*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Karnal is an important rice-producing region of Haryana, lies within the National Capital Region that includes New Delhi. The city has proud historical antecedents, believed to have been founded by Karna of the Mahabharata. It has passed through the reigns of Nadir Shah, the Marathas, Raja Gopal Singh of Jind and Raja Gurdit Singh of Ladwa, before the British took over the administration.
Karnal is dotted with historical monuments such as tombs of emperors and saints, temples and churches, and a fort. It was a walled city up to 1862, when the fort was given over to the Education Department. The city is the headquarters of Karnal district and has a population of more than 3 lakh as per the 2011 census.
Gold prices in Karnal
Gold is an important commodity in Indian households, and Karnal is no exception to this preference. People of Karnal buy gold to wear on occasions such as weddings and parties, as well as give gold jewellery as gift on birthdays and anniversaries. Gold is also popular as an investment avenue. Those who use gold or ornamental purposes also purchase rolled gold or gold-plated jewellery. These ornaments generally contain about 1% of gold that is polished on to the surface.
Karnal’s gold rates generally follow a pattern of being lower than the prices of the precious metal in its neighbour and the country’s capital, New Delhi. Without any local gold production, Karnal depends on imported gold to meet its needs. Hence, fluctuations in international gold prices are reflected in the prices seen in Karnal.
The prices for 24-karat and 22-karat gold differ here just like in any other place in the country. While 24-karat gold is bought by jewellers and those investing in gold coins and bars, 22-karat gold is favoured by consumers buying jewellery. Pure gold comes at 24 karat. The 22-karat gold is mixed with 2 parts of silver, nickel, copper or other metals to form a stronger and more durable alloy to make ornaments and gold articles with.
24-karat gold prices: The price of 10 grams of 24-karat gold in Karnal as on March 9, 2016, was Rs. 29,910, up by Rs. 910 from 10 days ago (February 28, 2016), when it was Rs. 29,000. This means that gold saw an appreciation of around 3.14 percent in just 10 days. Comparatively, the price of 24-karat gold in Delhi was Rs. 30,374 on March 9.
22-karat gold prices: The rate of growth of gold prices or 22-karat gold seems to be higher than that for 24-karat gold in Karnal. The higher demand for jewellery and manufactured gold articles could be one of the reasons for this difference. On March 9, 10 grams of 22-karat gold cost Rs. 27,750 in Karnal, 4.01 percent higher than the Rs. 26,680 registered on February 28. The gold rate in Delhi on March 9, on the other hand, stood at Rs. 28,400.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,997 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 July||Rs.2,980 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,100 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5 to 8 August||Rs.2,997 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Karnal for July 2017
- In Karnal, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,992 per gram, when trading commenced for the month of July.
- Demand for the metal for dropped over the next few days, resulting in prices declining to Rs.2,902 per gram on the 8th.
- The release of the US employment data resulted in a significant decline in global demand. This led to gold rates in Karnal plunging to Rs.2,843 per gram on the 12th.
- Prices rose gradually over the next few days as Asian demand increased with the downfall of the US dollar, and gold was trading at Rs.2,908 per gram on the 21st.
- With investors capitalising on the weak dollar value, gold rates in Karnal surged to Rs.2,950 per gram on the 26th.
- The US economy tanked with geopolitical tensions rising in the Korean peninsula. This led to a rise in safe-haven investments around the world, and the yellow metal prices rising to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 29th.
- Demand dropped marginally towards the end of the month, and gold was priced at Rs.2,950 per gram on the 31st.
Gold rate trend in Karnal for August 2017
- When trading commenced for the month of August, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,960 per gram on the 1st.
- The continued aggression between the US and North Korea pushed demand higher for the precious metal. This led to gold prices surging to Rs.2,974 per gram on the 10th.
- The international equities markets tanked as the US dollar collapsed, and gold rates in Karnal rose further to Rs.2,999 per kg on the 11th.
- Steady local, as well as, global demand resulted in gold trading at Rs.2,982 per gram on the 19th and the 20th.
- The stand-off between the US and North Korea resulted in the US economy collapsing, pushing prices higher to Rs.2,992 per gram on the 24th.
- Equity markets took a hit with the US-North Korea conflicts worsening. This resulted in an increased demand for the bullion, and the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,017 per gram on the 28th.
- However, the dollar improved over the next few days, pushing gold rates lower. When trading concluded for the month, gold was trading at Rs.2,999 per gram on the 31st.
Gold rate trend in Karnal for September 2017
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.3,024 per gram, when the month began in Karnal.
- Safe-haven investments surged globally with North Korea having confirmed its successful two-stage thermonuclear weapon test. This resulted in gold rates surging to Rs.3,130 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - on the 8th.
- However, demand declined with the strengthening of dollar over the next few days, and the metal was trading at Rs.3,085 per gram on the 12th.
- With the dollar gaining against other apex currencies, demand declined further, pushing prices down to Rs.3,056 per gram on the 19th.
- Local demand spurred on the 26th with the arrival of Dussehra pushing sales higher. This led to gold rates in Karnal surging to Rs.3,063 per gram.
- Demand dropped over the next few days as the dollar recovered with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike. This resulted in gold trading at Rs.3,063 per gram on the 30th.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,991 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,012 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,068 from 15 to 16 April||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1 to 2 May||Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,983 from 8 to 10 April||Rs.2,918 from 11 to 15 May||Rs.2,972 per gram on 27 June|
Gold rate trend for Karnal in April 2017
- In Karnal, gold traded a bit cautiously on the first day of the month at Rs.2,991 per gram. The price remained stable for the first three days of the month due to US economic data and Federal Reserve developments.
- After a stable beginning, the price of gold inched up on April 4 to Rs.3,003 per gram as geopolitical tensions and safe-haven buying influenced the trend.
- The price of gold in Karnal fell on April 8 to Rs.2,983 per gram, falling to its lowest in the month of April. The price remained the same from April 8 to 10. This was due to the rise in the US Dollar rate.
- Post April 10, the price of the sought after metal inched up, influenced by various factors such as the rising geopolitical tensions surrounding North Korea and Syria.
- The price climbed up from Rs.2,983 on April 10 to Rs.3,036 per gram on April 12. The gold rate price in Karnal came down again the next day reaching Rs.3,016 per gram.
- Gold reached it’s highest in the month on 15 and 16 of April, with prices peaking at 3,068 per gram.
- During the course of the next few days, the price of gold went up and down. On April 19, the price stood at Rs.3,057 per gram.
- The price of the precious metal remained stable for the next two days as the rupee appreciated, giving consumers the opportunity to buy more gold.
- As the month came to end, the prices dipped.There was a declining trend in the last month of April due to the French presidential election even as safe-haven demand continued in the wake of geopolitical tensions.
- However, despite this, the price of gold inclined on an overall basis by 0.66%.
Gold rate trend for Karnal in May 2017
- Gold traded on a high note on the first two days of the month. The price stood at Rs.3,011 per gram in Karnal from May 1 to 2. This was the highest price of gold during the course of the month.
- The gold price in Karnal dipped to Rs.2,982 per gram on May 3 due to bullish stocks and a rise in the US Dollar rate.
- Prices dwindled again on May 4, reaching Rs.2,952 per gram. The price was stable till May 7.
- As the Euro gained and Emmanuel Macron won the presidential election in France the price of gold fell to Rs.2,942 per gram.
- Prices dwindled down in the next few days, reaching Rs.2,918 per gram on May 11. This was the lowest in the month and the price remained the same till May 15.
- On May 16, the price of gold went up to Rs.2,923 per gram as the US Dollar rate fell, adding to this was weak US manufacturing data. Prices continuously increased and reached Rs.2,991 per gram on May 18.
- However, the price came down again on May 19 to Rs.2,977 per gram as the US dollar gained and geopolitical tensions surrounding the US President Donald Trump prevailed.
- The price remained stable at Rs.2,977 per gram till May 25. This trend is attributed to the bullish trends in the Asian stock market, the blast in Manchester and other geopolitical developments.
- During the last week, the price rose to Rs.2,992 per gram. The price stood like this from May 26 to May 30.
- In Karnal, there was an overall decline in the price of gold by -0.63% in May.
Gold rate trend for Karnal in June 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.3,012 per gram on the first day on the month. The price remained the same on June 2.
- The price of gold inched up on June 3 to 3,022 per gram in Karnal due to the weakening of the US Dollar and the Asian stock markets.
- The price of gold reached its highest in the month at Rs.3,057 per gram on 7 June as demand rose during the first week of June.
- The price of gold went down to Rs.3,017 per gram on June 9 and further dwindled to Rs.3,007 per gram on June 10. The price remained the same till June 15.
- Post June 15, prices came down as many traders found it difficult to import gold to the forthcoming introduction of a new tax regime.
- Towards June 19, the price of gold further went down and stood at Rs.2,982 per gram due to US economic data figured which were lesser than expectations.
- The price of gold reached its lowest in the month to Rs.2,972 per gram on 27 June.
- Overall, there was a decline in the price of gold in June by -0.66%.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,844 per gram||Rs.2,978 per gram||Rs.3,009 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,958 per gram||Rs.3,020 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,979 per gram on 24th and 25th of January||Rs.3,031 per gram from 25th February to||Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,844 per gram from 1st January to 3rd February||Rs.2,957 per gram from 4th February to 6th February||Rs.2,950 per gram on 15th March|
Gold Rate Trend for Karnal in January 2017
- On the 1st of January, gold opened at Rs.2,844 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the 3rd of the month.
- Thanks to healthy market cues, the rate of gold went up marginally to trade at Rs.2,855 per gram before rising even further to trade at Rs.2,866 per gram from the 5th of January to the 9th.
- Thanks to an increase in the demand for this metal, as the third week of January progressed, the rate of gold continued to rise with marginal fluctuations.
- On the 24th of January, gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram which was the highest at which gold traded at for the month.
- This rate was noted on the 25th of January as well.
- At the end of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,958 per gram, recording a rise of 4% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Karnal in February 2017
- Gold traded at Rs.2,978 per gram on the 1st of February and was steady at this rate until the 3rd of February.
- However, on the 4th of the month, the rate of gold reduced due to a fall in the demand for this metal.
- This rate was steady until the 6th of February post which the rate of gold increased again.
- Due to sustained demand noted in both domestic as well as international markets, the rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 8th of February and stayed at this rate until the 10th of February before declining again.
- This precious metal was steady at Rs.2,999 per gram from the 18th of February to the 24th of February due to steady demand.
- Gold closed the month of February in Karnal by trading at Rs.3,020 per gram recording an incline of 1.41% in the rate of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Karnal in March 2017
- This precious metal traded at Rs.3,009 per gram on the 1st of March and stayed at this rate until the 2nd as well
- However, the rate of gold reduced the next day to trade at Rs.2,990 per gram and stayed steady at this rate until the 6th before reducing again.
- Due to the impact of the Dutch elections as well as the U.S. Fed’s decision regarding the rate of interest, the price of gold plunged to a monthly low of Rs.2,950 per gram on the 15th of March.
- A marginal recovery was noted in the rate of gold hereafter however.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,003 per gram from the 22nd of March till the 23rd before falling to Rs.2,993 per gram on the 24th of March. Gold was steady at this rate until the 26th after which, due to a high demand for this metal, increased to trade at Rs.3,003 per gram from the 27th of March till the 30th of March.
- As the month came to an end, gold traded at Rs.2,991 per gram recording a decline of 0.59% in the price of gold.
|1st day||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,099 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,844 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,205 per gram from 1st to 4th||Rs.3,213 per gram on 5th and 6th||Rs.2,893 per gram on 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,088 per gram from 8th to 25th||Rs.2,929 per gram from 25th to 27th||Rs.2,800 per gram from 23rd to 28th|
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for October 2016
- In October, Karnal seemed to enjoy quite a good period with regards to gold rates as there wasn’t too many fluctuations.
- The 1st began with gold prices standing at Rs.3,205 per gram, the highest rate for the month.
- However, prices went down to Rs.3,119 per gram - as a decrease of Rs.86 per gram was seen within a span of 3 days.
- Prices seemed to go down again on 6th As prices hit Rs.3,088 per gram and remained much the same till the 25th of the month.
- The last week of October saw prices increase to Rs.3,099 per gram and continued at the same rate till the end of the month.
- Overall, gold price trends in Karnal saw a change of -3.307% for the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for November 2016
- November began in Karnal with gold trading at Rs.3,099 per gram and increased during the subsequent days as global demand soared.
- However, the increase during the first week seemed to be a red herring of sorts as the second week began with the government cancelling Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes.
- Prices seemed to soar for the first few days as people began buying more gold and hence hit the highest rate of Rs.3,213 per gram during the 5th and 6th.
- The government made PAN card compulsory for heavy gold purchases, which again led to demand crashing down for much of the month.
- As the month drew to a close, gold prices seemed to pick up slightly but couldn’t hit a positive note as cash flow issues came in the way.
- For the second month in a row, gold prices seemed to be on a decline.
- All in all, Karnal saw gold rates change by a massive -5.09%.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal for December 2016
- The final month of the quarter and year was better for gold rates as the decline wasn’t as bad as it was during the previous two months.
- Demonetisation still seemed to be stopping gold sales as cash liquidity issued dogged the entire nation.
- The 1st of the month began with gold trending at Rs.2,893 per gram and decreased to hit Rs.2,864 by the 10th.
- Prices seemed to go further down over the next 10 days as gold was trading at Rs.2,822 per gram around the 20th.
- Although Christmas didn’t bring any positive sales, New Year seemed to create a bit of magic as gold prices increased.
- Overall, Karnal saw a gold rate changed by -1.69% in December.
- On average, gold prices seemed to change by -3.36% for the quarter between October and December.
|1st day||Rs.3,167 per gram||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,219 per gram||Rs.3,205 per gram||Rs.3,217 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,227 per gram from 7th to 9th July||Rs.3,248 per gram on 4th August and 10th August||Rs.3,228 per gram from 7th September to 12th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,205 per gram from 26th to 31st August||Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
Gold Rate Trend of Karnal in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,167 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose slightly on the 2nd and remained stable at Rs.3,203 until the 4th after which fluctuations were recorded over the next two days.
- Prices remained constant at Rs.3,227 from the 7th to the 9th of the month thanks to firming trends making it the highest rate in July.
- Consistent declines over the next three days saw prices drop and remain stable at Rs.3,199 between the 13th and 21st of July.
- Prices rose gradually until the end of July and the precious metal closed the month at Rs.3,249 per gram.
- The overall increase in price over the course of the month was 1.64%.
Gold Rate Trend of Karnal in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,219 and remained stable until the 3rd of the month.
- Fluctuations over the next three days saw prices settle at Rs.3,206 on the 6th, remaining constant until the 9th.
- Fluctuations ensued over the next week before gaining stability at Rs.3,238 from the 18th to the 24th.
- Declines on the next two days as well meant that prices would settle at Rs.3,205 from the 26th to the 31st of August.
- Overall, prices declined by 0.43% between the start and end of August.
Gold rate trend of Karnal in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,184 per gram on 1st and 2nd September, which was the lowest rate for this month.
- Prices rose and remained constant from 3rd to 5th September at Rs.3,195.
- Prices fell consistently during September and remained stable for short periods before fluctuating again.
- Prices remained constant from the 22nd until the 28th at Rs.3,227 and closed September at Rs.3,217 per gram.
|1st day||Rs. 2,943 per gram||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,119 per gram||Rs. 2,960 per gram||Rs.3,167 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,119 per gram on 30th April, 2016||Rs. 3,120 per gram from 7th-9th May, 2016||Rs.3,182 per gram on 28th and 29th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,943 per gram from 1st-4th April, 2016||Rs. 2,960 per gram from 28th-31st May, 2016||Rs.2,950 per gram from 2nd June to 5th June|
|Trend||Prices rose marginally||Prices fell||Rising|
|Change||+5.98% increase||- 5.09% decrease||+7.86%|
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal in April 2016
- April saw a marginal increase at the start of the month compared to the previous month with gold trading at Rs. 2,943.
- Demand soared with rates increasing after the jeweller’s strike was called off.
- Prices fluctuated through the month with demand dropping internationally.
- Rates finally increased again marking an overall increase of 5.98% for the month with gold trading at Rs. 3,119 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal in May 2016
- Continuing the trend from April, going into May, gold traded at the same steady rate of Rs. 3,119 per gram.
- Gold rates seemed spooked by the increased speculation of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Rates dropped with a declining trend continuing through the month.
- Domestic demand was not able to cover the global market trends.
- The month closed with gold trading at Rs. 2,960, a decline of 5.09%.
Gold Rate Trend of Karnal in June 2016
- A steady increase in gold prices was recorded in the month of June thanks to stronger overseas trends in addition to increase in industrial demand.
- Despite marginal declines on certain days of the month, the value of the precious metal increased consistently as the month progressed, and the highest rate in June was recorded on the 28th and 29th when prices soared to Rs.3,182.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.176.
|1st day||Rs. 2,585 per gram||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,030 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,756 per gram||Rs. 3,037 per gram||Rs. 2,948 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,772 per gram on 28th January||Rs. 3,049 per gram on 26th February||Rs. 3,030 per gram from 1st to 14th March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,580 per gram from 2nd to 4th January||Rs. 2,756 per gram on 1st February||Rs. 2,940 per gram from 15th to 17th March|
|Trend||Prices Increased||Prices Increased||Prices Decreased|
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal in January 2016
- Gold rates were at Rs. 2,585 for a gram on January 1st, 2016.
- Increase in demand by jewellers in the domestic market set a trend of incline in the second week.
- With the wedding season blooming, demand increased further raising gold prices.
- The last week of January saw a slight decline with prices dropping to Rs. 2,756 per gram
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal in February 2016
- February gold rates started at Rs. 2,756.
- Due to global demand, prices remained relatively steady.
- Rates increased marking the highest at Rs. 3,049 per gram on 26th February.
- The overall increase for the month was 10.29% indicating a growing trend and increased demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Karnal in March 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,030 at the start of the month, and stayed steady for two weeks.
- Demand fell nationwide due to the jewellers’ strike which lasted a month.
- The constant prices can be attributed to the strike.
- The final week of March saw a declining trend ending at Rs. 2,948 per gram.
Gold demand in Karnal
There are no reliable figures available to tell us the quantum of demand for gold in Karnal. However, a quick look at the gold jewellery showrooms in the city reveals that the appetite for gold in Karnal is high. National brands such as Tanishq and Gitanjali have their outlets in Karnal. Apart from them, there are over 50 medium-to-small jewellers running brisk business in the city. Since Karnal city is the district headquarters, people from the rural areas and the nearby towns also flock to the city to buy their ornaments.
Gold investment in Karnal
The people of Karnal invest in gold in two major forms:
Over-the-counter: An average Indian’s idea of investment in gold is to buy jewellery and sell it off or pawn it for loans when in need of money. Karnal is no different from other cities in following this trend. The number of jewellers and pawnbrokers in the city cater to this trend.
Market trade: Other gold-related investment options such as gold coins and bars, gold exchange traded funds (Gold ETF), e-gold and sovereign gold bonds are also exercised by the people of Karnal. These modes may not be popular yet, but those trading in stocks and bonds are slowly becoming favourable towards paper gold.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Haryana
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Karnal
|Gold Rate In Chandigarh||Gold Rate In Gurgaon||Gold Rate In Faridabad|
|Gold Rate In Ambala||Gold Rate In Hisar||Gold Rate In Delhi|
Read more on Gold
- Significance Of Gold In Indian Culture
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- India Set To Receive Country's First Physical Gold Exchange
- Gold Prices in 2016