*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Ratlam, a quaint city in Madhya Pradesh is haven for gold buyers from around the country. This is because the gold available is quite pure. Gold jewelry has a purity index of around 92% in Ratlam, sometimes referred to as ‘Gold City’. Come festivals and wedding season, the gold markets are crowded with eager buyers.
Gold Price in Ratlam
The price of the yellow metal in Ratlam tends to fluctuate, owing to the market trends. Economic scenario and international rates also linked to the volatility of gold prices. The yellow metal is available as bars, coins, and jewellery of weights 1 gram, 10 gram, 50 grams, and 100 grams. Gold mainly comes in 24 karats and 22 karats, with prices varying due to the quality of the yellow metal.
Pure gold, which is measured as 24 karat, cannot be usually crafted or moulded into jewellery due to its soft nature. One gram of 24k gold is priced at Rs 3,033 as on March 14, 2016. This was after gold gained Rs 155 post its two-day losing streak in four months and priced at Rs 2,962 in February.
A popular option when it comes to making jewellery, 22 karat gold has a purity index of approximately 92%. Gold of this purity can be bought as jewellery or coins. As of March 14, 2016 a person buying 1 gram gold in Ratlam will have to pay Rs 2,873.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam from October to December 2016 (rates per gram for 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,249||Rs.3,168 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,168||Rs.2,975 per gram||Rs.2,884 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,247 per gram on 11th November||Rs.2,938 per gram from 1st to 7th|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,123 from 7th October to 9th October||Rs.2,949 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd and 26th|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for October 2016
- Gold trading for Quarter 4 of 2016 started with the metal trading at Rs.3,249 per gram but dipped to as low as Rs.3,123 per gram on the 9th.
- On 10th, prices increased to Rs.3,135 per gram and further increased to Rs.3,143 per gram on 13th before falling again on the 14th to Rs.3,133 per gram.
- Prices seemed to pick up as they went up to Rs.3,154 per gram on the 20th.
- The last 10 days of October saw prices stabilise and increase to hit Rs.3,168 per gram on the 26th and continued at the same rate till the end of the month.
- Overall, there was a price trend change of -2.49% seen in the first month of Q4.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for November 2016
- November saw prices dwindle considerably as demonetisation came into effect.
- This was the month when there was a massive cash crunch, which brought about a massive decrease in gold prices.
- The first few days were considerably good as gold was trading at Rs.3,168 per gram which then increased to Rs.3,197 by the 9th as purchases increased.
- Prices increased significantly on the 11th to Rs.3,247 per gram as demand took an upward incline.
- However, price began to drop from the 13th as PAN card was made mandatory for gold purchases of more than Rs.2 lakh.
- From 13th to 18th, gold prices remained at Rs.3,082 per gram but fell significantly to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 19th.
- It was all downward curve from then on as prices hit Rs.2,976 per gram on 24th and then to Rs.2,949 per gram on the 25th.
- As cash flow issues seemed to subside, gold rates picked up slightly to end the month at Rs.2,975 per gram at the end of the month.
- The month of November saw a change of -6.09% in Ratlam.
Gold Trend Rate in Ratlam for December 2016
- The ill-effects of demonetisation seemed to continue for much of December as cash was still relatively unavailable in most parts of the country.
- The month began with gold trending at Rs.2,938 per gram - a sharp decrease of 37 from the last day of November.
- Although, prices remained the same till 7th, it fell to Rs.2,907 per gram on the 8th.
- On 10th, prices fell again to hit Rs.2,879 per gram and then to Rs.2,842 per gram on the 16th.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,826 per gram on the 17th and continued at the same rate till 21st but decreased again to Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd.
- Courtesy of new year approaching, gold rates seemed to increase as it saw prices end at Rs.2,884 per gram.
- Overall, the month of December saw a change of -1.83%.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,112 per gram||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,212 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,225 per gram||Rs.3,279 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 per gram on 31st July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,285 per gram from 23rd-26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,225 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,212 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for July 2016
- Gold prices rose in the first week as demand grew due to market uncertainty, trading at Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,210 per gram on 5th July as markets fared badly on news that Asian economies were contracting.
- Gold prices fell as the markets recovered, with gold sliding.
- Prices fell to Rs.3,224 per gram on 26th July before rallying to close the month at Rs.3,249 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for August 2016
- Prices continued to be high, with gold trading at Rs.3,249 per gram on 1st August and rising to Rs.3,274 in the first week.
- Demand dropped, resulting in prices falling to Rs.3,226 per gram in the second week.
- Domestic demand helped prices rise marginally, with gold trading at Rs.3,272 per gram on 16th August.
- Demand rose as international markets fell, pushing demand for gold on both international and domestic fronts.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,225 per gram at the end of the month due to a steep fall in demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for September 2016
- Gold fell to Rs.3,212 per gram at the start of September as markets rallied on strong economic data from U.S.A.
- Prices rose marginally as jewellers fuelled domestic demand owing to the upcoming festive season.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,246 per gram on 14th September on renewed demand but prices dipped slightly towards the end of the second week.
- Prices rose in the third week with gold trading at Rs.3,251 per gram on 21st September.
- Prices were stable at Rs.3,285 per gram on 26th September before falling slightly to close at Rs.3,279 per gram on 30th September.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st Day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,154 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,154 per gram on May 20||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,989 per gram on April 5||Rs. 3,018 per gram on May 31||Rs.3,015 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in April 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs. 2,989 per gram.
- Gold prices fluctuated quite a bit in the month of April owing to lukewarm response from Jewellers and traders.
- Gold closed the month at Rs. 3,154 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in May 2016
- There were no major changes in demand and the rate remained unchanged at Rs. 3,154 per gram on the first day of May.
- Gold price reduced as the month progressed in the expectation of a federal reserve rate hike.
- The price declined to Rs. 3,018 per gram on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in June 2016
- Gold prices were on the rise in June thanks to firming overseas trends.
- Although prices remained stable for a few days during the course of the month, they increased steadily from time to time and the highest rate was recorded on the 27th of the month as prices soared to Rs.3,192.
- Between the first and last day of the month, the overall increase in prices was Rs.178.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,601 per gram||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram||Rs. 2,989 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,789 per gram on January 27th||Rs. 3,068 per gram on February 29th||Rs. 3,093 per gram on March 12th|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,601 per gram on January 1st||Rs. 2,775 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,989 per gram on March 31st|
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,601 per gram on the 1st of January without many changes over the few days
- Gold rose steadily in the month of January owing to good demand.
- Gold hit the highest rate for January on 31st at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in February 2016
- Gold traded at the same rate as on the last day of January on the first day of February too at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
- February witnessed a steady rise in Gold prices as it shot up to Rs. 3,068 per gram on 26th of February.
- Gold gained by 10.55% in the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in March 2016
- Gold managed to hold steady at Rs. 3,068 on the 1st of March.
- Gold hit its highest for the month at Rs. 3,093 per gram on the 12th of March
- But gold witnessed a steady downfall in the last two weeks of March and stood at Rs. 2,989 per gram at the end of March.
Gold investment avenues in Ratlam
Gold jewellery today is not only a fashion accessory, but also a powerful medium of investment. There are many advantages of investing in gold, with its value increasing offering a huge gain for long-term investors.
Gold is considered an ideal investment, thanks to its ever-increasing value. Though most of the times it is bought in the form of jewellery, gold is also available as bars and coins. Gold coins and bars can be bought at any jewellery store that has BIS certificate. Several nationalized banks also sell gold coins, along with the purity certificate for resale value.
One of the most alluring precious metals, gold can also be bought in different ways, one of them being online. Several jewellery stores also offer gold savings account. Paper gold trading has also gained popularity in the country. Interested investors and speculators can trade in e-gold. Futures trading, gold exchange trading funds (ETFs) and sovereign gold bonds, among the many other methods.
**Disclaimer: The gold rates mentioned above are subject to change as per the market conditions. Before buying gold, it is advisable to refer the current rates.**
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Madhya Pradesh
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Ratlam
|Gold Rate In Jabalpur||Gold Rate In Bhopal||Gold Rate In Indore|
|Gold Rate In Udaipur||Gold Rate In Vadodara||Gold Rate In Ahmedabad|
Read more on Gold
- India's Obsession For Gold
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Gold Prices in 2016
- How Gold Markets Run in India