JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card:
This co-branded credit card combines the benefits of Jet Airways and Diners Club with the privileges of HDFC Bank. The JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card gives you exclusive benefits on Jet Airways flight bookings and on dining out. This card is ideal for someone who is a frequent flyer and has a high-end lifestyle.
Features and Benefits:
The benefits of a JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card are many, though it is only available to the primary cardholder and not for the add-on cards. All JPMiles accrued on retail spends by add-on card members get transferred to the primary cardholder’s account. Some of the key features are outlined below:
- Welcome gift: As a welcome gift for joining the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card, you get 15 JetPrivilege Tier Points on the first swipe of your card within 90 days of getting the card. You need to have a JetPrivilege Frequent Flier Membership or enrol in the programme at the time of getting the credit card in order to avail this. You can upgrade or maintain your JetPrivilege membership tier through the JetPrivilege Tier Points earned with your credit card spends on flight bookings through Jet Airways and other shopping as well.
- Bonus JPMiles: You can earn up to 30,000 Bonus JPMiles – which can be converted to flight bookings. You will get 15,000 JPMiles on the first swipe of your card within 90 days of setting up the card, and another 15,000 JPMiles on total retail expense of Rs. 1.5 lakh or more within the first 90 days.
- Discount voucher by Jet Airways: You get a discount voucher worth Rs. 750 and waiver of base fare when booking a return ticket through the Jet Airways website. All welcome benefits can be availed once the membership fee is paid.
- Renewal benefit: When you renew your credit card, you can earn 10,000 JPMiles and 5 JetPrivilege Tier Points when you first swipe your card within 90 days of renewal. You also get discount voucher of Rs. 750 and base fare waiver for a return ticket when booked through the Jet Airways website.
- JPMiles accrual: You stand to earn 8 JPMiles for every Rs. 150 on retail transactions, and 24 JPMiles on every Rs. 150 spent on flight bookings through Jet Airways website.
- Golf programme: You get green fee waiver on unlimited Golf games at around 20 golf courses in India and more than 40 golf courses across the world. You could also get free 30-minute Golf Lessons at chosen driving ranges in India. You can reserve by calling 1800-118-887 (from within India) or +91-11-40608635 (from outside India).
- Concierge services: You can avail 24/7 Concierge Services through your JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card by calling the above numbers. The concierge can take care of the following:
- Golf course referral and reservation
- Dining referral and reservation
- Flower and gift delivery
- Car rental and limousine referral and
- Hotel referral and reservation
- Business services and courier service
- Airport Lounge access: Primary cardholders can access over 600 airport lounges around the world including in India. The lounges come with facilities such as phones, faxes, wi-fi and conference rooms.
- JetPrivilege Tier Points: Every time your retail credit card swipes – not fuel spends – cross Rs. 1.5 lakh, you get 1 JetPrivilege Tier Point.
- Jet Airways privileges: You get a 5% concession on all domestic air ticket purchases made through the credit card on the Jet Airways website if you enter the promocode JTHDFC while checking out. You also get: premier check-in for domestic flights and an extra 10kg baggage allowance on domestic flights.
- Dining discounts: You can earn up to 15% discount on food and beverage bills at fine dining restaurants in various cities of the country.
- Classic Banking advantage: HDFC’s Classic Banking allows you to get benefits of the following:
- Dedicated personal banker
- Relationship pricing across products
- Benefits for family members
- Exclusivity with classic branded debit card, cheque book and others
To avail these, you need to have a savings account with a minimum average quarterly balance of Rs. 1 lakh – either in your own account or as a total in all accounts held by your close family members in HDFC. Otherwise, you could maintain a minimum average monthly balance of Rs. 5 lakh in savings accounts plus term deposits held by you or your immediate family members.
- EXTRA JPMiles programme: When using your credit card at the outlets of one of the partners of Jet Airways, you can earn additional JPMiles, over and above the usual mile credits you get. There are over 309 EXTRA JPMiles partners with over 2,480 outlets across India. You can find the list of JPMiles Partners on the JPMiles website.
- Waiver of fuel surcharge: For fuel transactions paid through credit card, you get a refund of the fuel surcharge instead of JPMiles, with effect from April 15, 2016. There will be no refund of service tax on fuel surcharge, though. You can get a maximum refund of Rs. 1,000 every month.
- No lost card liability: If you lose your credit card, you do not have to bear any liability on the fraudulent transactions made with your card. You should report the loss of card immediately to the 24-hour customer centre, and once the loss is reported, you are absolved of any liability.
- Revolving credit: Revolving credit on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card is available at an interest rate of just 1.99% per month.
- Interest-free credit: You do not have to pay any interest on purchases for 50 days from the date of purchase.
To avail the JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card, the following criteria need to be met:
- For salaried persons:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 60 years
- For Self-employed persons:
- Minimum Age: 21 years
- Maximum Age: 65 years
Keep the following documents ready when applying for a credit card:
- Copy of PAN card or Form 60
- Latest payslip, copy of Income Tax Return or Form 16
- Proof of residence: Passport/Driving licence/Ration card/Electricity bill/Landline telephone bill
Fees and Charges:
The table given below delineates the fees and charges applicable to JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card:
|First-year fee and annual fee
||Rs. 10,000 (plus service tax)
||Rs. 5,000 (plus service tax)
|Cash advance limit
||40% of credit limit
|Cash advance fees
||2.5% (Minimum Rs. 300)
|Late payment charges
||Less than Rs. 100 – None Rs. 100 to Rs. 500 – Rs. 100 Rs. 501 to Rs. 5,000 – Rs. 400 Rs. 5001 to Rs. 10000 – Rs. 500 Rs. 10,001 to Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 700 Rs. 20,001 and more – Rs. 700
|Over limit charges
||2.5% of the over-limit amount (Minimum Rs. 500)
|Payment return charges
||2% of payment amount (Minimum Rs. 450)
|Cash processing fee
|Rewards redemption fee
||Nil for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club card
|Balance Transfer processing charges
||2% of balance transfer amount (Minimum Rs. 250)
|Railway ticket purchase fee
||Rs. 30 + 2.5% of transaction amount
|Reissue of lost, stolen or damaged card
|Outstation cheque processing charge
||Cheque of up to Rs. 5,000 – Rs. 25 Cheque of more than Rs. 5,000 – Rs. 50
|Foreign currency transactions
||Cross currency mark-up of 3.5%
||As applicable (15% including Swacch Bharat Cess and Krishi Kalyan Cess)
Offers on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card:
Credit cards come with attractive promotional offers that change every year. Premium cards have greater benefits. Some of the best offers on JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club card are:
Bluestone.com: Get an extra 6% rebate while buying diamond jewellert by using the promocode BSHDFCEX6. Offer valid until September 30, 2016.
Big Bazaar: Get 5% off on bills of Rs. 2,000 or more. You get up to Rs. 250 off in a transaction. The offer is valid only on Wednesdays, up to March 31, 2017.
Myntra.com: Get a discount of 25% on a minimum purchase of Rs. 1,999 by using the coupon code HDFC25. Offer valid until October 31, 2016.
For more offers, check the bank’s website.
How to apply online JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card:
You can apply for JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card in 3 ways:
- Apply online through HDFC Bank
- Apply online through BankBazaar
- Go to your nearest HDFC Bank branch and apply there.
HDFC Bank has a 24x7 customer care centre that you can reach out for loss of credit card or other card-related queries. In addition to the toll-free numbers 1800 425 4332 and 1800 22 4060, you can reach the Grievance Redressal Officer on 044 - 23625600. Other important cities have their own dedicated phone banking numbers. You can find your number either on the HDFC Bank website or by contacting your nearest bank branch.
For NRI customers, the following numbers will be useful:
|NRI Account Opening assistance (Toll Free)
|Existing Account holders queries (24x7)
|USA (Toll Free)
|Canada (Toll Free)
|Singapore (Toll Free)
Credit card payments can be made in the following ways:
- Net Banking: You can link your HDFC Savings account with the credit card and pay the bill by logging into the NetBanking profile. You can use this mode of payment both on your computer and on your mobile phone.
- Auto pay: You can instruct the bank to debit a fixed amount, or the minimum payable amount, or total outstanding payment of the credit card bill every month. These standing instructions can be given only if you are a sole account holder or a joint account holder with ‘any’ or ‘either’ signatory requirements.
- ATM Funds Transfer: You can pay your credit card bill in any HDFC Bank ATM, by deducting it from your savings account.
- HDFC Bank app: With the HDFC Bank Mobile Banking App on your smartphone, you can log in, go to the ‘Credit Card’ tab and pay the bill through your linked savings bank account.
- NEFT/Bill Desk/Visa Money Transfer: If you do not have an HDFC Bank Savings account, you can pay from the NetBanking profile of the bank where you have your account, using National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) or Visa Money Transfer. The IFSC code to be used is HDFC0000128. You can also go to http://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgmerc/hdfccard/index.jsp and pay the amount through Bill Desk.
JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card FAQs:
- How many add-on cards can I get?
You can get a maximum of 3 add-on cards that can be used by your family members such as spouse, children or parents. The add-on member should be 18 years or more to be eligible for the card.
- Can I move from another HDFC Bank credit card to JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club credit card?
Yes, you can. For an existing customer to apply for a JetPrivilege Diners Club card, call the HDFC Bank call centre and confirm whether you are eligible for the conversion or not. The reward points on your existing card will be transferred to the new card and you can avail all the benefits of JetPrivilege and Diners Club.
- Is the credit card Balance Transfer on EMI available on JetPrivilege Diners Club card?
Yes. You need to contact the nearest branch of HDFC bank and confirm your eligibility for a balance transfer scheme. You can transfer your credit card from any bank to HDFC Bank.
- How do I report my lost or damaged card?
You should call the 24x7 Credit Card Phone Banking services to report a lost, stolen or damaged card, as soon as possible. This will help you avail the zero liability clause, wherein you will no longer be responsible for expense incurred on a lost card.
- How can I redeem my reward points?
You can redeem your reward points either through internet banking or phone banking. Once you log in to your HDFC Bank account, you will see ‘Redeem Reward Points’ link on the left hand side of the navigation bar. You can redeem the points by choosing the products from the online catalogue and adding them to your shopping cart.