*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Tirunelveli which is also known as Nellai is a city located in South Indian state, Tamil Nadu. Tirunelveli is the sixth largest municipal corporation in Tamil Nadu. It is situated on the west bank of Thamirabarani river.The city is known to be the education hub of Southern Tamil Nadu.The city boasts of a very rich culture and also has several tourist attractions. Agriculture, Tourism, Banking and education services are some of the most popular industries in Tirunelveli. When it comes to commodities that also act as an investment, Gold is the most preferred option in Tirunelveli. Gold jewelry and other gold investments are quite popular in Tirunelveli.
Trend of Gold Rate in Tirunelveli for April 2018 to June 2018 (rates per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,072 per gram||Rs.3,114 per gram||Rs.3,100 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,123 per gram||Rs.3,122 per gram||Rs.3,059 per gram|
|Highest Rate||Rs.3,153 per gram on 19 April||Rs.3,213 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,127 per gram on 15 June|
|Lowest Rate||Rs.3,064 per gram on 6 April||Rs.3,103 per gram on 3 May||Rs.3,054 per gram on 24 June|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline||Incline||Decline|
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for April 2018
- The gold rate in Thrissur as April began was steady, with the metal opening at Rs.2,966 per gram as industrial demand kept pace with the previous month.
- The steady rise of the dollar coupled with a drop in retail demand affected local gold prices, though international demand was on track.
- Frequent fluctuations across equity markets rattled investors, who looked to gold as a safe-haven, sending prices up to Rs.3,056 per gram on 20 and 21 April.
- The fear of a trade war due to escalating tensions between the U.S. and China did not impact gold prices much, as the metal fell to Rs.3,050 per gram on 30 April.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for May 2018
- Gold prices in Thrissur opened at a steady Rs.3,050 per gram as May began, but fell gradually due to declining demand for gold and other market factors.
- The approaching summit between the North Korean and U.S. leaders led to positive sentiment towards the dollar, which led to a decline in interest in gold.
- Prices were also affected by reducing retail demand after the end of the festive season, which led to a steep fall in imports.
- Gold fell to its lowest rate for the month on 19 May, trading at Rs.3,019 per gram after a sharp rise in the dollar rate.
- Demand for the yellow metal was weak for the rest of the month, but fluctuating equity market fortunes led to gold rising to Rs.3,040 per gram on 31 May.
Gold Rate Trend in Thrissur for June 2018
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,040 per gram as the metal enjoyed a favourable run due to market uncertainty over the upcoming U.S.-North Korea summit.
- As the dollar continued to rise in spite of turbulent markets, demand for gold fell domestically due to the high import cost.
- The success of the summit further bolstered the dollar, as equity markets continued to be unstable due to trade war fears.
- Gold prices traded mostly static, as industrial demand from Asia was affected by the impending tariffs on Chinese goods.
- Demand fell sharply as the month drew to a close on news of positive U.S. employment data, resulting in gold closing at Rs.2,972 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,009 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.3,043 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,045 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.3,072 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,129 per gram on 25 January||Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February||Rs.3,105 per gram on 24 and 25 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,000 per gram on 4 January||Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February||Rs.3,030 per gram on 19 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for January 2018:
- Gold trade opened in Tirunelveli with bullion prices holding at Rs.3,009 per gram with demand held in check by the strengthening greenback and equity markets.
- Rates dropped to Rs.3,000 per kg - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 4th owing to poor domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries.
- The next week saw gold rates recovering as the dollar lost ground following the weaker-than-expected US jobs and payrolls’ report.
- With investors gravitating towards investments considered safer amid the rising inflation concerns, demand for the bullion surged further towards the end of the month.
- The precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,129 per gram on the 25th amid the strong trend overseas. This was also the highest figure gold achieved during the month.
- Trading concluded for the month with the yellow metal priced at Rs.3,045 per gram on the 31st with global demand stabilising amid the recovering US dollar.
- Strong market trends coupled with steady domestic demand led to gold rates in Tirunelveli rising by 1.19% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for February 2018:
- The month saw gold rates greatly influenced by the unevenly performing US dollar and inconsistent market trends globally.
- When the month began, gold prices were recorded holding at Rs.3,040 per gram after a rise in the US dollar led to demand dropping at the domestic level.
- Gold rates plunged to their lowest monthly figure of Rs.3,003 per gram on the 8th with domestic demand suppressed by the strong US dollar and equities.
- However, an increase in retail purchases on account of Valentine’s Day eve in the local market led to gold prices surging to Rs.3,103 per gram on the 14th.
- With the US dollar regaining lost ground against other apex currencies, gold demand in Tirunelveli declined towards the end of the month.
- The last saw the yellow metal prices holding at Rs.3,046 per gram on the 28th amid subdued but steady demand from local industries and coin manufacturers.
- Firm trend overseas compounded with positive local demand resulted in prices surging by 0.19% during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for March 2018:
- The month of March began with gold rates opening slightly lower at Rs.3,043 per gram on the 1st as the US dollar held on to its gains from the previous session.
- Poor market trends coupled with uneven dollar performances led to rates fluctuating during the next couple of weeks.
- The 19th recorded the lowest monthly figure of Rs.3,030 per gram with the US dollar rising on account of rising equity markets as Rex Tillerson, the US Secretary of State, was fired by the White House.
- Prices, however, improved over the next few days with gold demand rising amid the rising US-China trade war fears.
- On the 24th, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.3,105 per gram, thanks to strong safe-haven demand amid strong global cues. This was also the highest figure gold achieved during the month.
- Trading closed for the quarter with the bullion priced at Rs.3,072 per gram on the 31st with demand stabilising amid the recovering dollar and equities.
- Gold prices in Tirunelveli recorded an incline of 0.95% due to the strong geopolitical concerns pushing demand higher for the safe-haven metal during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,997 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October||Rs.3,030 per gram on 18 and 19 November||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,997 per gram on 6, 27, 30, and 31 October||Rs.2,974 per gram on 6 November||Rs.2,903 per gram on 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend In Tirunelveli For October 2017:
- The final quarter of the year began with the bullion trading at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 1st.
- With the possibility of an interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve during the quarter, the US dollar gained against a basket of other emerging currencies. This led to gold rate in Tirunelveli plunging to Rs.2,997 per gram on the 6th.
- However, with the KYC norms being made mandatory, an increase in demand brought about by strong buyer sentiments led to gold price in Tirunelveli rebounding to Rs.3,042 per gram on the 12th.
- Gold rates hit their highest for the month at Rs.3,059 per gram on the 14th amid the positive overseas trends that resulted in increased domestic demand from jewellers, industries and retailers.
- The US dollar, however, regained ground over the next few day amid stronger equities. This led to gold being priced at Rs.3,026 per gram on the 20th.
- With investors and traders speculating over the possibility of a Fed rate hike, gold rates plummeted to Rs.3,000 per gram on the 26th.
- The month ended with the bullion priced at Rs.2,997 per gram on the 31st with markets mulled over by the major central banks’ monetary policy meetings.
- Tirunelveli registered a loss of 1.41% in gold prices amid the poor global trends that pushed demand lower for the metal during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend In Tirunelveli For November 2017:
- Trading opened in Tirunelveli with the yellow metal priced at Rs.2,998 per gram on the 1st.
- Prices declined to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 4th after the strengthening US dollar coupled with firmer equities led to a decline in global demand for the metal.
- The 6th saw gold rate in Tirunelveli hitting their lowest at Rs.2,974 per gram before rising to Rs.2,995 per gram on the 7th amid the ongoing US-North Korean conflicts.
- On the 12th, gold was recorded trading at Rs.3,015 per gram with strong domestic demand for the metal brought about by strong global cues.
- Gold rate in Tirunelveli surged to Rs.3,031 per gram on the 18th with the US dollar losing ground against other major emerging currencies and equities performing poorly. This was also the highest recorded figure during the month.
- However, with the US dollar recovering from the previous weeks’ losses, gold prices plunged to Rs.3,012 per gram on the 24th.
- Prices began to decline towards the end of the month after Trump proposed the new US tax bill to overhaul the country’s present tax system at the US Senate.
- Trading concluded with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,992 per gram on the 30th. Gold rates in Tirunelveli registered an incline of 0.13% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend In Tirunelveli For December 2017:
- Gold trade in Tirunelveli opened with the bullion priced at Rs.2,982 per gram on the 1st amid the firm trend overseas.
- However, with the US dollar rates picking up after the approval of the biggest US tax reform plan to overhaul the country’s tax system in thirty years, demand for the yellow metal declined. This led to gold being priced at Rs.2,917 per gram on the 8th.
- The 13th witnessed gold rates hitting their lowest recorded monthly figure of Rs.2,903 per gram with the strengthening US dollar and firmer equities pushing demand lower for the metal.
- With investors speculating over the final result of the US tax reform bill on the US economy, the dollar lost its ground. This led to gold prices rebounding to Rs.2,956 per gram on the 23rd with strong demand from local jewellers, industries and retailers.
- On the 28th, the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,985 per gram with the strong trends overseas coupled with an increased demand for the metal pushing metal prices higher towards the end of the month.
- When trading closed for the month, the bullion was priced at Rs.3,015 per gram on the 31st with Tirunelveli registering a profit of 1.10% in gold trade during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,926 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,925 per gram||Rs.2,971 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,102 per gram from 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,899 per gram on 3 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Tirunelveli for July 2017
- The bullion prices in Tirunelveli were significantly affected with the introduction of GST in the country.
- Gold price in Tirunelveli was at Rs.2,950 per gram, when trading commenced in the city.
- Local demand plunged with the implementation of GST during the month, and the precious metal was trading as low as Rs.2,796 per gram on the 12th. This was also the lowest recorded monthly figure.
- Demand, however, picked up with the US-North Korean stand-off taking centre stage, and the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,925 per gram on the 31st.
- Gold rate trends in Tirunelveli registered a loss of 0.84% owing to the introduction of GST in the country pushing demand lower despite the positive global cues.
Gold rate trend in Tirunelveli for August 2017
- The month witnessed gold rates picking up as the bullion trade shook off the impact of GST in the country.
- When trading commenced, the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,926 per gram.
- The 3rd recorded the lowest monthly figure of Rs.2,899 per gram as demand declined with the dollar edging higher.
- With the dollar gaining against a basket of emerging currencies, global demand remained low for much of the month.
- However, prices surged to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 29th, as global demand picked up with the US-North Korean overseas relations worsening.
- When trading concluded, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,971 per gram on the 30th.
- Gold rates in Tirunelveli inclined at 1.51 % during the month, thanks to an increased global demand from industries worldwide.
Gold rate trend in Tirunelveli for September 2017
- Gold rates in Tirunelveli were largely influenced by the geopolitical concerns in the Korean peninsula and the United States, and the imminent arrival of Dussehra in the country.
- When trading commenced, gold was priced at Rs.2,995 per gram.
- With the diplomatic relations between the US and North Korea deteriorating, investors began gravitating towards investments considered safer like gold. This pushed demand higher for the metal, and gold was trading at Rs.3,102 per gram on the 8th.
- Gold rate in Tirunelveli fluctuated in the sub-Rs.3,040 per gram during the second and third week with the US economy recovering from the initial shock.
- When the month ended, gold was trading at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 30th.
- Strong global cues coupled with increased global demand led to gold rates incline by 1.50% in Tirunelveli.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 April and 16 April||Rs.2,971 per gram on 23 May||Rs.3,012 per gram on 8 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 April and 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for April 2017
- When April began in Tirunelveli, gold was priced at Rs.2,956 per gram.
- Prices increased to Rs.2,987 per gram on the 4th, albeit being relatively slow to react to a global increase in demand.
- However, as domestic investors saw little incentive for their purchase, gold prices fell by the 8th to hit Rs.2,954 per gram.
- After relatively steep change in demand for the next few days, gold prices surged significantly on the 3,001 per gram - marking a Rs.38 increase.
- Rates went up to Rs.3,040 per gram two days later - which happened to be the highest gold rate for the month.
- The coming days, i.e., from the 15th to the 30th of April, gold prices declined gradually, owing to the US market and the dollar rallying against other currencies.
- When the month ended on the 30th, gold was priced at Rs.2,984 per gram.
- Even though prices fell consistently towards the latter half of the month, rate trends remained positive at 0.94%.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for May 2017
- The month of May couldn’t have begun any badly, as prices started on a comparative low due to a strong US dollar performance.
- On the 1st of May, gold was exchanging at Rs.2,984 per gram but fell during the subsequent days and reached Rs.2,908 per gram Rs.2,908 per gram.
- As the demand for gold is primarily dependent on how good or bad the US dollar is performing, a solid improvement from the currency led to a significant price drop.
- Rates went further down to Rs.2,888 per gram - the lowest for the month - before seeing a gradual increase over the coming days.
- On the 17th, prices had reached Rs.2,910 per gram and gained further to trade at Rs.2,958 per gram on the 18th of the month.
- The sudden increase was a courtesy of US job data making its way into the media, which led to stocks depreciating.
- For the last 10 days of May, gold rates in Tirunelveli slowly but gradually increased - as buyers remained cautious - to end the month at Rs.2,968 per gram.
- Price trends declined by just 0.53% as demand remained sluggish amidst a strong US economy.
Gold Price Trends in Tirunelveli for June 2017
- The month of June started with gold trading at Rs.2,977 per gram, which then increased to go as high as Rs.3,012 per gram by the 8th.
- However, prices fell the next immediate day, on the 9th, to Rs.2,987 per gram as demand from local circles subsided.
- As demand failed to pick up - and as the dollar performance was relatively better - gold prices went down to Rs.2,949 per gram by the 19th.
- Over the last 10 or so days of June, gold prices fluctuated considerably before ending the month at Rs.2,960 per gram.
- Price trends in Tirunelveli saw gold prices decline by 0.50%.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,957 per gram||Rs.2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.3,001 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th & 26th February||Rs.2,994 per gram on 1st March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,940 on 3rd February||Rs.2,906 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for January 2017:
- Gold opened trading for January at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- As there was a positive demand in the global markets, gold prices went up to Rs.2,858 per gram on 5th and then to Rs.2,872 per gram on 8th.
- Prices went up again on 9th to Rs.2,895 per gram as there were plenty of concerns regarding US monetary policy and how President Donald Trump would handle the situation.
- As demand kept increasing, gold prices went up to Rs.2,914 per gram on 11th.
- Due to a weakening US dollar, gold prices seemed to increase to Rs.2,971 per gram by 18th.
- However, plenty of corrections led to gold prices falling slightly towards the end of the month.
- January ended with gold prices holding at Rs.2,942 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for February 2017:
- February, to an extent, maintained the positive growth that was seen in January.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,957 per gram and remained the same on the 2nd.
- However, gold prices declined to hit the lowest for the month at Rs.2,940 per gram as demand fell.
- But, uncertainty over US policies still gripped the market, which pushed prices to go up to Rs.2,,989 per gram by the 8th.
- As US Federal Reserve rate was increased, gold price slipped to Rs.2,946 per gram on the 10th.
- Gold prices hit their highest of Rs.3,014 per gram, as the back and forth on US monetary policies saw markets gaining around the work.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.3,001 per gram as demand went down slightly.
- February saw gold price trends in increase by 1.49%.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for March 2017:
- The month of March began with gold trading at Rs.2,994 per gram.
- As the US Federal Reserve looked to increase the interest rate for a record time, gold prices took a hit to go down to Rs.2,961 per gram on 3rd.
- By the 10th, gold prices went down to Rs.2,931 per gram as there was a weak demand in the local market.
- A strengthened US dollar and a weak global market saw gold price dip to Rs.2,929 per gram on 14th.
- But as dollar value wavered, gold prices went up to Rs.2,940 per gram by the 18th.
- Over the last two weeks, gold prices seemed to correct themselves, bringing rates up to Rs.2,979 per gram by the 27th.
- Rates again dipped on the last day of the month to Rs.2,942 per gram due to a technical correction.
- March saw gold price trends hit the negative side with a change of -1.73%.
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st October and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 5th and 6th November||Rs.2,892 per gram on 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th and 16th of October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 22nd December|
Gold Rate Trend for Tirunelveli in October 2016
- Gold began trading at Rs.3,152 per gram in Tirunelveli, and prices remained more and less the same, thanks to steady demand until the 2nd.
- It was all downhill from then on as gold prices had hit its highest on the 1st.
- On 6th, gold was trading at Rs.3,040 per gram before declining steadily over the next few days of the month.
- By 15th, gold rates went down to as low as Rs.3,021 per gram - the lowest rate for the month of October.
- Despite the wedding and the festive season, gold prices only went up marginally to end the month at Rs.3,065 per gram.
- There was a decline of 2.76% in Tirunelveli with regards to gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend for Tirunelveli in November 2016
- November was a terrible month for gold rates despite some major fluctuations in the global market.
- The election of Donald Trump as the US President brought markets around the world crashing to bring about a surge in gold rates.
- When the month began, gold was trading at Rs.3,075 per gram and went up to reach Rs.3,119 per gram by the 5th.
- Rates went further up to Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th and seemed to grow for the next few days but demonetisation put a stop to any positive growth.
- When PM Narendra Modi announced demonetisation, gold rates went down because the entire nation went through a massive cash crunch.
- For the next few days, till the end of the month, gold prices declines steadily to end the month at Rs.2,938 per gram.
- Overall, November saw gold prices decline by 4.45% to chart the worst growth figures of 2016.
Gold Rate Trend for Tirunelveli in December 2016
- The effects of demonetisation were still fresh in December as the cash flow issues didn’t too much of an improvement over December.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,890 per gram and seemed to go down over the course of the month.
- On 2nd, gold rates hit the highest for the month at Rs.2,892 per gram before going on a downward trajectory.
- The 22nd saw gold prices hit their lowest rate at Rs.2,767 per gram and seemed to improve, albeit only slightly.
- Thanks to the imminent arrival of New Years, gold prices seemed to stabilised towards the end of December.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,821 per gram, thereby bringing about a change of -2.38% for the month.
|1st day||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,201 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,142 per gram||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,210 per gram on 5th August||Rs.3,197 per gram on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on the 19th and 25th of July||Rs.3,142 per gram on the 31st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram on the 1st of July and increased consistently until the 4th after which they began fluctuating.
- Fluctuations continued over the course of the month and the lowest recorded rate in August was Rs.3,119 per gram on the 19th.
- The precious metal closed the month of July trading at Rs.3,214 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of August was 2.68%.
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,201.
- Prices fluctuated over the course of the month, with stability being achieved only on few days.
- The highest recorded rate of gold in the month of August was on the 5th when they touched Rs.3,210 per gram.
- The lowest recorded rate during the month was on the last day of trading, when they fell to Rs.3,142 per gram.
- The overall decline in prices between the start and end of the month was 1.84%.
Gold rate trend of Tirunelveli in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September.
- Prices continued to increase consistently until the 8th of the month when they hit Rs.3,195 per gram – the highest recorded rate in August.
- Prices then fluctuated for a few days after which they began declining gradually until the 18th
- A minor decline on the 15th then saw prices settle at Rs.3,135 until the 18th.
- Consistent increases were recorded between the 20th and 25th of September after which prices decreased gradually until the 28th.
- Gold closed the month trading at Rs.3,176.
|1st day||Rs.2,890 per gram||Rs.3,069 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,069 per gram||Rs.2,914 per gram on May 31st||Rs.3,105 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on April 30th||Rs.3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,869 per gram on April 4th||Rs.2,899 per gram on May 30th||Rs.2,916 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in April 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.2,890 per gram on April 1st.
- Gold rates saw a incline through the month as the jewellers’ strike ended.
- As the prices soared, the highest recorded rate was on Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April.
- The rising trend in April resulted in a 6.19% increase.
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in May 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,069 per gram and rose to Rs.3,076 on May 2nd.
- As the dollar gained strength, the U.S. Federal Reserve announced that it might increase the interest rates in the near future.
- As the appeal of gold dampened, the demand dropped leading to a fall in gold rates. Gold traded at Rs.2,914 on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Thirunelveli in June 2016
- Gold prices were on the rise in June thanks to firming international trends.
- Although there were days on which gold prices suffered marginal losses, they were overwritten by subsequent gains and the highest rate of gold in the month of June was recorded on the 27th when prices hit Rs.3,180.
- Between the first and last day of the month, the overall increase in prices was Rs.264.
Gold Rate Trend in Tirunelveli for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,538 per gram||Rs.2,720 per gram||Rs.2,976 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,710 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,891 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,719 per gram on January 28th||Rs.2,984 per gram on February 25th and 29th||Rs.2,991 per gram on March 8th to 10th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,538 per gram on January 1st and 3rd||Rs.2,720 per gram on February 1st||Rs.2,874 per gram on March 28th|
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in January 2016
- Gold traded at a steady rate at the beginning of January.
- On January 1st, gold traded at Rs.2,538.
- Demand was steadily on the rise from the domestic market as well as the global market.
- Prices climbed through the month denoting a good increase of 6.77%.
- The highest rate was recorded at Rs.2,719 per gram on 28th January.
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in February 2016
- February started well picking up the rising trend from January.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,720 per gram on 1st February.
- Though there were fluctuations, the steady demand ensured gold maintained its increasing trend.
- Gold increased by 9.7% for the month of February.
- The highest gold rate was on the 25th and 29th of the month at Rs.2,984.
Gold Rate Trend of Tirunelveli in March 2016
- Gold rates in March experienced a bit of turmoil in the domestic market as the jewellers called for a strike.
- As majority of the demand was suspended in the domestic markets, the rates decreased through the month.
- Global demand ensured rates did not drop drastically. Gold traded at Rs.2,976 per gram on 1st March and ended at Rs.2,891 per gram on 31st March.
- Overall, March experienced a decline of 2.85%.
Gold Rate In Tirunelveli
Gold rate in Tirunelveli depends on the quality and quantity of gold. The purity of gold is measured in karat and the price differs for different qualities of gold. Given below is the gold rate for different quantities and quality of gold in Tirunelveli.
Gold rate for 22 karat gold
Weight of 22 karat gold
Price for 22 karat gold
Gold rate for 24 karat gold
Weight of 24 karat gold
Price for 24 karat gold
Gold investments in Tirunelveli
There are several ways in which one can invest in gold. Listed below are some of the popular type of gold investments in Tirunelveli.
- Physical gold- Physical gold is one of the most popular way of investing in gold. Physical gold can be purchased in the form of coins, bullion and jewelry. Bullion gold is the most sought after in terms of investment as a result of lower cost and higher liquidity.
- Market trade- One can invest in gold ETFs, E-gold and gold futures. It offers a very convenient and easy way to get exposure to gold in India. Though this type of investment is not as popular yet, a lot of people have started investing in it owing to the advantages offered by the investment.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Tirunelveli
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2018
- Gold And Devaluation
- How Does Gold Investment Affect Indian Economy?
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- How are Gold Rates Determined?