*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Thrissur
Thrissur, the former capital of the Cochin Kingdom is a thriving city with a population of over 1.9 million people. Popularly known as the cultural capital of Kerala, Thrissur has played a key role in the history of the state, being home to royalty and artists of high calibre. A home to entrepreneurs, it is one of the richest places in South India, and a major hub for jewellery manufacture, with it contributing to most of the gold consumed in the state. The city accounts for over 70% of overall jewellery made in Kerala, providing a livelihood to over 2 lakh people, either directly or indirectly. Given its connection with gold, one can be sure that it accounts for a huge portion of the gold purchased in the state, regardless of the gold rates.
Gold rates in Thrissur could be cheaper than the rates in other cities, on account of the manufacturing industry being here, but the cost of raw gold is primarily determined after taking international prices into account.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,077 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,255 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,229 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,113 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,229 per gram on 31 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,255 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,077 per gram on 1 and 2 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,113 per gram on 31 March|
Also Check Gold Price in Metro Cities
|Gold Rate Today In Bangalore||Today Gold Rate In Chennai||Today Gold Rate In Delhi|
|Today Gold Rate In Hyderabad||Today Gold Rate In Kolkata||Gold Rate Today In Mumbai|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,987 per gram||Rs.3,098 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,108 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram||Rs.3,092 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 5 November||Rs.3,108 per gram on 12 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,987 per gram on 1 October||Rs.2,977 per gram on 30 November||Rs.2,966 per gram on 1 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for October 2018:
- Gold prices in Thrissur opened at a weak Rs.3,987 per gram on 1 October but recovered as local retail demand rose on positive overseas cues.
- Uncertainty over the impact of Brexit on markets led to increased reliance on safe-haven gold among investors, though the high dollar rate capped local gains.
- Industrial demand was weak due to reduced offtake from China owing to the impact of U.S.-imposed trade tariffs but steady demand from jewellers kept prices stable.
- Gold surged to Rs.3,119 per gram on 25 October on festive demand before settling at Rs.3,108 per gram on 30 October and recording a rise in price of 4.05% during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for November 2018:
- Festivals such as Diwali failed to boost gold rates in Thrissur as poor overseas cues and an overall decline in demand brought prices down from a strong start of Rs.3,098 per gram on 1 November.
- A weak rupee and steadily falling industrial demand exerted pressure on gold prices as the metal dropped steadily after a brief rise to Rs.3,113 per gram on 5 November.
- Investors were also wary of increasing gold buys as a strong dollar and possible interest rate hikes reduced the metal’s safe-haven appeal despite fluctuating equity markets.
- Plunging gold rates continued throughout the month as the metal traded at Rs.2,977 per gram on 30 November and recorded a loss in value of 3.90% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for December 2018:
- Gold’s fortunes were reversed as rising local retail demand negated poor industrial demand as the metal traded at Rs.2,966 per gram when trading opened on 1 December.
- Jewellers increased orders ahead of the wedding season as a strengthening rupee shored up gold rates in Thrissur, with the metal trading at Rs.3,108 per gram on 12 December.
- Fluctuating overseas demand led to some setbacks but gold bounced back as markets plummeted over the Brexit deadlock and the partial U.S. government shutdown.
- Demand remained steady locally despite a rise in the dollar rate as retail sales were high, as gold closed the month at Rs.3,092 per gram on 31 December to record a 4.24% rise in value over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,951 per gram||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,903 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.2,987 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,993 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,966 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,014 per gram on 20, 21, 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July||Rs.2,877 per gram on 4 August||Rs.2,945 per gram on 5 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for July 2018
- The precious metal traded at Rs.3,059 per gram when trading commenced on 1 July. The demand for the metal from domestic markets during the beginning of the month was steady amid poor market trends overseas.
- On 11 July, as the demand for the metal further increased and the value of the US dollar was on the decline. Gold rates in Thrissur surged and recorded the highest gold rate for the month. On this day, the precious metal traded at Rs.2,993 per gram.
- However, in the following days, the demand for gold in Thrissur dropped significantly as investors did not prefer safe-haven assets due to political conditions.
- Gold closed at Rs.2,903 per gram on 31 July. This was also the lowest gold rate recorded for the month of July in Thrissur.
- Gold rates in Thrissur fell by 1.62% for the month of July.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for August 2018
- Gold continued to trade at Rs.2,903 per gram when trading for the metal commenced on 01 August. As the demand for the metal was steady, gold rates remained unaffected on the first day of the month.
- During the first week of the month, the value of the US dollar strengthened. This affected gold rates in Thrissur negatively.
- On 4 August, the gold rate hit a monthly low, when the metal traded at Rs.2,877 per gram.
- However, as the demand for the precious metal increased, gold rates inclined in the following weeks.
- During the last few days of the month, gold rates surged due to positive market trends overseas. The highest gold rate for the month was recorded on 31 August when the metal traded at Rs.2,966 per gram.
- Overall, gold rates in Thrissur inclined by 2.17% in August.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for September 2018
- Gold prices opened at Rs.2,956 per gram with local demand being poor as the falling rupee made retail gold more expensive.
- Industrial demand was also muted as Asian offtake slowed down due to the continued impact of U.S. tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,014 per gram on 20 and 21 September as local demand spiked, but volatile markets capped gains.
- The end of the month saw gold rates in Thrissur close at Rs.2,987 per gram to record a marginal increase in price by 1.04%.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,966 per gram||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,050 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,972 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,056 per gram on 20-21 & 25-26 April||Rs.3,071 per gram on 14 & 15 May||Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,966 per gram from 1 – 3 April||Rs.3,019 per gram on 17 & 18 May||Rs.2,972 per gram on 30 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for April 2018
- The gold rate in Thrissur as April began was steady, with the metal opening at Rs.2,966 per gram as industrial demand kept pace with the previous month.
- The steady rise of the dollar coupled with a drop in retail demand affected local gold prices, though international demand was on track.
- Frequent fluctuations across equity markets rattled investors, who looked to gold as a safe-haven, sending prices up to Rs.3,056 per gram on 20 and 21 April.
- The fear of a trade war due to escalating tensions between the U.S. and China did not impact gold prices much, as the metal fell to Rs.3,050 per gram on 30 April.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for May 2018
- Gold prices in Thrissur opened at a steady Rs.3,050 per gram as May began, but fell gradually due to declining demand for gold and other market factors.
- The approaching summit between the North Korean and U.S. leaders led to positive sentiment towards the dollar, which led to a decline in interest in gold.
- Prices were also affected by reducing retail demand after the end of the festive season, which led to a steep fall in imports.
- Gold fell to its lowest rate for the month on 19 May, trading at Rs.3,019 per gram after a sharp rise in the dollar rate.
- Demand for the yellow metal was weak for the rest of the month, but fluctuating equity market fortunes led to gold rising to Rs.3,040 per gram on 31 May.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for June 2018
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,040 per gram as the metal enjoyed a favourable run due to market uncertainty over the upcoming U.S.-North Korea summit.
- As the dollar continued to rise in spite of turbulent markets, demand for gold fell domestically due to the high import cost.
- The success of the summit further bolstered the dollar, as equity markets continued to be unstable due to trade war fears.
- Gold prices traded mostly static, as industrial demand from Asia was affected by the impending tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Demand fell sharply as the month drew to a close on news of positive U.S. employment data, resulting in gold closing at Rs.2,972 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,924 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,956 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,940 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.2,966 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,015 per gram on 25 January||Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February||Rs.3,008 per gram on 28 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,909 per gram on 5 January||Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February||Rs.2,945 per gram from 16-19 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for January 2018:
- Trading commenced in Thrissur with gold priced at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 1st of January.
- With the US dollar strengthening amid the well-performing equity markets, gold rate in Thrissur plunged to Rs.2,909 per gram on the 5th following a decline in domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries.
- Gold rates fluctuated over the next couple of weeks with demand vagaries brought about by uneven US dollar performances coupled with unsteady equity returns.
- Gold rates in Thrissur hit their highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.3,015 per gram on the 25th after investors banked on the safe-haven asset to hedge against inflation concerns in the US.
- The month ended with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,940 per gram on the 31st as the bullion lost against the recovering dollar ahead of the US Federal Reserve monetary policy meeting.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for February 2018:
- The month began with the precious metal prices holding at Rs.2,961 per gram on the 1st after a decline in the US dollar following the central bank meeting resulted in an increased investor demand for the metal.
- However, with the US greenback recovering from its previous streak of losses, demand for the metal plunged. This led to gold prices plunging to Rs.2,919 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 12th.
- Poor trends overseas coupled with reduced domestic demand led to gold prices remaining untouched at Rs.2,919 per gram until the 12th.
- An increase in industrial orders over the next week coupled with the weakening dollar index led to gold prices surging to Rs.2,993 per gram on the 19th.
- When trading concluded for the month, gold prices in Thrissur was recorded trading at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 28th.
- The district of Thrissur registered a loss of 0.16% in bullion trade on the account of the week global cues that pushed demand lower for the metal during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for March 2018:
- Gold opened the week at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 1st with domestic markets tracking a firm trend overseas.
- The next couple of weeks saw gold rates remaining on the positive side with the bullion rising on the back of the weakened US dollar.
- However, with the US dollar recovering from its previous losses after the US employment data indicated an increase in the number of jobs contributing to the nation’s economy, gold rates plunged to Rs.2,945 per gram on the 16th.
- Gold price in Thrissur remained untouched at Rs.2,945 per gram until the 19th with poor demand from local jewellers and retailers.
- Demand seemed to pick up over the next week with the dollar losing its sheen amid the losing equity markets. This led to gold prices surging to its highest monthly figure of Rs.3,008 per gram on the 28th.
- The month came to an end with the yellow metal prices holding at Rs.2,966 per gram on the last day on account of subdued but steady demand for the bullion.
- Gold rates in Thrissur surged by 0.33% owing to firm trends overseas that pushed demand higher during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,921 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,937 per gram||Rs.2,909 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,977 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.2,986 per gram 18 to 22 November||Rs.2,931 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,931 per gram on 27 October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 5 November||Rs.2,786 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for October 2017:
- When trading commenced for the final quarter, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on the 1st of October.
- Thrissur witnessed gold rates decline during the initial week due to a decline in domestic demand despite the imminent arrival of major festivals during the month and gold was priced at Rs.2,942 per gram on the 7th.
- The second week, however, saw gold price in Thrissur surging with the US dollar losing against other emerging currencies amid tensions rising between the US and North Korea. The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on the 12th.
- Thanks to an increase in demand by local jewellers, retailers and industries amid the positive trend overseas, gold rates surged to Rs.2,989 per gram on the 17th.
- The high demand couldn’t keep up with the strengthening US dollar as the month progressed. This led to gold prices plunging to Rs.2,952 per gram on the 28th.
- The poor trend overseas coupled with reduced domestic demand led to rates declining to Rs.2,942 per gram on the 31st.
- Thrissur recorded a decline of 0.40% in gold prices owing to the poor global cues that pushed demand lower during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for November 2017:
- The month began with gold in Thrissur holding steady at Rs.2,942 per gram following a firm trend from the previous month.
- Gold price in Thrissur plunged to Rs.2,932 per gram on the 4th with the US dollar gaining against other apex currencies.
- Demand, however, picked during the second week with Middle East crisis pushing demand higher for safe-haven assets such as gold. This led gold rates rebounding to Rs.2,941 per gram on the 7th.
- Gold rate in Thrissur surged to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 18th owing to an increased offtake from industries amid the weakened US dollar and weakly performing equities.
- However, with the US greenback regaining lost ground during the month, gold prices dropped to Rs.2,955 per gram on the 23rd.
- The month concluded with the bullion priced at Rs.2,937 per gram on the 31st amid the poor trends overseas.
- Thrissur saw gold rates declining at 0.16% with the US dollar strengthening during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for December 2017:
- The month of December began in Thrissur with gold priced at Rs.2,921 per gram on the 1st with the metal losing ground after the US economic data release.
- Gold rates in Thrissur fluctuated considerably during the first week with the US dollar rates varying amid conflicting opinions in the US Senate.
- On the 8th, the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,877 per gram before plummeting to Rs.2,862 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 9th amid the poor trend overseas.
- Prices declined as the month progressed and the bullion was recorded trading at Rs.2,816 per gram on the 16th.
- The decline in prices was due to the approval of the Republican tax bill by the US Senate and also the US Federal Reserve’s decision to raise its benchmark interest rates during the month.
- Prices, however, picked up towards the end of the month with investors mulled over the ultimate impact of the US tax bill on the county’s economic growth. The precious metal was priced at Rs.2,858 per gram on the 24th.
- The final week of the quarter saw gold rates rise significantly with international prices hitting one-month high figures amid the weakening dollar. On the 29th, gold rates were recorded at Rs.2,909 per gram and remained untouched at the same rate for the rest of the month.
- Gold rates in Thrissur declined at 0.41% owing to the reduced domestic demand compounded by the poor global cues during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,930 per gram||Rs.2,882 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,872 per gram||Rs.2,941 per gram||Rs.2,954 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 3-5 July||Rs.2,958 per gram on 30 August||Rs.3,038 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,840 per gram from 5 to 7 August||Rs.2,941 per gram from 1-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Thrissur for July 2017
- The month of July commenced with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,930 per gram on the 1st.
- The 3rd witnessed gold rates touching the highest recorded monthly figure of Rs.2,970 per gram, courtesy of an increased demand from local jewellers and industries.
- However, gold price in Thrissur plunged to Rs.2,900 per gram on the 8th, as local demand remained low despite the positive trends worldwide.
- Domestic demand took a hit the introduction of the newly approved 3% GST, and the precious metal was trading at Rs.2,796 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 14th.
- Global markets tanked with the US and North Korea going against each other. This led to an increase in demand for safe-haven assets like gold, and the metal was priced at Rs.2,860 per gram on the 27th.
- with the US dollar hitting a 13-month low on the 31st, the US economy was sent crashing. This led to gold rates in Thrissur surging further to Rs.2,872 per gram in Thrissur.
- Gold rates declined at 1.97% during the month, owing to a poor domestic demand compounded by the introduction of GST.
Gold rate trend in Thrissur for August 2017
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,882 per gram, when the month began.
- The 5th witnessed gold rates in Thrissur plunging to Rs.2,840 per gram with the possibility of a new Fed rate hike pushing the dollar higher.
- The bullion trade flourished for much of the month with the US-North Korean stand-off taking centre-stage. This led to an increase in safe-haven investments around the world, and the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,924 per gram on the 11th.
- The bullion was trading at Rs.2,958 per gram on the 30th, thanks to an improved domestic demand coupled with strong global trends.
- When the month came to an end, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 31st, and marking an increase 0f 2.04% in gold rate trends in Thrissur.
Gold rate trends in Thrissur for September 2017
- The precious metal was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram, when trading commenced for the month of September in Thrissur.
- An official statement by the Kim Jong-Un regime on their most powerful two-stage thermonuclear weapon test sent global markets crashing. This led to an increase in demand for safe-haven assets like gold and the yellow metal was priced as high as Rs.3,038 per gram on the 9th.
- With the US economy recovering from the initial shock coupled with firm equities market and stronger dollar values, priced declined to Rs.2,961 per gram on the 21st.
- Rates, however, improved with the arrival of the festive season pushing demand higher for the metal. This led to gold trading at Rs.2,975 per gram on the 27th.
- When the month concluded, gold rate in Thrissur had declined to Rs.2,954 per gram with the dollar gaining against other major emerging currencies.
- Gold prices recorded a profit of 0.44% during the month, owing to strong global cues coupled with an improved global, as well as, local demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,935 per gram||Rs.2,915 per gram||Rs.2,930 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 22 April and 23 April||Rs.2,935 per gram on 1 May and 2 May||Rs.2,945 per gram from 7 June to 12 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,930 per gram from 8 April to 10 April||Rs.2,865 per gram from 11 May to 16 May||Rs.2,800 per gram on 23 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for April 2017
- Gold rates in Thrissur began the month of April on a high, thanks to a drop in US dollar’s exchange rate.
- On the 1st of April, gold was trading at Rs.2,920 per gram.
- As the US market performance was prevalent for much of April’s first week, gold prices saw a considerable increase - with the metal trading as high as Rs.2,950 per gram on the 7th.
- Prices, however, declined to Rs.2,930 per gram on the 9th as the US dollar seemed to strengthen, thereby affecting the trading prices locally.
- The fall in prices didn’t last long as major geopolitical issues involving the US, Syria, and North Korea took hold of the market.
- Due to the aforementioned issue, prices went up to Rs.2,965 per gram on the 12th and went up by Rs.10 the next day to trade at Rs.2,975 per gram.
- Rupee rose by almost 6%, while gold prices increased by 12% during the year, which led to a the metal trading at a cheaper rate in the city.
- Gold prices reached their highest on the 22nd and the 23rd when it was trading at Rs.3,000, thanks to a steadily appreciating rupee.
- Demand for the metal fell towards the last few days of the month, which led to gold ending at Rs.2,935 per gram.
- Despite some falls during the latter half of April, gold prices increased by 0.51% for the month owing to some global and domestic factors.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for May 2017
- The first half of May was relatively sluggish with regards to gold trading prices as several markets flourished, while the US dollar also strengthened.
- On the 1st of May, gold was priced at Rs.2,935 per gram and went further down to Rs.2,855 per gram on the 4th as a result of this.
- Prices fell during the second and third week of May, meanwhile nearing 10-month lows in the international market.
- By the end of the 17th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.2,875 per gram but thanks to a drop in Asian markets, gold prices increased to Rs.2,915 per gram on the 18th.
- Rates remained in the sub-2,900 range and shuffled between Rs.2,915 per gram and 2,925 per gram during from the 23rd to the end of the month.
- On the last days of the month, gold was trading at Rs.2,915 per gram.
- Though there was consistent demand towards the end of May, gold price trends fell by 0.68% in Thrissur.
Gold Price Trend in Thrissur for June 2017
- Gold prices reached a monthly high in the international market at the beginning of the month. However, the same wasn’t reflected in local trading sessions.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,915 per gram but increased as geopolitical concerns regarding North Korea and Syria led to the US markets underperforming.
- By the 8th of the month, gold prices had gone up to Rs.2,945 per gram buoyed by a weak dollar and a strong local demand.
- Rates recorded from the 7th to the 12th, i.e., Rs.2,945 per gram was the highest for the month.
- As the US dollar strengthened, gold prices consolidated towards the second half of the month.
- When the month came to an end, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,930 per gram.
- Gold price trends went up by 0.51% in Thrissur during this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,815 per gram||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,945 per gram||Rs.2,960 per gram||Rs.2,920 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,970 per gram from 23rd to 26th January||Rs.2,960 per gram from 18th to 28th||Rs.2,960 per gram from 1st to 13th March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,815 per gram from 1st to 3rd January||Rs.2,945 per gram from 1st to 17th||Rs.2,890 per gram from 14th to 21st March|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for January 2017:
- Like other cities in Kerala, Thrissur too saw gold prices increase over the course of January 2017.
- As cash became more readily available in the system, and with the arrival of several South Indian festivals, gold prices seemed to increase over the first two weeks.
- In Thrissur, January began with the lowest gold price for the entire month - Rs.2,815 per gram - which signaled a positive growth.
- Rates, however, fluctuated over the first week as some market factors seemed to bring gold rates down.
- After some falls, gold prices went up to Rs.2,880 per gram by the 10th and again went up to Rs.2,950 as 20th drew to an end.
- Prices seemed to fluctuate again over the last 10 days, despite which gold reached its highest rate for the month i.e., Rs.2,970 per gram on 23rd and 26th respectively.
- January in Thrissur saw gold prices increase by 4.61%.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for February 2017:
- February, in Thrissur, began with gold trading at Rs.2,945 per gram.
- As there was no apparent change in demand, gold prices seemed to continue at the same rate till the 17th of the month,
- This month, despite witnessing a positive growth, saw prices fall slightly over the course of the 28 days.
- The rates, as seen from 1st to the 17th, were the lowest gold prices for the month.
- On 18th, gold prices rose up to Rs.2,960 per gram and remained unchanged till the end of the month on 28th.
- Compared to January’s price trends, February saw gold prices increase by 0.50%
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for March 2017:
- March was a terrible period for bullion trading for non-US currencies in the world.
- This was because the Federal Reserve increased the interest rate on its lendings, which caused bullion investors to step away from any gold-related investments.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,960 per gram.
- Thrissur being one of the highest gold-consuming cities, didn’t see demand go down despite a slowdown everywhere else in the country.
- Prices remained unchanged till the 13th as there was not much of a change in demand.
- Overall, gold prices in Thrissur changed only a handful of times but those were enough to bring the price trends down.
- The Keralan city saw gold prices decline by 1.35% for the month of March.
Gold investment avenues in Thrissur
Investing in gold is a time tested tradition, with thousands of people purchasing it every year. Thrissur produces around 90 tonnes of gold jewellery every year, which makes it a major hub for gold lovers. Some of the popular modes to invest in gold in Thrissur are mentioned below.
Over-the-counter – Being a manufacturing hub, one can find a large number of options when it comes to buying gold in the city. Jewellers cater to different budgetary needs, offering a host of products in different designs. Gold bars and coins are other popular choices one can choose from, with banks also offering them.
Market trade – Market trade of gold hasn’t picked up in Thrissur, with most people choosing to buy it the traditional way. For the tech and market savvy resident, the Mumbai Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange provide an avenue to buy gold. E-gold, gold futures and ETFs are the options they can choose from.
The cost of gold in Thrissur changes periodically, with minor fluctuations witnessed on a regular basis. The amount an individual pays to purchase gold depends on the purity, with 18 or 22 karat gold being lighter on the pocket compared to 24 karat gold. The demand for gold also has an impact on prices, with low demand leading to lower rates while high demand leads to a rise in costs.
24 karat gold – 24 karat gold is perhaps the purest form of gold one can buy in Thrissur, with it being 99.9% pure gold. This purity makes it desirable as an investment source, offering individuals liquidity if they wish to sell it. Owing to its purity, it cannot be crafted into jewellery, which means that coins and bars are the only way to own it. Individuals looking to purchase 1 gram of 24 karat gold in Thrissur would end up paying Rs 2,974 (as of March 11, 2016), with prices expected to change over time. Looking at the last year, one can see that prices dropped in 2015, when a gram of 24 karat gold could’ve been purchased for as less as Rs 2,500. Since January 2016, prices have been on an upward climb and one can expect a further hike in rates.
22 karat gold – Containing 92% gold, 22 karat gold is a popular option when it comes to making jewellery. Given the fact that Thrissur is a major jewellery hub, most of the gold purchased or sold here is 22 karat. A gram of 22 karat gold costs Rs 2,780 in the city (as of March 11, 2016), closely following 24 karat rate trends. After a lull in 2015, prices have picked up, climbing by over Rs 400 in the first three months of 2016.
Also Check Petrol Price and Diesel Price in Thrissur
- Also Check: Gold Rate In Kerala
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Thrissur
|Gold Rate In Trivandrum||Gold Rate In Kochi||Gold Rate In Kozhikode|
|Gold Rate In Kannur||Gold Rate In Malappuram||Gold Rate In Coimbatore|
Read more on Gold
- Importance Of Gold In Kerala
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2019
- Gold Rate Trend In India
- How are Gold Rates Determined?