*Disclaimer: Bankbazaar makes no guarantee or warranty on the accuracy of the data provided on this site, the prevailing rates are susceptible to change with Market value and provided on an as-is basis. Nothing contained herein is intended or shall be deemed to be investment advice, implied or otherwise. We accept no liability for any loss arising from the use of the data contained on this website.
Cuttack is perhaps one of the oldest cities in the country, occupying an important position in the history of northern India. A bustling metropolis, today Cuttack is the second largest city of Odisha and has a teeming population. The city was the capital of the Ganga Dynasty and served as a key trading and commerce destination, making it a prosperous and important city. This trade and commerce helped the residents grow their wealth, with gold becoming an integral unit of money and a part of life here.
Today, gold is viewed as an excellent investment option in the city, with a number of people purchasing it on auspicious occasions. Given the fact that the city does not have local gold production, residents rely on imported gold, which means that international prices have an impact on local gold rates in Cuttack.
Gold rate in Cuttack
The gold rate in Cuttack varies according to the purity of gold, with 24 karat gold being the most expensive. 22k, 18k, 14 karat gold have different levels of impurity and are thereby cheaper.
24 karat gold – 24k gold is 99.9% pure, making it an ideal investment option for gold lovers. This purity of gold is not suited to make jewellery or ornaments and is therefore less popular among the masses. Investing in 10 grams of 24 karat gold in the city would set you back by Rs 29,950 (as of March 9, 2016). The price of 24 karat gold in Cuttack has closely followed international trends over the last year, with 2015 providing an excellent opportunity to own this precious metal at low costs. Prices fell in July, August and December before increasing in 2016. According to estimates one can expect further fluctuation in rates in the future.
22 karat gold – 22 karat gold is mixed with certain impurities, with it typically being around 92% pure, making it ideal to make ornaments. Less purity means lesser rates, with 10 grams costing around Rs 27,990 in the city. The cost of 22 karat gold mimicked the trends witnessed for 24 karat gold, with prices dropping for most of 2015 before steadily picking up since January 2016.
Gold Rate Trend in Cuttack for October 2016 to December 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,152 per gram||Rs.3,065 per gram||Rs.2,893 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,067 per gram||Rs.2,942 per gram||Rs.2,821 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,152 per gram on 1st October and 2nd October||Rs.3,166 per gram on 9th November||Rs.2,893 per gram on 5th and 6th December|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,021 per gram on 15th October and 16th October||Rs.2,914 per gram on 25th November||Rs.2,767 per gram on 26th December|
Gold Rate Trend for Cuttack in October 2016
- Gold opened at Rs.3,152 per gram in Cuttack, with prices remaining constant until the 2nd due to sustained demand. This was also the highest rate at which gold traded in October. There was a slight decline noted in the price of gold over the next few days.
- Gold was priced at Rs.3,040 per gram for 24 karat gold on the 6th of October and declined steadily as the weeks progressed. On the 15th of October, rate of gold plunged to Rs.3,021 per gram and was the same on the 16th as well. This was the lowest rate at which gold traded at for the month of October.
- A slight recovery was noticed in the price of gold as the month progressed, but was relatively low, as compared to the beginning of the month.
- However, despite the stability in prices, there was a decline of 2.69% noted in the price of gold at the end of October.
Gold Rate Trend for Cuttack in November 2016
- In November, the rate of gold was relatively high, as compared due to an increase in demand as it was a continuation of the wedding season in India. Gold rate was quite high during the beginning of the month where the price was Rs.3,065 per gram. However, prices increased from the 2nd of November due to a high demand for gold in both overseas and domestic markets.
- The rate of gold was Rs.3,101 per gram on 2nd November and Rs.3,115 per gram on 3rd November. On the 4th of November, rate of gold fell down to Rs.3,109 per gram.
- On the November 5th, the rate of gold shot up to Rs.3,119 per gram and stayed steady at this the next day as well. This rate was not sustained and decreased over the next couple of days before shooting up to Rs.3166 per gram on the 9th of December which was the highest for the month of November.
- On November 8th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the ban of notes worth Rs.500 and Rs.1,000 in order to combat corruption. This rule was termed as demonetization. Due to the severe cash crunch that followed in the wake of this announcement, fluctuations were noted in the rate of gold.
- The price of gold continued to decline steadily throughout November with some fluctuations here and there.
- From the 20th of November, gold was priced at Rs.2,986 per gram. Gold traded at Rs.2,914 per gram on the 25th of November and this was the lowest rate at which gold traded at for the month.
- Towards the end of November, the price of gold fluctuated before closing at Rs.2,942 per gram.. A number of factors contributed to a decline of 4.01% in the price of gold.
Gold Rate Trend for Cuttack in December 2016
- On the 1st of December, the rate of gold was Rs.2,893 per gram. Gold rate increased by Rs.2 the next day but decreased steadily thereafter over the following days.
- However, the gold increased to Rs.2,893 per gram on the 5th of December and 6th of December which was also the highest rate at which gold traded at for the month.
- Price of gold reduced thereafter and varied between Rs.2,864 to Rs.2,834 and finally declining to Rs.2,803 per gram in the 15th of December.
- The rate of gold continued declined with a few minor fluctuations. This could be attributed to reduced demand for gold both overseas and in India.
- On the last day of December, the price of gold was Rs.2,821 per gram. A decline of 2.48% was recorded over with respect to gold rate.
Gold Rate Trend in Cuttack for July 2016 to September 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs.3,127.50 per gram||Rs.3,215 per gram||Rs.3,132 per gram|
|Last day||Rs.3,214 per gram||Rs.3,148 per gram||Rs.3,169 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,214 per gram on 30th and 31st July||Rs.3,224 per gram on 3rd August||Rs.3,195 on 8th September|
|Lowest price||Rs.3,127.50 per gram on 1st July||Rs.3,148 per gram on 31st August||Rs.3,132 on 1st September|
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in July 2016
- The trend for this month was an incline of 2.77% in gold prices as positive trends filled the global market.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,127.50 on 1st July and prices started climbing.
- As the dust from the Brexit vote settled, expectations of monetary stimulus from the central banks grew strong.
- On 30th and 31st July, gold prices reached their highest for the month, trading at Rs.3,214 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in August 2016
- Initially, gold prices performed well, but towards the second half of the month, prices fell on account of low demand.
- Gold traded at Rs.3,215 per gram on 1st August.
- The price of gold climbed to Rs.3,249 per gram on 3rd August, the highest for this month.
- The outlook of the global market turned bearish as prospects of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve grew strong.
- The fall in demand resulted in a decline of 2.08% in gold prices this month.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in September 2016
- Gold traded at Rs.3,132 per gram on 1st September.
- Gold prices rose to Rs.3,195 on 8th September, the highest price for this month.
- Market sentiments turned bullish when the U.S. Federal Reserve postponed the rate hike to December as the U.S. presidential elections were drawing near.
- Demand for gold climbed quickly and gold traded at Rs.3,169 per gram on 30th September.
- There was an increase of 1.18% in gold prices this month.
Gold Rate Trend in Cuttack for April 2016 to June 2016 (per gram of 24 karat gold)
|1st day||Rs. 2,894 per gram||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs.2,934 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 3,069 per gram||Rs. 2,916 per gram on 31st of May||Rs.3,103 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs.3,069 per gram on the 30th of April||Rs. 3,073 per gram on 7th and 8th of May||Rs.3,180 per gram on 27th June|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,876 per gram on 4th of April||Rs. 2,900 per gram on the 30th of May||Rs.2,911 per gram on 3rd June|
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in April 2016
- Gold traded at Rs. 2,894 per gram on the 1st of April.
- Gold rate fluctuated a lot in April but still managed to rise to Rs. 3,069 per gram by the end of the month.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in May 2016
- Expectations of a rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve pushed down gold prices as gold stood at Rs. 3,051 in the second week of May.
- Rising dollar further led to the decline of gold in May as gold traded at Rs. 2,916 on the 31st of May.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in June 2016
- Gold prices increased steadily during the month of June thanks to firming international trends.
- Although there were days on which gold prices suffered marginal losses, they were overwritten by subsequent gains and the highest rate of gold in the month of June was recorded on the 27th when prices hit Rs.3,180.
- The overall increase in prices between the first day and last day of June was Rs.264.
|1st day||Rs. 2,541 per gram||Rs. 2,714 per gram||Rs. 2,994 per gram|
|Last day||Rs. 2,710 per gram||Rs. 2,964 per gram||Rs. 2,883 per gram|
|Highest price||Rs. 2,727 per gram on January 27th||Rs. 2,987 per gram on 26th of February||Rs. 2,994 per gram on 1st and 2nd of March|
|Lowest price||Rs. 2,538 per gram on 2nd and 3rd of January||Rs. 2,714 per gram on 1st of February||Rs. 2,871 per gram on March 31st|
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in January 2016
- Gold held steady at Rs. 2,541 on 1st of January.
- Gold witnessed a steady rise from the 6th of January owing to global demand.
- Gold hit its highest for the month on 27th January at Rs. 2,727 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in February 2016
- Gold stood at Rs. 2,714 per gram on the 1st of February.
- There was a steady rise in gold rate in February and gold hits its peak for the month on 26th of February at Rs. 2,987 per gram.
Gold Rate Trend of Cuttack in March 2016
- There was a rise in gold rate from 29th of February as gold held steady at Rs. 2,994 per gram on 1st of March.
- Low demand led to a further decline as gold was at its lowest for the month at Rs. 2,871 on 28th of March.
Gold investment avenues in Cuttack
Gold is a key component in the Indian way of life, with people considering it auspicious. Most Indian celebrations are incomplete without gold, with gold sales peaking during festivals and weddings. Today, gold is also viewed as an excellent investment option, providing a safety net against market fluctuations, making it popular among the residents here.
Market trade – New technology has made it possible for people to purchase gold from the comfort of their homes, with E-gold, futures contracts and ETFs providing an avenue to trade in it. Trading in gold comes with an element of risk and individuals should consider it before investing. One can participate in E-gold trade through the National Spot Exchange while gold ETFs can be traded on the Mumbai Stock Exchange.
Over-the-counter – Over-the-counter purchase of gold remains the most popular form of buying gold, with banks and jewellers across the city offering a number of products for every budget. Gold coins, bars and jewellery are some of the popular means of purchasing gold, with bars and coins typically purchased only as an investment. Gold jewellery can be purchased for different purposes and can be resold, offering liquidity. Well known national jewellery brands have a presence in the city and combined with local jewellers, they provide a plethora of products at different rates. Typically, gold purchased from banks can cost more on account of purity certificates.
Also Check Gold Price in NearBy Cities of Cuttack
|Gold Rate In Bhubaneswar||Gold Rate In Visakhapatnam||Gold Rate In Raipur|
|Gold Rate In Kolkata||Gold Rate In Jamshedpur||Gold Rate In Rajahmundry|
- Also Check: Gold Rate in Odisha
Read more on Gold
- Gold And Indian Weddings
- Auspicious Days To Buy Gold In 2016
- Top 5 Factors That Affect Gold Rate In India
- Hallmark Kdm 916 Varieties Of Gold
- Which One Should You Buy Gold Coins Or Gold Bars
News About Gold Rate in Cuttack
Gold Rises as Likelihood of Fed Rate Hike Declines
Gold reached a 3-week high as the possibility of an interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve looks remote.
Gold climbed by 1% on Wednesday (8th June, 2016), with spot gold trading at $1,263.81 per ounce while U.S. gold climbed by 1.2% to trade at $1,262.30 per ounce.
The declining Dollar also contributed to gold prices rising, with the currency falling to a 5 week low against global currencies as speculation of the rate hike being deferred to July spread.
Market watchers predict gold could rise by up to $20 an ounce over the course of the month if market conditions are favourable, but say this will do little to raise demand for the precious metal.
Gold reserves in China did not reflect any change but the country’s central bank indicated China would continue purchases in an effort to expand its reserves of forex.
Demand for gold jewellery continued to be strong in the top three markets, viz. China, India and the U.S.
9th June 2016