*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Ratlam, a quaint city in Madhya Pradesh is haven for gold buyers from around the country. This is because the gold available is quite pure. Gold jewelry has a purity index of around 92% in Ratlam, sometimes referred to as ‘Gold City’. Come festivals and wedding season, the gold markets are crowded with eager buyers.
Gold Price in Ratlam
The price of the yellow metal in Ratlam tends to fluctuate, owing to the market trends. Economic scenario and international rates also linked to the volatility of gold prices. The yellow metal is available as bars, coins, and jewellery of weights 1 gram, 10 gram, 50 grams, and 100 grams. Gold mainly comes in 24 karats and 22 karats, with prices varying due to the quality of the yellow metal.
Pure gold, which is measured as 24 karat, cannot be usually crafted or moulded into jewellery due to its soft nature. One gram of 24k gold is priced at Rs 3,033 as on March 14, 2016. This was after gold gained Rs 155 post its two-day losing streak in four months and priced at Rs 2,962 in February.
A popular option when it comes to making jewellery, 22 karat gold has a purity index of approximately 92%. Gold of this purity can be bought as jewellery or coins. As of March 14, 2016 a person buying 1 gram gold in Ratlam will have to pay Rs 2,873.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for January 2018 to March 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,093 per gram||Rs.3,128 per gram||Rs.3,147 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,121 per gram||Rs.3,147 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,162 per gram on 17 & 18 January||Rs.3,148 per gram from 3-5, 7 and from 17-22 February||Rs.3,148 per gram on 8 & 9 and from 24-31 March|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,080 per gram from 4-8 January||Rs.3,091 per gram from 9-11 February||Rs.3,123 per gram from 17-23 March|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for October 2017 to December 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,127 per gram||Rs.3,070 per gram||Rs.3,074 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,088 per gram||Rs.3,081 per gram||Rs.3,093 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,135 per gram from 12 to 17 October||Rs.3,115 per gram on 19 and 20 November||Rs.3,094 per gram from 2 to 4 December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,002 per gram from 23 to 26 October||Rs.3,061 per gram on 6th November||Rs.2,988 per gram on 12 and 13 December|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for October 2017:
- Gold opened on a relatively high note, trading at Rs.3,127 per gram when October began.
- Rates continued at this rate before dropping to Rs.3,104 per gram on the 4th as demand seemed to fall amid poor local demand and a rising US dollar.
- Gold prices in Ratlam flatlined at Rs.3,084 per gram from 6th to 8th October before increasing to Rs.3,119 per gram on the 9th and rising to the month’s highest figure of Rs.3,135 per gram on the 12th of October.
- The yellow metal’s rates continued at Rs.3,135 per gram till the 17th - owing to festive demand and a weak US dollar - but fell to Rs.3,011 per gram on the 19th.
- Gold rates hit their lowest for the month when the metal traded at Rs.3,002 per gram from the period between the 23rd and 26th October.
- From this point on, rates improved gradually to end the month at Rs.3,088 per gram.
- Some poor demand towards the latter half of the month led to prices declining by 1.24% in Ratlam.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for November 2017:
- Gold rates in Ratlam saw an improvement in the month of November, thanks to various events involving the US president Donald Trump.
- The yellow metal’s rates had actually tumbled when trading began for November - starting at Rs.3,070 per gram as opposed to Rs.3,088 per gram the previous day.
- But, a weak US dollar performance - brought about by the lukewarm response to Donald Trump’s latest tax structure rejig - pushed gold rates up.
- Gold traded at its highest during the 19th and the 20th when it was priced at Rs.3,115 per gram.
- However, a improvement in US treasury yields gave the US economy a much needed reason for growth.
- By the end of this month, gold rates had plummeted to go down to Rs.3,081 per gram.
- Despite the reduced demand towards the end of the month, gold rate trends managed to record an increase of 0.35%.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for December 2017:
- Gold rates in Ratlam opened strongly when December began. However, rates seemed to be on the decline for most part of the month due to poor demand.
- On the 1st of December, the yellow metal was priced at Rs.3,078 per gram, which then rose to Rs.3,094 per gram - the month’s highest gold rate.
- From this point on, there was consistent decline in prices with prices going down to as low as Rs.2,988 per gram on the 12th of December.
- But, a number of issues concerning the US economy and the Trump Presidency led to a weakening of the US dollar and the subsequent rise in gold prices.
- During the second half of the month, gold rates seemed to be on the incline - rising steadily and closing at Rs.3,093 per gram as the month came to an end.
- Gold price trend inclined by 0.61% in Ratlam for the last month of 2017, thanks to a rise in demand both globally and domestically.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for July 2017 to September 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,055 per gram||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,988 per gram||Rs.3,045 per gram||Rs.3,127 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,055 per gram on 1 & 2 July||Rs.3,045 per gram from 29- 31 August||Rs.3,186 per gram from 9-12 September|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,981 per gram on 9 July||Rs.2,978 per gram on 8 August||Rs.3,045 per gram on 1 September|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for July 2017:
- Gold traded at Rs.3,055 per gram on the 1st of July before fluctuating significantly over the course of the month.
- Due to weak industrial and volatile markets, gold rates in Ratlam saw massive drops throughout the first few week.
- Demand was affected so much that, gold rates hit a monthly low of Rs.2,902 per gram on the 10th of July, and prices fell by Rs.153 over a 10-day period.
- Some unwarranted aggression from North Korea pushed gold rates back up as safe-haven investments increased.
- After the initial fall, gold rates in Ratlam recovered to end the month at Rs.2,988 per gram.
- Weak global demand combined with the impact of GST saw gold rates dip by 2.13% for the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for August 2017:
- The month of August saw gold perform well, thanks to a major geopolitical issue combined with various other factors.
- Gold was priced at Rs.2,988 per gram on the 1st of August.
- Rising tension between the United States and North Korea sent markets into a frenzy, pushing gold rates up towards the end of the month.
- From the 29th to the 31st of the month, gold traded at a monthly high rate of Rs.3,045 per gram.
- Gold rates in Ratlam surged by 1.90% this month as local markets recovered from GST’s impact and investors improved their investment.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for September 2017:
- When September began, gold was priced at Rs.3,045 per gram.
- This rate went up to Rs.3,186 per gram on the 9th as North Korea confirmed reports about its most ambitious, underground nuclear test.
- Gold rates in Ratlam remained at Rs.3,186 per gram till the 13th as demand from local investors was supplemented by strong cues globally.
- The US dollar, however, regained some of its sheen as markets recovered to push gold rates down.
- But, festive demand led to price increase towards the end of the month, with the metal trading at Rs.3,165 per gram.
- Demand, though, simmered down as the month drew to a close. Buoyed by multiple festivals, gold rates surged by 2.69% this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for April 2017 to June 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,011 per gram||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,061 per gram||Rs.3,046 per gram||Rs.3,055 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,061 per gram on 29 & 30 April||Rs.3,061 per gram on 1 May and 2 May||Rs.3,077 per gram on 7 & 8 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,011 per gram from 1-3 April||Rs.2,956 per gram from 11-16 May||Rs.3,033 per gram from 15-29 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for April 2017:
- When trading began on the 1st of April, gold was priced at Rs.3,011 per gram.
- Due to sustained demand from local jewellers, gold prices remained at Rs.3,011 per gram during the 2nd and the 3rd of April.
- Prices went up on the 3rd, thanks to a fall in US dollar value, to hit Rs.3,043 per gram.
- The sluggish demand in local market and the fall in dollar value helped gold prices hold up at Rs.3,043 per gram till the end of the 9th.
- However, as demand came down, gold prices decreased to Rs.3,025 per gram on the 10th.
- From the 11th to the 25th, gold prices remained at Rs.3,025 per gram owing to stable demand.
- Bullion market performed well and gold prices went up to Rs.3,036 per gram on the 26th and increased again on the 27th to reach Rs.3,048 per gram.
- The 29th saw gold prices go up again to Rs.3,061 per gram and remained the same till the end of the month on the 30th of April.
- Gold price trends were on the positive side having increased at a rate of 1.66%, compared to the previous month.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for May 2017:
- The second month of Q2 2017 started with gold trading at Rs.3,061 per gram.
- Rates fell consistently this month due to a lack of demand in local circles.
- On the 2nd of May, gold prices were recorded at Rs.3,061 per gram before dropping by Rs.41 to Rs.3,020 per gram in the international market and subsequently in Ratlam.
- As demand didn’t pick up amidst rising US dollar rate, gold prices fell to Rs.2,996 per gram on the 4th.
- Prices went further down to Rs.2,977 per gram as demand kept falling consistently.
- Gold rates hit their lowest - of Rs.2,956 per gram on the 11th - reaching near four-month low figures as stocks surged in the US.
- On the 17th, gold prices went up to Rs.2,973 per gram as US markets fell owing to weak manufacturing data.
- Bullion prices went up again on the 18th to 3,017 per gram and continued at the same rate as local jewellers took advantage of low international rates.
- Due to a surging demand, prices went up to Rs.3,028 per gram on the 25th and then to Rs.3,048 per gram on the 29th.
- Despite the late surge towards the end of the month, gold prices fell by 0.49% for this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for June 2017:
- On the 1st of June, gold was trading at Rs.3,046 per gram and remained unchanged on the 2nd.
- However, as US dollar rate fell, demand increased and so did the prices.
- The 3rd saw gold trading at Rs.3,059 per gram - which then went up to Rs.3,077 per gram on the 5th.
- As news that Indian Bullion Association may stop imports came to light, prices took a hit to go down to Rs.3,053 per gram on the 9th.
- Prices went down to Rs.3,033 per gram on the 15th as US dollar value increased.
- From the 16th to the 29th, gold rates remained at Rs.3,033 per gram as demand from local jewellers remained stable.
- Gold rates from the 15th to the 29th i.e., Rs.3,033 per gram were the lowest bullion trading price for the month.
- On the last day of the month, gold prices went up to Rs.3,055 per gram as demand from local circles surged amidst weak US stock and dollar data.
- Gold price trends saw a slight increase of 0.29%, thanks to a sustained and consistent demand for the metal.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for January 2017 to March 2017 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.2,884 per gram||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.2,985 per gram||Rs.3,054 per gram||Rs.3,011 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.2,997 per gram from 16th to 27th January||Rs.3,054 per gram from 24th to 28th February||Rs.3,054 per gram on 1st and 2nd March|
|Lowest price||Rs.2,884 per gram on 1st & 3rd January||Rs.2,985 per gram on 1st February||Rs.2,968 per gram on 15th of March|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for January 2017:
- When January 2017 began in Ratlam, gold was trading at Rs.2,884 per gram.
- But prices went down toRs.2,972 per gram as there was a sudden dip in demand.
- Gold rates were on the incline from the 3rd as demand for the metal increased as dollar value plummeted amidst concerns over US monetary policy.
- Gold prices went up to Rs.2,938 per gram on the 10th as demand kept increasing while dollar value failed to pick up.
- In fact, gold was having such a good trading period that the rates seen on the 2nd was the lowest price for the entire month.
- As demand consolidated, gold prices held on at Rs.2,997 per gram from 14th to the 27th of March.
- On 28th, gold was trading at Rs.2,985 per gram and remained the same till the end of the month.
- Gold price trends in Ratlam went up by 3.50%, as demand increased while dollar value decreased simultaneously.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for February 2017:
- When February began, gold was priced at Rs.2,985 per gram.
- Gold rates were at their lowest in Ratlam on the 1st of February, which meant that there was enough demand for the metal as days progressed.
- As demand went up gold prices also went up on 2nd to reach Rs.3,014 per gram and remained above Rs.3,000 per gram range for the entire month.
- Despite seeing some fluctuations, gold prices ended at Rs.3,034 per gram by the end of the 17th.
- When February came to an end on the 28th, gold was trading at Rs.3,054 per gram - an increase of Rs.40 from the first day’s prices.
- The month of February was, in fact, the most stable period with regards to gold sales as there was sustained demand for the metal.
- Gold rates reached their highest on 24th when the metal was seen trading at Rs.3,054 per gram.
- Price trends saw an inclined growth of 2.33% in February 2017.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for March 2017:
- The month of March was a rather terrible period for gold trading as demand took a massive hit.
- Gold rates fell during this month as the US Federal Reserve increased the interest rate for the second time in two months.
- Prices fell because the hike brought about an increase in the dollar value, which made gold more dearer.
- The month started with gold selling at .3,054 per gram.
- As demand kept fluctuating, gold prices hit their lowest on the 15th when the yellow metal was trading at Rs.2,968 per gram, which also happened to be the lowest price for the quarter.
- However, rates went up by Rs.44 per gram on 16th as demand picked up, thereby curbing the free fall in prices.
- As there was no change in demand, gold rates were holding at Rs.3035 per gram till the end of the 23rd.
- Even though there was an increase in demand during the last week of March, gold prices couldn’t end March on a positive note.
- This was primarily because gold trading had taken a massive hit during the second half of hte month when the Fed rate hike was introduced.
- Price trends went down by 1.40% in Ratlam for the month of March.
|1st day||Rs.3,249||Rs.3,168 per gram||Rs.2,938 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,168||Rs.2,975 per gram||Rs.2,884 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 on 1st and 2nd October||Rs.3,247 per gram on 11th November||Rs.2,938 per gram from 1st to 7th|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,123 from 7th October to 9th October||Rs.2,949 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd and 26th|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for October 2016
- Gold trading for Quarter 4 of 2016 started with the metal trading at Rs.3,249 per gram but dipped to as low as Rs.3,123 per gram on the 9th.
- On 10th, prices increased to Rs.3,135 per gram and further increased to Rs.3,143 per gram on 13th before falling again on the 14th to Rs.3,133 per gram.
- Prices seemed to pick up as they went up to Rs.3,154 per gram on the 20th.
- The last 10 days of October saw prices stabilise and increase to hit Rs.3,168 per gram on the 26th and continued at the same rate till the end of the month.
- Overall, there was a price trend change of -2.49% seen in the first month of Q4.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for November 2016
- November saw prices dwindle considerably as demonetisation came into effect.
- This was the month when there was a massive cash crunch, which brought about a massive decrease in gold prices.
- The first few days were considerably good as gold was trading at Rs.3,168 per gram which then increased to Rs.3,197 by the 9th as purchases increased.
- Prices increased significantly on the 11th to Rs.3,247 per gram as demand took an upward incline.
- However, price began to drop from the 13th as PAN card was made mandatory for gold purchases of more than Rs.2 lakh.
- From 13th to 18th, gold prices remained at Rs.3,082 per gram but fell significantly to Rs.3,009 per gram on the 19th.
- It was all downward curve from then on as prices hit Rs.2,976 per gram on 24th and then to Rs.2,949 per gram on the 25th.
- As cash flow issues seemed to subside, gold rates picked up slightly to end the month at Rs.2,975 per gram at the end of the month.
- The month of November saw a change of -6.09% in Ratlam.
Gold Trend Rate in Ratlam for December 2016
- The ill-effects of demonetisation seemed to continue for much of December as cash was still relatively unavailable in most parts of the country.
- The month began with gold trending at Rs.2,938 per gram - a sharp decrease of 37 from the last day of November.
- Although, prices remained the same till 7th, it fell to Rs.2,907 per gram on the 8th.
- On 10th, prices fell again to hit Rs.2,879 per gram and then to Rs.2,842 per gram on the 16th.
- Prices fell to Rs.2,826 per gram on the 17th and continued at the same rate till 21st but decreased again to Rs.2,810 per gram on the 22nd.
- Courtesy of new year approaching, gold rates seemed to increase as it saw prices end at Rs.2,884 per gram.
- Overall, the month of December saw a change of -1.83%.
|1st day||Rs.3,112 per gram||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,212 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,249 per gram||Rs.3,225 per gram||Rs.3,279 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,249 per gram on 31st July||Rs.3,283 per gram on 18th August||Rs.3,285 per gram from 23rd-26th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,225 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,212 per gram on 1st and 2nd September|
|Trend||Increase in price||Decrease in price||Increase in price|
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for July 2016
- Gold prices rose in the first week as demand grew due to market uncertainty, trading at Rs.3,112 per gram on 1st July.
- Prices rose to Rs.3,210 per gram on 5th July as markets fared badly on news that Asian economies were contracting.
- Gold prices fell as the markets recovered, with gold sliding.
- Prices fell to Rs.3,224 per gram on 26th July before rallying to close the month at Rs.3,249 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for August 2016
- Prices continued to be high, with gold trading at Rs.3,249 per gram on 1st August and rising to Rs.3,274 in the first week.
- Demand dropped, resulting in prices falling to Rs.3,226 per gram in the second week.
- Domestic demand helped prices rise marginally, with gold trading at Rs.3,272 per gram on 16th August.
- Demand rose as international markets fell, pushing demand for gold on both international and domestic fronts.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,225 per gram at the end of the month due to a steep fall in demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Ratlam for September 2016
- Gold fell to Rs.3,212 per gram at the start of September as markets rallied on strong economic data from U.S.A.
- Prices rose marginally as jewellers fuelled domestic demand owing to the upcoming festive season.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,246 per gram on 14th September on renewed demand but prices dipped slightly towards the end of the second week.
- Prices rose in the third week with gold trading at Rs.3,251 per gram on 21st September.
- Prices were stable at Rs.3,285 per gram on 26th September before falling slightly to close at Rs.3,279 per gram on 30th September.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,989 per gram||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 3,154 per gram||Rs. 3,018 per gram||Rs.3,112 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 3,154 per gram on April 30||Rs. 3,154 per gram on May 20||Rs.3,192 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,989 per gram on April 5||Rs. 3,018 per gram on May 31||Rs.3,015 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in April 2016
- Gold opened the month at Rs. 2,989 per gram.
- Gold prices fluctuated quite a bit in the month of April owing to lukewarm response from Jewellers and traders.
- Gold closed the month at Rs. 3,154 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in May 2016
- There were no major changes in demand and the rate remained unchanged at Rs. 3,154 per gram on the first day of May.
- Gold price reduced as the month progressed in the expectation of a federal reserve rate hike.
- The price declined to Rs. 3,018 per gram on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in June 2016
- Gold prices were on the rise in June thanks to firming overseas trends.
- Although prices remained stable for a few days during the course of the month, they increased steadily from time to time and the highest rate was recorded on the 27th of the month as prices soared to Rs.3,192.
- Between the first and last day of the month, the overall increase in prices was Rs.178.
|1st Day||Rs. 2,601 per gram||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram|
|Last Day||Rs. 2,775 per gram||Rs. 3,068 per gram||Rs. 2,989 per gram|
|Highest Price||Rs. 2,789 per gram on January 27th||Rs. 3,068 per gram on February 29th||Rs. 3,093 per gram on March 12th|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 2,601 per gram on January 1st||Rs. 2,775 per gram on February 1st||Rs. 2,989 per gram on March 31st|
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in January 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,601 per gram on the 1st of January without many changes over the few days
- Gold rose steadily in the month of January owing to good demand.
- Gold hit the highest rate for January on 31st at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in February 2016
- Gold traded at the same rate as on the last day of January on the first day of February too at Rs. 2,775 per gram.
- February witnessed a steady rise in Gold prices as it shot up to Rs. 3,068 per gram on 26th of February.
- Gold gained by 10.55% in the month of February.
Gold Rate Trend of Ratlam in March 2016
- Gold managed to hold steady at Rs. 3,068 on the 1st of March.
- Gold hit its highest for the month at Rs. 3,093 per gram on the 12th of March
- But gold witnessed a steady downfall in the last two weeks of March and stood at Rs. 2,989 per gram at the end of March.
Gold investment avenues in Ratlam
Gold jewellery today is not only a fashion accessory, but also a powerful medium of investment. There are many advantages of investing in gold, with its value increasing offering a huge gain for long-term investors.
Gold is considered an ideal investment, thanks to its ever-increasing value. Though most of the times it is bought in the form of jewellery, gold is also available as bars and coins. Gold coins and bars can be bought at any jewellery store that has BIS certificate. Several nationalized banks also sell gold coins, along with the purity certificate for resale value.
One of the most alluring precious metals, gold can also be bought in different ways, one of them being online. Several jewellery stores also offer gold savings account. Paper gold trading has also gained popularity in the country. Interested investors and speculators can trade in e-gold. Futures trading, gold exchange trading funds (ETFs) and sovereign gold bonds, among the many other methods.
**Disclaimer: The gold rates mentioned above are subject to change as per the market conditions. Before buying gold, it is advisable to refer the current rates.**
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Madhya Pradesh
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Ratlam
|Gold Rate In Jabalpur||Gold Rate In Bhopal||Gold Rate In Indore|
|Gold Rate In Udaipur||Gold Rate In Vadodara||Gold Rate In Ahmedabad|
Read more on Gold
- India's Obsession For Gold
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme
- Gold Prices in 2016
- How Gold Markets Run in India