*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Rate in Rajkot
Rajkot is the 4th largest city in Gujarat. The population is more than 1.2 million and it is the 35th largest urban agglomeration in India. It is the 22nd fastest growing city in the world. The women of Rajkot are extremely fond of gold. They wear large necklaces and pendants for marriages, festivals and other functions. The gold prices keep changing based on the international gold rates.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2019 to December 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,890 per gram||Rs.3,983 per gram||Rs.3,936 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,988 per gram||Rs.3,900 per gram||Rs.4,023 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,988 per gram from 26 October to 31 October||Rs.3,992 per gram from 3 November to 6 November||Rs.4,029 per gram on 29 and 30 December|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,807 per gram on 2 October||Rs.3,900 per gram on 29 and 30 November||Rs.3,880 per gram on 12 December|
Quarterly Gold Rate in Rajkot from October 2019 to December 2019:
- The price of gold in October showed a positive trend in Rajkot opening at Rs.3,890 per gram. Due to positive global trends of the metal, there was an increasing trend of gold prices. Due to the tensions and speculation around the trade deal between the United States of America and China, investors shifted to the bullion for their investments. As the value of the dollar decreased, the price of the metal hit its highest between 26 October to 31 October at Rs.3,988 per gram with a percentage increase of 2.51.
- November also nulled the percentage increase which occurred in October for gold prices. Opening at Rs.3,983 per gram the price of the metal fluctuated in the first three weeks of the month. The highest price in October was on 3 November to 6 November at Rs.3,992 per gram. As the trade tensions eased between China and the United States of America, investors shifted back to the stock market with a higher risk appetite due to a strong dollar. As the United States Federal Reserve cut down repo rates again, the metal closed the month at Rs.3,900 per gram with a percentage decline of 2.08.
- December proved to be a good month for the investors trading in gold. With the tensions between the United States of America and China fading away, geopolitical tensions between Iran and the United States of America increased. As the U.S. launched a drone strike in Iran which killed a highly decorated Army officer of Iran’s Qud Army, investors shifted back to the bullion as safe haven. Opening at Rs.3,936 per gram, gold prices increased further in the last week of the month with U.S. President Trump facing an impeachment inquiry. Gold closed at Rs.4,023 per gram with a percentage incline of 2.21.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for July 2019 to September 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs.3,499 per gram||Rs.3,581 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs.3,582 per gram||Rs.3,989 per gram||Rs.3,901 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs.3,602 per gram on 21 - 23 July||Rs.4,013 per gram on 27 August||Rs.4,036 per gram on 5 September|
|Lowest Price||Rs.3,460 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,571 per gram on 2 August||Rs.3,855 per gram on 15 - 17 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for April 2019 to June 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,293 per gram||Rs.3,303 per gram||Rs.3,499 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,298 per gram on 10 April||Rs.3,339 per gram on 15 May||Rs.3,520 per gram on 26 and 27 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,247 per gram from 20-22 April||Rs.3,247 per gram on 24 May||Rs.3,303 per gram on 1 June|
Quarterly gold rate trend in Rajkot for April 2019 to June 2019:
- At the start of the month, the price of gold in Rajkot stood at Rs.3,282 per gram. Industrial and local demand for the yellow metal at this time declined despite overseas trends remaining positive.
- While demand for gold in the city remained suppressed at the start of May, the US dollar rose in value in comparison to other currencies. This influenced the price of gold to dip to its lowest point in the quarter. On the 24th, the metal stood at Rs.3,247 per gram.
- June was the best month for gold as the metal traded at Rs.3,520 per gram on 26 and 27 June, the highest it traded at for the quarter. Global overseas trends clubbed with the surged local and industrial demand for the metal may have influenced the price to incline.
- The last week of the quarter saw a marginal decline in the gold price in Rajkot as the US and China decided to reignite trade talks. As on 30th June, the price of gold was recorded Rs.3,499 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for January 2019 to March 2019 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,257 per gram||Rs.3,417 per gram||Rs.3,422 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,428 per gram||Rs.3,447 per gram||Rs.3,282 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,326 per gram on 30 January||Rs.3,484 per gram on 20 and 21 February||Rs.3,422 per gram on 1 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,257 per gram on 1, 2, 3 and 7 January||Rs.3,396 per gram from 13-15 February||Rs.3,252 per gram on 30 March|
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for January 2019:
- The price of gold in Rajkot on 1 January 2019 was Rs.3,257 per gram and was steady till 3 January 2019. Through the month, gold showed a positive trend amidst global tensions.
- The value of the dollar decreasing against other currencies due to a fall in the market, led to the increase in demand for the metal from investors.
- In India, the price of gold in Rajkot increased to a great extent compared to other cities due to higher demand amongst local jewelers.
- On 31 January, gold was valued at the highest at Rs.3,428 per gram resulting in a percentage incline of 5.25.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for February 2019:
- Despite a relatively static start where gold traded at Rs.3,417 per gram on 1 February, there was a steady rise in gold prices in Rajkot as markets remained volatile due to Brexit fears.
- Demand was on the upswing as orders from local jewellers was steady due to the low dollar rate, with gold trading at Rs.3,422 per gram on 10 February before dropping marginally to Rs.3,396 per gram on 14 February.
- Conflicting cues from the overseas market as well as a drop in local retail demand due to a recovering U.S. dollar resulted in price fluctuations, with the precious metal rising to Rs.3,484 per gram on 21 February.
- A slight drop in price was recorded towards the last week as overseas demand was muted after a more hawkish assessment by the Federal Reserve, resulting in gold ending the month at Rs.3,447 per gram to record a marginal rise of 0.87%.
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for March 2019:
- Gold rate in Rajkot declined at the start of March as the dollar gained value over other currencies. During the same time, stocks dipped in value too. This was the highest value of gold for the month and was trading at Rs.3,422 per gram.
- On 7th March, the dollar declined in value in comparison to the Euro after the European Central Bank pushed its decision to hike rates of interest. This kept the value of the yellow metal from rising due to poor economic conditions.
- On 30th March, the precious metal declined to its lowest point for the month as the dollar strengthened and gold was faced with poor global economic cues. On this day, the metal stood at Rs.3,252 per gram.
- The month ended with gold trading at Rs.3,282 per gram, and a percentage decline of 4.09% was recorded for the month of March.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2018 to December 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,283 per gram||Rs.3,133 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,282 per gram||Rs.3,144 per gram||Rs.3,257 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,288 per gram on 30 October||Rs.3,283 per gram on 1 and 2 November||Rs.3,257 per gram on 30 and 31 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 October||Rs.3,144 per gram on 30 November||Rs.3,124 per gram on 2 and 3 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2018:
- When trading opened for the month, gold rates in Rajkot were priced at Rs.3,138 per gram as local retail demand was on the rise in spite of a falling rupee.
- There were fluctuations in demand as the ongoing Sino-U.S. trade dispute affected demand from Asia.
- Prices recovered as market volatility resulted in increased investor interest in the metal, resulting in gold ending the month at Rs.3,282 per gram to record a 4.49% increase in value during the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for November 2018:
- In a surprising reversal, there was a steep drop in gold prices in Rajkot this month, as weak overseas cues and the declining rupee led to fall in local demand during the festive season.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,283 per gram on 1 November but prices plummeted steadily as retail demand suffered due to the rising cost of the metal associated with the decline in the rupee.
- Overseas market volatility also failed to boost demand in gold, which resulted in the metal closing the month at Rs.3,144 per gram to record a fall of 4.23% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for December 2018:
- Prices recovered as geopolitical crises in the U.S. prompted a surge of interest in safe-haven assets like bullion, with gold trading at Rs.3,133 per gram on 1 December.
- Jewellers increased orders despite the relatively strong dollar which was boosted thanks to the confirmation of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- The partial U.S. government shutdown led to U.S. markets plummeting and increased reliance on bullion as a hedge, boosting gold prices in Rajkot to Rs.3,257 per gram on 31 December.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for July 2018 to September 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,138 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,120 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,103 per gram||Rs.3,138 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,159 per gram on 11 July||Rs.3,108 per gram on 28 and 29 August||Rs.3,174 per gram on 26 and 27 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,078 per gram from 29 - 31 July||Rs.3,026 per gram on 17 August||Rs.3,108 per gram from 3-5 September|
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for July 2018
- Gold opened at Rs.3,138 per gram on 1 July.
- The demand for the metal in Rajkot was steady and gold prices surged in the following days.
- The highest gold rate for the month was recorded on 11 July when the metal traded at Rs.3,159 per gram.
- The price of gold in Rajkot dropped during the last few days of the month as the value of the US dollar increased and investors did not gravitate towards safe-haven assets.
- Gold rate in Rajkot hit a monthly low of Rs.3,078 per gram on 29 July and remained unchanged till the end of the month.
- Gold rates in Rajkot declined by 1.91% in the month of July.
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for August 2018
- When trading for gold commenced on 1 August, the price of the metal stood at Rs.3,078 per gram.
- The demand for the metal at the beginning of the month was steady amid poor trend overseas.
- However, on 17 August, the demand for the precious metal from local jewellers declined and gold prices fell in Rajkot. The lowest gold rate for the month was recorded on this day when the metal traded at Rs.3,026 per gram.
- In the following days, the value of the US dollar declined compared to other apex currencies and gold rates in Rajkot inclined.
- The highest gold rate for the month in Rajkot was Rs.3,108 per gram which was recorded on 28 and 29 August.
- Though gold rates kept fluctuating throughout the month of August, the overall trend of gold rates in Rajkot was an incline of 0.81%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,154 per gram||Rs.3,227 per gram||Rs.3,203 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,227 per gram||Rs.3,206 per gram||Rs.3,159 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,247 per gram on 20 and 21 April||Rs.3,239 per gram on 15 and 16 May||Rs.3,206 per gram on 2 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,154 per gram on 1 and 2 April||Rs.3,191 per gram on 22 and 23 May||Rs.3,149 per gram from 23 to 25 June and on 28 June.|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for April 2018:
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,154 per gram in Rajkot when trading opened at the start of April, as strong demand from local jewellers kept prices stable.
- The metal was at its lowest this month over the first two days, i.e., the 1st and 2nd, when it traded at Rs.3,154 per gram as the US dollar was strong initially before falling as the days progressed.
- For the remainder of the month, gold rates were on the incline, thanks to a number of positive changes in the Dollar-Gold dynamic, with the prices falling significantly, owing to shaky market conditions.
- On the 20th and 21st of April, gold was priced at Rs.3,247 per gram - the month’s highest rates as demand rose significantly, owing to a poor dollar.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.3,227 per gram.
- This month saw gold rate trends rise by 2.31% in Rajkot, thanks to a solid demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for May 2018:
- Gold was still priced at Rs.3,227 per gram when trading began for the month of May in the Rajasthani city.
- This month recorded a considerable drop in demand as cues remained weak and the US dollar rose against other currencies.
- After trading consistently for the first two weeks, gold rates rose to Rs.3,239 per gram - the month’s highest figure on the 15th and 16th, thanks to strong demand.
- However, this fell to a monthly low in the subsequent week, when the metal traded at Rs.3,191 per gram over the 22nd and the 23rd of May.
- Gold prices picked up slightly by the end of the month and it traded at Rs.3,206 per gram on the final day.
- Price trends recorded a 0.65% decline this month as the dollar was strong, which pushed gold demand down.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for June 2018:
- June’s trading opened with gold being priced at Rs.3,203 per gram.
- On the 2nd, the metal was trading at its highest of Rs.3,206 per gram for the month, thanks to a solid demand.
- As demand slowed down from the 3rd onwards, gold rates in the city also dropped consistently over the course of the month.
- The metal hit the lowest rate of Rs.3,149 per gram on a number of days i.e., from the 23rd to the 25th and on the 28th of June.
- When the month ended, gold prices were holding at Rs.3,159 per gram. This month saw gold rate trends decline by 1.37%, thanks to poor demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
Rs.3,086 per gram
Rs.3,138 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,120 per gram
Rs.3,159 per gram
Rs.3,149 per gram
Rs.3,171 per gram on 25 January
Rs.3,175 per gram on 20 February
Rs.3,182 per gram from 27-30 March
Rs.3,082 per gram on 5 January
Rs.3,092 per gram on 9 & 10 February
Rs.3,109 per gram on 20 March
Gold Trend Rate in Rajkot for January 2018
- In January, gold price in Rajkot opened at Rs.3,086 per gram as the demand was steady from retailers and local jewellers.
- Price of the precious metal was the lowest at Rs.3,082 at the beginning of the month.
- However, the US dollar gained gradually against other currencies thereby increasing the gold rates in January.
- The yellow metal’s rate was the highest on January 25th at Rs.3,171.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.3,120 per gram on January 31.
- Gold rate in Rajkot saw an increase in the value by 1.10% over the course of the month.
Gold Trend Rate in Rajkot for February 2018
- The opening price of gold in February was Rs.3,138.
- Gold rate in Rajkot were lowest on 9th and 10th February at Rs.3,092.
- Gains in the equity market along with the Valentine’s Day week on 14th February 2018 resulted in an increase in the demand for gold.
- Weak dollar and increase in demand helped in improving gold prices this month.
- Over the last two weeks of February, the gold price in Rajkot saw a decline owing to weakened local demand and stronger dollar prices.
- The price of gold was the highest on February 20 at Rs.3,175.
- The precious metal saw a minor increase in the value by 0.66% in this month.
Gold Trend Rate in Rajkot for March 2018
- Uneven global cues and varied domestic demand resulted in fluctuations of the gold rate in Rajkot.
- The metal opened at Rs.3,159 per gram om March 1.
- The fall in the stock market due to political tension in the US resulted into fluctuations in the equity market. As a result, gold prices were the lowest at Rs.3,109 per gram on 20 March.
- A strong demand for gold coupled up with positive global cues resulted into an increase in the gold price in Rajkot by the end of the month. The gold prices were highest at Rs.3,182 per gram from 27-30 March.
- Price trends recorded a marginal decline of 0.31% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,109 per gram||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,068 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,087 per gram||Rs.3,078 per gram||Rs.3,086 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,133 per gram from 12 to 16 October||Rs.3,113 per gram on 20 and 21 November||Rs.3,086 per gram on 30 and 21 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,073 per gram on 27 and 28 October||Rs.3,057 per gram from 4 to 6 November||Rs.2,990 per gram on 14 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2017:
- Gold opened on a relatively high note, trading at Rs.3,127 per gram when October began.
- Rates continued at this rate before dropping to Rs.3,104 per gram on the 4th as demand seemed to fall amid poor local demand and a rising US dollar.
- Gold prices in Rajkot flatlined at Rs.3,084 per gram from 6th to 8th October before increasing to Rs.3,119 per gram on the 9th and rising to the month’s highest figure of Rs.3,135 per gram on the 12th of October.
- The yellow metal’s rates continued at Rs.3,135 per gram till the 17th - owing to festive demand and a weak US dollar - but fell to Rs.3,011 per gram on the 19th.
- Gold rates hit their lowest for the month when the metal traded at Rs.3,002 per gram from the period between the 23rd and 26th October.
- From this point on, rates improved gradually to end the month at Rs.3,088 per gram.
- Some poor demand towards the latter half of the month led to prices declining by 1.24% in Rajkot.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for November 2017:
- Gold rates in Rajkot saw an improvement in the month of November, thanks to various events involving the US president Donald Trump.
- The yellow metal’s rates had actually tumbled when trading began for November - starting at Rs.3,070 per gram as opposed to Rs.3,088 per gram the previous day.
- But, a weak US dollar performance - brought about by the lukewarm response to Donald Trump’s latest tax structure rejig - pushed gold rates up.
- Gold traded at its highest during the 19th and the 20th when it was priced at Rs.3,115 per gram.
- However, a improvement in US treasury yields gave the US economy a much needed reason for growth.
- By the end of this month, gold rates had plummeted to go down to Rs.3,081 per gram.
- Despite the reduced demand towards the end of the month, gold rate trends managed to record an increase of 0.35%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for December 2017:
- Gold rates in Rajkot opened strongly when December began. However, rates seemed to be on the decline for most part of the month due to poor demand.
- On the 1st of December, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,078 per gram, which then rose to Rs.3,094 per gram - the month’s highest gold rate.
- From this point on, there was consistent decline in prices with prices going down to as low as Rs.2,988 per gram on the 12th of December.
- But, a number of issues concerning the US economy and the Trump Presidency led to a weakening of the US dollar and the subsequent rise in gold prices.
- During the second half of the month, gold rates seemed to be on the incline - rising steadily and closing at Rs.3,093 per gram as the month came to an end.
- Gold price trend inclined by 0.61% in Rajkot for the last month of 2017, thanks to a rise in demand both globally and domestically.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,063 per gram||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.3,079 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,003 per gram||Rs.3,056 per gram||Rs.3,109 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,079 per gram on 2 July||Rs.3,056 per gram on 30 & 31 August||Rs.3,194 per gram from 8-10 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,917 per gram on 11 July||Rs.2,979 per gram on 7 August||Rs.3,068 per gram from 5-7 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for July 2017:
- Gold opened at Rs.3,063 per gram on the 1st and went up to Rs.3,079 per gram on the 2nd of July.
- But, due to weak demand and volatile markets, gold rates seemed to decline for most of the month.
- By the 11th, gold rates in Rajkot had reached Rs.2,917 per gram - which was the lowest rate for the month.
- The yellow metal recovered slightly over the third and fourth week, thanks to weak dollar performance to end on a relative high.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.3,003 per gram.
- Despite some late surges, gold rates in Rajkot dropped by 1.95% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for August 2017:
- August picked up where July left off, with gold trading at Rs.3,003 per gram on the 1st of August.
- Gold trading was on the sluggish side during the first two weeks due to low demand from the local circles.
- Demand for the metal surged towards the end of the month as the North Korea - US conflict threatened to turn ugly.
- This new stand-off sent markets on a downward, thereby increasing safe-haven investments around the world.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,053 per gram on the 19th and continued on a stable note till the 22nd of the month.
- On the final day of the month, gold rates in Rajkot improved slightly to Rs.3,056 per gram.
- Price trends inclined 1.76% this month, thanks to a strong demand brought about by major geopolitical concerns.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for September 2017:
- On the 1st of September, gold was priced at Rs.3,079 per gram. Due to stable economies, gold rates went down to monthly low figures of Rs.3,068 per gram on the 5th of the month.
- However, the latest nuclear test conducted by North Korea sent markets crashing, thereby pushing gold rates up to Rs.3,109 per gram on the 8th of September.
- The US dollar, though, made a relatively strong recovery to push gold rates in Rajkot to as low as Rs.3,139 per gram on the 13th.
- Gold prices fell further to Rs.3,112 per gram on the 19th as dollar improved while local demand seemed to flatline.
- The yellow metal’s rates picked up towards the final few days as festive demand pushed the demand up.
- Prices went up to as high as Rs.3,165 per gram on the 26th, before consolidating to end at Rs.3,109 per gram on the 30th of September.
- A robust local demand and positive global cues pushed gold rates up by 0.97% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,043 per gram||Rs.3,058 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,085 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.3,063 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,118 per gram from 14-16 April||Rs.3,065 per gram on 31 May||Rs.3,099 per gram from 7-10 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,038 per gram on 10 & 11 April||Rs.2,976 per gram from 11-16 May||Rs.3,047 per gram from 2-6 June|
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for April 2017
- The price of gold in Rajkot was on the increase as April began as the metal traded at Rs.3,043 per gram on 1 April before rising to Rs.3,064 per gram on 5 April due to increased demand.
- The fluctuating U.S. dollar led to higher demand from overseas, which kept price stable for the first half of the month.
- Prices fell as the markets recovered from their earlier losses and Asian markets also reduced their orders for the metal, resulting in gold trading at Rs.3,117 per gram on 18 April.
- The reduction in demand for gold from European markets as well as a decline in orders from India led to prices falling to Rs.3,087 per gram on 25 April.
- Gold rates continued to fall as the month ended, trading at Rs.3,058 per gram on 30 April though overall prices rose by 1.38%.
Gold rate trend in Rajkot for May 2017
- Gold opened the month at Rs.3,058 per gram due to a decline in demand from overseas markets.
- The French presidential election results led to a rally by markets and a decline in gold orders, as reflected in the price dropping to Rs.3,000 per gram on 6 May.
- The U.S. dollar also received a boost as the U.S. markets recovered from their previous upheaval, which led to a decline in demand from local as well as Asian markets due to higher import costs.
- Gold traded at Rs.2,976 per gram from 11-16 May as demand was stable but muted before prices rose due to a sudden drop in the value of the U.S. dollar.
- The resurgence of the dollar was stalled by fresh allegations into the Trump administration’s collusion with Russia, which led to gold prices rising to Rs.3,043 per gram on 22 May.
- Prices continued to climb as the month progressed, trading at Rs.3,050 per gram from 26-28 May.
- The month ended with gold prices rising to Rs.3,065 per gram on 31 May as overall prices rose by 0.22%.
Gold rate trend for Rajkot for June 2017
- Gold prices were more or less stable as June began due to the fluctuating U.S. dollar rate and an increase in bullion trading by investors.
- The yellow metal traded at Rs.3,065 per gram on 1 June before rising to Rs.3,099 per gram on 7 June as markets reeled from news of fresh scandals and the possibility of a complete health care system overhaul in the United States.
- Local demand was also high as jewellers increased orders before the implementation of GST, which kept prices stable.
- Prices began to drop towards the middle of the month, with gold trading at Rs.3,050 per gram on 15 June due to a slight recovery by the stock markets as well as a dip in demand from overseas markets.
- Prices remained constant for the remainder of the month as gold demand was steady but muted.
- Gold rose to Rs.3,063 per gram on 30 June, resulting in a decline in price by 0.06% over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,893 per gram||Rs.3,035 per gram||Rs.3,080 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,017 per gram||Rs.3,095 per gram||Rs.3,029 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,060 per gram on the 23rd and 24th of January||Rs.3,101 per gram from the 25th of February to the 27th of February||Rs.3,080 per gram on the 1st of March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,888 per gram from the 3rd to the 5th of January||Rs.3,034 per gram on the 4th and 5th of February||Rs.2,974 per gram from the 15th of March to the 17th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for January 2017:
- On the first day of Q1 2017, gold was trading at Rs.2,893 per gram.
- The low price was mostly due to a low demand in the local market which was brought brought about by a strengthening US dollar.
- However, rates were on the incline after the first few days of January as demand went up as dollar value began to plummet.
- By 9th January, gold prices had went up to Rs.2,937 per gram and kept on increasing as the month progressed.
- The first quarter of January had a significantly better time as compared to the last quarter of 2016 where gold prices fell due to demonetisation.
- Gold rates were so progressive this month that they hit their lowest on the 3rd, when the metal was trading at Rs.2,888 per gram.
- During the fourth week, gold prices reached their highest at Rs.3,060 per gram as the dollar weakened and concerns over the US monetary policy pushed demand upwards.
- After some corrections during the fifth week, gold rates stabilised to end the month at Rs.3,017 per gram.
- Price trends changed at a rate of 4.28% for the month of January.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for February 2017:
- The month of February saw demand for gold take a dip as some global concerns played havoc on bullion trading.
- On 1st February, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,035 per gram which fluctuated for most of the month as US Federal Reserve increased the interest rate, leading to a simultaneous rise and fall of demand.
- When trading began on 4th, gold prices had gone down to Rs.3,034 per gram, which also happened to be the lowest gold rate for the entire month.
- As days passed, prices kept picking up as the initial fall was remedied by an upswing in demand.
- Gold hit its highest rate for the month on the 25th and the 27th when it was trading at Rs.3,101 per gram, thanks to sustained demand.
- When February came to an end, gold rates were holding at Rs.3,095 per gram.
- Prices saw an incline of 1.97% for February as far as Rajkot was concerned.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for March 2017:
- Gold prices went through a number of ups and downs in the month of March owing to some global factors.
- The US Federal Reserve, which had hike the interest rate only twice in over 7 years, decided to increase the rates for the second month in a row.
- This new development caused gold traders to halt any fresh deals, which led to a fall in gold prices.
- March began with gold trading at Rs.3,080 per gram - a Rs.15 decline from the previous day’s prices.
- Despite the rate being considerably low on 1st, it was still the highest gold price for the entire month.
- When trading began on 9th, gold prices had slipped further more to reach Rs.3,044 per gram, which went down to Rs.2,975 per gram on 15th to hit a new low for the entire quarter.
- However, as demand picked up slightly, gold prices rallied for a bit albeit with some variations to reach Rs.3,028 per gram by the 20th.
- Over the last 10 days rose and dipped on multiple occasion become ending at Rs.3,029 per gram on the 31st.
- In Rajkot, gold rates declined at the rate of 1.65% for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,304||Rs.3,199 per gram||Rs.2,963 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,199||Rs.3,012 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,304 on 1st October||Rs.3,252 per gram on 3rd November||Rs.2,963 per gram on the 1st and 2nd|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,157 from 7th October to 13th October||Rs.2,981 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,825 per gram on the 22nd and 23rd|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for October 2016
- In Rajkot, when trading began, gold was selling at Rs.3,304 per gram and went down to Rs.3,273 on the 2nd.
- By 9th, gold prices had gone down by nearly Rs.150 to hit Rs.3,157 per gram.
- Prices increased slightly to hit Rs.3,162 per gram when trading began on 14th - a rate which continued for the next 11 days till the 25th.
- The last week of October saw gold prices increase slightly to hit Rs.3,189 per gram on 26th and further went up to Rs.3,199 per gram when the month ended on 31st.
- Overall, Rajkot saw a change of -3.18% for the month of October with regards to gold prices.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for November 2016
- November was one of the worst periods for gold in the entire country.
- Gold prices were positive till the 10th after which they began to go on a free fall as the effects of demonetisation began to set in.
- November began with gold trading at Rs.3,199 per gram which went up to Rs.3,252 per gram when trading began on 3rd.
- In just over a week after de-mo, gold prices slumped from Rs.3,242 per gram to Rs.3,074 per gram.
- Gold prices hit their worst for the month when te went down to Rs.2,981 per gram on the 26th.
- Prices however gained to end the month at Rs.3,012 per gram as the liquidity issues seemed to be addressed to some extent.
- Overall, gold price trends changed by -5.84% in November.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for December 2016
- December began in Rajkot with gold trading at Rs.2,963 per gram, a rate which went down to Rs.2,918 per gram in just over a week on 9th.
- From 13th to 16th prices remained at Rs.2,903 per gram and decreased considerably to touch Rs.2,846 per gram on the 17th.
- The last week of December came as a slight relief for the gold industry prices stabilised to end the year at Rs.2,893 per gram.
- December like the previous two months saw gold price trends follow its downward path, albeit at a much slower level.
- Overall, the last month of Q4 saw gold rate trends change by -2.38%.
|1st day||Rs.3,224 per gram||Rs.3,247 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,244 per gram||Rs.3,245 per gram||Rs.3,304 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,287 per gram on 7th and 8th July||Rs.3,290 per gram from 23rd-26th August||Rs.3,304 per gram from 27th-30th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,207 per gram on 15th July||Rs.3,236 per gram from 8th-14th August||Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for July 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,224 per gram on 1st July, with prices rising marginally.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,285 per gram on 4th July as demand spiked due to an unstable overseas market but fell as the week ended.
- Prices stayed low, trading at Rs.3,223 per gram on 10th July on weak domestic demand.
- Gold continued its poor run, trading at Rs.3,218 on 18th July for the third week.
- Gold rallied in the final week as markets fluctuated and closed the month at Rs.3,244 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for August 2016
- August saw gold trade at Rs.3,247 in the first week as demand was strong domestically.
- Prices dipped slightly to Rs.3,236 per gram on 8th August, with the price remaining stable due to muted demand.
- Uncertainty over the U.S. market led to gold selling at Rs.3,254 per gram on 15th August and rising to Rs.3,284 per gram on 21st August.
- Prices reached their monthly high of Rs.3,290 per gram on 26th August as demand spiked due to the dollar dropping against other currencies.
- Prices fell sharply to Rs.3,245 per gram on 31st August as the markets rallied and demand for gold fell.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot for September 2016
- Gold was traded at Rs.3,245 per gram on 1st September, with the price staying constant in the first week.
- Prices rose in the second week on fears the U.S. economy was shrinking, leading to gold prices rising to Rs.2,291 per gram on 7th September.
- Prices stayed constant for the week beginning 11th September as demand was high.
- Prices dipped slightly as the markets recovered, with gold trading at Rs.3,277 per gram on 21st September.
- Prices rose as the month ended on string domestic demand, trading at Rs.3,304 per gram on 30th September.
|1st day||Rs. 2,988 per gram||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs.2,991 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,147 per gram||Rs. 2,991 per gram||Rs.3,209 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 3,147 per gram on April 29th and 30th||Rs. 3,178 on May 7th and 8th||Rs.3,212 per gram on 25th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,957 per gram on April 4th||Rs. 2,991 on May 30th and 31st||Rs.2,991 per gram on 1st June|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot in April 2016
- As the strike continued, prices remained constant going into April. Gold traded low at Rs. 2,988 per gram.
- The strike was finally called off and the demand from the jewellers helped the prices climb back up.
- Prices rose to 3,147 per gram on April 29th and 30th marking an overall increase of 5.32%.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot in May 2016
- Speculation of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve led to a drop in demand.
- For gold, a high borrowing cost does not work in its favor, making it less appealing for investors.
- Gold rates dropped through the month of May owing to a growing U.S. economy and a stronger dollar.
- The month ended with a 4.95% decline at Rs. 2,991 on May 30th and 31st.
Gold Rate Trend of Rajkot in June 2016
- There was a rise of 7.68% noted in the price of gold as the month progressed.
- The increase in price could be largely attributed to uncertainties in the global market especially due to Britain’s exit from the European Union.
- This resulted in investors rushing to purchase this precious metal resulting in an a rise in gold rate.
- The highest rate that gold was priced at was Rs.3,212 per gram on the 25th of June.
- The lowest rate of gold was observed on the 1st of the month at Rs.2,991 per gram.
|1st day||Rs. 2,605 per gram||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,781 per gram||Rs. 3,067 per gram||Rs. 2,988 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on 28th January||Rs. 3,067 per gram on 27th to 29th February||Rs. 3090 from 2nd March to 19th March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,605 per gram on 1st January||Rs. 2,781 per gram on 1st February||Rs. 2,974 per gram on 23rd to 25th March|
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot in January 2016
- The month of January began with low gold rates of Rs. 2,605 per gram.
- However, there was a rise in demand in the domestic market by the jewellers which drove prices up.
- In the global market, the dollar weakened and the market was uncertain and this contributed to higher gold prices.
- The highest price of gold was at Rs. 2,727 per gram on 28th January.
- The month ended at Rs. 2,781 per gram indicating a substantial increase of 8.52% in the rates.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot in February 2016
- On 1st February, gold traded at Rs. 2,714 per gram which was quite low, but the month saw a rising trend.
- Global market turbulence played a major role in driving gold rates up.
- Gold rates rose to its highest for the month on 27th to 29th February at Rs. 3,067 per gram.
- The overall inclined trend brought about a 10.28% increase for the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend in Rajkot in March 2016
- Demand in March dropped as the jewellers announced their all-India strike.
- Prices stayed constant as there was no demand from the jewellers, but the global demand helped gold rates maintain their stability.
- The highest gold rate was Rs. 3,090 from 2nd March to 19th March.
- Rates rose to Rs. 2,988 on 26th March and remained the same till the end of the month even though the strike continued.
The gold rate in Rajkot varies based on the purity. People can buy either 24 karat, 22 karat, 18 karat or 14 karat gold. 24 karat gold is the most expensive and 14 karat is the cheapest. Gold rate changes in accordance to the international gold market. The prices of gold has been picked up in January 2016 after the significant fall in 2015.
24 karat gold:
It is the purest form of gold as it includes 99.95% gold mass. 24 karat gold is a very soft metal hence it cannot be used to make jewellery or other ornaments. The gold rate for 24 karat gold in Rajkot is Rs.29,650 per 10 grams as on 10th March, 2016.
22 karat gold:
22 karat gold includes 91.6% gold mass. It is the highest quality gold. It is used to make jewellery and ornaments. 22 karat gold has a shiny yellow coat. The 22 karat gold brightness depends on the metal it is alloyed with. 22 karat gold is usually alloyed with silver or copper. When gold is mixed with copper you get a reddish tint. Zinc is added to copper so that it neutralises the rose color and makes it look more yellow.
The best quality gold is when the 22 karat gold is alloyed with silver. It is the most common form of retail gold jewellery. It is however worn off easily so special care has to be taken. The gold rate for 22 karat gold in Rajkot is Rs.27,720 per 10 grams as on 10th March, 2016.
18 karat gold:
It includes 75% of the gold mass and is the popular karat for jewellery. 18 karat gold provides enough strength to hold the gemstones, diamonds and emeralds in place. Pink and rose gold are 18 karat.
14 karat gold:
It includes 58.3% gold mass and it is also the cheapest type of gold jewellery. When alloyed with copper you get a dull bronze color. If 14 karat gold is alloyed with silver or nickel it will look white and it is known as white gold.
Gold investment avenues in Rajkot
People in India buy either gold jewellery or coins and bars or shares as an investment. Gold sales are usually higher during the wedding season and festivals. As gold is treated as a safe haven asset, investors buy gold to protect themselves from the market fluctuations. Gold can be brought in Rajkot in the following ways:
Over the counter purchases:
When people buy gold they prefer to look at the jewellery and try it on before actually buying it. There are a various jewellers in the Rajkot from where people can buy gold. Gold can also be brought in the form of gold coins and bars from the bank as well as the jewellers. When you buy gold from the bank is costlier as you get a purity certificate.
Gold can also be purchased from anywhere now as you have access to E-gold, futures and ETFs. However, trading in gold is subject to risk. ETFs is traded on Bombay Stock Exchange. E-gold trade is done through National Spot Exchange.
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Gujarat
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Rajkot
Read more on Gold
- Global Demand For Gold Driven By Indian Wedding Traditions
- Significance Of Indian Jewellery
- How To Buy Gold Coins Bars Bullion Online