*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Bathinda is one of the largest cities in the state of Punjab and a fast-emerging economic powerhouse. Apart from its historic importance, Bathinda is expanding industrially as fertilizer and cement plants are taking over traditional commerce ventures. With one of the largest cotton and food grain markets in the country as well as a large armed forces presence, Bathinda has always had a prominent place in commerce and security. With growing economic prosperity, there is an increased interest in gold purchases, which are seen as a way to grow one’s personal wealth.
Gold Rate Trend in Bathinda from April 2018 to June 2018 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,140 per gram||Rs.3,192 per gram||Rs.3,187 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,208 per gram||Rs.3,187 per gram||Rs.3,119 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,224 per gram on 20 April||Rs.3,234 per gram on 14 May||Rs.3,192 per gram on 16 June|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,129 per gram on 7 April||Rs.3,171 per gram on 18 May||Rs.3,119 per gram on 30 June|
Gold Rate Trend in Bathinda for April 2018
- Gold opened the month in Bathinda priced at Rs.3,140 per gram as demand was stable after a sustained period of gains.
- A low U.S. Dollar and fluctuating equity markets led to greater demand for bullion as investors sought to hedge equity losses.
- Growing interest from Asian industry due to the low dollar rate also boosted gold prices, which traded at Rs.3,224 per gram on 20 April.
- Prices dropped marginally towards the end of the month as the dollar recovered and gained on other global currencies, as investors also eased on gold purchases.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.3,208 per gram on 30 April as gold gained 2.16% in value over the course of the month.
Gold Rate Trend in Bathinda for May 2018
- Steady demand from both retail as well as industrial sectors led to gold prices rising steadily over the course of the month.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,192 per gram on 1 May as unstable stock markets led to higher demand for the yellow metal among investors.
- Industrial demand was also on the rise as the dollar fell on fresh fears of conflict with North Korea.
- Retail demand was stable but on the decline due to the high price, with gold surging to Rs.3,161 per gram on 18 May.
- As overseas markets began to recover from their earlier losses, demand for gold dropped in the international market though local jewellers kept demand stable.
- The dollar also stabilised after a prolonged period of instability, which led to a drop in demand due to the higher cost associated with imports.
- The month ended with gold priced at Rs.3,187 per gram on 28 February.
Gold Rate Trend in Bathinda for June 2018
- Gold opened at Rs.3,187 per gram when trading opened before prices fell to Rs.3,166 per gram on 2 June due to a steep fall in order volumes.
- The possibility of another interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve made investors cautious as they stayed away from the commodity, as prices fell to Rs.3,150 per gram on 8 June.
- Following the success of the North Korea-U.S. summit, the dollar was boosted as stock markets also rose.
- Gold made a recovery as it traded at Rs.3,192 per gram on 16 June after tensions over trade tariffs between the U.S. and China.
- Local demand was steady but a rising rupee and unfavourable overseas cues led to prices falling to Rs.2,124 per gram on 23 June.
- Prices fluctuated for the rest of the month before closing at Rs.3,119 per gram on 30 June to record a loss of 2.13%.