*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Agra is a major tourist destination it has 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The Mughals ruled the area for the longest time. Which is why there was a huge demand for gold and this explains the presence of so many jewellers. The demand for gold increases during the festivals and wedding season. The gold rate in Agra is based on the international gold rate.
Gold Rate in Agra
Gold rate per unit in Agra is determined based on the gold purity. Buyers can purchase either 24 karat, 22 karat, 18 karat or 14 karat gold. 14 karat gold is cheaper and 24 karat gold is costly. Gold rate in Agra changes in accordance to the international gold rate. The gold rate in Agra in the year 2015 fell considerably, but the rates started climbing in January, 2016.
24 karat gold:
24 karat gold is the purest form of gold as it includes 99.95% of gold mass. 24 karat gold is a very soft metal hence it cannot be used to make jewellery or other ornaments. The gold rate for 24 karat gold in Agra is Rs.29,800 per 10 grams as on 14th March, 2016.
22 karat gold:
22 karat gold is the highest quality gold as it has 91.6% of gold mass. It has a shiny yellow coat and is used to mostly to make jewellery and ornaments. The brightness of the 22 karat gold depends on the metal with which it is alloyed. 22 karat gold is usually alloyed with silver or copper. You get a reddish tint when you alloy 22 karat gold with copper. Zinc can be added to copper to neutralise the rose color and make it look yellow.
Jewellers prefer alloying 22 karat gold with silver. It is the common form of retail gold jewellery. It is worn off easily, so special care must be taken. The gold rate for 22 karat gold in Agra is Rs.27,830 per 10 grams as on 14th March, 2016.
18 karat gold:
18 karat gold includes 75% of the gold mass making it the popular karat for jewellery. It also provides sufficient strength to hold the gemstones, diamonds and emeralds in place. Pink and rose gold are also 18 karat gold.
14 karat gold:
14 karat gold includes 58.3% of gold mass and it is the cheapest type of gold jewellery. When 14 karat gold is alloyed with copper, you get a dull bronze color. You get white gole when you alloy 14 karat gold with silver or nickel.
Gold Rate Trend in Agra for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,943 per gram||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960|
|Last day||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs. 2,960 per gram on 30th of May||Rs.3,167|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 1st of April||Rs. 3,120 per gram on 9th of May||Rs.3,182 per gram on 28th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,933 per gram on the 5th of May||Rs. 2,960 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,950 per gram on 2nd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in April 2016
- Gold continued to trade at Rs. 2,943 per gram for the first three days of April
- Gold witnessed a lot of fluctuation in the month of April with changes in rate every week.
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in May 2016
- There were no major changes in demand and the rate remained unchanged at Rs. 3,119 per gram for the first three days of May.
- Gold witnessed a decline at Rs. 3,048 per gram on 24th of May owing to low demand.
- The price further declined to Rs. 2,960 per gram on 30th of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in June 2016
- At the beginning of the month, rate of gold was Rs.2,960 per gram.
- Price of gold decreased by Rs.10 the next day to cost Rs.2,950 per gram and this rate was maintained until the last day of week.
- Continuing from the previous week, the price of gold was Rs.2,950 on the first day of the month and increased slightly thereafter.
- The price of gold was steady at Rs.3,003 per gram on the 6th and 7th.
- Gold rate decreased slightly after that on the 8th to cost Rs.2,983 per gram.
- Prices increased thereafter and the price of gold was Rs.3,006 on the last day of the week.
- Price of gold increased from Rs.3,006 per gram on the 12th to Rs.3,056 per gram on the 13th.
- In addition to the above, from the 14th to 16th of June, gold rate was steady at Rs.3,066 per gram.
- There was a significant increase in price seen thereafter with price of gold being Rs.3,109 per gram from 17th to the 20th.
- On the 19th, the rate of gold was Rs.3,109 which continued from the previous week.
- There were variations noted in rates seen from 19th to 22nd of June with the highest during those four days being Rs.3,120 per gram on the 21st.
- From 23rd to the 27th, the rate of gold was steady at Rs.3,098 per gram.
- Gold rate was at Rs.3,098 per gram and was the same on the 26th and 27th of June.
- There was a rise noted in the rate of gold on 28th with price of gold being Rs.3,182 per gram which was also the highest for the month.
- The above price was steady for an another day and decreased slightly to close at Rs.3,167 per gram on 30th June.
Gold Rate Trend in Agra for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,585 per gram||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,037 per gram||Rs. 2,948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,767 per gram on January 27th||Rs. 3,049 per gram on 26th of February||Rs. 3,030 per gram from March 1st to 14th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,580 per gram from January 2nd to 4th||Rs. 2,756 per gram on 1st of February||Rs. 2,948 per gram on 31st of March|
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,585 per gram on the 1st of January without many changes over the next four days
- Gold rose by Rs. 100 at Rs. 2,681 per gram on 7th of January.
- Gold hit the highest rate for January on 27th at Rs. 2,767 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in February 2016
- Gold remained unchanged at Rs. 2,756 per gram on 1st of February.
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,008 per gram during the better half of the second week of the month.
- February witnessed a steady rise in Gold prices as it shot up to Rs. 3,049 per gram on 26th of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Agra in March 2016
- Gold remained unchanged at Rs. 3,030 per gram for the first two weeks of March.
- Gold witnessed a steady downfall in the last two weeks of March and stood at Rs. 2,948 per gram at the end of March.
Gold investment avenues in Agra
Residents of Agra love buying gold either as jewellery or as an investment. Gold sales climb during the festivals and wedding season. Investors invest in gold to protect themselves from the fluctuating market as it is treated as a safe haven asset. Gold can be brought in Agra in the following ways:
- Market trade:
Gold can now be purchased from anywhere if you have access to E-gold, futures and ETFs. E-gold is traded at the National Spot Exchange. BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) trades ETFs. Trading in gold is subject to risk which you must be aware of before you decide that you want to start trading.
- Over the counter purchases:
Residents of Agra prefer looking at the jewellery and trying it on before actually buying it. There are a many jewellers in Agra from where people buy gold. Gold can be purchased in the form of coins and bars from the banks as well as jewellers. You will get a purity certificate when you buy gold from the bank which makes it costlier.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Agra
|Gold Rate In Bareilly||Gold Rate In Lucknow||Gold Rate In Meerut|
|Gold Rate In Ghaziabad||Gold Rate In Kanpur||Gold Rate In Varanasi|
|Gold Rate In Allahabad||Gold Rate In Aligarh||Gold Rate In Noida|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Uttar Pradesh
Read more on Gold
- What Do The Markings On Gold Mean
- Buying Gold In India Make Sure Its Real Gold
- How New Gold Schemes are Going to Affect Indian Economy
- Is Buying Gold a Good Investment in 2016
- Gold Rate Outlook for India in 2016