*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Jamnagar is the fifth largest city in the state of Gujarat and is the home to the some of the biggest oil refineries in the country with the refineries located in this city. This city has also been called the world’s oil city as well as its previous moniker of brass city as it is a hub for brass manufacturing units. With a rich cultural heritage and boasting the 4 marble Jain temples, Jamnagar has a thriving population and is an economically viable city with an all-weather port, a good supply of bauxite mines and brass manufacturing units coupled with good connectivity via land, sea and air.
Gold price in Jamnagar
Gold rates tend to fluctuate not just on a global basis but also within a state from city to city due to various factors such as local production, the overall demand and supply, the amount of tax levied or to be paid. Rate of gold in Jamnagar also depends on the quality of gold in question with 24 karat gold costing more due to higher purity content and 22 karat gold costing a little lesser. All these factors affect the rates of gold in Jamnagar and the rates for 24 karat and 22 karat are as given below
24 karat gold – 24 karat gold is considered as the purest form of gold one can buy. It is a great option for investment as the purity of 24 karat gold is 99.9% which means that it can be traded at higher returns but this also means that the buyer has to shell out quite a bit to buy it in the first place. 1g of 24 karat gold costs Rs 2969 as of 9th March 2016. The price of gold has seen some fluctuation but has been hovering around the Rs 2960 to Rs 2990 mark. The gold rates in Jamnagar have been the highest as of 3rd March 2016 when it touched Rs 3090 per gram of 24 karat gold and the prices of 24 karat gold are expected to witness further rise.
22 karat gold – 22 karat gold is the cheaper alternative o 24 karat gold. T purity is at a much lesser content and stands at 92% and the other 8% consists of various impurities such as metals which make the gold malleable and easy to work with. The cost of 24 karat gold as per 9th March 2016 stands around Rs 2775 per gram. The prices of gold had drastically fallen in 2015 which made it a good time for buying but the prices of gold has been steadily increasing with the next few days expected to bring in a further price rise.
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 7th and 8th July||Rs.3,290 per gram from 23rd-26th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th-30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,209 per gram on 11th and 12th July||Rs.3,236 per gram from 8th-14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
|Change||+0.62% increase||-0.06% decrease||+1.81% increase|
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for July 2016
- The price of gold was Rs.3,224 per gram at the start of July and rose marginally on moderate demand domestically and overseas.
- Demand spiked in the second week as fears over Brexit repercussions pushed markets down, with gold trading at Rs.3,287 per gram.
- Prices fell sharply as demand slumped due to weak international cues, with gold trading at Rs.3,222 per gram.
- Prices recovered marginally to close at Rs.3,244 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for August 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,247 per gram at the start of the month and prices were more or less stagnant due to even demand.
- Prices dropped in the second week on weak demand as markets recovered globally.
- The third week saw prices rise marginally, with gold trading at Rs.3,254 per gram.
- Stronger demand due to unstable global markets led to prices rising, touching a monthly high of Rs.3,290 per gram.
- Prices fell at the end of the month, with gold trading at Rs.3,245 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,245 per gram in the first week of September, with a marginal rise in price on strong domestic demand.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,291 per gram in the second week as demand picked up and global cues were strong.
- The third week saw prices remain constant as sustained demand and weak markets contributed to a steady gold price.
- Prices dipped slightly due to domestic demand falling but picked up again on international cues.
- Prices reached their monthly high of Rs.3,304 per gram as the month ended due to uncertainty over the US market.
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,988 per gram||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs. 2,991 per gram||Rs.3,209 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,147 per gram on 29th and 30th of April||Rs. 3,169 per gram on 2nd and 3rd of May||Rs.3,212 per gram from 25th June to 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,957 per gram on 4th April||Rs. 2,991 per gram on the 30th and 31st of May||Rs.2,911 per gram on 1st and 2nd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in April 2016
- Gold rates started low in April at Rs. 2,988 and didn’t change till April 4th.
- April 4th saw a decline in prices to the lowest for the month at Rs. 2,957.
- Gold rates started to rise and continued the trend till the end of the month with a few falls along the way.
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in May 2016
- Gold rates fluctuated through the month of May with it rising and falling.
- The prices initially inclined but the overall trend indicated a decline.
- The month ended at Rs. 2,991, the lowest price recorded for the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in June 2016
- Steady increases were recorded in gold prices during the month of June as international and domestic trends grew stronger.
- Despite marginal losses along the way, subsequent gains ensured that the upward trend continued until the end of the month, and the highest rate in June was recorded between the 25th and 27th when prices hit Rs.3,212 per gram.
- The overall increase in prices between the first and last day of the month was Rs.218.
Gold Rate Trend in Jamnagar for January 2016 to March 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,605 per gram||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 2,988 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,788 per gram on January 28th||Rs. 3,067 per gram on February 27th to 29th||Rs. 3,090 per gram on March 2nd to 19th|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,605 per gram from January 1st – 3rd||Rs. 2,956 per gram on February 17th||Rs. 2,991 per gram on March 20th – 22nd|
|Change||+ 0.03%||+ 10.28%||- 2.57%|
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in January 2016
- Gold rates were at Rs. 2,605 at the start of the month.
- Prices fluctuated every few days with rises and falls throughout the month.
- Prices increased slightly on Jan 30th with gold trading at Rs. 2,781.
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in February 2016
- Gold rates traded at Rs. 2,781 on 1st February and were on a steady incline till 14th February.
- The prices dropped again with the lowest of the month recorded on 17th at Rs. 2,956.
- Prices rose to Rs. 3,067 on February 27th and stayed constant going into March.
Gold Rate Trend of Jamnagar in March 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 3,067 per gram at the start of the month and climbed to Rs. 3,090.
- Rates were constant for majority of the month. It declined on 20th to 25th March.
- Prices rose again to Rs. 2,988 on 26th of March and remained unchanged for the rest of the month.
Gold investment avenues in Jamnagar
Investment in gold is something that is inbuilt into every Indian. Indians consider gold as a social status symbol and its efficiency against inflation has been proven with time. This precious metal has been considered as a safe haven for investments and is deeply tied into our culture playing major roles during auspicious and celebratory events.
Over-the-counter – Akin to buying over the counter drugs and medicines, the simplest way f procuring gold is over the counter. There are dime a dozen jewellers across Jamnagar offering competitive rates along with banks that provide avenues for gold to be invested in. The most common forms of gold being sold are in the form f bangles, rings, chains, coins and bars. The products offered rage in prices with the intended purpose of purchase. Gold coins and bars are often purchased solely as investment while the ornamental jewellery is purchased in conjunction with auspicious events
Market trade – Although market trading of gold is catching on as a better form of gold investment and exchange, it still has to catch on in Jamnagar. The most popular ways of gold trade in Jamnagar through multiple modes are through ETF’s and gold futures. If the investor is willing to put in time and effort to understand the intricacies of gold exchange it can also be done through the national stock exchange and Mumbai stock exchange.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Gujarat
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Jamnagar
|Gold Rate In Ahmedabad||Gold Rate In Surat||Gold Rate In Vadodara|
|Gold Rate In Jodhpur||Gold Rate In Rajkot||Gold Rate In Kota|
Read more on Gold
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Things To Remember Before Buying Gold Jewellery
- Which One Should You Buy Gold Coins Or Gold Bars