*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Durgapur
Durgapur, known as the Ruhr of India, also happens to be the second planned city in the nation besides Chandigarh. This Tier-II city is home to the only dry dock in the eastern part of India and is also highly industrialised when compared to other cities in the region. Hence, the city records consistent demand for gold and other precious metals.
Trend of Gold Rate in Durgapur from (rates per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,159 per gram||Rs.3,231 per gram||Rs.3,216 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,231 per gram||Rs.3,217 per gram||Rs.3,146 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,243 per gram from 20 to 23 April||Rs.3,254 per gram on 14 May||Rs.3,216 per gram on 1 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,159 per gram from 1 and 2 April||Rs.3,197 per gram on 18 May||Rs.3,146 per gram on 30 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Durgapur for April 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,159 per gram when trading started for the first month of Q2 2018.
- The precious metal’s rates were at their lowest for the month over the first two days, i.e., on the 1st and 2nd when it traded at Rs.3,159 per gram.
- Gold rates seemed to ebb and flow as various geo-politcal tensions caused demand to fluctuate consistently.
- The yellow metal trade at its highest rate for the month between the 20th and the 23rd when it was priced at Rs.3,243 per gram.
- As demand consolidated towards the end of the month, the metal was seen trading at Rs.3,231 per gram on the final day.
- A 2.27% change in gold prices were recorded this month, thanks to a strong rise in purchases from local investors amid positive global cues.
Gold Rate Trend in Durgapur for May 2018:
- Gold rates had seen little change when trading for the month of May had began. The yellow metal was still seen trading at Rs.3,231 per gram as demand was stable.
- For the first two weeks, gold rates were largely steady before increasing as the days progressed.
- The precious metal’s rates seemed to peak towards the end of week 2, trading at a monthly high figure of Rs.3,254 per gram on the 14th.
- However, as cues began to soften ahead of a resurgent dollar, gold rates dropped to a monthly low rate in less than a week’s time. The metal traded at Rs.3,197 per gram on the 18th - just four days after hitting a high figure.
- While prices seemed to recover for the remaining few days, the growth towards the end was not enough to affect a positive change.
- When the month ended on the 31st of May, gold was priced at Rs.3,217 per gram.
- Compared to the previous month’s increase, there was a 0.43% fall recorded with regards to this month’s trade.
Gold Rate Trend in Durgapur for June 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,216 per gram when trading started for the month of June. This was also the highest gold rate for the month in what appeared to be a tough period for sales.
- Demand for the metal was largely steady this month as demand was stable during the initial two weeks.
- The US dollar was seeing consistent growths which led to a fall in gold demand with prices Rs.3,146 per gram.
- Rate trends recorded a 2.1% decline this month due to poor cues and weak sales.