*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold rates in the first two months of 2016 have been on the rise despite strong US jobs data and equities and weak demand among other factors. Gold rates in India are influenced by various national and international factors such as import duties, inflation, current account deficit, currency fluctuations and so forth. According to reports, geopolitical conflicts and plummeting stock markets have resulted in strengthening the position of gold as a safe haven asset this year.
Nellore is one of the well-known districts in Andhra Pradesh owing to its cultural and historical importance. Gold is viewed as a traditional form of investment in Nellore as most residents buy various forms of gold jewelry, coins and bars. The gold jewelry is handed down from generation to generation in many households. Gold jewelry is an important part of various auspicious occasions and ceremonies such as weddings and religious processions.
Gold as an investment in Nellore
Gold bars and coins are widely sold and bought in Nellore. Gold is highly sought-after given its intrinsic value. Many residents in Nellore invest in Gold coins as a hedge against inflation. In many rural areas, the precious yellow metal is more easily accessible and sought-after compared to bank deposits owing to the former being viewed as a robust investment option.
Physical Gold: There are various jewellery stores in Nellore such as Jain Gold, Shantilal and Sons and Tata Gold Plus among others. Wedding jewellry with intricate designs is much in demand by most consumers in Nellore. Gold rings and various forms of temple jewelry are also much in demand.
Gold Contracts: The MCX (Multi Commodity Exchange) and NSEL (National Spot Exchange)
sell spot and future gold contracts in India. MCX Gold contracts are available in two variants - 1 kg and 100 grams (Gold Mini).
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,002 per gram
Rs.3,040 per gram
Rs.3,043 per gram
Rs.3,045 per gram
Rs.3,046 per gram
Rs.3,072 per gram
Rs.3,084 per gram on 20 & 21 January
Rs.3,103 per gram on 14 February
Rs.3,105 per gram on 24 & 25 March
Rs.3,001 per gram on 4 January
Rs.3,003 per gram on 8 February
Rs.3,030 per gram on 19 March
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,040 per gram||Rs.2,974 per gram||Rs.2,982 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,996 per gram||Rs.2,996 per gram||Rs.3,015 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 and 15 October||Rs.3,030 per gram 18 to 20 November||Rs.3,015 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,996 per gram on 31 October||Rs.2,974 per gram on 1 and 6 November||Rs.2,906 per gram on 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for October 2017:
- The price of gold in Nellore was Rs.3,040 per gram on 1 October as demand was steady.
- Demand dropped sharply as gold price in Nellore fell to Rs.2,997 per gram on 6 October following the sudden rise in the dollar rate.
- Local demand was also muted in spite of the festive season due to unfavourable market cues.
- As Diwali approached, there was a gradual increase in gold prices, with the metal trading at Rs.3,059 per gram on 14 October.
- Equities lost ground as the dollar slipped against global currencies, resulting in a rise in the price of gold.
- Demand from local industrial units and jewellers also increased, which led to a spurt in the price of gold.
- A gradual drop in price was recorded towards the end of the month, with gold trading at Rs.3,026 per gram on 20 October and later falling to Rs.3,000 per gram on 26 October.
- Prices continued their downward spiral, as gold ended the month at Rs.2,997 per gram due to poor demand.
Gold Rate Trend In Nellore For November 2017:
- The start of trading in Nellore saw gold priced at Rs.2,998 per gram, as there was minimal movement in price.
- Industrial demand from Asia was muted due to a stable U.S. Dollar, which made imports more expensive.
- Gold price in Nellore dropped to Rs.2,974 per gram on 6 November after a rally by markets led to a further decrease in demand for the precious metal.
- There was a slight gain in the price as local demand picked up, with gold priced at Rs.3,015 per gram on 12 November.
- Gold made gains as political tensions within the United States led to market turbulence, as gold rose to Rs.3,031 per gram on 18 November.
- As the dollar recouped its losses in the last week of November, there was a gradual drop in demand for gold overseas.
- Local demand was steady and kept prices from dropping too sharply, as gold ended the month priced at Rs.2,992 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend In Nellore For December 2017:
- The last month of the year saw a number of fluctuations in the price of gold in Nellore.
- The month opened with the precious metal trading at Rs.2,982 per gram as local demand was high due to poorly performing equity markets.
- Gold price in Nellore dipped to Rs.2,917 per gram on 8 December as the dollar made a sharp upswing after the release of the new U.S. tax policy.
- Markets across the world reacted strongly to the sudden rise in the dollar, with gold prices dropping sharply.
- There was a slight recovery in the price of gold as the month progressed, though this change was minimal.
- As the tax implications of the new policy sunk in, there was panic selling and the dollar value plunge,d leading to a renewed interest in bullion.
- Gold prices in Nellore rose to Rs.2,985 per gram on 28 December.
- There was a further rise in the price of gold as tensions with North Korea led to global panic, sending investors rushing to invest in gold as a safe-haven asset.
- Prices closed at Rs.3,015 per gram on 31 December as gold registered a rise of 1.10% over the course of the month.
Find Today's Gold Rate in Top Metro Cities
|Today's Gold Rate in Mumbai||Today's Gold Rate in Chennai||Today's Gold Rate in Bangalore|
|Today's Gold Rate in Delhi||Today's Gold Rate in Kolkata||Today's Gold Rate in Hyderabad|
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,950 per gram||Rs.2,931 per gram||Rs.2,995 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,920 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.3,040 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,950 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.2,977 per gram on 12 & 13 August||Rs.2,995 per gram on 1 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,800 per gram on 14 July||Rs.2,900 per gram from 5- 7 August||Rs.3,071 per gram on 7 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for July 2017:
- Gold opened at Rs.2,950 per gram in Nellore. But, rates declined over the initial weeks due to poor marketing conditions.
- Add to this, the imposition of 3% GST on gold jewellery led to investors remaining on the cautious side.
- Gold rates in Nellore decline significantly towards the second week as import costs rose due to a steadily strengthening US dollar.
- The yellow metal was valued at its lowest on the 14th, when the metal traded at Rs.2,800 per gram on the 14th of July.
- Local demand however, recovered slightly over the remaining two weeks of the month as the greenback weakened due to poor marketing conditions in the US.
- When the month came to an end, gold was priced at Rs.2,920 per gram. Overall, there was a 1.01% decline in gold rates because of weak demand brought about by GST and a strong US dollar.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for August 2017:
- Demand for the yellow metal improved this month as investors acquainted themselves better with the new GST rule.
- Gold price in Nellore Rs.2,931 per gram on the 1st of August - a Rs.11 increase from the previous day’s rates.
- The yellow metal’s rates began to pick up towards the end of the month as the US dollar seemed to weaken amid the rising conflict between the US and North Korea.
- Gold traded at its highest of Rs.2,980 per gram on the 29th of August as festive demand pushed rates up.
- When the month end, the yellow metal traded at Rs.2,965 per gram.
- This month saw gold rates in Nellore surge up by 1.16%, thanks to favourable market conditions.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for September 2017:
- September turned out to be the best month for gold trading as markets crashed amid reports on North Korea’s nuclear tests.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,995 per gram and saw considerable increase over the course of the first week.
- On the 7th, gold rate in Nellore hit Rs.3,071 per gram - the highest for the month - as domestic demand surged due to positive cues from the international market.
- A confirmation offered by North Korea about its most powerful nuclear test triggered the volatility of key western markets.
- Gold demand consolidated towards the end of the month, as the dollar made a comeback, to trade at Rs.3,040 per gram.
- Strong global cues along with Dusshera and Dhanteras demand pushed gold rates in Nellore up by 1.5% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April||Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 & 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold rate trend in Nellore for April 2017
- The price of gold in Nellore was on the upswing as April began, trading at Rs.2,956 per gram on 1 April.
- Prices rose as the U.S. dollar was under pressure and fluctuated, which led to higher demand from overseas customers and industry.
- Local demand was muted, which led to some fluctuation in the price of gold as it fell to Rs.2954 per gram on 9 April before recovering to trade at Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April.
- As U.S. markets struggled to stay afloat due to tensions with North Korea and the scandal enveloping the White House, demand for the yellow metal increased but local demand was muted.
- Gold prices dropped to Rs.3,020 per gram on 20 April and continued to drop as the month progressed, trading at Rs.2,970 per gram on 28 April.
- Prices recovered marginally as the month ended, with gold trading at Rs.2,984 per gram on 30 April to record an overall increases in price by 0.94%.
Gold rate trend in Nellore for May 2017
- Gold prices fluctuated towards the beginning of May due to market volatility and reducing demand for gold.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May before dropping to Rs.2,899 per gram on 6 May as European markets surged following the victory of Emmanuel Macron in the French presidential election.
- Local demand also declined due to higher costs associated with a rising U.S. dollar.
- Gold rates continued to fluctuate for the rest of the month, trading at Rs.2,910 per gram on 17 May before an increase in demand from local jewellers led to prices rising to Rs.2,954 per gram on 20 May.
- Prices climbed towards the end of the month as the Russia scandal began to envelop the Trump administration, which led to a drop in markets and investor confidence.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,979 per gram on 27 May before prices dipped marginally to end the month at Rs.2,963 per gram on 31 May.
- Unfavourable market conditions as well as a reduction in demand led to gold prices falling sharply, with a decline of 0.53% in the value of gold over the course of the month.
Gold rate trend in Nellore for June 2017
- The month of June began with gold trading at Rs.2,985 per gram on 1 June and rose to Rs.3,012 per gram on 5 June as the U.S. dollar was on the decline due to internal political crises plaguing the administration.
- Prices rose to a monthly high of Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June before demand began to drop due to a reduction in overseas demand.
- Local demand from jewellers was muted in spite of favourable market conditions, which led to gold trading at Rs.2,975 per gram on 12 June.
- The G20 summit and its implications on the business sector led to markets recovering marginally, which led to a reduction in demand for the yellow metal.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 June due to a sharp decline in demand but recovered to trade at Rs.2,964 per gram on 25 June.
- Prices fluctuated as the month drew to a close, trading at Rs.3,967 per gram on 30 June.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.2,940 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,978 per gram on 23rd January||Rs.3,014 per gram on the 25th and 26th of February||Rs.2,994 per gram on the 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,944 per gram on the 4th and 5th of February||Rs.2,900 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in January 2017
- On the first day of the new year, gold traded at Rs.2,821 per gram due to low demand for this metal. This was also the lowest at which gold traded for the month.
- There was a marginal rise in the rate of gold over the next few days due to slow demand for this metal.
- At the end of the first week of January the rate of gold rose up to Rs.2,872 per gram and stayed at this rate the next day as well.
- There was a slight improvement in the rate of gold from the 14th of January onwards due to the harvest festival of Sankranti in Nellore. Gold was priced at Rs.2,941 per gram on the 14th and 15th of January before continuing to rise.
- On the last day of the month, gold was priced at Rs.2,954 per gram, with a rise of 4.71% in the price of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in February 2017
- On the first day of February, gold was priced at Rs.2,965 per gram and fell the next day to trade at Rs.2,954 per gram.
- However, due to a fall in the demand for this metal, the rate of gold fell to Rs.2,944 per gram on the 4th of February. This rate was also noted on the 5th of February.
- There was a marginal improvement in the rate of gold as the week progressed with this metal trading at Rs.2,964 per gram on the 11th and 12th of February after which prices dropped again.
- The rate of this precious metal rose up again on the 17th of February to trade at Rs.2,988 per gram.
- Gold traded at its highest rate on the 25th and 26th of February wherein it was priced at Rs.3,014 per gram. However, this rate could not be sustained and at the end of the month, gold traded at Rs.3,003 per gram recording a rise of 1.28% in the price.
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in March 2017
- Gold traded at a promising rate of Rs.2,990 per gram on the first of the month before rising to the monthly high price of Rs.2,994 per gram.
- However, these rates could not be sustained due to a fall in the demand for this precious metal resulting in gold trading between Rs.2,972 per gram and Rs.2,951 per gram between the 3rd and 9th of March.
- The rate of gold continued to fall with gold trading at Rs.2,900 per gram on the 15th of March which was also the lowest at which gold traded during the month. This could be attributed to the Dutch Elections and the decision of the U.S. Fed Reserve regarding the rate of interest.
- Towards the end of the month, the rate of gold fell, with a few minor variations here and there. On the last day of the month gold traded at Rs.2,940 per gram recording a decline of 1.67% in the price of this precious metal.
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,067 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st & 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th & 16th October||Rs.2,914 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in October 2016
- The first week of October began with gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram but had to withstand a lot of fluctuations over the course of the month.
- October was the period when the results of the US Presidential Elections were to be announced, which led to massive uncertainty in global markets thereby increasing demand for gold.
- By the beginning of the second week, gold prices had fallen by Rs.126 per gram to hit Rs.3,026 per gram.
- Overall, the gold prices decline by 2.69% during the month of October.
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in November 2016
- When November began gold was trading at Rs.3,065 per gram.
- This month witnessed a number of global and national factors which brought about fluctuations throughout the month.
- A Donald Trump victory in the US presidential race brought about a meltdown in the markets, which led to increasing gold rates.
- India had a major event of its own - demonetisation of Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes, which again increased the demand for gold as markets tumbled.
- However, all the demand came to almost nothing as people didn’t have enough money to purchase the yellow metal due to a nationwide cash crunch.
- The festive season couldn’t change the demand either as the government had introduced the PAN card rule for gold purchases for Rs.2 lakh plus worth gold purchase.
- November saw gold prices change by -4.01% in Nellore.
Gold Rate Trend for Nellore in December 2016
- Demonetisation held its firm grip over the country as cash crunch still remained the order of the day.
- The month began with gold trading at Rs.2,893 per gram, before falling considerably during the second week.
- Prices dropped significantly from 11th to the 20th as gold trading prices went down from Rs.2,836 per gram to Rs.2,788 per gram.
- Rates went from Rs.2,783 per gram on the 27th to Rs.2,804 per gram on the 28th.
- The last month of 2016 ended with gold prices holding at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- A price change of -2.48% to be seen during the month of December with regards to gold trade.
|1st day||Rs.3,127.50 per gram||Rs.3,215 per gram||Rs.3,132 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram||Rs.3,169 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,224 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,195 on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,127.50 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,132 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Nellore in July 2016
- On 1st July, gold was seen trading at Rs.3,127.50 per gram.
- Trends in the global market were positive as expectations of monetary stimulus from central banks post the Brexit vote were rising.
- There was talk of the Fed rate hike but demand for gold continued to be strong.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,214 per gram on 31st July, the highest price for this month.
- Gold prices rose by 2.77% this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Nellore in August 2016
- Demand for the yellow metal continued to rise at the start of the month.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,215 per gram on August 1st and climbed to Rs.3,249 per gram on August 3rd, which was the highest for this month.
- The U.S Federal Reserve raised expectations of the interest rate hike. Demand for gold started to fall.
- In the domestic market, the fall in prices was welcomed as it happened just in time for the festive season.
- Prices plummeted down to Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August which was the lowest price for this month.
- The trend for this month was a decline of 2.08% in gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend of Nellore in September 2016
- Bearish sentiments ruled the global market as expectations of the rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve were high.
- In the domestic market, festive demand had not yet picked up as anticipated.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September.
- The market outlook was quick to change when the U.S. Federal Reserve suddenly announced its decision to delay the interest rate hike in light of the upcoming U.S. presidential elections.
- On 8th September, gold prices climbed to Rs.3,195 per gram, the highest price for this month.
- Demand for gold picked up in the global and domestic markets.
- On 30th September, gold traded at Rs.3,169 per gram.
- There was an increase of 1.18% in gold prices this month.
|1st day||Rs. 2,894 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,918 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,916 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,069 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,069 on May 1||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,876 per gram on April 4||Rs. 2,900 on May 30||Rs.2,911 per gram on 3rd June|
|Trend||Rising||Decline||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore in April 2016
- Due to an ongoing strike by jewellers, the price of gold at the beginning of the month was quite low, at Rs. 2,894 per gram.
- However, as the month progressed, the rates increased quite steadily, closing at Rs. 3,069 per gram which was also the highest for the month.
- An increase of 6.04% was noted at the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore in May 2016
- A decline of 4.98% was witnessed in the month of May with respect to the price of gold per gram.
- The highest price noted was on the first of the month wherein gold traded at Rs. 3,069 per gram.
- However, as the month progressed, prices steadily declined closing at Rs. 2,916 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Nellore in June 2016
- Prices of gold in Nellore started off steady but rose sharply as demand picked up on global cues and increased domestic demand.
- The prices stabilised as demand was stable, in spite of the markets and currencies performing well.
- The British referendum and uncertainty over the outcome caused markets to drop and gold demand rose.
- With Britain voting to leave the EU, markets crashed and gold made gains, closing at Rs.3,103 per gram.
|1st day||Rs. 2,541 per gram||Rs. 2,714 per gram||Rs. 2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,964 per gram||Rs. 2,883 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on January 28||Rs. 2,987 per gram on February 28.||Rs. 2,991 per gram on March 31|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on January 2.||Rs. 2,714 per gram on February 1.||Rs. 2,871 per gram on March 28|
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore in January 2016
- The gold rates in January fluctuated throughout the month but did not cross Rs. 2,727 per gram.
- Towards the end of the month, gold traded at Rs. 2,710 per gram.
- Gold trading for January began at Rs. 2,541 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore in February 2016
- Gold trading for the month of February began at Rs. 2.714 per gram.
- Rate of gold was quite steady throughout the month with minor fluctuations.
- A rise of 9.21% was noted in the price as the month progressed.
Gold Rate Trend in Nellore in March 2016
- Due to stable demand for gold, rates were relatively stable during the beginning of the month.
- However, rates declined as the month progressed, closing at Rs. 2,883 per gram.
- A decline of 3.07% was noted as reports of rate hike by U.S. Fed gathered steam.
Gold rates in Nellore
The price of gold has been on the rise in 2016 across the world including India. Gold rates in Nellore mirrored the world-wide trend in that 1 gm of 24 karat gold which was pegged at Rs.2610 on January 1st, 2016 rose by 2.6% to Rs.2679 on January 10th, 2016. The price of the precious yellow metal rose further in the first month of the year registering a 2.9% increase at Rs.2759 on January 31st, 2016. The months of February 2016 witnessed a similar trajectory in terms of rise in gold rates in that 1 gm of 24 karat gold which was pegged at Rs.2866 on February 9th rose by 3% to Rs.2952 on February 18th. The trend continued in the following days as the price of gold reached a peak at Rs.3016 on February 28th. The price of 1 gm of gold is pegged at Rs.3036 as on March 9th, 2016. The price of gold plummeted throughout 2015 with the exceptions of a few mini-rallies in the months of May and June. 1 gm of 24 karat gold was pegged at Rs.2848 in January 2015 fell in the following months to Rs.2724 in July 2015. The price further fell in the months of August and September to Rs.2694. 1 gm of 24 karat gold was pegged at Rs.2563 on December 28th, 2015.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Andhra Pradesh
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Nellore
|Gold Rate In Hyderabad||Gold Rate In Vijayawada||Gold Rate In Visakhapatnam|
|Gold Rate In Guntur||Gold Rate In Kurnool||Gold Rate In Rajahmundry|
|Gold Rate In Kakinada||Gold Rate In Proddatur||Gold Rate In Warangal|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2018
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Gold Price Valuation In India
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- Basic Highlights Of The Gold Schemes Launched In 2015