*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Erode
Erode is a South Indian city located in Tamil Nadu. It is the seventh biggest continuous urbanized area in the state of Tamil Nadu and is located on the banks of River Kaveri. The city houses many historic temples which act as a tourist attraction. It is known to be one of the largest producers of turmeric in India and also has one of the largest markets for coconut. It has a booming agricultural and textile industry which provides employment to major part of the residents of Erode. Just like any other state in South India, Gold has a booming business in the city. There are gold store spread all over the city.
Gold Rate In Erode
Gold rate anywhere is based on the weight, quantity and quality of the yellow metal and the same is applicable to the gold rate in Erode. The price for gold of 22 karat is different from that of 24 karat gold and gold is measured in grams when sold as a commodity or physical investment. Given below is the gold rate for 22 karat and 24 karat gold in Erode for different weights.
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,997 per gram||Rs.2,992 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October||Rs.3,031 per gram on 18 and 19 November||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30, 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,997 per gram on 6, 30 and 31 October||Rs.2,974 per gram on 6 November||Rs.2,903 per gram on 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,926 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,925 per gram||Rs.2,971 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,999 per gram on 29 August||Rs.3,102 per gram on 8 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,796 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,900 per gram on 5 and 6 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for July 2017:
- Gold rate in Erode opened at Rs.2,950 per gram for the month of July.
- As demand was weak in the local circles because of GST, gold rates seemed to fall for most of the month,
- Prices went to as low as Rs.2,796 per kg on the 11th and fluctuated considerably over the course of the month.
- Demand picked up slightly to end at Rs.2,869 per gram by the 20th of July,
- When the month came to an end, gold was being traded at Rs.2,925 per gram.
- Low demand brought about by the introduction of GST saw gold rate in Erode trends drop by 0.84% compared to June.
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for August 2017:
- The month of August seemed to recover from GST’s clutches, which was evident from the positive change in gold rates.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,926 per gram on the 1st of August, but rates seemed to fall as demand remained subdued for much of the month.
- A strong dollar and a resultant weak demand saw gold perform underwhelmingly over the second and third week of the month.
- But, prices surged towards the end of the month as the metal traded at Rs.2,999 per gram on 29th August.
- On the final day of August, gold traded at Rs.2,971 per gram - marking a 1.76% increase in price trends.
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for September 2017:
- September’s gold trading gained on the positive trend seen in August.
- Trading commenced for the month with the yellow metal being priced at Rs.2,995 per gram. This also was the lowest gold rate for September.
- Rates hit a high of Rs.3,102 per gram on the 8th as US - North Korea diplomatic issues deteriorated further.
- The reason for such a significant rise in prices was due to confirmation offered by North Korea about its latest and most powerful nuclear test.
- However, prices stabilised after the US dollar improved after a shambolic performance put up in the initial days of the month.
- At the time of closing on the 30th of September, gold was priced at RS.3,040 per gram.
- Prices increased by 1.50% this month, thanks to festive demand and the geopolitical conflict involving US and North Korea.
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 April and 16 April||Rs.2,971 per gram on 23 May||Rs.3,012 per gram on 8 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 April and 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold rate trend in Erode for April 2017
- Gold prices in Erode rose as April began, with the metal trading at Rs.2,956 per gram and rising to Rs.2,987 per gram on 4 April as a result of conducive market forces.
- The fluctuation in the U.S. dollar value led to increased offtake from jewellers as well as Asian markets, which helped keep prices steady with some minor variations.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,018 per gram on 13 April as U.S. markets reeled from continued allegations of Russian interference in the U.S. presidential election result, as the dollar fell heavily against other global currencies.
- Reaching a monthly high of Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April, gold prices were steady for the majority of the month.
- A decline in local demand led to a drop in price as gold traded at Rs.2,998 per gram on 24 April.
- A recovery by the markets led to a further drop in demand for gold which led to the metal trading at Rs.2,973 per gram on 26 April before prices rose to Rs.2,984 per gram on 30 April.
- Positive cues and favourable market conditions led to gold prices rising by 0.94% over the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Erode for May 2017
- Gold prices began the month trading at Rs.2,984 per gram and fell in the subsequent days due to reduced demand from European markets.
- The victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French election buoyed markets across the continent and also helped boost American markets, though the dollar was volatile.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,896 per gram on 8 May with no major change in price observed for the rest of the week.
- As the U.S. markets recovered from their earlier slump, demand for gold plunged further with the metal trading at Rs.2,954 per gram from 19-21 May.
- Minor fluctuations in the price of gold were recorded as the month progressed but the general trend was one of a decline in demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram on 27 May before prices fell to Rs.2,968 per gram on 31 May, recording a decline in the overall price by 0.53%.
Gold rate trend in Erode for June 2017
- Gold prices in Erode in June fluctuated due to the weakening U.S. dollar and fluctuations in demand from Asian countries as well as Europe.
- The yellow metal was priced at Rs.2,977 per gram on 1 June and rose to Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June due to a weak dollar and falling U.S. markets.
- The ongoing investigation into Russia influencing the U.S. presidential election coupled with ramped up crude oil production kept dollar values low.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,967 per gram on 13 June as markets began to recover and local demand was low.
- European markets also reduced demand for gold as the G20 summit negotiations boosted bourses across the continent.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June but recovered as the month progressed, trading at Rs.2,965 per gram on 23 June.
- Prices were stable towards the end of the month, with gold trading at Rs.2,962 per gram on 30 June.
Gold Rate Trend in Erode for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,957 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.3,001 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,974 per gram on 24th January||Rs.3,014 per gram on 25th and 26th February||Rs.2,994 per gram on March 4thand 5th|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,940 per gram on 3rd February||Rs.2,900 per gram on March 15th|
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in January 2017:
- Gold opened the trading for the month of January at Rs.2,821 per gram on January 1st.
- Positive global demand for Gold saw the price of Gold rise to Rs.2,858 per gram on January 5th.
- Gold ended the first week of trading at Rs.2,872 per gram on January 8th.
- A uncertain environment surrounding the US monetary policy allowed Gold to climb to Rs.2,895 on the 9th of January.
- A healthy demand for the precious metal globally allowed Gold to continue its rise to Rs.2,914 per gram on January 11th.
- A weakened US Dollar and healthy global demand saw Gold close the week’s trading at Rs.2,941 per gram on January 15th.
- Emerging global demand saw Gold open the third week of trading at Rs.2,955 per gram on January 16th.
- Sustained demand and a struggling US Dollar saw Gold rise to Rs.2,971 per gram on January 18th.
- Technical trading saw Gold prices slip to Rs.2,951 per gram on January 19th and January 20th.
- Prevailing low prices saw a marginal increase in the demand for Gold, allowing it to climb to Rs.2,962 per gram to close the third week of trading on January 22nd.
- A healthy demand in the domestic market for Gold saw it open the fourth week of trading at Rs.2,970 per gram on January 23rd.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to slip to Rs.2,911 per gram on January 27th.
- A strong trend globally and a weakened US Dollar saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,937 per gram on January 30th.
- Sustained demand for Gold saw it close the month’s trading at Rs.2,942 per gram on January 31st.
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in February 2017:
- A global upswing in demand saw it open trading for the month of February at Rs.2,957 per gram on February 1st which was sustained till February 2nd.
- Gold hit a monthly low of Rs.2,940 per gram on February 3rd.
- Technical buying allowed Gold to marginally rise to Rs.2,944 per gram on February 4th, which was sustained till February 5th to close the week’s trading.
- Sustained technical buying in the domestic market saw Gold open the second week of trading at Rs.2,954 per gram on February 6th.
- Uncertainty looming over the US monetary policy saw Gold climb to a week high of Rs.2,989 per gram on February 8th.
- Expected US Federal Interest Rate hikes saw Gold slip to Rs.2,946 per gram on February 10th.
- Prevailing low prices saw an increase in demand, allowing Gold to recover to Rs.2,964 per gram on February 11th, this price was sustained till the end of the week’s trade on February 12th.
- Technical selling saw Gold prices drop to Rs.2,959 per gram to open the third week of trading on February 13th.
- A drop in domestic demand saw Gold prices slip to its week’s lowest price of Rs.2,947 per gram on February 15th.
- Negative US economic data saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,990 per gram on February 17th.
- A drop in domestic demand saw Gold slip to Rs.2,980 per gram on February 18th, this was sustained till the end of the week on February 19th.
- Technical buying saw Gold open the fourth week of trading at Rs.2,976 per gram on February 20th.
- Gold hit a monthly high of Rs.3,014 on February 25th and 26th amid uncertainty pertaining to the US monetary policy.
- Technical trading stabilized Gold at Rs.3,001 per gram on February 27th, this was held till February 28th to close the month’s trading.
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in March 2017:
- Gold opened trading for the month of March at Rs.2,994 per gram on March 1st.
- Expectations of a US Federal Interest Rate hike in March saw Gold slip to Rs.2,961 per gram on March 3rd.
- A weak demand domestically saw Gold prices slip to Rs.2,931 per gram on March 10th.
- A stronger US Dollar and a weak global demand saw domestic prices of Gold fall to Rs.2,929 per gram on March 14th.
- A marginally weakened US Dollar saw Gold prices rise to Rs.2,940 per gram on March 18th and March 19th.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to slip to Rs.2,964 per gram between March 24th and March 26th.
- A strong demand for Gold allowed it to recover to Rs.2,979 per gram on March 27th.
- Technical corrections caused Gold to drop to Rs.2,942 per gram to close the month’s trading on March 31st.
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,075 per gram||Rs.2,890 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st October and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 5th and 6th November||Rs.2,892 per gram on 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th and 16th of October||Rs.2,932 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 22nd December|
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in October 2016
- On the 1st of October, the price of gold was Rs.3,152 per gram in erode, with prices remaining constant until the 2nd due to demand from both domestic as well as overseas markets. This was also the highest at which gold was priced in October. This rate, however could not be sustained and the price of gold declined over the next few days.
- Rate of gold was Rs.3,040 per gram for 24 karat gold on the 6th of October and declined steadily as the week progressed. On the 15th of October, rate of gold declined to Rs.3,021 per gram and was the same the next day as well. This was the lowest rate at which gold traded at for the month.
- However, despite demand due to ongoing wedding season, there was a decline of 2.76% noted in the price of gold at the end of the month.
- Throughout the month of October, there were a minor fluctuations witnessed in gold prices.
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in November 2016
- In November, the rate of gold was quite high which can attributed to high demand as it was a continuation of the wedding season in India. Gold rate was quite high during the beginning of the month where the price was Rs.3,075 per gram. However, prices increased from the 2nd of November due to a high demand for gold in both overseas and domestic markets.
- The rate of gold was Rs.3,104 per gram on 2nd November and Rs.3,098 per gram on 3rd November. On the 4th of November, rate of gold increased to Rs.3,112 per gram.
- On the November 5th, the rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,119 per gram and stayed steady at this the next day as well. This price could not be sustained and reduced again before shooting up to Rs.3166 per gram on the 9th of December which was the highest for the month of November.
- On November 8th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the ban of notes worth Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 in order to combat corruption. This rule was termed as demonetization. Due to the severe cash crunch that followed in the wake of this announcement, fluctuations were noted in the price of gold.
- The rate of gold declined steadily throughout November with some fluctuations here and there.
- From the 20th of November, gold was priced at Rs.2,986 per gram. Gold traded at Rs.2,932 per gram on the 25th of November and this was the lowest rate at which gold traded at for the month.
- Towards the end of November, the price of gold fluctuated before closing at Rs.2,942 per gram.. A number of factors contributed to a decline of 4.01% in the price of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Erode in December 2016
- On the 1st of December, the price was Rs.2,890 per gram. Gold rate increased by Rs.2 the next day but decreased steadily thereafter over the following days.
- However, the gold increased to Rs.2,893 per gram on the 5th of December and 6th of December which was also the highest rate at which gold traded at for the month.
- Price of gold reduced thereafter and was steady at Rs.2,836 per gram and finally declined to Rs.2,800 per gram in the 15th of December.
- The rate of gold continued reduced with a few minor fluctuations. This could be attributed to reduced demand for gold both overseas and in India.
- On the last day of December, the price of gold was Rs.2,821 per gram. A decline of 2.38% was recorded over with respect to gold rate.
|First day||Rs.3,129 per gram||Rs.3,201 per gram||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,142 per gram||Rs.3,176 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,229 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,197 on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,118.50 per gram on 25th July||Rs.3,142 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,120 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in July 2016
- Gold prices climbed by 2.72% this month on account of high demand in the domestic and global market.
- On 1st July, gold traded at Rs.3,129 per gram.
- The market had a bullish outlook as there were expectations that the central banks would provide monetary stimulus into the markets to negate the effects of the Brexit vote.
- By the end of the month, gold had climbed to Rs.3,214 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in August 2016
- The trend in gold prices this month was a decline of 2.08% because of growing expectations of the Fed rate hike this month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,201 per gram on 1st August.
- Initially, gold prices climbed as demand was stable.
- Gold traded at its highest on 3rd August at Rs.3,229 per gram.
- The U.S Federal Reserve raised expectations of the interest rate hike which led to demand dropping in the global markets.
- The week closed with gold trading low at Rs.3,142 on 31st August.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in September 2016
- Gold prices were low at the start of the month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,120 per gram on 1st September which was the lowest rate recorded for this month.
- By 8th September, gold reached its highest price for the month, trading at Rs.3,120 per gram.
- Gold prices climbed this month on account of the U.S. Federal Reserve rate hike being put on hold in light of the upcoming U.S. presidential elections.
- The trend for this month was an increase of 1.79% in gold prices.
|1st day||Rs. 2,890 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,918 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,914 per gram on 31st of May||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April||Rs. 3,076 per gram on May 2nd||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,869 per gram on 4th of April||Rs. 2,899 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,911 per gram on 3rd June|
|Trend||Rising||Decline||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in April 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,890 per gram on the 1st of April.
- Gold rate fluctuated a lot in April but still managed to rise to Rs. 3,069 per gram by the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in May 2016
- Expectations of a rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve pushed down gold prices as gold stood at Rs. 3,076 per gram on May 2nd.
- Rising dollar further led to the decline of gold in May as gold traded at Rs. 2,914 per gram on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in June 2016
- Gold prices in Guntur were on the rise due to market forces and increased domestic demand.
- Demand rose domestically in spite of a global trend of falling gold sales due to market stability at the start of the month.
- Equities fell as the British referendum drew close, with the markets falling sharply and gold demand rising as the results were announced.
- Gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,103 per gram after a high of Rs.3,180 per gram.
|1st day||Rs. 2,538 per gram||Rs. 2,720 per gram||Rs. 2,976 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,984 per gram||Rs. 2,891 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,719 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 2,984 per gram on 25th of February||Rs. 2,991 per gram on 8th and 9th of March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on 1st and 3rd of January||Rs. 2,720 per gram on 1st of February||Rs. 2,874 per gram on 28th of March|
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in January 2016
- Gold opened at Rs. 2,538 per gram on 1st of January.
- Gold witnessed a steady rise in January owing to global demand.
- By the end of January gold price had rose owing to the wedding season. Gold traded at Rs. 2,710 per gram on 30th of January.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in February 2016
- Gold stood at Rs. 2,720 per gram on the 1st of February.
- There was a steady rise in gold rate in February and gold hits its peak for the month on 25th of February at Rs. 2,984 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Erode in March 2016
- There was a decline in gold rate from 29th of February as gold opened at Rs. 2,976 per gram on 1st of March.
- Low demand led to a further decline as gold was at its lowest for the month at Rs. 2,874 per gram on 28th of March.
Gold rate for 22 karat
Weight of 22 karat gold
Price for 22 karat gold
Gold rate for 24 karat
Weight of 24 karat gold
Price for 24 karat gold
**The above mentioned rates are of 12/3/2016 and are subject to change.
Gold investments in Erode
While majority of the population views gold as a commodity, there are others who know that gold can also act as an investment. Listed below are the most popular gold investment options in Erode.
- Gold jewelry- This is the most popular form of investment when it comes to Gold in Erode. Majority of the people prefer to purchase gold jewelry over other gold investments. But the price of gold jewelry will be much higher than the actual rate of gold as it includes many other charges like making charge, wastage charge, etc. Gold jewelry does not have much of a resale value if it has a very intricate design with precious stones and the price of the stones won’t be taken into value at the time of relase.
- Market trade- One can invest in gold ETFs, E-gold and gold futures. It offers a very convenient and easy way to get exposure to gold in India. Though this type of investment is not as popular yet, a lot of people have started investing in it owing to the advantages offered by the investment.
- Gold bullion and coins- Gold bullion and coins is another form to invest in gold. Gold bullion is the purest for of gold one can invest in and gold coins are relatively cheaper than bullion for people looking to invest minimum amount.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Erode
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu
Read more on Gold
- India's Obsession For Gold
- Top 8 Reasons to Invest in Gold
- What Do The Markings On Gold Mean
- Gold Rate Outlook for India in 2016
- Where To Buy Gold In India