*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Gold Price In Amritsar
Amritsar, located in the North western part of India, is one of the most populous states of Punjab. Apart from being a Sikh stronghold, Amritsar is also home to the holiest of holy places - the Golden Temple - for Sikhs. The city is located along the extremities of the India- Pakistan border and often records a lot of turmoil, owing to this. This fact can have a major bearing on how gold performs in the city as there can be a lot of risks involved in moving gold here.
Trend of Gold Rate in Amritsar from April 2018 to June 2018 (rates per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,192 per gram||Rs.3,187 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,208 per gram||Rs.3,187 per gram||Rs.3,124 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,224 per gram on 20 April||Rs.3,234 per gram on 14 May||Rs.3,192 per gram on 16 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,129 per gram on 7 April||Rs.3,171 per gram on 18 May||Rs.3,124 per gram on 25 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Amritsar for April 2018:
- When trading for the first month of Q2 2018 began, gold was priced at Rs.3,140 per gram.
- Trading over the course of these 30 days was influenced by the US-China trade war which.seemed to push gold rates up.
- As the tensions subsided and the US dollar rose, gold rates in Amritsar went down to Rs.3,129 per gram - the month’s lowest rates.
- After considerable fluctuations, gold was priced at Rs.3,224 per gram on the 20th of April.
- Prices consolidated as the month ended, and the metal was seen trading at Rs.3,208 per gram on the final day of the month.
- A price change of 2.16% was recorded this month, thanks to a strong demand for the metal.
Gold Rate in Amritsar for May 2018:
- May’s trading started with gold being priced at Rs.3,192 per gram - a Rs.16 decline from the previous day’s rates.
- This month saw gold rates drop as cues remained weak and the US dollar seemed to improve against other apex currencies.
- The precious metal traded at its highest this month on the 14th, when it was priced at Rs.3,234 per gram.
- On the 18th, just four days after hitting a monthly high figure, gold rates dropped to Rs.3,171 per gram - the lowest rate for the month.
- When the month ended, gold was priced at Rs.3,187 per gram and a 0.15% decline was recorded this month due to a weak demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Amritsar for June 2018:
- On the 1st of June, gold prices in Amritsar opened at Rs.3,187 per gram. This month was a great period for the US dollar which bounced back ahead of strong markets and an near imminent Fed rate hike.
- Gold rates dropped around the world as a result of this, and there was a negative trading trend this month.
- The metal was trading at its highest of Rs.3,192 per gram on the 16th of June before dropping over the next few days.
- On the 25th, the metal traded at its lowest of Rs.3,124 per gram. Over the final few days gold rates were largely stable.
- The month ended with gold opened at Rs.3,124 per gram and price trends dropped by 1.32%.