes are quite popular with the people of Allahabad. Gold ETFs are an innovative way of leveraging the return-potential of gold as an investment instrument. The current government has also launched a Gold Monetization scheme wherein gold lying at home can be utilized to earn interest.
- Over the counter
Jewelry shops, both local and branded are places where gold is traded the most. Customers usually flock to these outlets to buy gold jewelry and even gold coins and bullions for investment purposes. Weddings and festivals are two seasons when customers visit gold sellers to buy gold.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Allahabad
|Gold Rate In Aligarh||Gold Rate In Noida||Gold Rate In Agra|
|Gold Rate In Bareilly||Gold Rate In Lucknow||Gold Rate In Meerut|
|Gold Rate In Ghaziabad||Gold Rate In Kanpur||Gold Rate In Varanasi|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Uttar Pradesh
Read more on Gold
- Pricing Of Gold Ornaments- How Is It Actually Priced?
- What Do The Markings On Gold Mean
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Why Is Gold Rate Fluctuating
- Tips For Buying Gold Jewellery