Key Highlights of the HDFC World MasterCard
Earn Rewards Points (RPs) on every eligible transaction with the HDFC World MasterCard. You can convert the points to air miles to pay for your flight tickets or for cashback and gifts.
- Earn 2 Rewards Points for every Rs.150 spent on the card with the possibility of earning additional points.
- Get your joining fee (first-year fee) refunded on spending Rs.15,000 within 3 months of card membership.
Features and Benefits of the HDFC World MasterCard
Rewards and additional rewards
- Get 2 RPs per Rs.150 you spend on your card.
- Get additional 50 RPs on spends above Rs.75,000 in a statement cycle.
- Reward Points will not be offered on transactions below Rs.150.
Annual fee reversal
- Apply for supplementary cards for your family members.
- Up to 3 add-on cards offered on the World MasterCard.
- Apply for this card and spend at least Rs.15,000 within 90 days of card approval and get your first-year fee reversed.
- Spend at least Rs.75,000 in a year to get your next year's annual fee reversed.
Enjoy an interest-free period of up to 50 days on your card spends from the transaction date.
Complimentary insurance covers
Upon making 4 transactions per month, you will receive the following insurance covers:
Zero liability on lost card
- Complimentary Accidental Death Insurance with a cover of up to Rs.50 lakh.
- Complimentary Fire and Burglary cover for purchased products worth Rs.5,000 and above. Maximum cover of Rs.2 lakh.
- In case your card has been lost/stolen/misplaced, call the 24/7 HDFC credit card customer care (numbers are different based on the city of residence) to report the incident. Upon notifying the bank, you will not be held responsible for any future fraudulent transactions on your card.
HDFC World MasterCard Limit
The credit limit offered on this HDFC credit card can be different for different individuals. This is because the credit limit is decided by the bank keeping in mind several factors including (but not limited to) your age, employment status, income, other debt obligations, and credit score.
HDFC Bank at its sole discretion will decide the credit limit that you are offered. You may be able to request for an increase in your limit under certain circumstances such as an increase in your income.
HDFC World MasterCard Reward Points Benefits
As mentioned earlier, this credit card offers Rewards Points and additional points on your eligible spends:
- For every Rs.150 charged to your card, earn 2 Rewards Points.
- Get additional 50% (3 RPs in total) RPs per Rs.150 spent above Rs.75,000 in a statement cycle.
How to Redeem Rewards Points Earned on HDFC World MasterCard
If you wish to redeem your accrued points, you have two options to do so - offline via post and online via NetBanking. Let's look at both these options in detail:
Offline - Via Post/Snail/Mail
- Step 1: Check your credit card statement or your Netbanking account for your earned Rewards Points.
- Step 2: Select the rewards you want to redeem from the exclusive rewards catalogue and generate the coupon for it.
- Step 3: Download the 'Rewards Redemption Coupons' form available on the bank's website, take a print out, and fill in the requested details.
- Step 4: Submit the form via post to the bank on the address printed on the form.
Upon receiving your redemption request, the redeemed gifts will be delivered to your registered address in 10 to 15 business days.
Online - Via Netbanking
- Step 1: Log into your HDFC credit card netbanking account using your username and password.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Credit Card' option located on top.
- Step 3: Complete a one-time registration for your card by clicking on the 'Register New Card' option and entering your 4-digit card PIN.
- Step 4: Click on the 'Redeem Reward Points' option found on the left-hand side on the navigation bar and the on 'Continue' to go to the Online Redemption portal.
- Step 5: On the Online Redemption Homepage, click on 'Redeem Reward Points'.
- Step 6: Select your 'Points Range' (depending on your RPs balance) and then select 'Item Category' to view the catalogue.
- Step 7: Add the items you wish to exchange your points for to your shopping cart.
- Step 8: Click on the 'View Shopping Cart' option to see your selected items edit the quantity by using the 'Edit' option.
- Step 9: Read the 'Terms and Conditions' thoroughly and check the box to confirm the same.
- Step 10: Click on the 'Redeem' option to complete the redemption process. You will get a Redemption Order Number. Save this number in case of discrepancy in the future.
The redeemed items will be sent to the address you see on the redemption page. If you wish for the items to be delivered to another address (in case of relocation), do not continue with the redemption. First, call the bank's customer service number and request for change in your registered address. Once the address change has been updated, then go ahead with redeeming your Rewards Points.
Fees and Charges for HDFC World MasterCard
||3.49% per month (41.88% p.a.)
||Up to 50 days
||Rs.200 or 5% of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher
|Late payment fee
- Less than Rs.100: Nil
- Rs.100 to Rs.500: Rs.100
- Rs.501 to Rs.5,000: Rs.500
- Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000: Rs.600
- Rs.10,001 to Rs.25,000: Rs.800
- More than Rs.25,000: Rs.950
|Rewards redemption fee
||Rs.99 for every redemption
|Cash advance limit
||Up to 40% of the limit
|Replacement card in case of loss/damage
Eligibility for HDFC Bank World MasterCard
You can apply for the World MasterCard if you fall in the following age categories based on your employment type:
- Minimum age - 21 years
- Maximum age - 60 years
- Minimum age - 21 years
- Maximum age - 65 years
Documents Required for HDFC World MasterCard
You have to submit certain documents to prove your eligibility for this credit card. The documents required are to confirm your identity, address, and income:
- Proof of identity documents - include Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving licence, passport, etc.
- Proof of address documents - include latest bank statements, voter's ID, utility bills, Aadhaar card, etc.
- Proof of income documents - include latest payslips, income tax return documents, Form 16, employment letter, etc.
HDFC can request for additional documents as per their discretion.
How to Apply for HDFC World MasterCard
There are two ways to apply for this HDFC credit card:
Request a call back
- Visit the World MasterCard webpage on HDFC's website and click on, 'Leave your number'. You will be redirected to their Credit Card Application Form. Submit the form with your contact details and a representative from the bank will get back to you via phone call or SMS.
Visit a bank branch
- You can visit any HDFC branch and apply for this card in person. To locate a branch close to you, visit the HDFC website.
FAQs on HDFC World MasterCard Credit Card
Does this card offer complimentary airport lounge access?
No. The complimentary Priority Pass Membership program with access to airport lounges was discontinued in 2017.
I have applied for this credit card. How do I check the status of my application?
You can track the status of your application online on the bank's website. You will need your application reference number (16 digits), and your DOB details or mobile number to check your status.
Will I earn Rewards Points on paying my insurance premiums with this HDFC card?
Yes. Your insurance payments using the World MasterCard will earn your RPs. However, the maximum points you can earn per transaction is 2,000 points.
Do the Rewards Points earned on this card have an expiry date?
Yes. The RPs you earn will expire in 2 years from the date of accumulation. For instance, if you earn your points in August 2019, then they will expire in August 2021.
Will my portable equipment be covered under the complimentary purchase protection offered under Fire and Burglary Insurance?
Yes. Personal portable equipment will be covered under the Fire and Burglary Insurance protection offered on the card. However, the coverage limit for each item is limited to Rs.25,000.