*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price in Thanjavur
Gold rates are set to recover in 2016. There are various national and international economic factors which influence the price of gold such as oil prices, US jobs data, interest rates, current account deficit, investment inflow, import duties, inflation, safe haven buying, demand and supply of the precious metal in addition to stock markets and currency devaluations among others. Gold rates in India may vary across cities owing to local taxes and transportation costs among others.
Thanjavur is a well-known city in the state of Tamil Nadu. Thanjavur is known for its culture, temples, paintings and UNESCO World Heritage Monuments. The city is also known for its contribution to the agricultural output of Tamil Nadu. Thanjavur has a thriving service-oriented industry owing to the large influx of tourists. Thanjavur is also a major hub for silk weaving and manufacture of various musical instruments. Gold is considered auspicious in Thanjavur and worn during all major festive occasions.
Gold Rate Trend in Thanjavur for October 2020 to December 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.5,274 per gram||Rs.5,194 per gram||Rs.4,931 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,193 per gram||Rs.4,935 per gram||Rs.5,143 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,332 per gram on 13 October||Rs.5,215 per gram on 10 November||Rs.5,212 per gram on 21 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.5,096 per gram on 21 October||Rs.4,935 per gram on 30 November||Rs.4,931 per gram on 1 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thanjavur from October 2020 to December 2020:
- The rate of gold in Thanjavur in October for 24 karat gold was Rs.5,274 per gram on the first day which declined to Rs.5,193 per gram by the last day for 24 karat. There was an overall slump in gold prices through the course of the month at –1.53%. The highest price was Rs.5,332 per gram on 13 October while the lowest was Rs.5,096 per gram on 21 October.
- Gold prices in Thanjavur in November dropped by –5.24% through the entire month, starting off at Rs.5,194 per gram and ending at Rs.4,935 per gram for 24 karat. The highest price was in the second week of the month at Rs.5,215 per gram while the lowest price was Rs.4,935 per gram by the end of the month.
- Gold rate in Thanjavur for 24 karat in the month of December was on a steady incline of 4.29%, starting off at Rs.4,931 per gram at the start of the month but ending at Rs.5,143 per gram by the end of the month. The highest gold price in the city for the month was on 21 December at Rs.5,212 per gram while the lowest price of gold was Rs.4,931 per gram, which also happened to be the first day of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Thanjavur for July 2020 to September 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,908 per gram||Rs.5,437 per gram||Rs.5,221 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.5,381 per gram||Rs.5,190 per gram||Rs.5,076 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.5,381 per gram on 31 July||Rs.5,691 per gram on 7 August||Rs.5,221 per gram on 1 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,841 per gram on 6 July||Rs.5,158 per gram on 29 August||Rs.4,993 per gram on 24 September|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thanjavur from July 2020 to September 2020:
- In July, gold prices in Thanjavur opened at Rs.4,908 per gram and closed at Rs.5,381 per gram. The gold rate in Thanjavur had increased by 9.63% over the course of the month. The highest gold price was Rs.5,381 per gram on 31 July while the lowest gold rate was Rs.4,841 per gram on 6 July.
- On 1 August 2020, the gold price in Thanjavur was Rs.5,437 per gram. By the end of the month, the gold rate was Rs.5,190 per gram. Gold rates declined by 4.54% in August with the highest gold price in Thanjavur being Rs.5,691 per gram on 7 August and the lowest price being Rs.5,158 per gram on 29 August.
- In September, gold rates in Thanjavur had an overall decline of 2.77%. Gold prices in Thanjavur hit the lowest on 24 September at Rs.4,993 per gram. The highest price of gold in Thanjavur was on the first day of the month at Rs.5,221 per gram. The gold price in Thanjavur by the end of September was Rs.5,076 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Thanjavur for April 2020 to June 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.4,150 per gram||Rs.4,670 per gram||Rs.4,917 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,720 per gram||Rs.4,916 per gram||Rs.5,067 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,720 per gram on 30 April||Rs.4,916 per gram on 26, 27, and 31 May||Rs.5,067 per gram on 30 June|
|Lowest Price||Rs.4,150 per gram from 1 - 5 April||Rs.4,621 per gram on 2 May||Rs.4,483 per gram on 9 June|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thanjavur from April to June:
- In Thanjavur, gold opened the month of April at Rs.4,158 per gram. Over the month, the rates witnessed an inclining trend with the percentage change being 11.47%. The yellow metal recorded its highest and lowest price for the month on 27th and 1st of April.
- In May, the precious metal opened the month at Rs.4,641 per gram. There was an increase of Rs.6 for every gram when compared to the closing price of the previous month. The highest and lowest price for the month was recorded on the 20th and 12th of May with a gram costing Rs.4,757 and Rs.4,534 respectively. The overall performance of the metal witnessed an inclining trend in the city with the percentage change standing at 1.24%.
- The rates of gold jumped by 2.74% over the month of June in Thanjavur. Gold opened the month at Rs.4,702 per gram, an incline of Rs.3 from the price charged on the final day of the previous month. The metal recorded its highest and lowest for the month on 25th and 8th of June with a gram being retailed for Rs.4,841 and Rs.4,564 respectively.
Gold Rate Trend in Thanjavur for January 2020 to March 2020 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,922 per gram||Rs.4,077 per gram||Rs.4,185 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.4,074 per gram||Rs.4,185 per gram||Rs.4,150 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.4,125 per gram on 8 January||Rs.4,305 per gram on 24 February||Rs.4,443 per gram on 6 March|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,919 per gram on 2 January||Rs.4,030 per gram on 6 February||Rs.4,026 per gram on 19 March|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Thanjavur from January 2020 to March 2020:
- Gold opened the month of January at Rs.3,922 per gram in Thanjavur. Over the month, the rates witnessed an incline of 3.87% in the prices. The increase in the prices was accounted to increasing tensions in the Middle East after the United States of America killed a top Iranian general in a drone attack, speculations regarding the trade deal between China and the United States. The yellow metal recorded its highest and lowest price for the month in the city on 8 and 2 January with every gram costing Rs.4,125 and Rs.3,919 per gram. Gold closed the opening month of 2020 at Rs.4,074 per gram.
- In the month of February, gold price continued to see an incline. The rates opened the month at Rs.4,077 per gram in the city. Compared to the closing price of the previous month, the rates were up by Rs.3 for every gram. Gold recorded its lowest price for the month in the first week itself and was retailed for Rs.4,030 on 6th February. The dip in the prices was accounted to the outbreak of a possible pandemic after the number of coronavirus cases increased in China. The rates started to improve from the third week and recorded its highest price on 24th February with a gram of the 24-karat gold costing Rs.4,305 in the city. The rates closed at Rs.4,185 per gram with a percentage incline of 2.64%.
- In the final month of the January – March quarter, the rates of the yellow metal saw a declining trend as the coronavirus pandemic affected almost every country in the world. Having opened the month at Rs.4,185 per gram the same price at which the precious metal closed the previous month, gold prices climbed and touched its highest for the month on 6th March with a gram costing Rs.4,443 per gram. The increase in the prices was accounted to investors awaiting a possible rate cut by the US Federal Reserve to mitigate the losses caused the coronavirus pandemic. The rates slipped following that as investors sold their assets in order to hoard cash and survive in the crashing market. This meant that the precious metal suffered great losses and hit its lowest price on 19th March with a gram of the 24-costing Rs.4,026. With many countries going into lockdown, the rates remained steady in the final week of the month and closed at Rs.4,150 per gram with a monthly percentage decline of -0.83%.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Thanjavur
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu