*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Kanpur
India is one of the largest consumers of gold in the world. It is, in fact, beaten only by China and that too by not a very huge margin. In a country that consumes so much gold, it is natural that the effects of the change in the rates of gold will be more visible. The prices of gold have been going through a low period since 2015 but they seem to be on the rise now. The year 2016 began with a low price for both 24 and 22 karat gold but it has been recovering. One of the key factors that can effect such fluctuations can be the US dollar itself. Since gold is traded in USD, if the dollar gets strong, the price of gold can fall since the demand will fall owing to the cost of the dollar.
Kanpur is a city in the state of Uttar Pradesh and is considered to be one of the largest cities in that state. The city is an industrial hub and boasts of many textile manufacturing units. Other industrial establishment that also find a home in the city include industries like leather production, plastics, detergents, food processing, etc. Gold jewellery is one of the major productions in the city and it is also quite well known for the typical style of the jewellery that is produced here.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for April 2021 to June 2021 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,527 per gram||Rs.4,761per gram||Rs.5013 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,761 per gram||Rs.4,992 per gram||Rs.4,771 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,043 per gram on 19 April||Rs.5,013 per gram on 26 May||Rs.5,034 per gram on 3 June|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,527 per gram on 1 April||Rs.4,761 per gram on 1 May||Rs.4,771 per gram on 30 June|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from April to June 2021:
- The prices of gold in Kanpur on 1 April 2021 was Rs.4527 per gram and on 30 April 2021 was Rs.4,761 per gram. The gold rates inclined by 5.16% over the course of the month in the city. The lowest price that the yellow metal hit for the month was Rs.4,527 for a gram and the highest price was Rs.5,043 per gram.
- Gold prices in Kanpur started off at the rate of Rs.4,761 per gram. Gold rates in Kanpur started witnessing an inclining trend during the second half of the month and it closed the month at the lowest recorded rate for the month wherein it stood at the rate of Rs.4,761 per gram.
- In June, the rates of the yellow metal had reduced by 4.82%. Gold prices on 30 June were Rs.4,771 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2021 to March 2021 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.5,079 per gram||Rs.4,995 per gram||Rs.4,673 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,988 per gram||Rs.4,647 per gram||Rs.4,744 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,213 per gram on 6 January||Rs.5,008 per gram on 25 February||Rs.4,839 per gram on 19 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,935 per gram on 29 January||Rs.4,647 per gram on 27 February and 28 February||Rs.4,490 per gram on 5 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from January 2021 to March 2021:
- In January, the gold price in Kanpur was at Rs.5,079 per gram on 1 January and increased to its highest on 6 January at Rs.5,213 per gram with a lower U.S. dollar value and investors shifting to safer assets. The price of the metal, however, fluctuated and declined to its lowest on 29 January at Rs.4,935 per gram and closed the month at Rs.4,988 per gram on 31 January.
- Recording an overall decline of 1.79% in January 2021, gold prices extended its losses in February, opening at Rs.4,995 per gram on 1 February and fluctuating yet again in the second and third week of the month. At the end of February, gold prices increased to its highest on 25 February at Rs.5,008 per gram and declined soon after to its lowest at Rs.4,647 per gram on 28 February.
- Gold prices in March recorded an incline during the month, opening at Rs.4,673 per gram on 1 March and declined to Rs.4,940 per gram on 5 March. However, the precious metal’s rate inclined to Rs.4,839 per gram on 19 March and closed the month at Rs.4,744 per gram on 31 March, recording an overall incline of 1.52%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2020 to December 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.5,166 per gram||Rs.5,171 per gram||Rs.4,846 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,171 per gram||Rs.4,890 per gram||Rs.5,074 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,229 per gram on 13 October||Rs.5,215 per gram on 7, 8, and 9 November||Rs.5,130 per gram on 21 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,914 per gram from 18, 19, and 20 October||Rs.4,890 per gram on 28, 29, and 30 November||Rs.4,846 per gram on 1 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from October 2020 to December 2020:
- Gold prices in Kanpur were Rs.5,166 per gram and were at its highest on 13 October at Rs.5,229 per gram. The price of the metal was at its lowest on 18 October at Rs.4,914 per gram and held steady till 20 October. The gold rate hit its highest on 13 October to Rs.5,229 per gram, dipped its lowest at Rs.4,914 per gram on 18 October and closed at Rs.5,171 per gram.
- In November, the price of the metal opened at Rs.5,171 per gram and increased to its highest on 7 November at Rs.5,215 per gram and was steady until 9 November. However, as the risk appetite amongst investors increased, gold prices fell to its lowest of the month on 28 November at Rs.4,890 per gram and closed the month at the same rate with a decline of 5.43%.
- The price of the metal in December opened at Rs.4,846 per gram on 1 December and was at its lowest on the day. However, with positive trends seen in the international market during the month, the metal’s value increased through the month and was at its highest on 21 December at Rs.5,130 per gram. At the end of the month, gold closed at Rs.5,074 per gram on 31 December with a percentage incline of 4.70.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for July 2020 to September 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,946 per gram||Rs.5,481 per gram||Rs.5,287 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,439 per gram||Rs.5,250 per gram||Rs.5,135 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,439 per gram on 31 July||Rs.5,749 per gram on 8 August||Rs.5,297 per gram on 16 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,925 per gram from 7 July||Rs.5,234 per gram on 27 and 28 August||Rs.5,077 per gram on 29 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from July 2020 to September 2020:
- Gold rate in Kanpur opened the month of July at Rs.4,946 per gram on 1 July and showed an inclining trend. The metal’s price was lowest on 7 July at Rs.4,925 per gram and at the end of the month, gold prices hit its monthly high at Rs.5,439 per gram, closing with a percentage incline of 9.96.
- In August, gold prices showed a declining trend as the value of the dollar recovered in the market. Gold rate opened at Rs.5,481 per gram and was at its highest on 8 August at Rs.5,749 per gram. On 27 August, the metal was at its lowest and closed at Rs.5,250 per gram, with a decline of 4.21%.
- Opening at Rs.5,287 per gram on 1 September, gold price in Kanpur fluctuated to a great extent, hitting its highest price at Rs.5,077 per gram on 16 September and was at its lowest on 29 September at Rs.5,077, closing with a decline of 2.87%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for April 2020 to June 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|First Day||Rs.4,253 per gram||Rs.4,699 per gram||Rs.4,799 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,761 per gram||Rs.4,799 per gram||Rs.4,961 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,846 per gram on 29 April 2020||Rs.4,883 per gram on 18 and 19 May 2020||Rs.4,961 per gram on 30 June 2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,253 per gram from 1 April to 20 April 2020||Rs.4,646 per gram on 2 May 2020||Rs.4,725 per gram on 8 June 2020|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from April to June:
- In Kanpur, gold prices recorded the highest incline percentage in the quarter at 11.94% in April, opening at Rs.4,253 per gram and holding steady till 20 April. With trading centres shut, the price of gold didn’t change until the last week, increasing to Rs.4,846 per gram on 29 April and closing at Rs.4,761 per gram on 30 April.
- In May, gold prices in Kanpur showed a marginal inclining trend, opening at Rs.4,699 per gram and dipping to its lowest on 2 May at Rs.4,646 per gram. The metal’s prices increased and hit the highest price of the month on 18 May at Rs.4,883 per gram and closed at Rs.4,799 per gram on 31 May with an incline percentage of 2.12.
- On 1 June, gold rate in Kanpur was Rs.4,799 per gram and dipped to record its monthly low on 8 June at Rs.4,725 per gram. The metal’s value increased further to hit its 8-year high on the last day. On 30 June, gold closed at RS.4,961 per gram, recording an incline of 3.38%.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,995 per gram||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,274 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,368 per gram||Rs.4,253 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,211 per gram on 9 January||Rs.4,394 per gram on 25 and 26 February||Rs.4,536 per gram on 7 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,995 per gram on 1 January||Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February||Rs.4,111 per gram on 20 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from January 2020 to March 2020:
- With an overall percentage incline, gold prices in the city of Kanpur for January opened at Rs.3,995 per gram on 1 January and increased throughout the month. With the ongoing tensions between China and the United States of America with the trade deal and also escalated tensions between the Middle East and the United States of America, investors shifted to the bullion market due to its safe-haven appeal with the dollar value dipping in the market. The price of the metal hit its highest in the second week of the month at Rs.4,211 per gram on 9 January. The lowest price of the precious metal was on the first of the month at Rs.3,995 per gram. By 15 January, gold prices in the city had hit 4,037 per gram. By the last week of the month, the metal’s price had crossed the Rs.4,100 per kg mark and was priced at Rs.4,142 per gram on 26 January. By the end of the month, gold closed January at Rs.4,169 per gram on 31 January and recorded an overall monthly incline of 4.35.
- The month of February turned out to be a beneficial month for the traders invested in the bullion market. Gold prices recorded the highest overall incline in this month opening at Rs.4,169 per gram on 1 February. Gold prices were at its lowest in the first week of the month, at Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February. However, after constantly fluctuating prices of the metal in the second week of the month, the precious metal crossed the Rs.4,200 per gram mark in the third week. The price of the metal was Rs.4,211 per gram on 16 March and increased with investors shifting to the bullion market with the Coronavirus affecting a larger number of people and affecting the economy in a negative way. With this, gold prices were at its highest on 25 February at Rs.4,394 per gram and held steady on 26 February as well. At the end of the month, gold closed at Rs.4,368 per gram on 29 February recording an overall monthly incline of 4.77.
- For the month of March, the precious metal saw an overall decline in its prices opening at Rs.4,274 per gram on 1 March. The price of the metal increased to hit its monthly high at Rs.4,536 per gram on 7 March and saw a fluctuating trend in the second week of the month. With most countries going into lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the trade centres for bullion were shut to promote social distancing. The price of the metal dipped substantially in the third week of the month with a larger number of investors selling off their assets to hoard cash and survive in the struggling economy. With poor job data released from the United States of America, the losses of gold were limited even though trade was stopped completely. The metal hit its lowest price of the month on 20 March at Rs.4,111 per gram and closed the month at Rs.4,253 per gram on 31 March recording an overall percentage decline of 0.49.
Gold as an investment
Since the city is so well known for the gold that comes out of it, it is natural to assume that the people of Kanpur are keen on spending on gold in the form of ornaments and in the form of an investment. The ways that they can do this in are:
Physical gold: Since the jewellery made in Kanpur is so famous, the people always have the option to buy physical gold in the form of ornaments. The city has a lot of shops that sell jewellery made out of gold and offer all sorts of trinkets made out of it.
Buying gold from banks: Banks in Kanpur also offer gold bullion in both 24 karat and 22 karat gold. This can be purchased from most of the banks and with appropriate certificates as to the purity of the gold being sold.
Trading in gold: Trading in gold is another avenue open to the people of Kanpur. This trading can be conducted either by investing in gold directly through gold exchange traded funds or through gold mutual funds that many of the asset management companies offer. These mutual funds even come with CRISIL ratings that can help identify the good funds to invest in.
Gold rates in Kanpur
Since the price of gold in Kanpur follows the same trends as the rest of the country, it too saw a sharp drop in the price in 2015. The demand for gold had also gone down since there was a lot of uncertainty about the prices. Since 2016, gold prices have begun a slow march towards a rise and now stand at Rs. 27,820 for 10 grams of 22 karat gold and Rs. 29,790 for 24 karat. In the beginning of 2016, the price of gold stood at about Rs. 2,655 for 1 gm of 24 karat gold. It has since risen by slightly over 10% to settle at Rs. 3,030 per gram of 24 karat gold. There is still fluctuation expected in the market even as US Federal Reserve rates are set to change once again which, no doubt, will affect the gold rate in Kanpur.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kanpur
|Gold Rate In Varanasi||Gold Rate In Allahabad||Gold Rate In Aligarh|
|Gold Rate In Noida||Gold Rate In Agra||Gold Rate In Bareilly|
|Gold Rate In Lucknow||Gold Rate In Meerut||Gold Rate In Ghaziabad|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Uttar Pradesh
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2021
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- Lack Of Credibility In India's Hallmarked Jewelleries
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?