*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Rajahmundry is one of the biggest cities in Andhra Pradesh located on the banks of river Godavari river. The city was earlier known as Rajamahendravaram and is well known for its rich historic, economic and cultural backgrounds. It has earned the name ‘Cultural Capital of Andhra Pradesh’ over the years. The city’s museums and the river Godavari acts as the main tourist attraction in the city. The city is well known for its cloth and bullion markets. It houses one of the largest cloth markets in India and has many co-operative handloom houses located all over the city. The city is one of the bullion markets in the country and consists hundreds of shops that trade in not only gold but silver and platinum too.
Gold rate in Rajahmundry
The rate of gold varies from state to state in India. The price of gold in Rajahmundry depends on the quality of gold and weight of gold. Gold is weighed in grams and the price is decided according to the weight. The gold rate for 22 karat and 24 karat gold varies vastly as the purity of gold differs. Listed below is the gold rate for 22 karat and 24 karat gold in Rajahmundry as of 9th March 2016.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,956 per gram||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,977 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,984 per gram||Rs.2,968 per gram||Rs.2,962 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 & 16 April||Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May||Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 & 9 April||Rs.2,888 per gram on 15 May||Rs.2,942 per gram on 20 June|
Gold rate trend in Rajahmundry for April 2017
- The fluctuating demand for gold in Rajahmundry priced the precious metal at Rs.2,956 per gram on 1 April which dropped to Rs.2,983 per gram on 5 April.
- The subdued demand for gold from the local markets led to gold being priced at Rs.2,954 per gram on 8 April.
- Fluctuating U.S. dollar rates boosted the demand for gold from the local market which priced it at Rs.3,010 per gram on 12 April.
- Investors showed an incline in demand due to falling markets, gold was priced at Rs.3,040 per gram on 15 April.
- The overall decline in demand from the international industrial sector caused a dip in rates to Rs.2,998 per gram on 25 April as the French Election 2017 started boosting the markets.
- Ending the month with Rs.2,984 per gram, gold rate in Rajahmundry showed an incline of 0.94% for the month of April.
Gold rate trend in Rajahmundry for May 2017
- The boosted European markets due to the French Election 2017 caused a decline in the demand for gold in the month of May.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,984 per gram on 1 May and fell to Rs.2,899 per gram on 7 May as the victory of Emmanuel Macron boosted the stock markets.
- Priced at Rs.2,892 per gram on 14 May, the subdued demand for gold caused a decline in the prices.
- The poor U.S. dollar rates and a slight increase in gold’s demand contributed to the increase in prices to Rs.2,956 per gram on 18 May and Rs.2,979 per gram on 23 May.
- Though the gold rates were at Rs.2,984 per gram on 30 May, it dipped to Rs.2,963 per gram on the last day of the month.
- The gold prices fell by - 0.53% showing an overall decline in the demand.
Gold rate trend in Rajahmundry for June 2017
- For the month of June in Rajahmundry, the demand for gold was noticed to be strong due to various factors. Gold was priced at Rs.2,985 per gram at the beginning of the month which increased to Rs.3,030 per gram on 7 June.
- The investors coming from falling markets started looking for a safe haven which led to an increase in the demand, however, the reduced local demand priced gold at Rs.2,981 per gram on 11 June.
- The subdued demand from local and markets due to speculations pertaining to trade in crude dropped the gold rates to Rs.2,949 per gram on 19 June in spite of the weak U.S. dollar rates.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,964 per gram on 24 June as an incline in demand from local jewellers was noted.
- Though gold traded at Rs.2,977 per gram on 26 June, it was priced at Rs.2,967 per gram on 30 June.
- An overall decline in the demand for gold led to a -0.05% drop in the gold prices for the month of June.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,821 per gram||Rs.2,965 per gram||Rs.2,990 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,954 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.2,940 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,978 per gram on 23rd January||Rs.3,014 per gram on the 25th and 26th of February||Rs.2,994 per gram on the 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,821 per gram on 1st January||Rs.2,944 per gram on the 4th and 5th of February||Rs.2,900 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend for Rajahmundry in January 2017:
- Gold put up a great performance in January as the effects of demonetisation decreased with more cash entering the economy.
- On 1st, gold was trading at Rs.2,821 per gram, which increased over the next few days as demand increased amidst global concerns
- Prices kept increasing as they went to Rs.2,876 per gram by the 9th and went up to Rs.2,974 per gram by the 18th.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.2,954 per gram,
- In Rajahmundry, gold price trends changed by 4.71% for January.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajamundry in February 2017:
- When February began, gold was trading at Rs.2,965 per gram.
- But due to a lack of demand and a steeply strengthening dollar, gold prices went down to Rs.2,945 per gram by the 4th.
- But as concerns over Donald Trump’s foreign policy loomed large, gold prices increased significantly over the subsequent days.
- Gold hit its highest price for the month on 25th and 26th, when it was trading at Rs.3,014 per gram.
- February ended with gold trading at Rs.3,003 per gram and price trends in the city changed at 1.28% for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajahmundry in March 2017:
- March was a terrible period for gold sales in Rajahmundry as several global factors wreaked havoc on bullion trading.
- The month started with gold trading at Rs.2,990 per gram - a rate which kept decreasing as demand kept falling.
- The drop in demand could be attributed to US Fed Rate hike, which pushed invested away from investing in bullion.
- As demand kept dropping, gold prices went as low as Rs.2,900 per gram by the 15th.
- However, gold prices rallied slightly over the next few days amidst volatile markets to end the month at Rs.2,940 per gram.
- Price trends in Rajahmundry fell by -1.67% as several global factors brought bullion demand down.
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,067 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st & 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,895 per gram on 2nd December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th & 16th October||Rs.2,914 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Rajahmundry in October 2016
- The first week of October saw gold trading at Rs.3,152 per gram as festive season was looming large.
- However, prices seemed to drop during the second week as the US dollar strengthened against a low-performing rupee.
- The third week saw gold prices fluctuate and later increase slightly as the results of US Presidential Elections was awaited by markets around the world.
- Despite all the fluctuations, the last week saw gold prices gain by a positive margin to end the month at Rs.3,067 per gram.
- Overall, the price of gold witnessed a change of -2.69% during the month.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajahmundry in November 2016
- At the beginning of the month, gold was trading at Rs.3,065 per gram.
- There were plenty of catalytic factors that led to prices fluctuations throughout the month.
- Despite local demand being low, a Donald Trump victory in the US elections brought the markets crashing down thereby increasing rates.
- Demonetisation of higher currency notes was introduced at the beginning of second week which led to market crashing and demand for gold increasing.
- The next few days saw immense cash shortage in the entire country, which paved the way for low demands during the festive season.
- November saw gold prices change by -4.01% in Rajahmundry.
Gold Rate Trend for Rajahmundry in December 2016
- The effects of demonetisation was still visible as December began leading to little and no increase in demand.
- The last month of Q4 began with gold trading at Rs.2,893 per gram, which held steady for the first week but began to fall as the second week began.
- Festive periods, i.e., Christmas and New Year were looming large which led to an increased spending and thereby a decrease in demand for gold.
- This led to price drop from the 11th to the 20th when gold trading prices went from Rs.2,836 per gram to Rs.2,788 per gram.
- Prices continued their downward trend up until the last 4 days of 2016 when a sudden spike was witnessed.
- Rates went from Rs.2,783 per gram on the 27th to Rs.2,804 per gram on the 28th.
- The last month of 2016 ended with gold prices holding at Rs.2,821 per gram.
- Although December fared comparatively better than its previous two months, there still was a decline in gold prices.
- Overall, there was a price drop of -2.48% to be seen during the month of December.
|1st day||Rs.3,127 per gram||Rs.3,215 per gram||Rs.3,132 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram||Rs.3,169 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,200 per gram from 19th-21st August||Rs.3,190 per gram on 22nd September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,124 per gram on 2nd and 3rd July||Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry for July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,127 per gram on 1st July with the price fluctuating during the week due to market instability and weak demand.
- The price rose to Rs.3,136 per gram on 4th July as demand from overseas rose, resulting in the price reaching Rs.3,162 on 10th July.
- Continued demand led to the price rising to Rs.3,171 per gram on 11th July before falling to Rs.3,146 per gram on 17th July as demand stabilised.
- The price fell marginally as overseas trends led to prices dropping in spite of domestic demand being brisk, with gold trading at Rs.3,147 per gram on 18th July.
- The markets rallied in the last week, leading to gold demand falling before recovering to close at Rs.3,214 per gram on 31st July.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry for August 2016
- The start of the month saw gold sell at Rs.3,215 per gram before prices fell due to poor demand.
- Gold sold at Rs.3,168 per gram on 8th August and appreciated as demand rose due to market instability.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,181 per gram on 15th August on sustained demand from the domestic market.
- Prices remained stable at Rs.3,182 per gram on 22nd August but fell mid-week.
- The strengthening markets led to gold prices to fall to Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September, with prices staying stable during the week.
- Prices rose marginally to Rs.3,150 per gram on 5th September and reached Rs.3,195 per gram on 8th September as domestic demand rose.
- The price stabilised at Rs.3,171 per gram on 12th September as the dollar rate fluctuated.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,160 per gram on 19th September and dropped as currency and stock markets recovered.
- Prices reached Rs.3,186 per gram on 26th September but fell to Rs.3,169 per gram on 30th September.
|1st day||Rs. 2,894 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,918 per gram on June 1st|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,916 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram on 30th of June|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,069 per gram on April 30th||Rs. 3,069 on May 1st||Rs.3,165 per gram on 25th and 26th of June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,876 per gram on April 4th||Rs. 2,900 on May 30th||Rs.2,911 per gram on June 3rd|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry in April 2016
- 1st April saw gold trading low at Rs. 2,894 per gram.
- With the end of the jeweller’s strike, prices were released from its stagnant state and started to regain its strength.
- Gold rates climbed to the top, closing the month at Rs. 3,069 per gram on 30th April.
- Prices rose by 6.04%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry in May 2016
- On the 1st of May, gold rates traded at Rs. 3,069 per gram.
- May 1st was the highest rate for gold as prices began to steadily decline due to the release of the Fed minutes which led to an expectation of a rate hike from the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- Prices continued to decline and ended at Rs. 2,900 on May 30th.
Gold Rate Trend of Rajahmundry in June 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs.2,918 per gram on the 1st of June.
- Gold hit the lowest for the month at Rs.2,911 per gram on the 3rd of June.
- Gold scored the highest for the month on 25th and 26th of June at Rs.3,165 per gram.
- Gold closed the month at Rs.3,103 per gram on the 30th of June.
|1st day||Rs. 2,541 per gram||Rs. 2,714 per gram||Rs. 2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,964 per gram||Rs. 2,883 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on 28th January||Rs. 2,987 per gram on 28th February||Rs. 2,991 per gram on 6th - 13th March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on 2nd January||Rs. 2,714 per gram on 1st February||Rs. 2,871 per gram on 28th March|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry in January 2016
- On 1st January, gold traded at Rs. 2,541 per gram.
- The trend for January indicated a rise through the month.
- 28th January had the highest gold rate at Rs. 2,727 per gram due to an increase in demand.
- Gold dipped slightly again trading at Rs. 2,710 per gram towards the end of the month.
- A substantial increase of 6.65% in the rates was recorded for January.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry in February 2016
- On 1st February, gold traded at Rs. 2,714 per gram.
- The trend for the month was a substantial increase.
- The highest price was a marginal increase on 28th February at Rs. 2,987 per gram.
- By the end of the month, prices had increased by 9.21%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajahmundry in March 2016
- As demand stabilized, the prices of gold became steady with gold trading at Rs. 2,994 per gram at the beginning of March.
- Jeweller’s called for a nationwide strike which led to gold rates stagnating.
- The highest gold rate for march was between 6th and 13th when gold stayed constant at Rs. 2,991 per gram.
- Towards the end of the month, rates dropped to Rs. 2,883 per gram, ending the month with a 3.07%decline.
Gold rate for 22 karat gold
Weight of 22 karat gold
Price for 22 karat gold
Gold rate for 24 karat gold
Weight of 24 karat gold
Price for 24 karat gold
The above mentioned rates is as of 9th March 2016 and is bound to change.
Gold investments in Rajahmundry
Gold investment is not only limited to bullions and there are several other ways in which one can make an investment in gold. Listed below are some of the popular types of investment in gold in Rajahmundry.
Gold bullion- Rajahmundry has one of the biggest bullion markets in the country. Gold bullion is one of the most popular types of gold investment as the purity of gold in bullion bars is above 99.5%. The best way of acquiring gold at low price is through bullion bars.
Gold jewelry- Another popular type of investment in gold is gold jewelry. The price of gold jewelry depends on the design and the quality of gold too. There will be a lot of additional charges such as wastage charge, making charge added along with the rate of gold in case of gold jewelry.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Andhra Pradesh
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Rajahmundry
|Gold Rate In Hyderabad||Gold Rate In Vijayawada||Gold Rate In Visakhapatnam|
|Gold Rate In Guntur||Gold Rate In Nellore||Gold Rate In Kurnool|
|Gold Rate In Kakinada||Gold Rate In Proddatur||Gold Rate In Warangal|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- India's Obsession For Gold
- Why Investing In Gold Is A Golden Opportunity
- Use Gold Jewellery To Get Yourself A Loan
- India Set To Receive Country's First Physical Gold Exchange