In order to apply for credit cards online, customers can visit the webpages of their chosen bank or visit other popular financial portals, such as BankBazaar, and apply for their credit cards online.
With the coming in of the World Wide Web, resulting in simplification of a number of procedures, more organizations are resorting to the internet in order to get their work done. From groceries, to financial services, customers can procure all products and services online. Similarly, a number of financial services also offer customers the option to procure their products and services online, such as credit cards and loans.
Apply for Credit Card Online Through BankBazaar (Step by Step Process)
BankBazaar is one of India’s leading financial portals that allow customers to compare rates and products across a number of financial companies, enabling them to make better choices at their convenience.
Customers can apply for credit cards on BankBazaar by following the easy steps given below. Customers can also look for the option that is most suited to them and check their eligibility for the same.
Applicants will have to follow the steps given below, in order to apply for credit cards online through BankBazaar.com.
- Applicants will have to visit the BankBazaar homepage and in the centre of the page, they will find a drop down menu with two options.
- Depending on their requirements, they will have to choose the applicable choice in the first option which is ‘I would like to’. These options under this dropdown are - ‘Do research on’, ‘Get a quote on’, ‘Check my eligibility for’, ‘Create an application for’, ‘Talk to our help team’.
- The second drop down option contains the list of products that BankBazaar offers. Applicants should choose the option ‘Credit Cards’.
- In order to apply for a credit card, customers should opt for ‘Create an application for’ in the first dropdown and choose ‘credit cards’ in the second.
- In case they wish to do some more research regarding their products or find more options, they will have to opt for ‘Do research on’ in the first dropdown option and choose ‘credit cards’ in the second. Additionally, customers can also choose ‘Credit Cards’ under the ‘Cards’ option that is present on top, in the homepage.
- If customers choose the above option, they will be directed to a page wherein they will be presented with four options - ‘Compare Cards’, ‘Get a Card’, ‘User Reviews’ and ‘Hungry for more?’.
- On this page, below these options, customers will also be presented with the list of available cards along with information regarding their annual fee for the first year, rewards offered, perks available on procuring the card and the approximate time that is needed to receive a response.
- In case customers are interested in a particular card and wish to know more about it, they can click on the ‘Explore’ option, wherein they will be taken to a page which has details of the card.
- If customers wish to avail that particular credit card, they can click on the ‘Check Eligibility’ option. Applicants will be redirected to another page.
- Customers will be asked to provide the name of the city in which they are residing. In case they reside in one of the metros, they can go ahead with the options given or else they will have to type the name of the city that they reside in.
- Next, they will have to enter the name of the company that they work for. In case that particular company is not in the list, they can still type the same. If the applicants are self-employed, they will have to choose the relevant option.
- On the next page, applicants will have to mention the particulars of their salary. They will have to enter the amount. The salary that they mention should only be the net income without the bonuses and perks.
- Next, applicants will have to mention the name of the bank wherein their salary account is held.
- In case they already have a credit card, they will need to mention the name of the bank that issued the card. In case they do not use any credit cards, they will have to click on ‘None’. After this, customers will have to mention their date of birth including the month and year.
- The customers will then be directed to a page where they will have to provide BankBazaar with their contact details. However, if they do not wish to do so, they can click on the ‘View Free Offers’ option, present below.
- Based on the details that have been mentioned, customers will be provided with a list of cards that they are eligible for. If they find a card that they are interested in, they can either ‘Shortlist’ it or select the card.
- If applicants wish to shortlist a card, they will have to log in to the website using their credentials or create an account if they do not have one. Customers also have the option of logging in through Google or Facebook.
- If individuals choose a ‘Select Card’ option, they will be able to apply for that particular card. They will have to enter all required details for the same.
- In addition to the above, applicants will also have to provide details such as - if they have defaulted on a credit card or loan or if their cheques have bounced in the past few months, if they have applied for that particular credit card in the previous 6 months.
- Customers will also have to agree to certain conditions such as receiving online statements, emailers or their enrolment into certain loyalty programmes.
- When they reach the end of the form, they can either click on ‘Save Now’ option and save this draft, or they can click on ‘Submit’ and apply for the credit card.
- When they apply, customers will receive a reference number for their application along with an SMS message, call and an email from the BankBazaar team, confirming the same.
- This application will be first processed by BankBazaar and will then be handed over to the respective bank, who will then contact the individual.
- Customers can set up an account with BankBazaar so that they can track their application at all times.
How to Choose & Apply Credit Card Online
Using the filters and sorting options on ‘Compare cards’ at BankBazaar, you can select the kind of credit card that is best suitable for you. The kinds of credit cards available on our website are:
Rewards cards focus on bringing you higher points from the bank’s reward or loyalty programme. Each bank has its own rewards programme. BankBazaar lists the opening rewards the credit card offers against the card name as well as details of regular rewards on each swipe of the card.
Premium credit cards are high-end cards that offer a greater value for the money you spend through your credit card. These cards offer higher rewards, free services, specialised privileges such as health and wellness offers and membership, dining discounts, and concierge and lounge access at airports. There are also ultra-premium cards that offer customised services to clients and are often offered based on an invite-only membership.
Airline credit cards provide air miles to customers and is ideal for frequent travellers. Airlines such as Jet Airways and Air India have partnered with banks such as HDFC, ICICI and SBI to provide joining bonuses, conversion of rewards points to air miles and discounts on travel websites such as ClearTrip, Yatra and MakeMyTrip.
Lifestyle credit cards focus on providing customers with exclusive benefits on lifestyle services such as fine dining, travel, hotel bookings, flight tickets, fuel purchases, health and wellness rebates, free movie tickets, etc.
Fuel credit cards help you to save money while using your card to buy fuel. Every time you buy fuel with credit card, you can get higher reward points and cashback than when swiping for regular shopping.
Shopping and cashback cards:
These cards are specifically for people who love discounts when shopping. Even if a store does not offer concessions, shopping credit cards will give you cashbacks and exclusive discounts on selected outlets and brands. Cashbacks are available on grocery shopping, apparel shopping, utility bill payments, movie ticket purchases, etc.
Many credit cards also give the option to convert purchases into EMI, waiver of fees and other customized benefits. All the relevant details can be found under the ‘Explore’ option available under each card listed on BankBazaar.
Compare & Apply Credit Card Online
Once customers visit the ‘Credit Card’ page, they will find an option titled, ‘Compare cards’. A drop down will indicate various filters. Using these filters, customers can compare cards based on the selected criteria. These filters include - Name of the Bank, Type of Rewards available, Fee for the first year and Networks. Just below these filters, customers will be able to see a list of all the credit cards that are available with their basic details as well. They can either click on the ‘explore’ option to procure information about the card or they can check their eligibility for the same.
- Customers can filter the credit cards (of course it might be inconvenient to go through so much information!) on the basis of Banks, Rewards type, 1st-year fee and Networks.
- Currently, there are credit cards from 8 different banks - Citibank, HDFC Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, American Express, SBI, HSBC Bank and Axis Bank. Customers can select the bank(s) of their choice.
- The ‘Rewards type’ includes Rewards points, Airline cards, Premium cards, Fuel cards, Lifestyle cards, and Shopping and Cashback cards. Applicants can choose the card that is most suited to them, based on their requirements.
- 1st-year fee can be selected using the slider to adjust the amount, or entering the amount in the column and clicking on ‘Done’.
- Networks service providers such as Visa, AMEX, MasterCard and Diners Club International can also be selected as a filter.
- Applicants can also sort the cards based on the 1st-year fee, Popularity or Joining Perks. The ‘Filter’ and ‘Sort By’ allow them to find the exact type of cards that they are looking for, instead of spending time looking through something that is unnecessary.
- The ‘Explore’ option against a credit card will open up more details about the card. This information includes Features and Benefits of the card, User reviews, Eligibility, Documents required, Fees and charges and frequently asked questions.
- If customers require details in brief, then they can also click the small ‘Details’ tab below the card name.
Know About Credit Card Apply
Credit cards are one of the most beneficial financial products that can be availed by individuals. Credit cards are convenient, allows customers some measure of freedom when it comes to finances, and also offers a number of additional perks and privileges such as Reward Points, gift vouchers and other offers.
However, prior to procuring a credit card, customers must understand their necessity and also the requirements that they have, with respect to their financial status. For example, if an individual is a frequent traveller, then he/she can procure a credit card that offers perks related to the same, such as additional Air Miles or discounts on tickets. Examples of such a card include the Air India Signature Credit Card by SBI or Jet Airways IndusInd Bank Voyage Visa Card. Additionally, if customers spend a lot on dining or restaurants, then cards such as the SBI Platinum Card or the HDFC Bank Diners Rewardz Card can be availed.
In order to apply for credit cards through BankBazaar, customers will only have to opt for the card of their choice, provide their details such as date of birth, salary, place of residence and so on and find out their eligibility for the same. Once they are deemed to be eligible, they can apply for the card online. They can also find out all the information regarding each of the cards that can be applied for, through BankBazaar.
If customers use their credit cards very sparingly, then they can opt for cards that do not offer too many rewards that may not be used.
Credit cards are highly advantageous, but it is also up to the individual to utilise these cards in the right way so that the maximum benefits can be availed.
Online Credit Card Application by Bankbazaar
||Banks Credit Cards