*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Home to one of the biggest banana plantations in the world, the city of Jalgaon was quick to embrace the development and growth offered by planned industrialisation. Modern Jalgaon has excellent educational institutions and hospitals, and a fast expanding residential suburb – the result of a rising construction boom in the city. All this growth and development has led to the residents of this city viewing gold in a way their ancestors didn’t – as an investment instead of just as jewellery or as a measure of success and prosperity.
Gold jewellers in Jalgaon are highly sought after for their skill, and people from all over the country prefer purchasing gold from the generations-old jewellers and jewellery shops in Jalgaon, despite the slightly higher prices.
Gold rate in Jalgaon
The base gold rate fluctuates and varies from time to time based on many factors like international market trends, interest rate fluctuations from international Reserve banks, etc. The base price of gold also depends on the purity of the gold in question.
24 karat gold: The most pure form of gold that can be physically traded is 24 karat gold of 99.9% purity. Since completely pure gold of this karat rating is usually brittle and soft, it isn’t preferred by jewellers for their craft. This type of gold is usually traded as bullion or coins, and held as investments to gain value over time. It is the most valuable form of gold that can be commercially traded on a large scale. Currently, the price for 10 grams of 24 karat gold in Jalgaon is Rs.29,760 (as on 11th March, 2016). Over the last week, the gold rate has risen and dipped marginally, as it was Rs.29,500 on the 2nd of March, Rs.29,900 on the 5th, and dipped down to Rs.29,690 on the 10th before settling at Rs.29,760 on the 11th.
22 karat gold: This is the most valuable gold that’s used for making jewellery, etc. This grade of gold has a lower purity rating, as it is purposefully mixed with other metals and “impurities” to increase its strength and make it useful for crafting jewellery, etc. Goldsmiths and jewellers, etc. use 22 karat, 18 karat and 14 karat gold for making jewellery, but 22 karat is the highest in value among these and the most beautiful to behold in the form of ornate jewellery. Currently, the price for 10 grams of 22 karat gold in Jalgaon is Rs.27,820 (as on 11th March, 2016).
Gold Rate Trend in Jalgaon for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.3,038 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,003 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,154 per gram on 31st of April||Rs. 3,155 per gram on 7th to 11th of May||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,989 per gram on 1st to 11th April||Rs. 3,003 per gram on the 30th and 31st of May||Rs.3,015 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in April 2016
- For the first eleven days of April, Gold traded at Rs. 2,989, the lowest of the month.
- Prices increased steadily but declined again on 23rd April to 28th April.
- It then rose to Rs. 3,154 marking a 5.52% increase in the prices for the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in May 2016
- Gold rates started at Rs. 3,154 on the 1st of May.
- It dipped slightly but picked up again on May 7th at Rs. 3,155. It stayed constant till May 11th and declined again.
- There were fluctuations in the gold prices in May every few days, but the rates declined by the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in June 2016
- Price of gold fluctuated throughout the month of June in Jalgaon with rates increasing towards the end of the month.
- Gold opened at Rs.3,038 per gram on the 1st and declined on the 3rd to the lowest rate of the month.
- Britain’s exit from the European Union contributed to an increase in prices as investors rushed to purchase this precious metal after this event.
- A rise of 7.37% was noted in the rate of gold towards the end of the month as compared to the beginning.
Gold Rate Trend in Jalgaon for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,436 per gram||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,599 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram||Rs. 2,989 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,612 per gram on January 27th and 28th||Rs. 3,068 per gram on February 27th – 29th||Rs. 3,093 per gram from March 12th to 17th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,436 per gram from January 1st - 3rd||Rs. 2,755 per gram on February 1st and 2nd||Rs. 2,989 per gram on March 22nd – 31st|
|Change||+ 6.69%||+ 10.55%||- 2.57%|
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,436 per gram on the 1st of January and remained the same for the next three days
- Gold hit the highest rate for January on 27th at Rs. 2,612 per gram.
- However, it declined again and gold traded at Rs. 2,599 per gram at the end of the month
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in February 2016
- Gold remained unchanged at Rs. 2,755 per gram on 1st and 2nd of February as a result of no changes in demand.
- Gold shot up to Rs. 3,068 per gram on the 27thof February and remained constant till the end of the month.
- The month of February witnessed a steady incline in the gold rates starting at Rs. 2,755 and ending at Rs. 3,068.
Gold Rate Trend of Jalgaon in March 2016
- Gold rates remained at Rs. 3068 per gram from the beginning of the month till the 11th of March.
- This was followed by a rise in prices recording its highest for the month between 12th March to 17th March at Rs. 3,093.
- It then dropped by Rs. 60 for the next four days and continued the declining trend ending the month at Rs. 2,989.
Investment avenues for gold in Jalgaon
Investments in gold can be made in many different ways, the two most common are listed as under:
Market traded gold: Gold that’s traded in the form of E-gold or Gold ETFs rarely involves the investor making any physical contact with real gold, but instead allows him/her to trade representative certificates that are assigned to gold that’s stored in a secure location. These transactions are perfect for those diligent few who wish to profit off the fluctuating gold market, by buying low and selling high, or simply holding on to the gold itself. There is no risk of the physical gold being stolen in these cases, and E-gold and ETF transactions are highly secured online with the best encryption. The Mumbai Stock Exchange facilitates trading in Gold ETFs, and the National Spot Exchange allows investors to trade and hold E-gold.
Traditional physical gold: The old-fashioned way to buy gold – over the counter from a bank or a jeweller is more prominent in Jalgaon. Physical gold is rarely traded as a commodity, but instead bought and stored to be used on auspicious occasions or weddings, and as a determinant of the prosperity and wealth of the person holding the gold. Jalgaon jewellery shops are massive and very well appointed, made not only to cater to the residents of Jalgaon, but to the entire country – as the city attracts many people who wish to purchase gold ornaments made in a very specific style.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Maharashtra
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Jalgaon
|Gold Rate In Kolhapur||Gold Rate In Mumbai||Gold Rate In Nagpur||Gold Rate In Pune|
|Gold Rate In Aurangabad||Gold Rate In Thane||Gold Rate In Nashik||Gold Rate In Solapur|
|Gold Rate In Amravati||Gold Rate In Nanded||Gold Rate In Sangli||Gold Rate In Surat|
Read more on Gold
- Global Demand For Gold Driven By Indian Wedding Traditions
- Is Buying Gold a Good Investment in 2016
- Buying Gold In India Make Sure Its Real Gold
- How To Buy Gold Coins Bars Bullion Online
- Gold Rate Outlook for India in 2016