Citibank offers internet banking services for its customers allowing them to conduct all their banking transactions instantly without leaving the comfort of where they are. Especially for Citibank Credit Card customers, the online banking service provides complete control over their credit card account. Besides providing access to all the necessary information, the service also allows the customers to avail credit card services whenever necessary.
Registering Citibank Credit Card for net banking services is hence a useful service for all the credit card users. Since the bank is providing it for free for all its customers, both the new as well as the existing users must avail the facility to enjoy uninterrupted banking.
Benefits of Registering for Citibank Credit Card Net Banking
By registering your Citibank Credit card for net banking, you can enjoy the below listed benefits and features.
Access to account information: The net banking account will provide you access to your credit card account information from anywhere and at any time. You can view your credit card transactions, view current and previous months statements, subscribe for alerts and other services, and can also have a track on your spending pattern.
Manage account: Not just monitoring your credit card account, you can also manage your account all by yourself using the net banking facility. You can update your personal details whenever there is a change in your address, mobile phone number, e-mail ID, etc., view or edit standing instruction on your account, subscribe for new services related to the card and lot more.
Safe and secure banking: Accessing your credit card online does not compromise the safety and security of your transactions. The bank uses latest technologies to provide a secure online environment for its customers. By adding extra security layers such as multi-factor authentication for sensitive transactions, digital certificates, extended validation (EV) SSL certificate, secure firewalls and others, the bank makes internet banking more safe and secure.
How to Register for Citibank Credit Card Net Banking Service?
To register for Citibank internet banking service, you need to have a User ID and Internet PIN (IPIN). Follow the below instructions to create your Citibank net banking User ID and IPIN online.
- Step 1: Visit Citibank offical page - https://www.online.citibank.co.in/
- Step 2: Click on the ‘First Time User’ link from the options listed on the left
- Step 3: You will be redirected to ‘New to Citibank Online? Get your User ID and IPIN’ page, where you need to enter your card information, authenticate the details, choose a User ID and IPIN to get your net banking credentials.
- Step 4: On the ‘Enter Account Information’ tab, select ‘Credit Card’ from the drop-down menu
- Step 5: Enter your Citibank credit card number, CVV, date of birth and mailing address PIN code, agree to the T&C and click on ‘Proceed’
- Step 6: Within a few seconds of clicking on ‘Proceed’, a one-time password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile number which needs to be entered in the next step
- Step 7: In the ‘Authenticate Account Information’ step, enter the OTP received on your mobile number and click on ‘Continue & choose User ID’.
- Step 8: Once the OTP is verified, you will be taken to next step where you need to choose User ID for your net banking account. As per the instructions provided on the right side of the page, create a User ID of your choice, re-enter the same and click on ‘Confirm & proceed to choose IPIN’
- Step 9: Upon providing a valid User ID, you will be taken to ‘Choose IPIN’ step, where you need to enter an IPIN of your choice as per the instructions available on the page. Re-enter the pin before clicking on ‘Confirm’
Upon entering a valid IPIN, your screen will display a message saying that you have successfully created your User ID and IPIN. You can use the same credentials to login to your net banking account instantly.
For existing Citibank net banking holders:
If you have an active Citibank net banking account for your savings account, you can simply link your credit card to the existing account instead of registering for a new one. Follow the steps below to know how to link your Citibank savings account and Citibank Credit Card.
Steps to link Citibank savings account and credit card
- Login to your existing Citibank internet banking account
- From the menu, select ‘Banking’
- From the left navigation menu, select ‘Other Services and Queries’
- Click on ‘Link my accounts’
- Select ‘Account type’ as ‘Citibank Credit Card’ from the drop-down menu
- Enter your credit card number, phone number and click ‘Next’
Your Credit Card will be linked to your account within two working days if the details match with those in the bank records. Once the accounts are linked, your credit card will appear in your net banking home page under ‘Account Summary > Credit Cards’ tab. From next time you can use your net banking credentials to access your credit card details and transactions.
Credit Card Services offered by Citibank Net Banking
View credit cards statement online:
- Using your Citibank online banking account, you can view your credit card statements.
- To view your statement,
- Login to your Citibank online account > Click ‘Credit Cards’ > Choose 'e-statement' option > Select the month for which you need the statement.
Register for credit card statement on e-mail:
- If you want to receive your monthly Citibank Credit Card statement on e-mail, you can register for the service through the Citibank net banking facility.
- To register,
- Login to your Citibank online account > Click ‘Credit Cards’ > Choose 'e-statement' option > Select Register for e-statements on e-mail.
Place a request for duplicate statement:
- Request for duplicate credit card statement can be raised through your internet banking account by following the below steps
- Login to your Citibank online account > Click on ‘Other Card Services’ > Select ‘Duplicate Statement’ > select the required month
Apply for ‘Dial an EMI’ facility:
- You can convert your credit card purchase transactions into equated monthly instalments (EMI) using the ‘Dial an EMI’ facility.
- However, only selected transactions or credit cards are eligible to avail the facility.
- Your net banking account will help you apply for the service.
- To apply
- Login to your Citibank online account > Click on ‘Other Card Services’ > Select ‘Dial an EMI’ > Follow the instructions
Well, these are a few service requests you can raise using your credit card net banking account. To get access to all the services offered through net banking you need to get an account and start using it.
FAQs on Citibank Net Banking For Credit Cards
I forgot my Citibank net banking User ID. How to retrieve it?
If you forgot your net banking User ID, you can retrieve it by following the instructions below
- Visit Citibank net banking login page
- Click on the ‘Forgot User ID?’ option
- On redirecting to a new page, you need to select credit card, enter card details, authenticate your information, and retrieve your User ID by following the instructions.
You can follow almost similar procedure when you forget your Citibank netbanking IPIN. Click on the ‘Forgot IPIN’ link on the login page and follow the above instructions to choose a new IPIN for your account.
Can I update contact details on my Credit Card using my net banking account?
Yes, you can report a change in your credit card contact details using your internet banking account. You will find an option to change your contact details in your net banking account. Alternatively, you can also call Citibank credit card customer care for assistance.
I closed my Citibank Saving Account which was linked to my Citibank Credit Card. Can I continue with the same internet banking account in which I registered my Savings Account as well as Credit Card?
Once your Citibank Savings Account is closed, your credit card will also get delinked. Hence, you may need to create a new User Id and IPIN for the Credit card to access it online.
Can I report a lost or stolen credit card through my net banking account?
Yes, you can report a lost/stolen credit card using your internet baking account. You will find the option to report the loss under ‘Credit Card > Other Services and Queries > Report lost/stolen card.
How much do I need to pay to avail Citibank Net Banking services?
The net banking services provided by the bank are absolutely free of cost.