*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold price in Nagercoil
Nagercoil, or Nakarkoyil is the name that literally translates into the ‘Temple of the Nagas’ and is probably the southernmost town in the southernmost state of Tamil Nadu. This place is and has been a popular centre for trade and commerce since the yesteryears. It is the administrative headquarters of the Kanyakumari district. Housing industries of farming and manufacturing, this place has its own reputation for being prosperous and thus invests heavily in gold. Investment in gold in Nagarcoil happens through jewellery as well as more modern investment techniques.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,071 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,188 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram||Rs.3,165 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,211 per gram on 15 October||Rs.3,196 per gram on 6 November||Rs.3,192 per gram on 11 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,071 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,045 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,045 per gram on 1 December|
Gold trend in Nagercoil for October 2018
- For the month of October, the price of gold in Nagercoil opened at Rs.3,071 per gram and increased steadily through the month due to the weakening of the dollar against other currencies.
- Mid-month, gold prices had increased to Rs.3,211 per gram marking the highest price in October. This was mainly due to the US-China trade war which resulted in a volatile market, leading to an increase in global demand for gold.
- However, in the second half of the month, the price of gold decreased marginally due to fluctuations in the local demand and the market.
- The price of the metal, at the end of October was recorded at Rs.3,188 per gram with a percentage incline of 3.80.
Gold trend in Nagercoil for November 2018
- On 1 November 2018, gold was priced at Rs.3,184 per gram and steadily increased to Rs.3,196 per gram in the first week of the month. This marked the highest price of the metal in November.
- Throughout the rest of the month, gold prices decreased as the value of the rupee fell against the dollar, resulting in a dip in global and local demand.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram at the end of the month which resulted in a percentage decline of the metal by 4.36.
Gold trend in Nagercoil for December 2018
- Gold prices recovered to a great extent in the month of December, even after opening at the lowest price in the month of Rs.3,045 per gram.
- Due to the crisis in the United States of America, the markets fell gradually. This resulted in the price of the metal reach Rs.3,192 per gram on 11 December, the highest price of gold in Nagercoil for the month.
- In the second half of the month, the price of gold fluctuated a great deal to the continuous rise and fall of global demand and market trends.
- However, on 31 December 2018, gold prices closed at Rs.3,165 per gram marking an incline of 3.94%.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,059 per gram||Rs.2,983 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,986 per gram||Rs.3,036 per gram||Rs.3,074 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,071 per gram on 6 July||Rs.3,036 per gram on 31 August||Rs.3,090 per gram on 25 and 26 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,986 per gram on 31 July||Rs.2,940 per gram on 16 August||Rs.3,019 per gram on 3 September|
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for July 2018
- The gold price in Nagercoil saw a declining trend at the start of the month due to depleted demand from local industries and coin makers.
- Gold was valued at Rs.3,059 per gram on 1 July as the rupee declined. Domestic demand for the metal was still on the fall.
- The price of gold in Nagercoil was at its highest on 6 July when it was valued at Rs.3,071 per gram. Demand for the yellow metal rose, but not for long as the dollar began to strengthen in comparison with other currencies.
- The gold price reached its lowest point for the month on 31 July. On this day, the metal was trading at Rs.2,986 per gram.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for August 2018
- The price of gold at the start of August was Rs.2,983 per gram.
- Constant fluctuation in the gold rate was recorded due to a variation in demand for the metal.
- On 16 August, the metal was priced at Rs.2,940 per gram.
- Towards the end of the month, the gold price surged as domestic demand for the metal finally increased.
- On 31 August, gold was priced at Rs.3,036 per gram, the highest price for the month of August.
- Gold price for the month recorded an upward trend of 1.77%.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for September 2018
- Amid weak trend overseas and poor demand for gold, the precious metal traded at Rs.3,029 per gram when the trading commenced on 01 September 2018.
- As the value of the US dollar increased and the demand for the metal fell in the local market, gold rates in Nagercoil declined and hit a monthly low of Rs.3,019 per gram on 03 of the month.
- On account of the festive season, the demand for the metal picked up and traded at Rs.3,090 per gram on 25 and 26 of the month. This was also the highest gold rate recorded in the month of September in Nagercoil.
- A slight decline in gold rates was noted in the last few days of the month. Gold closed at Rs.3,074 per gram and recorded an overall incline of 1.48%.
Trend of Gold Rate in Nagercoil for April to June 2018 (rates per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,072 per gram||Rs.3,114 per gram||Rs.3,100 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,123 per gram||Rs.3,122 per gram||Rs.3,059 per gram|
|Highest Rate||Rs.3,153 per gram on 19 April||Rs.3,213 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,127 per gram on 15 June|
|Lowest Rate||Rs.3,064 per gram on 6 April||Rs.3,103 per gram on 3 May||Rs.3,054 per gram on 24 June|
|Overall Monthly Performance||Incline||Incline||Decline|
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for April 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,072 per gram when trading began in Nagercoil for the month of April.
- Gold rates dropped to a monthly low of Rs.3,064 per gram on the 6th as demand remained weak and the dollar seemed to rise.
- Demand was on the bullish side this month after the initial fall, as the joint force of the US and NATO decided to attack Syria over the bombing of its citizens.
- As a result, gold rates began to surge, while the dollar plummeted. On the 19th, gold was at its highest of Rs.3,153 per gram as demand surged consistently as the dollar failed to recover and gold demand remained on the rise.
- The month ended with gold prices holding at Rs.3,123 per gram - marking a 1.66% incline in prices.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for May 2018:
- When May’s trading began, gold was priced at Rs.3,114 per gram. Demand this month was slightly on the lower side after the dollar recovered from the previous month’s fall. This caused gold rates to drop after demand weakened.
- Gold was at its highest on the 15th when it traded at Rs.3,213 per gram and the lowest was recorded on the 3rd, when it sold at Rs.3,103 per gram.
- A slightly higher local demand helped offset the rise in the US dollar. Gold was seen trading at Rs.3,122 per gram on the final day of the month.
- There was a 0.25% change in price trends this month, brought about by a positive local demand amidst a rising dollar.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for June 2018:
- If the US dollar felt shackled by the local trend, it broke through all of it this month as there were plenty of positive cues supporting the dollar.
- When the month began, gold was priced at Rs.3,100 per gram, which fell considerably within the first week after the payroll data showed some positive numbers.
- There was a incline in gold prices mid-month as demand seemed to rise and the metal traded at Rs.3,127 per gram on the 15th.
- However, a fall in demand caused gold rates to drop to a monthly low of Rs.3,054 per gram on the 24th of June.
- When the month ended, gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,059 per gram. Price trends were held to a 1.32% decline this month due to a buoyant dollar and resurgent markets.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,002 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.3,043 per gram
Rs.3,045 per gram
Rs.3,046 per gram
Rs.3,072 per gram
Rs.3,084 per gram on 20 & 21 January
Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February
Rs.3,105 per gram on 24 & 25 March
Rs.3,001 per gram on 4 January
Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February
Rs.3,030 per gram on 19 March
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for January 2018:
- Trading began for the month with the bullion priced at Rs.3,002 per gram on the 1st of January.
- Strong US dollar index coupled with well-performing equities led to gold prices plunging to it lowest monthly figure of Rs.3,001 per gram on the 4th.
- Poor US employment data and inflation reports led to dollar rates tumbling during the next two weeks.
- Strong safe haven demand with investors hedging on the precious metal against inflation concerns led to gold prices surging to Rs.3,084 per gram on the 20th.
- Thanks to steady domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries, gold rates were recorded holding steady at Rs.3,084 per gram the following day.
- However, as the month came to an end, demand for gold stabilized with the dollar regaining lost ground and gold was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram on the last day.
- Gold rates in Nagercoil rose by 1.43%, thanks to the strong trends overseas that pushed demand higher during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for February 2018:
- February commenced in Nagercoil will the yellow metal trading at Rs.3,040 per gram with prices marginally dropping amid the strengthened US dollar from the previous session.
- The 8th recorded gold rates holding at Rs.3,003 per gram - the highest monthly figure - after the US greenback strengthened following the release of a stronger-than-expected US jobs and payrolls data.
- However, an increase in demand for the precious metal on the eve of Valentine’s day led to gold prices surging to Rs.3,103 per gram on the 14th. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in Nagercoil.
- Trading concluded for the month with the bullion priced at Rs.3,046 per gram on the 28th with subdued but steady demand from local jewellers and retailers amid uneven global trends.
- Nagercoil recorded an increase of 0.19% in gold prices brought about by positive market trends that resulted in steady demand during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for March 2018:
- The final month of the quarter started off with gold priced at Rs.3,043 per gram on the 1st with steady demand from local jewellers, industries and retailers.
- Gold rates fluctuated over the next couple of weeks with the greenback performing unevenly amid the inconsistently returning equity markets.
- Stock markets skyrocketed after Rex Tillerson, the US Secretary of State, was abruptly dismissed by the White House. This led gold prices plunging to their lowest monthly figure of Rs.3,030 per gram on the 19th.
- However, with trade war fears dominating the stock markets, the US dollar tumbled. This led to an increase in demand for safe-haven assets such as gold and silver.
- The 25th saw rates surging to Rs.3,105 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - with strong investor demand amid positive market trends.
- The month came to an end with the precious metal trading at Rs.3,072 per gram on the 31st and the bullion trade in Nagercoil recorded an incline of 0.95% in gold prices during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,997 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October||Rs.3,030 per gram on 18 and 19 November||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,997 per gram on 6, 27, 30, and 31 October||Rs.2,974 per gram on 6 November||Rs.2,903 per gram on 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for October 2017:
- The month began in Nagercoil with the bullion priced at Rs.3,040 per gram on the 1st amid firm trends overseas.
- Gold rate in Nagercoil plunged to Rs.2,997 per gram on the 6th after the US dollar gained against a basket of other emerging currencies and investors speculating on a possible Fed rate hike during the quarter.
- With tensions rising between the US and North Korea, safe-haven demand for the metal spiked. This led to gold prices rebounding to Rs.3,042 per gram on the 12th.
- The 14th saw bullion rates surging to Rs.3,059 per gram amid the strong trends overseas. This was also the highest recorded monthly figure in Nagercoil.
- However, prices plummeted over the next few days with the dollar recovering from the initial shock and gold rates were holding at Rs.3,026 per gram on the 20th.
- The bullion continued dropping amid the poor global cues as the month progressed and the yellow metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,997 per gram on the last day.
- The strong dollar index coupled with firmer equities led to gold rates in Nagercoil decline by 1.41% during the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for November 2017:
- When trading commenced for the month, the precious metal prices were recorded holding at Rs.2,998 per gram with steady demand from the previous month.
- However, the strong dollar index coupled with well-performing equities led to gold rates in Nagercoil plunging to Rs.2,977 per gram on the 4th.
- Domestic demand from local jewellers, retailers and industries couldn’t keep up with the poor trends overseas. This led to prices dropping to Rs.2,974 per gram on the 6th. This was also the lowest recorded figure during the month.
- However, with North Korea trying to exhibit its nuclear prowess over the United States, the dollar values and equities crashed. This led to the greenback dependant bullion being priced at Rs.3,015 per gram on the 12th.
- The 18th witnessed god rates surging to Rs.3,031 per gram - the highest recorded monthly figure - with strong safe-haven demand for the metal brought about by the positive global cues.
- With the US dollar regaining lost ground over the next few days, gold price in Nagercoil dropped to Rs.3,012 per gram on the 24th.
- When trading ended for the month, the precious metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,992 per gram on the 30th owing to a decline in demand by local jewellers, industries and retailers.
- Steady demand coupled with firm trends overseas led to gold prices in Nagercoil surging at 0.13% during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for December 2017:
- The final month commenced with the bullion priced at Rs.2,982 per gram on the 1st amid the strong US dollar and equities.
- The US Senate’s decision to pass the landmark tax reform plan seemed to receive positive sentiments from the people. This led to US dollar rising and gold was priced at Rs.2,917 per gram on the 8th.
- On the 13th, the yellow metal prices were recorded at Rs.2,903 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 13th amid the poor trends overseas.
- The Fed rate hike, however, led to the US dollar and equities declining during the month. This resulted in an increased demand for the bullion and the metal was recorded trading at Rs.2,956 per gram on the 23rd.
- The 28th saw rising further to Rs.2,985 per gram owing to a strong demand local jewellers, retailers and industries.
- The month ended with the gold priced at Rs.3,015 per gram on the 31st amid the weakened dollar value and poor performing equities.
- The bullion trade in Nagercoil registered an incline of 1.10% in gold prices during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,926 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,925 per gram||Rs.2,971 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,102 per gram from 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,899 per gram on 3 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for July 2017
- Gold rates in Nagercoil were mostly impacted by the introduction of GST bill during the month.
- The month opened with the yellow metal trading at Rs.2,950 per gram on the 1st.
- Reduced local demand resulted in prices plunging to Rs.2,796 per gram - the lowest recorded monthly figure - on the 12th.
- The implementation of Good and Services Tax led to a further decline in domestic demand. This led to gold rates in Nagercoil dropping to Rs.2,869 per gram on the 20th.
- However, local demand picked up towards the end of the month and the precious metal was priced at Rs.2,925 per gram on the 31st.
- Nagercoil witnessed gold rates in Nagercoil declining by 0.84% during the month, owing to the government’s introduction of GST bill, coupled with reduced local demand.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for August 2017
- Demand picked up with the impact of GST settling down during the month.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,926 per gram, when trading commenced in Nagercoil.
- A decline in domestic demand from industries and jewellers resulted in gold rates plunging to Rs.2,899 per gram on the 3rd. This was also the lowest recorded figure during the month.
- Global demand low for most of the following days with the dollar gaining against other apex currencies.
- But, demand surged with the US-North Korean relations worsening towards the end of the month. This led to gold rates surging to Rs.2,999 per gram on the 29th.
- The yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,971 per gram, when the month concluded.
- Gold rates in Nagercoil inclined at 1.53% during the course of the month, owing to an increased global demand.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for September 2017
- In Nagercoil, gold prices were greatly influenced by the geopolitical tensions escalating in the Korean peninsula, and the arrival of Dussehra during the month.
- Gold was trading at Rs.2,995 per gram, when the month began.
- Diplomatic relations between the US and North Korea deteriorated after the latter announced their two-stage thermonuclear weapon tests. This pushed demand higher for safe-haven assets like gold, and the yellow metal touched its highest monthly figure of Rs.3,102 per gram on the 8th.
- The second and third week saw gold rates in Nagercoil fluctuating under the Rs.3,040 per gram mark, owing to firm dollar rates, and a recovering economy.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,040 per gram, when trading concluded for the month of September.
- The bullion trade in Nagercoil witnessed prices rising by 1.50% during the course of the month, thanks to an increased global demand coupled with positive global trends.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April||Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 & 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for April 2017
- The gold rates in Nagercoil fluctuated in the month of April, opening at Rs.2,956 per gram on 1 April which remained constant on 2 and 3 April as well.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,987 per gram on 4 April due to a slight increase the demand for the yellow metal from the local markets.
- With the U.S. dollar rates growing stronger, a sharp decline in the demand from the local markets led to a dip in the gold prices to Rs.2,954 per gram on the 8 and 9 of April which was recorded to be the least for the month.
- Due to political tensions, the U.S. dollar rates fluctuated leading to an incline in the demand for the precious metal. Trading at Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 and 16 April, the gold rates were recorded to be the highest on these days for the entire month of April.
- The recovering U.S. dollar rates caused a marginal decline in the demand, gold was priced at Rs.3,035 per gram on 22 April and 23 April.
- Though the prices dropped to Rs.2,984 per gram on the last day of the month, the more or less fluctuating rates for the entire month indicated an incline of 0.94% in the value of gold.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for May 2017
- Opening at Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May which was recorded to be the highest for the month of May, the demand for the precious metal fluctuated and resulted in a decline in demand and value of gold.
- The French Election 2017 boosted the stock markets leading to a sharp decline in the demand for gold which dropped the prices to Rs.2,904 per gram on 9 May.
- The gold rates fell to the monthly low of Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May due to the reduced offtake from the local and international markets along with the steady U.S. dollar rates that caused a decline in the demand.
- The prices increased to Rs.2,954 per gram on 19 and 20 May due to a marginal incline in demand from the local jewellers in spite of the steady U.S. dollar rates.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram on 27 and 28 May and closed at Rs.2,968 per gram on the last day of the month in Nagercoil.
- The fluctuating and reduced demand for gold led to a 0.53% decline in the rates for the month of May.
Gold rate trend in Nagercoil for June 2017
- The demand for gold was strong in the beginning of the month in Nagercoil, trading at Rs.2,977 per gram on 1 June, the prices increased further for the first week of June.
- With rates dipping slightly at the beginning of the month due to reduced demand from local and international markets, gold was priced at Rs.3,006 per gram on 5 June.
- The gold rates increased to Rs.3,030 on 7 June due to the sharp incline in the demand resulting from the falling markets that pushed investors to seek for the precious metal as their safe haven.
- The muted demand for gold from the local markets and the recovering stock markets are few of the reasons for gold being priced at Rs.2,983 per gram on 12 June.
- Concerns pertaining to the impending GST on the bullion market led to a decline in the demand for gold from the local as well as international markets. GST was one among the many factors that contributed to the gold prices falling to the monthly low of Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June.
- As the impending GST indicated the bullion to be costlier in the coming days, a sudden incline in the demand for gold jumped the prices to Rs.2,962 per gram on 30 June.
- In spite of the fluctuating gold rates in June which started to increase towards the end of the month, the significant decline in demands and dipping prices led to a 0.50% decrease in the gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,957 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.3,001 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th and 26th February||Rs.2,994 per gram on March 4thand 5th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,940 per gram on 3rd February||Rs.2,900 per gram on March 15th|
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for January 2017:
- Gold opened the trading for the month of January at Rs.2,821 per gram on January 1st.
- Positive global demand for Gold saw the price of Gold rise to Rs.2,858 per gram on January 5th.
- Gold ended the first week of trading at Rs.2,872 per gram on January 8th.
- A uncertain environment surrounding the US monetary policy allowed Gold to climb to Rs.2,895 on the 9th of January.
- A healthy demand for the precious metal globally allowed Gold to continue its rise to Rs.2,914 per gram on January 11th.
- A weakened US Dollar and healthy global demand saw Gold close the week’s trading at Rs.2,941 per gram on January 15th.
- Emerging global demand saw Gold open the third week of trading at Rs.2,955 per gram on January 16th.
- Sustained demand and a struggling US Dollar saw Gold rise to Rs.2,971 per gram on January 18th.
- Technical trading saw Gold prices slip to Rs.2,951 per gram on January 19th and January 20th.
- Prevailing low prices saw a marginal increase in the demand for Gold, allowing it to climb to Rs.2,962 per gram to close the third week of trading on January 22nd.
- A healthy demand in the domestic market for Gold saw it open the fourth week of trading at Rs.2,970 per gram on January 23rd.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to slip to Rs.2,911 per gram on January 27th.
- A strong trend globally and a weakened US Dollar saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,937 per gram on January 30th.
- Sustained demand for Gold saw it close the month’s trading at Rs.2,942 per gram on January 31st.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for February 2017:
- A global upswing in demand saw it open trading for the month of February at Rs.2,957 per gram on February 1st which was sustained till February 2nd.
- Gold hit a monthly low of Rs.2,940 per gram on February 3rd.
- Technical buying allowed Gold to marginally rise to Rs.2,944 per gram on February 4th, which was sustained till February 5th to close the week’s trading.
- Sustained technical buying in the domestic market saw Gold open the second week of trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on February 6th.
- Uncertainty looming over the US monetary policy saw Gold climb to a week high of Rs.2,989 per gram on February 8th.
- Expected US Federal Interest Rate hikes saw Gold slip to Rs.2,946 per gram on February 10th.
- Prevailing low prices saw an increase in demand, allowing Gold to recover to Rs.2,964 per gram on February 11th, this price was sustained till the end of the week’s trade on February 12th.
- Technical selling saw Gold prices drop to Rs.2,959 per gram to open the third week of trading on February 13th.
- A drop in domestic demand saw Gold prices slip to its week’s lowest price of Rs.2,947 per gram on February 15th.
- Negative US economic data saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,990 per gram on February 17th.
- A drop in domestic demand saw Gold slip to Rs.2,980 per gram on February 18th, this was sustained till the end of the week on February 19th.
- Technical buying saw Gold open the fourth week of trading at Rs.2,976 per gram on February 20th.
- Gold hit a monthly high of Rs.3,014 on February 25th and 26th amid uncertainty pertaining to the US monetary policy.
- Technical trading stabilized Gold at Rs.3,001 per gram on February 27th, this was held till February 28th to close the month’s trading.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for March 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of March at Rs.2,994 per gram on March 1st.
- Expectations of a US Federal Interest Rate hike in March saw Gold slip to Rs.2,961 per gram on March 3rd.
- A weak demand domestically saw Gold prices slip to Rs.2,931 per gram on March 10th.
- A stronger US Dollar and a weak global demand saw domestic prices of Gold fall to Rs.2,929 per gram on March 14th.
- A marginally weakened US Dollar saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,940 per gram on March 18th and March 19th.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to slip to Rs.2,964 per gram between March 24th and March 26th.
- A strong demand for Gold allowed it to recover to Rs.2,979 per gram on March 27th.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to drop to Rs.2,942 per gram to close the month’s trading on March 31st.
|1st day||Rs.3,152||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,018 on 17th October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 26th November|
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for October 2016:
- Gold rates in Nagercoil seemed to go down for much of October as global demand wasn’t at a high.
- The results of US Presidential elections were to be expected this month which brought about massive uncertainty in the world market.
- The first of the month started with gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram - the highest gold price for the entire month.
- By the 8th, gold prices had gone down significantly to hit Rs.3,026 per gram but put in some positive growth to increase slightly by the q0th.
- Gold prices gained at a marginal rate for the last few days as the prices hit Rs.3,065 per gram.
- The rate trend saw a -2.76% change for the month of October despite some increasing demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for November 2016:
- November saw some major events in both Indian and international level as Donald Trump was announced to be the president of the USA.
- Trump’s announcement brought the markets to the brink of uncertainty thereby increasing demand for gold.
- On 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,075 per gram and gained a little more to hit Rs.3,119 per gram on 6th.
- In India, demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 notes caused the market to fall and demand for gold to increase.
- The 9th saw prices increase a little more to hit Rs.3,166 per gram but it was all downhill from then on as prices went down to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 19th.
- Although, demand increased during the first few days after demonetisation, it slowly fell as the nation went through a bit of a cash crunch.
- Gold price trends in Nagercoil decline by -4.45% in November, making it the worst-performing month of the quarter.
Gold Rate Trend in Nagercoil for December 2016:
- Gold rates didn’t seem to increase much in December as the country was still struggling with the lack of cash for day-to--day transactions.
- When 1st began, gold was trading at Rs.2,890 per gram but went down significantly to hit Rs.2,851 per gram as business day closed on 9th.
- Prices seemed to go down further more to Rs.2,836 per gram on 10th as no global and domestic demand was to be seen.
- Towards the end of the month, when New Year approached, gold prices recovered from its freefall to end 2016 at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- Gold price trends in Nagercoil saw a change of -2.48% in the month of December.
|First day||Rs.3,129 per gram||Rs.3,201 per gram||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,142 per gram||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,197 on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,118.50 per gram on 25th July||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,120 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in July 2016
- On 1st July, gold traded at Rs.3,129 per gram.
- Bullish sentiments in the market drove gold prices up.
- High demand this month could be attributed to the expectations of monetary stimulus from central banks post the Brexit vote.
- The highest price for this month was recorded on 30th and 31st at Rs.3,214 per gram.
- By the end of the month, gold had climbed to Rs.3,214 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in August 2016
- At the beginning of August, the market had a bullish outlook.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,201 per gram on 1st August.
- By 3rd August, gold witnessed its highest price for this month at Rs.3,229 per gram.
- The U.S. Federal Reserve was hawkish about the interest rate hike as the U.S. economy gained momentum with positive economic data.
- Gold prices dropped and by 31st August, gold was trading at Rs.3,142 per gram.
- The trend in gold prices this month was a decline of 2.08%.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in September 2016
- Initially, the markets were gloomy with bearish sentiments owing to the rising prospects of a Fed rate hike.
- On 1st September, gold traded at Rs.3,120 per gram which was the lowest rate for September.
- The interest rate hike that was highly anticipated for months was put on hold by the Federal Reserve as the presidential campaigns were in full swing.
- Demand for gold picked up and prices started to climb.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,176 per gram on 30th September.
- There was an increase of 1.79% in gold prices this month.
|1st day||Rs. 2,890 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram on June 1st|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,914 per gram on May 31st||Rs.3,105 per gram on 30th of June|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on April 30th||Rs. 3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th of June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,869 per gram on April 4th||Rs. 2,899 per gram on May 30th||Rs.2,916 per gram on June 3rd|
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in April 2016
- Gold prices were at Rs. 2,890 per gram on April 1st.
- Though rates saw a few falls, it finally climbed as the highest recorded rate was on Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April.
- A change of 6.19% increase was recorded for this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in May 2016
- May begin well with gold prices starting at Rs. Rs. 3,069 per gram and rising to Rs. 3,076 on May 2nd.
- The announcement of the Fed meeting minutes led to expectations of an interest rate hike and a stronger dollar.
- Gold rates dropped due to the rising chorus of a rate hike and gold traded at Rs. 2,914 on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in June 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs.2,934 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold hit Rs.3,122 per gram on the 16th of June.
- Gold scored the highest for the month on 27th of June at Rs.3,180 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,105 per gram on the 30th of June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,538 per gram||Rs. 2,720 per gram||Rs. 2,976 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,984 per gram||Rs. 2,891 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,719 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 2,984 per gram on February 25th||Rs. 2,991 per gram on March 8th to 10th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on January 1st and 3rd||Rs. 2,720 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,874 per gram on March 28th|
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in January 2016
- At the start of the January, gold prices were at Rs. 2,538.
- Gold rates were quite steady at the start of the month.
- Global demand in the gold market set the rates on a path of inclination.
- January ended with a good increase of 6.77% with the highest recorded at Rs. 2,719 per gram on 28th January.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in February 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,720 per gram on 1st February and continued the rising trend.
- The month experienced fluctuations in gold prices but rose at the end of the month.
- The 25th and 29th of the month saw the highest gold rate at Rs. 2,984.
- Gold increased by 9.7% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Nagercoil in March 2016
- March started at Rs. 2,976 per gram.
- As demand dropped in the gold markets, the rates decreased through the month.
- The lowest rates for March were witnessed on 28th March at Rs. 2,874 per gram.
- A decline of 2.85% was recorded for March.
Investment in Gold in Nagercoil
Monetisation of gold and other schemes offered by the government of India aim to mobilise around 2000 tonnes of gold lying in Indian household. But in India, gold also has a more important role in terms of aesthetic value. That has kept the common sentiment of buying gold jewellery alive in Nagarcoil. For the more trendy ones, schemes pertaining to gold can be availed at all major and minor banks in Nagarcoil. Gold investment in Nagercoil has traditional methods of buying jewellery and ornaments as well as paper gold. The frequent methods for doing so are mentioned below.
Commercial and Personal Gold
Commercial and personal gold investment has options like coins, jewellery, bars and industrial bulk purchase. Physical gold is the key here and occupies a position of importance. In Nagarcoil, while industrial purchase happens throughout the year, personal purchase of gold is limited to times of festivities and occasions.
Gold through Market Trade
Paper gold, sovereign gold bonds, exchange traded futures are some of the variants of gold that can be available at banks and people with online access can easily invest in such options through an easy online process. These options are available online with most banks in Nagercoil. Trading in gold on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange is also a way to reap the monetary benefits of the yellow metal, but it requires a huge amount of investment.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Nagercoil
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu
As with the rest of India, two popular variants of gold are available in Nagarcoil. These are the 24 karat and 22 karat variants. While the 24 karat variant boasts of a greater purity at 98% gold in the mix, the 22 karat variant has 94% of the yellow metal in it. A preference exists for the 24 karat gold in crafting jewellery and ornaments but unfortunately, due to its softness and extreme malleability, it has to be used in conjunction with other metals to be strong enough that it can withstand daily wear and tear. 22 karat gold, the lesser sibling is used for jewellery as well and for some high grade consumer electronics like monitoring headphones and amplifiers. The variants of 18 karat and 14 karat gold are used mostly in industrial applications, though one can even find jewellery made of them. The rates of gold in Nagercoil are directly related to supply and demand, while market trends and taxes and duties increase the rates in India. Based on a gram’s value of gold, there is not much noticeable difference in the rates overseas and the rates prevalent in Nagarcoil.
24 karat gold
Unsuitable directly for jewellery, though it is the purest, 24 karat gold poses a definite advantage when it comes to investment purposes. 24 karat gold had a list price of INR 2968 for 1 gram weight. It should be noted that it is the indicative rate as of March 2016 and might be different by marginal numbers when actual physical gold is bought. Gold went through a trying time in August 2015 when it hit a 5 year low. Gold started regaining its stature in the beginning of 2016. INR 400 was the increase noted in January 2016 for the cost of one gram of 24 karat gold. Further to the stopping of the tax in US gold reserves, it is expected gold rates will continue to climb because the market demand is going to increase as usual.
22 karat gold
As of March 2016, a gram of 22 karat gold had a rate of INR 2760 in Nagercoil. The lesser purity of course contributes to the lower rate, but the crisis of rates of 2015 also affected 22 karat gold wherein in August it had a rate of INR 2350 per gram. However, in January 2016, 22 karat gold appreciated to INR 2374 per gram indicating a healthy future for gold, both in physical and paper gold formats.