*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Kanpur
India is one of the largest consumers of gold in the world. It is, in fact, beaten only by China and that too by not a very huge margin. In a country that consumes so much gold, it is natural that the effects of the change in the rates of gold will be more visible. The prices of gold have been going through a low period since 2015 but they seem to be on the rise now. The year 2016 began with a low price for both 24 and 22 karat gold but it has been recovering. One of the key factors that can effect such fluctuations can be the US dollar itself. Since gold is traded in USD, if the dollar gets strong, the price of gold can fall since the demand will fall owing to the cost of the dollar.
Kanpur is a city in the state of Uttar Pradesh and is considered to be one of the largest cities in that state. The city is an industrial hub and boasts of many textile manufacturing units. Other industrial establishment that also find a home in the city include industries like leather production, plastics, detergents, food processing, etc. Gold jewellery is one of the major productions in the city and it is also quite well known for the typical style of the jewellery that is produced here.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,995 per gram||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,274 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,169 per gram||Rs.4,368 per gram||Rs.4,253 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,211 per gram on 9 January||Rs.4,394 per gram on 25 and 26 February||Rs.4,536 per gram on 7 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,995 per gram on 1 January||Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February||Rs.4,111 per gram on 20 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from January 2020 to March 2020:
- With an overall percentage incline, gold prices in the city of Kanpur for January opened at Rs.3,995 per gram on 1 January and increased throughout the month. With the ongoing tensions between China and the United States of America with the trade deal and also escalated tensions between the Middle East and the United States of America, investors shifted to the bullion market due to its safe-haven appeal with the dollar value dipping in the market. The price of the metal hit its highest in the second week of the month at Rs.4,211 per gram on 9 January. The lowest price of the precious metal was on the first of the month at Rs.3,995 per gram. By 15 January, gold prices in the city had hit 4,037 per gram. By the last week of the month, the metal’s price had crossed the Rs.4,100 per kg mark and was priced at Rs.4,142 per gram on 26 January. By the end of the month, gold closed January at Rs.4,169 per gram on 31 January and recorded an overall monthly incline of 4.35.
- The month of February turned out to be a beneficial month for the traders invested in the bullion market. Gold prices recorded the highest overall incline in this month opening at Rs.4,169 per gram on 1 February. Gold prices were at its lowest in the first week of the month, at Rs.4,116 per gram on 7 February. However, after constantly fluctuating prices of the metal in the second week of the month, the precious metal crossed the Rs.4,200 per gram mark in the third week. The price of the metal was Rs.4,211 per gram on 16 March and increased with investors shifting to the bullion market with the Coronavirus affecting a larger number of people and affecting the economy in a negative way. With this, gold prices were at its highest on 25 February at Rs.4,394 per gram and held steady on 26 February as well. At the end of the month, gold closed at Rs.4,368 per gram on 29 February recording an overall monthly incline of 4.77.
- For the month of March, the precious metal saw an overall decline in its prices opening at Rs.4,274 per gram on 1 March. The price of the metal increased to hit its monthly high at Rs.4,536 per gram on 7 March and saw a fluctuating trend in the second week of the month. With most countries going into lockdown to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the trade centres for bullion were shut to promote social distancing. The price of the metal dipped substantially in the third week of the month with a larger number of investors selling off their assets to hoard cash and survive in the struggling economy. With poor job data released from the United States of America, the losses of gold were limited even though trade was stopped completely. The metal hit its lowest price of the month on 20 March at Rs.4,111 per gram and closed the month at Rs.4,253 per gram on 31 March recording an overall percentage decline of 0.49.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,864 per gram||Rs.3,938 per gram||Rs.3,906 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,927 per gram||Rs.3,869 per gram||Rs.3,995 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,953 per gram from 26 October to 29 October||Rs.3,974 per gram on 3 and 4 November||Rs.4,001 per gram on 29 and 30 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,801 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,869 per gram on 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,848 per gram on 14 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Kanpur from October 2019 to December 2019:
- For the month of October 2019, the price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.3,864 per gram in Kanpur. There was an incline of 1.63% in the trend of the precious metal owing to the much-awaited clarifications from the trade talks between Washington and Beijing. The price of the yellow metal came to a close at the rate of Rs.3,927 per gram for the month in Kanpur.
- In the month of November 2019, the price of the precious metal opened at the rate of Rs.3,938 per gram. The price of the yellow metal witnessed a fall of –1.75% during the month following the clarifications of the US-China trade talks. At the end of the month, the rate of the precious metal was standing at the rate of Rs.3,869 per gram.
- For the month of December 2019, the price of gold opened at the rate of Rs.3,906 per gram in Kanpur. The precious metal witnessed a hike of 2.27% in its price following the voting of the US Senate for an impeachment inquiry on the US President. The change in the value of US Dollar was also one of the other factors behind the hike. For the month of December 2019, the price of the yellow metal came to a close at the rate of Rs.3,995 per gram in Kanpur.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,486 per gram||Rs.3,581 per gram||Rs.3,959 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,575 per gram||Rs.3,959 per gram||Rs.3,880 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,612 per gram on 20 July||Rs.3,980 per gram on 28 August||Rs.4,037 per gram on 6 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,444 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,554 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,838 per gram on 20 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for July 2019 to September 2019:
- Gold prices in Kanpur opened at Rs.3,486 per gram in July 2019 and by the end of September, there was an upward trend noticed in the price of gold to Rs.3,880 per gram. Also, towards the end of July 2019, there was a 2% inclination in the gold rates in Kanpur due to the weakening of rupee against the dollar.
- In August 2019, Kanpur witnessed a 10.55% hike in the price of gold when the highest rate of Rs.3,980 was recorded on 28 August. However, towards the beginning of the month, the price of gold was towards the lower side when on 2 August, the metal traded at Rs.3,554 per gram.
- The marginal rise in the prices of gold in Kanpur for the period July to September 2019 is due to the unpredictability of the market fueled by the US-China trade war, rise in the demand of gold in India and the increased purchase of the metal by central banks.
- September was the best month for gold as it was trading at Rs.4,037 per gram on 6 September, the highest in the quarter. However, when compared with the gold price trend of the other months (July and August), there was a decline of 2% in the gold rates in September.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,266 per gram||Rs.3,266 per gram||Rs.3,276 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,271 per gram||Rs.3,276 per gram||Rs.3,486 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,276 per gram on 28-30 April||Rs.3,313 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,502 per gram on 25 - 27 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,245 per gram from 20-22 April||Rs.3,224 per gram on 24 May||Rs.3,276 per gram on 1 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,234 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,402 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,397 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,266 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,397 per gram on 31 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,402 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,234 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,239 per gram on 30 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for January 2019:
- In Kanpur, the rate of gold opened with this lowest price in the month at Rs.3,234 per gram on 1 January as the dollar recovered in the global markets. Due to the shutdown of the United States government, the price of gold continued to increase.
- By 14 January, the prices soared to Rs.3,297 per gram following lack of clarity on Brexit and a weakened U.S. dollar.
- In the third week of the month, gold prices showed an upward trend due to an increase in local demand of the metal as India kicked off its wedding season. On 21 March, the price of the yellow metal was Rs.3,334 per gram.
- Fluctuating markets resulted in the constantly changing prices of gold decreasing to Rs.3,308 per gram on 21 January but increasing to Rs.3,397 per gram on 31 January. Gold prices showed a percentage incline of 5.07.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for February 2019:
- Opening the month of February at Rs.3,392 per gram, gold showed a positive trend until 7 February increasing to Rs.3,402 per gram.
- However, as the U.S. dollar bounced back in the global markets, investors shifted to the market from the bullion resulting in the decrease in the prices. By 15 February, the yellow metal’s price had gone down to Rs.3,371 per gram.
- On 21 February, as the uncertainty of Brexit was still a concern amongst investors, gold hit its monthly high at Rs.3,465 per gram even with a steady U.S. dollar.
- However, the last week of the month had a negative impact on investors depending on the bullion as the U.S. dollar recovered in the global market sinking gold prices yet again. Investors shifted to the stock market, resulting in gold prices closing the month at a low of Rs.3,428 per gram with a percentage incline of 0.87.
Gold Rate Trend in Kannur for March 2019:
- March proved to be a month where the metal showed a continuous downward trend, opening at Rs.3,402 per gram and decreasing to Rs.3,292 per gram by 9 March as the U.S. dollar recovered in the global market.
- The U.S. dollar increased against the Euro as the European Central Bank delayed the interest rate hike in the country. On 15 March, the price of the metal was Rs.3,302 per gram and by 20 March, the price had reduced to 3,260 per gram.
- Ahead of the interest rate hike by the United States Federal Reserve, the rupee fell against the U.S. dollar. In the last week of the month, prices had increased minimally but fell gradually to Rs.3,292 per gram by 27 March.
- Closing the month at Rs.3,266 per gram, the precious metal reported a percentage decline of 3.99.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,255 per gram||Rs.3,108 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,260 per gram||Rs.3,124 per gram||Rs.3,239 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,271 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,266 per gram on 7 November||Rs.3,260 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,124 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,108 per gram from 1 to 3 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2018:
- Gold price in Kanpur was at Rs.3,140 per gram, when trading started for the month of October. This month’s trade was largely on the positive side as demand was high due to the US and China still haggling over trade issues.
- Due to this, the US dollar was weakened, which pushed investors to take advantage of the situation in the global market, and the same demand trickled down to all Indian cities as well.
- Gold was at its highest this month on the 25th when the metal traded at Rs.3,271 per gram before closing at Rs.3,260 per gram on the final day of the month.
- Price trends in Kanpur recorded a 3.82% incline this month as demand was on the positive side, thanks to a shaky market.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for November 2018:
- All of October’s positive sales figures were undone in November as demand tumbled in a swift manner leaving gold prices down in the dumps.
- The month began with gold price in Kanpur opening at Rs.3,255 per gram before rising to a monthly high rate of Rs.3,266 per gram on the 7th of the month.
- From the 8th onwards, it was all downhill for gold and demand went down as the US dollar recovered and the metal became expensive for importers.
- When the month ended, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,124 per gram and price trends changed by 4.02% for the negative.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for December 2018:
- December brought a positive end to what was a tumultuous gold trading final quarter of 2018. Trend was better this month as the dollar was again performing poorly.
- The metal was priced at Rs.3,108 per gram – which continued till the third day of the month. This was also the lowest gold rate for the month.
- From the 4th onwards, however, gold prices picked up as also went up amidst a poor market. The metal traded at Rs.3,260 per gram on the 11th and 12th of the month.
- December’s trading recorded at 4.21% incline in prices, thanks to a much-improved demand for the yellow metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,124 per gram||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,056 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram||Rs.3,140 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,140 per gram on 7 July||Rs.3,092 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,155 per gram on 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,056 per gram on 19 and 31 July||Rs.3,003 per gram from 17 to 19 August||Rs.3,082 per gram on 4 September|
Gold rate trend In Kanpur for July 2018
- The gold price in Kanpur at the start of July stood at Rs.3,124 per gram. The demand for the precious metal was steady from local jewellers.
- As the US dollar weakened, the price of gold in Kanpur surged and was priced at Rs.3,140 per gram on 7 July. This was also the highest gold rate recorded for the month of July in Kanpur.
- However, in the following few days, the value of the US dollar dropped ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy meeting scheduled to be held in July. This caused gold rates to decline in the city.
- Gold in Kanpur was priced at its lowest on 19 July, and again on 31 July at Rs.3,056 per gram due to poor trend overseas.
- Gold rates could not recover throughout the month and recorded a decline of 2.17%.
Gold rate trend In Kanpur for August 2018
- On 1 August, the yellow metal traded at Rs.3,050 per gram.
- The demand during the beginning of the month was stable amid unfavourable trends overseas.
- The demand for the metal and the value of the US dollar played a crucial role in determining gold rates in Kanpur.
- From 17 to 19 August, as the demand for the metal took a fall due to the strengthening US dollar, gold rates hit a monthly low of Rs.3,003 per gram.
- However, gold prices quickly recovered as investors gravitated towards safe-haven assets.
- On 31 August, the last day of the month, the highest gold rate of Rs.3,092 per gram for the month of August was recorded in Kanpur.
- The trend of gold rates in the city inclined by 1.37% for the month of August.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for September 2018
- With the relentless increase of the U.S. Ddollar over the Indian currency, the interest in the precious metal declined, as gold opened for trading at Rs.3,103 per gram.
- Jewellers began stocking up in anticipation of the upcoming festive season which influenced the increase in orders and the increase in prices of gold. Gold touched Rs.3,155 per gram on the 27th of the month. This was the highest gold rate recorded for the month of September in Kannur.
- The lowest gold rate for the month was recorded on 4th September when the precious metal traded at Rs.3,082 per gram.
- Overall, gold prices in Kanpur grew by 1.19% attributed to the appreciation of the U.S. Dollar over the rupee and the steep incline in fuel prices.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for April 2018 to June 2018
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,231 per gram
Rs.3,216 per gram
Rs.3,231 per gram
Rs.3,217 per gram
Rs.3,146 per gram
Rs.3,243 per gram from 20 to 23 April
Rs.3,254 per gram on 14 May
Rs.3,216 per gram on 1 June
Rs.3,159 per gram from 1 and 2 April
Rs.3,197 per gram on 18 May
Rs.3,146 per gram on 30 June
Overall Monthly Performance
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,010 per gram
Rs.3,077 per gram
Rs.3,113 per gram
Rs.3,066 per gram
Rs.3,129 per gram
Rs.3,134 per gram
Rs.3,120 per gram on 24 & 25 January
Rs.3,161 per gram on 18 & 19 February
Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 & 26 March
Rs.3,010 per gram from 1-3 January
Rs.3,035 per gram on 9 February
Rs.3,098 per gram on 19 & 20 March
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2018
- Gold price in Kanpur stood at Rs.3,010 per gram when trading began for January. This price is also the lowest gold rate for the month which continued until the 3rd of the month.
- Amid a weak dollar, gold rates were on the rise as demand began to pick up in the first week of the month.
- The USD was affected by an underperforming US market and the policy decisions taken by the US administration.
- Gold rates continued to increase during the third and fourth weeks, which could be attributed to the rise in demand for the precious metal in the market.
- The highest gold rate in Kanpur during the month of January stood at Rs.3,120 per gram recorded on the 24th and the 25th of the month - largely influenced by the rise in demand.
- During the fourth week, gold rates in Kanpur dropped in the backdrop of a steady demand for the metal. On the last day of January, the gold rate in Kanpur stood Rs.3,066 per gram, an increase of Rs.56 per gram compared to the opening date price.
- Gold price in January reflected an upward trend with 1.19% change mainly attributed to the increase in demand for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for February 2018
- Gold price in Kanpur rose to stand at Rs.3,077 per gram on 1 February 2018. Gold continued to retail with the same price for the first four days of the month before it increased by Rs.5 on the 5th of the month.
- In the second week, the gold rate in Kanpur declined to record its lowest rate at Rs.3,035 per gram on the 9th. The decline in the gold rate was in tandem with the drop in demand for the precious metal as well as due to a stronger dollar.
- However, gold price in Kanpur began to increase in the next week amid higher demand in the backdrop of the wedding season.
- The highest gold price in Kanpur during the month of February stood at Rs.3,161 per gram recorded on the 18th and the 19th as the demand was steady due to strong cues.
- Towards the end of the month, gold price in Kanpur declined with the gold price holding at Rs.3,129 per gram on the last day of the month.
- Overall, gold price in Kanpur during the month of February saw an incline in trend at 1.68% due to an improved demand in the last two weeks of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for March 2018
- On 1st March 2018, the gold traded at Rs.3,113 per gram, a slight decline by Rs.16 per gram compared to the previous day.
- Gold rates in Kanpur continued to remain stable before dropping to its lowest price on the 19th recorded at Rs.3,098 per gram owing to a stabilising dollar as well as a decline in demand for gold.
- Despite a positive growth of gold during this month, it was not the same as it performed over the last two months of the quarter.
- While the gold rate remained stable for the first week, it declined towards the end of the third week.
- During the last week, the price of the precious metal rose to record the highest for the month at Rs.3,171 per gram on 25th and 26th of the month.
- On the last day of the month, gold prices slid owing to the decline in the demand and the stabilisation of the US dollar.
- Gold rate in Kanpur for the month of March reflected an inclining trend with a 0.67% change impacted by the strong changes in demand for the metal especially in the last couple of days.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,006 per gram||Rs.3,016 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,072 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,060 per gram from 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,036 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,026 per gram on 27, 30 and 31 October||Rs.3,006 per gram on 1 November||Rs.2,910 per gram on 11 to 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for October 2017:
- Trading began in Kanpur with the bullion prices holding at Rs.3,063 per gram on the 1st amid the strengthening US dollar and rising equities.
- However, a decline in demand brought about by the steady dollar and equities over the next few days resulted in gold rate in Kanpur dropping to Rs.3,028 per gram on the 6th.
- On the 12th, gold price in Kanpur surged to Rs.3,072 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - owing to an increased buying by local jewellers, industries and retailers ahead of Dhanteras.
- Despite the arrival of festive season, local demand for gold remained low for much of the week. This was due to the well-performing equities amid the strengthening US dollar index.
- When trading concluded for the month, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,026 per gram on the 31st. Kanpur witnessed gold rates dropping by 1.20% amid the poor trends overseas.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for November 2017:
- When the month began, the yellow metal was recorded trading relatively lower at Rs.3,006 per gram with the strong dollar pushing demand lower for the metal. This was also the lowest recorded monthly figure in Kanpur.
- However, with the dollar index losing against other emerging over the next few days, demand for the metal surged. This led to gold price in Kanpur rising to Rs.3,045 per gram on the 10th.
- Thanks to strong domestic demand amid the positive trends overseas, gold rate in Kanpur hit their highest for the month at Rs.3,060 per gram on the 18th.
- With the US dollar regaining lost ground over the next few days and positive sentiments on President Trump’s US tax reform plan, demand for the metal declined as the month progressed.
- The month ended with the bullion prices holding at Rs.3,026 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the last day with steady demand from local industries, jewellers and retailers.
- Gold rate trends in Kanpur recorded an incline of 0.66% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for December 2017:
- The final month of the quarter began with the yellow metal trading at Rs.3,016 per gram on the 1st amid poor trends overseas.
- With the US tax reform bill hitting a roadblock in the US Senate, the dollar lost its sheen. This led to gold rates hitting their highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,036 per gram until the 4th.
- Gold rate in Kanpur plunged to Rs.2,910 per gram on the 11th after the US dollar index gained against other apex currencies following the approval of the Republican tax reform bill in the US Senate.
- However, the Federal Reserve’s decision to raise their benchmark interest proved to have a negative impact on the markets with equities declining over the next few days. This led to an increase in safe-haven demand for the metal.
- When trading concluded for the month, the bullion prices were recorded holding at Rs.3,020 per gram on the 31st amid strong global cues.
- Gold trade in Kanpur witnessed an incline of 0.13% in gold prices during the month due to the strong overseas trends that pushed demand higher for the yellow metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Kanpur for July 2017
- When trading commenced in Kanpur, gold was trading high at Rs.2,992 per gram on the 1st of July. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in the city.
- Gold rates in Kanpur dropped to Rs.2,902 per gram on the 8th due to an uncharacteristic decline in local demand.
- The release of US employment data resulted in further decline in demand. This led to gold rates falling to Rs.2,843 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 12th.
- The US economy tanked as the Trump scandal took centre stage. This resulted in gold prices rise to Rs.2,863 per gram on the 14th.
- Gold prices in Kanpur surged further to Rs.2,908 per gram on the 21st, as Asian demand for the metal increased with the falling dollar rates.
- Thanks to steady demand from industries, jewellers and retailers, rates remained steady at Rs.2,944 per gram from the 22nd to the 24th.
- The 27th witnessed gold trading at Rs.2,950 per gram, courtesy of a weak dollar rate.
- The continued aggression between the US and North Korea sent the US markets crashing. This led to gold rates rising to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 29th.
- The month ended with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,950 per gram on the 31st, owing to steady demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries.
Gold rate trend in Kanpur for August 2017
- The month started off with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,960 per gram on the 1st of August.
- Gold prices fluctuated over the next few days as possibilities of an interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve resulted in industries and refraining from making purchases, and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,930 per gram on the 5th.
- The overseas conflict between the US and North Korea sent global markets crashing. This resulted in an increased demand for safe-haven assets like gold, thus, pushing gold price in Kanpur higher to Rs.2,974 per gram on the 10th.
- The US-North Korean relations worsened over the next few days, pushing demand higher for the metal. This led to gold prices in Kanpur rising to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 18th.
- Prices, however, dropped to Rs.2,982 per gram over the next few days, but recovered to be priced at Rs.2,992 per gram on the 24th as the US dollar inched down as the stand-off between the US and North Korea took centre stage.
- The 28th witnessed bullion trade skyrocketing after the US economy tanked with Hurricane Harvey having taken its toll on the US coast. This resulted in gold rates in Kanpur surging to Rs.3,017 per gram on the 28th.
- When trading concluded for the month of August, gold was priced at Rs.2,999 per gram on the 31st.
Gold rate trend in Kanpur for September 2017
- Gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,024 per gram, when the month began in Kanpur.
- News about North Korea’s successful two-stage thermonuclear weapon test broke out, and world markets tanked. This led to investors gravitating towards investments considered safer, pushing demand for the precious metal and yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,130 per - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 8th.
- However, demand for the metal dropped with the US economy recovering over the next few days. This led to gold rates in Kanpur plunging to Rs.3,056 per gram on the 18th.
- With the US dollar retaining lost ground, demand dropped further pushing prices down to Rs.3,051 per gram on the 25th.
- The 26th, however, witnessed local demand improve with the arrival of festive season. This led to the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.3,110 per gram.
- The US dollar gained against other major emerging currencies as demand for the metal declined with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike.
- The month concluded with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,063 per gram on the 30th, thanks to steady domestic demand from jewellers, industries and retailers.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,991 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,068 per gram from 15 to 16 April||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1 to 2 May||Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,983 per gram from 8 to 10 April||Rs.2,918 per gram from 11 to 15 May||Rs.2,982 from 17 to 22 June|
Gold rate trend for Kanpur in April 2017
- Gold traded on the first day of the month at Rs.2,991 per gram.
- The price of gold remained stable for the next couple of days due to Federal Reserve developments and unhopeful US economic data. The price of gold was stable from 1 to 3 April, standing at Rs.2,991 per gram.
- There was an incline in the price of the precious yellow metal from April 4, when the price stood at Rs.3,003 per gram. The price remained the same till April 7.
- The price dwindled again on April 8 to Rs.2,983 per gram from Rs.3,003 per gram, a fall by Rs.20 per gram. This fall in price is due to the strengthening of the US Dollar.
- As the week progressed the price of gold increased, influenced by geopolitical tensions surrounding Syria and North Korea. This led to a rise in safe-haven buying.
- The price of gold reached the highest in the month, standing at Rs.3,068 per gram from 15 to 16 April as demand increased.
- In the next few days, the rising rupee gave opportunity for ma ny buyers to purchase the precious yellow metal.
- Over the course of the month, prices inclined by 0.66%.
Gold rate trend for Kanpur in May 2017
- Gold opened at the markets on a high note at the beginning of the month. The price of gold was Rs.3,011 per gram on May 1. The price of gold remained the same on the next day.
- The price went down to Rs.2,982 per gram on May 3 from Rs.3,011 the previous day. A fall by Rs.29 per gram due to the rise in the US Dollar rate and a low demand for safe-haven assets as equity markets were on a high.
- Gold price in Kanpur continued to fall over the course of the week. The price fell to Rs.2,942 on May 8.
- The fluctuation in price during this week was due to winning of Emmanuel Macron in the presidential election in France.
- The price of gold in Kanpur fell to its lowest in the month of May from 11 to 15, when price stood at Rs.2,918 per gram. This was because of weak US manufacturing data.
- Prices went up from the next day and consecutively increased over the course of the month. However, the price did not reach its highest, which was on the first two days of the month.
- The price of gold was influenced by the blast in Manchester and other geo-political developments during the last week of May.
- Overall prices declined by -0.63% in Kanpur during the month of May.
Gold rate trend in Kanpur for June 2017
- Gold traded on a high note in the beginning of the month. This is because of various factors and happenings during the first week of June like the weakening of the US Dollar rate and the national election in UK.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,012 per gram in Kanpur on June 1. The price remained the same on the next day.
- The price of the precious metal spiked on June 3, standing at Rs.3,022 per gram. The price continued to increase over the course of the week.
- The price of gold on June 6 was Rs.3,037 per gram. This rise can be attributed to the fall in the US Dollar rate.
- On the next day, June 7, the price of the precious yellow metal reached its highest in the month at Rs.3,057 per gram. This trend is because of the development in Asian stock markets.
- The price of gold came down in the next few days as there were several import-related hindrances due to the forthcoming implementation of a new tax regime in the country.
- The price of gold fell to Rs.2,982 per gram on June 19 due to fluctuation in demand and the increase in the US Dollar.
- Overall, the price of gold declined by -0.66% during June.
Gold Rate Trend in Kanpur for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,844 per gram||Rs.2,978 per gram||Rs.3,009 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,958 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,979 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,031 per gram from 25th February to||Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,844 per gram from 1st January to 3rd February||Rs.2,957 per gram from 4th February to 6th February||Rs.2,950 per gram on 15th March|
Gold Rate Trend for Kanpur in January 2017
- On the 1st day of January, gold in Kanpur opened at Rs.2,844 per gram and was stable at this rate until the 3rd of the month.
- Due to positive market cues, the rate of gold went up marginally to trade at Rs.2,855 per gram before rising even further to trade at Rs.2,866 per gram from the 5th of January to the 9th.
- Thanks to an increase in the demand for this metal, as the third week of January progressed, the rate of gold continued to rise with marginal fluctuations.
- On the 24th of January, gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram which was the highest at which gold traded at for the month.
- At the end of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,958 per gram, recording a rise of 4% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Kanpur in February 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.2,978 per gram on the 1st of February and was steady at this rate until the 3rd of February.
- However, on the 4th of February, the rate of gold reduced due to a rise in the value of the U.S.Dollar trading at Rs.2,957 per gram.
- This rate was maintained until the 6th of February post which the rate of gold increased again.
- Due to heavy demand from jewellers in domestic markets, the rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 8th of February and stayed at this rate until the 10th of February before declining again.
- The rate of gold was steady at Rs.2,999 per gram from the 18th of February to the 24th of February due to steady demand.
- Gold closed the month of February in Kanpur by trading at Rs.3,020 per gram recording an incline of 1.41% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Kanpur in March 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st of March and stayed at this rate until the 2nd as well
- However, the price of gold reduced the next day to trade at Rs.2,990 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the 6th before reducing again.
- Due to the impact of the Dutch elections as well as the U.S. Fed’s decision regarding the rate of interest, the price of gold plunged to a monthly low of Rs.2,950 per gram on the 15th of March.
- The rate of gold fluctuated between Rs.3,003 per gram and Rs.2,993 per gram between the 22nd of March and 26th of March, before steadily trading at Rs.3,003 per gram from the 27th of March to the 30th of March.
- As the month of March ended, gold traded at Rs.2,991 per gram recording a decline of 0.59% in the price of gold.
Gold as an investment
Since the city is so well known for the gold that comes out of it, it is natural to assume that the people of Kanpur are keen on spending on gold in the form of ornaments and in the form of an investment. The ways that they can do this in are:
Physical gold: Since the jewellery made in Kanpur is so famous, the people always have the option to buy physical gold in the form of ornaments. The city has a lot of shops that sell jewellery made out of gold and offer all sorts of trinkets made out of it.
Buying gold from banks: Banks in Kanpur also offer gold bullion in both 24 karat and 22 karat gold. This can be purchased from most of the banks and with appropriate certificates as to the purity of the gold being sold.
Trading in gold: Trading in gold is another avenue open to the people of Kanpur. This trading can be conducted either by investing in gold directly through gold exchange traded funds or through gold mutual funds that many of the asset management companies offer. These mutual funds even come with CRISIL ratings that can help identify the good funds to invest in.
Gold rates in Kanpur
Since the price of gold in Kanpur follows the same trends as the rest of the country, it too saw a sharp drop in the price in 2015. The demand for gold had also gone down since there was a lot of uncertainty about the prices. Since 2016, gold prices have begun a slow march towards a rise and now stand at Rs. 27,820 for 10 grams of 22 karat gold and Rs. 29,790 for 24 karat. In the beginning of 2016, the price of gold stood at about Rs. 2,655 for 1 gm of 24 karat gold. It has since risen by slightly over 10% to settle at Rs. 3,030 per gram of 24 karat gold. There is still fluctuation expected in the market even as US Federal Reserve rates are set to change once again which, no doubt, will affect the gold rate in Kanpur.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Kanpur
|Gold Rate In Varanasi||Gold Rate In Allahabad||Gold Rate In Aligarh|
|Gold Rate In Noida||Gold Rate In Agra||Gold Rate In Bareilly|
|Gold Rate In Lucknow||Gold Rate In Meerut||Gold Rate In Ghaziabad|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Uttar Pradesh
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days to Buy Gold in 2020
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- Lack Of Credibility In India's Hallmarked Jewelleries
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- How Will Restricting Gold Imports in India Affect Gold Rates?