*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Noida (New Okhla Industrial Development Authority) is a planned city in Uttar Pradesh. This was set during the Emergency period as a part of urbanisation thrust. The city has the highest per capita income. It is the hot spot for IT companies. Rs.20,000 crore was offered for development of Noida in 2014 Budget. It is a fast growing city and it has a large number of people residing in it. The demand for gold is high due to the large number of residents. The demand for gold increases by a lot during the festivals and wedding season. The gold rate in Noida depends on the international gold rate.
Gold Rate in Noida
Gold rate per unit in Noida is determined based on the purity of the gold. Buyers can purchase gold in either 24 karat, 22 karat, 18 karat or 14 karat form. 14 karat gold is cheaper and 24 karat gold is expensive. Gold rate in Noida changes as and when the international gold rate changes. 2015 saw a fall in gold rate, but the rates started climbing in January, 2016.
24 karat gold:
24 karat gold is the purest form of gold as it includes 99.95% gold mass. It is a very soft metal therefore it cannot be used to make jewellery or other ornaments. The gold rate for 24 karat gold in Noida is Rs.29,800 per 10 grams as on 14th March, 2016.
22 karat gold:
22 karat gold is a highest quality gold as it has 91.6% gold mass. As it has a shiny yellow coat, it is used to make jewellery and ornaments. The brightness of the 22 karat gold depends mainly on the metal that it is alloyed with. Mostly 22 karat gold is alloyed with silver or copper. When 22 karat gold is alloyed with copper, you end up getting a reddish tint. When zinc is also added to copper it will neutralise the rose color and make it look yellow.
Jewellers prefer alloying 22 karat gold with silver. It is the most common form of retail gold jewellery. But it is worn off easily, so you must take special care of the ornament. The gold rate for 22 karat gold in Noida is Rs.27,830 per 10 grams as on 14th March, 2016.
18 karat gold:
18 karat gold includes 75% of the gold mass and this makes it the popular karat for jewellery. It provides ample strength to hold the gemstones, diamonds and emeralds in place. Pink and rose gold are also 18 karat gold.
14 karat gold:
14 karat gold includes 58.3% gold mass and it is the cheapest type of gold jewellery. When you alloy 14 karat gold with copper, you will get a dull bronze color. When 14 karat gold is alloyed with silver or nickel you will get white gold.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,006 per gram||Rs.3,016 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,026 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,072 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,060 per gram from 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,036 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,026 per gram on 27, 30 and 31 October||Rs.3,006 per gram on 1 November||Rs.2,910 per gram on 11 to 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.3,024 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,999 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,992 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.3,017 per gram on 28 August||Rs.3,130 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,843 per gram on 12 & 13 July||Rs.2,930 per gram on 3 & 6 August||Rs.3,024 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Noida for July 2017
- The month started with a reduced demand for the precious metal from local jewellers, industries and retailers.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,992 per gram on the 1st, when trading commenced in Noida.
- Demand dropped further with rallying of equities shares in the international market, and the yellow metal was trading low at Rs.2,843 per gram on the 12th.
- With possibilities of an interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve, demand increased in the Asian markets. This led to gold trading at Rs.2,883 per gram on the 20th.
- Gold price in Noida dropped towards the end of the month with rallying markets and a recovering dollar despite the geopolitical tensions in the United States and the Korean Peninsula, and the bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,950 per gram on the 31st.
- Gold trade in Noida registered a loss of 1.40% owing to poor global trends and reduced local demand.
Gold rate trend in Noida for August 2017
- Gold was trading low at Rs.2,960 per gram, when the month began.
- Gold rate in Noida declined to Rs.2,934 per gram on the 8th with reduced local, as well as, international demand for the metal from the Asian continent.
- However, demand surged with the threat of nuclear aggression by North Korea pushing higher volumes of trading in gold. This led to gold rates rising to RS.2,999 per gram on the 11th.
- The 28th witnessed bullion prices rising to Rs.3,017 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - as global markets tanked with Hurricane Harvey taking its toll on the US economy.
- The month ended with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,999 per gram, thanks to steady and sustained demand from local jewellers and industries.
- Noida witnessed gold rate in Noida increasing at 1.30% due to the positive global cues that pushed local demand higher during the month.
Gold rate trend in Noida for September 2017
- When trading commenced in Noida, the yellow metal was recorder trading at Rs.3,024 per gram.
- Global demand surged as investors gravitated to safer investments like gold after North Korea announced their most powerful thermonuclear weapon test to date. This led to gold rate rising to Rs.3,130 per gram on the 8th.
- However, the dollar recovered over the next few days, pushing gold price in Noida down to Rs.3,056 per gram on the 19th.
- Local demand skyrocketed with the arrival of the festive season pushing domestic purchases higher on the 26th. This resulted in gold rate in Noida rising to Rs.3,110 per gram.
- The US dollar strengthened with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike over the next few days. This led to reduced global demand and the yellow metal was priced Rs.3,063 per gram on the 31st.
- Gold prices in Noida increased by 1.27% during the month, owing to an increased international demand coupled with strong global cues.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,061 per gram on 29 & 30 April||Rs.3,061 per gram on 1 & 2 May||Rs.3,077 per gram on 7 & 8 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1-3 April||Rs.2,956 per gram from 11-16 May||Rs.3,033 per gram from 15-29 June|
Gold rate trend in Noida for April 2017
- Gold prices in Noida rose in the month of April due to favourable market conditions as well as increased demand.
- Gold opened the month at Rs.2,991 per gram on 1 April and rose to Rs.3,003 per gram on 4 April as tensions in the Korean peninsula led to markets falling and higher demand for bullion.
- Gold rate in Nodia dipped due to a reduction in demand from European markets which led to gold falling to Rs.2,983 per gram from 8-10 April.
- Demand soon rose to Rs.3047 per gram on 14 April as the weak dollar led to increased bullion buying as U.S. jobs data was disappointing.
- Prices remained high as local demand as well as industrial demand from Asia was steady, keeping prices at Rs.3,057 per gram from 17-21 April.
- Gold ended the week trading at Rs.3,011 per gram on 30 April and recording a 0.66% increase in price over the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Noida for May 2017
- Gold prices were high as the month began but petered off due to a rising U.S. dollar and strong markets.
- May opened with gold trading at Rs.3,011 per gram but prices soon fell to Rs.2,952 per gram from 4-7 May as European markets rose on news of the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election.
- Prices dropped further as U.S. markets were also on the increase, resulting in gold falling to Rs.2,918 per gram from 11-15 May.
- Local demand was steady due to increased demand from jewellers, which pushed prices to Rs.2,991 per gram on 18 May.
- Prices fluctuated due to unsteady demand from Asian consumers, with gold hovering around Rs.2,977 per gram in the third week of May.
- Gold failed to capitalise on a weakening U.S. dollar as it traded at Rs.2,992 per gram on 31 May, recording a loss of 0.49%.
Gold rate trend in Noida for June 2017
- A rise in the rate of gold was observed in June due to a drop in the U.S. dollar rate, which led to higher demand for bullion.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,012 per gram on 1 June as demand was stable from the previous month before prices rose to Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June due to plunging U.S. markets.
- Sluggish industrial demand and muted local demand led to prices falling in spite of favourable conditions as gold traded at Rs.3,007 per gram from 10-15 June.
- A momentary rise in stocks led to a drop in demand for gold as the metal traded at Rs.2,982 per gram from 17-22 June, as local demand was also poor.
- Prices fluctuated as the month drew to a close, with gold priced at Rs.2,992 per gram on 30 June.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,844 per gram||Rs.2,978 per gram||Rs.3,009 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,958 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,979 per gram on 24th and 25th of January||Rs.3,031 per gram from 25th February to||Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,844 per gram from 1st January to 3rd February||Rs.2,957 per gram from 4th February to 6th February||Rs.2,950 per gram on 15th March|
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for January 2017:
- The month of January was a great period for gold sales in Noida as prices seemed to increase over the course of the month.
- On 1st January, gold was priced at Rs.2,844 per gram, which went up to Rs.2,855 per gram on 4th and then to Rs.2,866 per gram on 5th as demand increased.
- By 10th, gold prices had gone up to Rs.2,888 as demand provided no signs of letting down.
- All the positive growth was due to the rapid influx of cash into the system which was on short supply over the previous quarter.
- On 20th, prices prices had gone up to Rs.2,952 per gram and again went up to reach the highest rate for the month - Rs.2,979 per gram - on 24th.
- However, prices went down slightly by the end of the month as bullion finished trading at Rs.2,958 per gram.
- During January, gold prices rose by 4% due to a sustained demand for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for February 2017:
- February again was a good month for gold sales in Noida as prices seemed to go up this month as well.
- The month started with gold selling at Rs.2,978 per gram but went down to Rs.2,957 per gram by the 6th due to a sudden fall in demand.
- Rates seen from the 4th to the 6th i.e., Rs.2,957 per gram were the highest rate of gold for the entire month.
- On 7th, gold prices went up considerably, thereby suggesting that the sudden slowdown over the previous three days was temporary.
- By the end of the 17th, gold prices had gone up to Rs.3,,004 per gram albeit after significant fluctuations.
- The last ten days of the month saw little change in gold prices as there was a sustained demand for bullion in the city.
- From 18th to the 24th, gold was trading at Rs.2,999 per gram as there was no change in demand.
- On 25th, gold prices had gone up to Rs.3,031 per gram - the highest rate for the entire month - but fell to Rs.3,020 per gram on 28th.
- Overall, Noida saw gold prices change at the rate of 1.41% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for March 2017:
- Gold rates fell during the month of March owing to a number of national and international factors.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.3,009 per gram but fell to Rs.2,990 per gram on 3rd and then to Rs.2,977 per gram on 9th.
- Gold rates seemed to be on a freefall as they fell to Rs.2,965 per gram on 10th but increased slightly to Rs.2,971 per gram to calm the markets on 11th.
- All the change in prices was due to the US Fed rate hike, which increased the value of the US dollar, thereby spurring a downfall in demand.
- Gold rates reached their worst for the month on 15th when they hit Rs.2,950 per gram - the lowest price of gold for March.
- However, prices picked up gradually over the next few days to end the third week at Rs.2,970 per gram.
- Rates again fluctuated considerably over the last ten days of March before ending the month at Rs.2,991 per gram.
- All in all, gold rates in Noida decline at a rate of 0.59% for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,844 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,205 per gram from 1st to 4th||Rs.3,213 per gram on 5th and 6th||Rs.2,893 per gram on 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,088 per gram from 8th to 25th||Rs.2,929 per gram from 25th to 27th||Rs.2,800 per gram from 23rd to 28th|
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for October 2016
- In October, Noida seemed to enjoy quite a good period with regards to gold rates as there wasn’t too many fluctuations.
- The 1st began with gold prices standing at Rs.3,205 per gram, the highest rate for the month.
- However, prices went down to Rs.3,119 per gram - as a decrease of Rs.86 per gram was seen within a span of 3 days.
- Prices seemed to go down again on 6th As prices hit Rs.3,088 per gram and remained much the same till the 25th of the month.
- The last week of October saw prices increase to Rs.3,099 per gram and continued at the same rate till the end of the month.
- Overall, gold price trends in Noida saw a change of -3.307% for the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for November 2016
- November began in Noida with gold trading at Rs.3,099 per gram and increased during the subsequent days as global demand soared.
- However, the increase during the first week seemed to be a red herring of sorts as the second week began with the government cancelling Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes.
- Prices seemed to soar for the first few days as people began buying more gold and hence hit the highest rate of Rs.3,213 per gram during the 5th and 6th.
- The government made PAN card compulsory for heavy gold purchases, which again led to demand crashing down for much of the month.
- As the month drew to a close, gold prices seemed to pick up slightly but couldn’t hit a positive note as cash flow issues came in the way.
- For the second month in a row, gold prices seemed to be on a decline.
- All in all, Noida saw gold rates change by a massive -5.09%.
Gold Rate Trend in Noida for December 2016
- The final month of the quarter and year was better for gold rates as the decline wasn’t as bad as it was during the previous two months.
- Demonetisation still seemed to be stopping gold sales as cash liquidity issued dogged the entire nation.
- The 1st of the month began with gold trending at Rs.2,893 per gram and decreased to hit Rs.2,864 by the 10th.
- Prices seemed to go further down over the next 10 days as gold was trading at Rs.2,822 per gram around the 20th.
- Although Christmas didn’t bring any positive sales, New Year seemed to create a bit of magic as gold prices increased.
- Overall, Noida saw a gold rate changed by -1.69% in December.
- On average, gold prices seemed to change by -3.36% for the quarter between October and December.
|1st day||Rs.3,167 per gram||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,217 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,227 per gram from 7th to 9th July||Rs.3,248 per gram on 4th August and 10th August||Rs.3,228 per gram from 7th September to 12th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,205 per gram from 26th to 31st August||Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose slightly on the 2nd and remained unchanged at Rs.3,203 until the 4th after which they fluctuated over the next two days.
- Prices remained stable at Rs.3,227 – the highest recorded rate from the 7th to the 9th of July thanks to firming trends.
- Consistent declines over the next three days made prices plunge and remain constant at Rs.3,199 between the 13th and 21st of July.
- Prices increased consistently until the end of the month and the precious metal closed the month at Rs.3,249 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,219 and remained stable until the 3rd of the month.
- Rates fluctuated over the next few days and prices gained stability at Rs.3,206 between the 6th and 9th of the month.
- Fluctuations were recorded over the following week before rates achieved stability at Rs.3,238 from the 18th to the 24th.
- Prices fell over the next two days and settled at Rs.3,205 from the 26th to the 31st of August.
- Overall, prices declined by 0.43% between the start and end of August.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September, which was the lowest rate for this month.
- Prices rose and stayed constant from the 3rd of September to the 5th at Rs.3,195.
- Prices fell on certain days and remained unchanged for short periods before fluctuations were recorded again.
- Prices remained constant from the 22nd until the 28th at Rs.3,227 and closed September at Rs.3,217 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the start and end of September was just a little over 1%.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,943 per gram||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs. 2,960 per gram||Rs.3,167 per gram on the 30th of June|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,119 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,120 per gram on May 7||Rs.3,182 per gram on the 28th and 29th of June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,933 per gram on April 5||Rs. 2,960 per gram on May 31||Rs.2,950 per gram on 2nd of June|
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in April 2016
- There were minor fluctuations seen in the month of April.
- The highest rate of gold in the month was on the last day with gold trading at Rs. 3,119 per gram.
- The lowest rate of gold was on the 5th of the month wherein gold was priced at Rs. 2,933 per gram.
- An increase of 5.98% was observed in the rate of gold as the month progressed.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in May 2016
- Gold rate traded at Rs. 3,119 per gram on the first day of the month.
- As the month of May progressed, a decline of 5.09% was noted.
- The lowest rate of gold in the entire month was on the last day of the month, at Rs. 2,960.
- The decline could be attributed to an expected increase in interest rate by U.S. Fed and an ongoing strike.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in June 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,960 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold hit its lowest on 2nd of June at Rs.2,950 per gram.
- Gold hit the highest for the month on 28th of June at Rs.3,182 per gram.
- Prices steadily increased over the week as gold closed the month at Rs.3,167 per gram on the 30th of June.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,585 per gram||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,030 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,037 per gram||Rs. 2,948 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,772 per gram on January 20||Rs. 3,037 per gram on February 29||Rs. 3,030 per gram on March 1|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,580 per gram on January||Rs. 2,756 per gram on February 1||Rs. 2,940 per gram on March 15|
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in January 2016
- On the 1st of the month, gold rate traded at Rs. 2,585 per gram.
- There were some fluctuations noticed in the price of gold as the month progressed.
- A rise of 6.61% was seen in the rate of gold at the end of the month, closing at Rs. 2,756 per gram which was also the highest of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in February 2016
- At the beginning of the month, gold traded at Rs. 2,756 per gram.
- Due to a steady demand and wedding season, the rate of gold increased with minor fluctuations.
- Gold rates closed at Rs. 3,037 per gram on the 29th of February which was also the highest per month.
Gold Rate Trend of Noida in March 2016
- Although gold traded at Rs. 3,030 per gram, there was a steady decline in prices as the month progressed.
- This could be attributed to an ongoing jeweller’s strike or expectations of interest rate hike by U.S Fed.
- A decline of 2.70% was noted in the rate of gold.
Gold investment avenues in Noida
Residents of Noida love buying gold in the form of jewellery or for purpose of investing. Gold sales high during the festivals and wedding season. Investors also prefer to buy gold to protect themselves from the fluctuating market. Gold is treated as a safe haven asset. Gold can be brought in Noida in the following ways:
- Over the counter purchases:
Noida residents prefer looking at the jewellery and try it on before actually buying it. There are a many jewellers in Noida from where people can buy gold in any form. Gold can be brought in the form of coins and bars from the bank as well as jewellers. You also get a purity certificate when you buy gold from the bank which makes it costlier.
- Market trade:
Gold can be purchased from anywhere as now you have access to E-gold, futures and ETFs. E-gold is traded at National Spot Exchange. Bombay Stock Exchange trades ETFs. However, trading in gold is subject to certain risk which you must be aware of before you start trading.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Noida
|Gold Rate In Agra||Gold Rate In Bareilly||Gold Rate In Lucknow|
|Gold Rate In Meerut||Gold Rate In Ghaziabad||Gold Rate In Kanpur|
|Gold Rate In Varanasi||Gold Rate In Allahabad||Gold Rate In Aligarh|
|Gold Rate In Delhi||Gold Rate In Gurgaon|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Uttar Pradesh
Read more on Gold
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- How Gold Rate Fluctuation Affects Indian Economy
- How are Gold Rates Determined?