*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Karur, located in Deccan India or South India, is a town in Tamil Nadu. This town is well known for its industries on textiles and shares a love for gold that is ubiquitous to India. Karur has a rich history in which it was ruled by the Chera, Madurai Nayaks, Hyder Ali and the British, making it quite a central location of trade and business, reaffirming its prominence in gold, be it in jewellery or commercial applications. Gold rates in this town are quite healthy owing to the flourishing industries in the area, but are also related to the rates prevalent in the international markets. As with many Indian towns and cities, gold investment through sale or otherwise gains the forefront in Karur during many festivities, especially during Deepawali and Dussehra.
Gold price in Karur
There are two variants of gold which flood the market, the 24 karat and the lesser sibling 22 karat. Karur serves as the administrative centre of the district and being an industrial focal point, also attracts quite a lot of businessmen and traders and gold trade forms an important factor in the business. Though 24 karat and 22 karat are the widely used variants, lesser purities of 18 karat and 14 karat are also sold, either for jewellery or commercial uses. Demand and supply play an important role in the price of gold, along with market trends, duties pertaining to import rates and the cess applied by the government. Overall, the price of gold in Karur stays marginally the same to the international rates.
24 karat gold
The purest variant of the yellow metal available in the market, it is also the softest and thus can’t be used on its own in making jewellery. 24 karat gold is always used in conjunction with other metals when it is being used for the purpose of making jewellery. That hardens the metal and renders it usable for daily wear and tear. 24 karat gold though is an ideal solution for those looking to invest in gold. As of March 10, 2010, a gram of gold of the 24 karat purity would cost INR 2968. This is actually a gram of the pure metal as indicated on banks’ charts. When purchased offline in gold coins, bars or jewellery, this rate will fluctuate. There had been a 5 year low in the rates of gold in 2015 and 2016 started off with gold rates slowly making their way back up. One gram of 24 karat gold has increased by around 400 rupees since January 2016 and it is expected that the rates will just keep on appreciating. The lowest value of gold was probably during the month of August 2015 wherein it was INR 2510 for one gram.
22 karat gold
Though a lesser sibling to the 24 karat gold and preferred less by aristocrats, it is the version of gold that is more feasible for buying in terms of jewellery and coins. This particular variant has a 92% purity and is marginally more affordable than its 24 karat sibling. Purchasing one gram of 22 karat gold in Karur would cost around INR 2760 as of March 10, 2016. Since it is the same metal, trends of falling rates as observed for 24 karat gold were also present for 22 karat gold. August 2015 saw the lowest rate of 22 karat gold at INR 2350 per gram and the beginning of 2016 saw the prices of 22 karat gold open at INR 2374 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs,2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram from 15 to 16 of April||Rs,2,984 per gram on May 1||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram from 8 to 9 April||Rs.2,952 per gram on 2 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold rate trend for Karur in April 2017
- Gold traded on a cautious note at Rs.2,956 per gram on the first day of April in Karur. The price of gold remained stable for the next few days, until April 3.
- On April 3, the price of gold in Karur stood at Rs.2,956 per gram. Prices of gold remained stable during the first week of the month due to weak economic data that was released in the United States and Federal Reserve developments.
- The gold price in Karur increased to Rs.2,987 per gram on April 4. The rise in price is due to local demand and increased purchases from jewellers in Karur.
- Prices fluctuated from April 5 to 8 in small margins. On April 8, the price stood at Rs.2,954 per gram. The price remained the same on the next day.
- The price of gold inclined on April 12 to Rs.3,001 per gram. This was due to rising global tensions between North Korea and Syria.
- The price increased over the next few days due to an increase in safe-haven buying and reached the highest in the month, standing at Rs.3,040 per gram from 15 to 16 of April.
- Gold rate in Karur remained relatively high around April 20, when the price of gold in Karur was Rs.3,018 per gram. However, since the rupee had appreciated, it gave opportunity for many buyers to purchase the precious yellow metal.
- The price of gold slumped during the last week of April due to the French Presidential elections.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,984 per gram on the last day of the month. During the course of April there was a 0.94% incline in the price of gold in Karur.
Gold rate trend for Karur in May 2017
- Gold opened at the market at Rs,2,984 per gram May 1, trading on a high note. This was the highest price of gold in the month of May.
- The price of gold gradually went down during the first week of May due to the rise in the US dollar rate and a fall in safe-haven buying.
- On May 5, the price of gold stood at Rs.2,908 per gram, a fall by Rs.76 per gram from May 1, when the price of gold was Rs,2,984 per gram.
- The next day, the price of gold in Karur went up all of a sudden due to Rs.2899 per gram, arise by Rs.85 per gram as compared to the previous day’s price.
- The increase in prices can be attributed to the political many political developments including the winning of Emmanuel Macron in the French Presidential elections.
- From May 10 to May 14, the price of gold continuously fell, reaching Rs.2,891per gram. This fall was due to fall in demand.
- On May 15, the price of gold in Karur inched up to Rs.2,888 per gram. Over the course of the week the price of gold continued to increase as The US dollar rate went down.
- On the last day of the month, the price of gold stood at Rs.2,968 per gram. In May, the price of gold declined in Karur by 0.53%.
Gold rate trend for Karur in June 2017
- Gold opened in the market on the first day of the month at R.2,977 per gram. There were many fluctuations in the price of gold in Karur during the first week of June.
- The price of gold rose to Rs.3,006 per gram on June 5. The price of gold continued to rise over the next few days due to the fall in the price of the US dollar.
- The price of gold reached the highest in the month on June 7, standing at Rs.3,030 per gram. This rise is attributed to political developments before the UK elections.
- Gold price in Karur went down around June 15, reaching Rs.2,963 per gram. This was because many banks faced difficulties in importing gold ahead of the new tax regimen that was about to be introduced in the country.
- The price of gold slipped to its lowest on June 20, standing at Rs.2,942 per gram.
- The price of gold on the last day of the month was Rs.2,962 per gram. There was an overall decline in the price of gold in Karur by 0.50% in June.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,957 per gram||Rs.2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.3,001 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th & 26th February||Rs.2,994 per gram on 1st March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,940 on 3rd February||Rs.2,906 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for January 2017:
- On the 1st of January in Karur,, gold was priced at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- Prices seemed to increase for the month as India, and subsequently the bullion industry, recovered from the demonetisation move orchestrated by PM Narendra Modi.
- Rates of gold was on a upswing in the month, so much that the rate seen on the 1st was the lowest rate for the entire month.
- Although, there were some fluctuations to be seen during the second half of the month, none of them affected the bullion industry as much.
- Gold prices went up to as high as Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th as demand kept increasing.
- However, when the month came to an end, gold prices had fallen slightly to end at Rs.2,942 per gram.
- In Karur, the month of January saw gold price trends go up by 4.28%.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for February 2017:
- Gold trade in February was also on the positive side as several monetary decisions taken by US President Donald Trump seemed to increase gold rates.
- On 1st February, gold was selling at Rs.2,957 per gram - a slight increase from the rates on the last day of January.
- Gold prices saw plenty of fluctuations this month as there were several international factors which affected gold trade in the city.
- Rates were at their lowest on the 3rd, when gold was trading at Rs.2,940 per gram, which then increased over the remaining days of the month, albeit with some changes.
- The last ten days of the month were very productive as gold prices seemed to go up constantly. This was also the period when gold rates reached their highest of Rs.3,014 per gram.
- February saw gold prices increase at a rate of 1.49%.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for March 2017:
- March was a slightly negative period for gold sales as US Federal Reserve rate hike wreaked havoc on bullion trading.
- When March began, gold was trading at Rs.2,994 per gram - which happened to be the highest gold rate for the month.
- As there was no surge in demand, gold prices seemed to drop over the course of the month.
- Despite some significant falls, however, gold rates rallied to end March to end at Rs.2,942 per gram.
- In Karur, for the month of March, gold prices decline by 1.73% as demand was hit quite heavily.
|1st day||Rs.3,152||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram from 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on the 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,018 on 17th October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on the 26th|
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for October 2016:
- Gold rate trend seemed to go down for much of October as global demand didn’t see much of an increase.
- The first of the month started with gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram - the highest gold price for the entire month.
- Within a week, by the 8th, gold prices had plummeted to Rs.3,026 per gram but increased slightly around 10th of the month.
- From 11th to 20th, prices seemed to fluctuate considerably as there were plenty ups and downs to be witnessed on a daily basis.
- Gold prices gained at a marginal rate for the next few days as the metal trading price went up only to Rs.3,065 per gram.
- Overall, gold rate trend in Karur saw a decline of 2.76% for the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for November 2016:
- The first week of November started pretty strong with regards to gold pricing in Karur.
- On 1st, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,075 per gram and gained a little more to hit Rs.3,119 per gram on 6th.
- The 9th saw prices increase a little more to hit Rs.3,166 per gram but it was all downhill from then on as prices went down to Rs.2,986 per gram on the 19th.
- Most of the price drop during this month was due to demonetisation introduced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The last few days of November saw prices drop yet again as rates ended at Rs.2,938 per gram on the 30th.
- Gold price trends saw a significant change of -4.45% during this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Karur for December 2016:
- The month of December followed the gold rate trend drop that was prevalent for much of this quarter.
- On 1st December, gold was seen trading at Rs.2,890 per gram and went down to Rs.2,851 per gram by the 9th.
- Prices decreased a little more to hit Rs.2,836 per gram and continued to go down for the next few days.
- The falling gold prices seemed to improve slightly, thanks to the imminent arrival of Christmas and New Year.
- At the end of the month, gold was trading at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- In the month of December, gold price trend witnessed a change of -2.48%.
|1st day||Rs.3,130 per gram||Rs.3,201 per gram||Rs.3,184 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,142 per gram||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,197 per gram on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,119 per gram on 25th of July||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,130 per gram on 1st July and declined by Rs.5 on the 2nd to remain stable for another day.
- Prices fluctuated throughout the month, with stability being recorded on very few days.
- The lowest rate recorded in the month of July was on the 25th when they fell to Rs.3,119.
- The highest recorded rate in July was on the last two days of the month, when they touched Rs.3,214.
- The overall increase in price over the course of the month was 2.68%.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in August 2016
- The rate of gold per gram on the 1stt of August was recorded at Rs.3,201.
- Prices fluctuated throughout the month, with stability being achieved only on few days.
- The highest recorded rate in the month of August was Rs.3,229 on the 3rd.
- Marginal increases were written off by subsequent declines until the 25th, after which prices fell consistently until the end of the month.
- On the last day of August, prices were recorded at Rs.3,142 per gram.
- Overall, prices declined by 1.84% between the start and end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September, which was the lowest rate for this month.
- Prices rose and remained constant from 3rd to 5th September at Rs.3,150, after which they increased consistently until the 8th of the month.
- Fluctuations were the order of the day for the rest of the month, with stability being achieved on very few days.
- The highest recorded rate in the month of September was Rs.3,197 on the 8th, and the precious metal closed the month at Rs.3,176 per gram.
- The overall decline in the month of September was a mere 0.25%.
|1st day||Rs. 2,890 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,914 per gram on 31st of May||Rs.3,013 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April||Rs. 3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,869 per gram on 4th of April||Rs. 2,899 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,916 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in April 2016
- Gold prices started low at Rs. 2,890 per gram due to the decline in demand.
- This month’s gold rate fluctuated but managed to climb.
- The highest recorded rate was on the 30th of April at Rs.3,069 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in May 2016
- Gold prices started at Rs. 3,069 per gram and rose to Rs. 3,076 on May 2nd.
- Rising expectations of a U.S. Federal Reserve Interest rate hike and a stronger dollar pushed gold rates down.
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,914 on the 31st of May, a solid decline of 5.05%.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in June 2016
- Britain’s exit from the European Union resulted in economic uncertainty throughout the gold causing investors to purchase gold heavily which in turn resulted in the increase of gold prices.
- There was a steady increase noted in the price of gold with few fluctuations seen throughout the month.
- The highest rate at which gold traded at was Rs. 3,180 per gram on the 27th of June.
- A rise of was seen in the price of gold at the end of the month with the lowest price of gold being Rs.2,916 per gram on 3rd June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,538 per gram||Rs. 2,720 per gram||Rs. 2,976 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,984 per gram||Rs. 2,891 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,719 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 2,984 per gram on 25th and 29th of February||Rs. 2,991 per gram on 8th to 10th of March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on 1st and 3rd of January||Rs. 2,720 per gram on 1st of February||Rs. 2,874 per gram on 28th of March|
|Trend||Increase in prices||Increase in prices||Decrease in prices|
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in January 2016
- At the start of the month, gold traded at Rs. 2,538. Prices stayed relatively steady at the beginning of the month.
- Owing to global demand, prices were moving up an inclined path.
- The end of the month saw the highest increase in demand when gold traded at Rs. 2,719 per gram on 28th January.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in February 2016
- Gold continued the rising trend into February trading at Rs. 2,720 per gram.
- Prices rose at the end of the month but were not free from fluctuations.
- The highest recorded prices for the month were on the 25th and 29th of the month at Rs. 2,984.
- For the month of February, gold rose by 9.70%.
Gold Rate Trend of Karur in March 2016
- Due to the decline at the end of February, March gold rates started at Rs. 2,976 per gram.
- The jeweller’s strike that was called for nationwide led to the rates being constant with very minor changes.
- The lowest price for the month was recorded towards the end on 28th March at Rs. 2,874 per gram.
- The month experienced a decline of 2.85%.
Investment in Gold in Karur
Sovereign gold bonds opening up in March and new gold schemes being offered by the government have opened up new avenues for people when it concerns investing in gold. Even if it is not going to be the more modern method, ornaments and jewellery made of gold are often passed down from generation to generation in Karur and that also counts as an investment that runs through the family. The options for investing in gold in Karur are mentioned below.
Commercial and Personal Gold
Ornaments and jewellery in Karur will never lose their yellowish lustre as people throng the shops of jewellers when it comes to buying gold for the personal and aesthetic reasons. Be it a wedding season or some major festivity around the corner, gold sales peak during such times and it is the next best thing to be considered auspicious after turmeric and the waters of the Ganges. Gold purchased from banks can be in form of coins and might be a bit cheaper than coins available at jewellers. In Karur, avenues for buying gold over the counter are a dime a dozen.
Gold through Market Trade
Sometimes one might have the funds but not the space to store gold that one invests in. Gold ETFs, future contracts and paper gold are a few of the options available with people in Karur to invest in gold. That basically allows them to own certificates that can be offered in return for the market value of gold. Even Karur Vysya Bank offers bonds in sovereign gold and that makes it all the more easier for an existing customer to invest in gold.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Karur
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- Why Gold Prices Are Up
- How New Gold Schemes are Going to Affect Indian Economy
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold