Citibank Credit Card
Citigroup is an American banking and financial services corporation headquartered in New York. Citibank is the consumer banking division of Citigroup that was founded in the year 1812. Citibank started its banking operations in India in 1902. Now, Citibank is a significant market player and foreign investor in the Indian financial market. Citibank has an operational presence of over 45 branches in 28 cities. The bank serves to the banking needs of an elite clientele by offering services in personal finance, investment banking and asset management. Citibank's comprehensive credit card portfolio has cards under travel, shopping, fuel and lifestyle categories. With countless benefits accompanying each card, Citibank's credit card will also reward you handsomely with each spend.
The bank offers a wide array of diverse financial solutions including investment banking, wealth management, private banking, consumer & corporate banking and equity brokerage to serve the ever-growing banking requirements of the Indians.
Apart from the general accounts like Savings Accounts, Current Accounts, Salary Accounts, etc., the bank has been a major player in the Credit Card segment with about 2.3 million credit cards in force.
Why Choose Citibank Credit Cards
Citibank Credit Cards come with countless benefits like attractive reward schemes, international recognition and wide acceptance. There is one credit card to meet every lifestyle need of the customer, be it travel or shopping.
- Insurance Benefits with Credit Cards Many Citibank credit cards come with insurance benefits including travel accident coverage, lost luggage insurance and health insurance.
- Exclusive Reward Points Scheme With Citibank Rewards, you will be able to earn reward points at an accelerated rate and redeem it against exclusive vouchers, special deals and merchandise.
- Variety of Credit Cards There's one Citibank card for everyone - with a wide range of specially crafted cards, you will be able to easily find the card which is best suited for your lifestyle needs.
Benefits and Features of a Citibank Credit Card
- Credit card reward points can be redeemed for certain other gifts from the company’s catalogue.
- AirMiles and entry to various airport lounges can also be availed.
- You can also use the credit card to pay utility bills as well as withdraw money, which is however not advisable.
- You have the option to pay the Citibank credit card bill in full which is recommended or pay as much as they can.
- Additionally, customers can also just pay the minimum amount due and pay the rest at a later date. However, in case cardholders do not pay their bill amount in full, interest will be applicable on the remaining amount. Therefore, with each subsequent payment customers will end up paying more due to interest.
- If payment is still not made on time, they will end up having to pay a huge bill which will create a dent in their finances. Therefore, customers need to ensure that they use their credit cards judiciously.
- For the above reason, credit cards are not provided to all but only those who meet the Citibank eligibility criteria. This is usually dependent on the individual’s income, age, location and credit score among others. A number of banks and institutions today provide credit cards to customers.
Citibank Travel Credit Card
- Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
This Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card is specially crafted to suit the travel needs of a person who is a frequent air travelers by offering Air Miles and travel insurance cover.
Features & Benefits of Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card
- Specially designed for the frequent flyers, PremierMiles card comes with Air Mile points for every travel booked using the card.
- You get 10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions.
- You get 10,000 welcome miles on activation of the card and 3,000 bonus miles on card renewal.
- PremierMiles card also offers complimentary access to premium airport lounges across India.
- Other features that come with the card include travel insurance coverage, loan on credit card and exclusive travel & dining deals.
Citibank Shopping Credit Cards
- Citibank Rewards Credit Card
- Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
- First Citizen Citi Credit Card
Citibank Rewards Credit Card
Citibank Rewards Credit Card will let you earn even when spending, with exclusive benefits and privileges that comes with it.
Features & Benefits of Citibank Rewards Credit Card
- Citibank Rewards credit card lets you earn reward points faster and the reward points can be used to claim exclusive travel deals, premium merchandise and other offers.
- You earn 10 reward points for every Rs.125 spent on apparel and department stores (online and in-store).
- Get 4 additional reward points for every Rs.125 spent on Amazon, Myntra, and Flipkart.
- You earn 1 reward point for every Rs.125 on other spends.
- Get 300 bonus points on card purchase of Rs.30,000 or more in a month.
- Bonus points do not expire and can be redeemed against attractive options including holidays, air miles, cash back offers and premium merchandise.
Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
This card is specially designed for the Indian shopper to offer the best deals and benefits while spending across the country.
Features & Benefits of Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
- With the flexible redemption program and points that do not have an expiry date, cardholders can enjoy attractive redeeming options like holidays and premium merchandise.
- You earn 10 reward points for every Rs.125 spent on apparel and department stores.
- You earn 1 reward point for every Rs.125 on other spends.
- All purchases made using the Rewards Domestic card can be converted to easy instalment plans with flexible tenures and low interest rates.
First Citizen Citi Credit Card
With accelerated reward scheme for First Citizen points, cardholders will be able to grab the best offers and deals in retail shops and wellness centres across India.
Features & Benefits of First Citizen Citi Credit Card
- Specially designed for the smart shopper, First Citizen Citi Credit Card will enable the cardholder to get accelerated rewards and ease the redemption process.
- Get 4 First Citizen Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent on private brand apparel at Shoppers Stop.
- Earn 10 First Citizen Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent at Shoppers Stop on other brands.
- You get 10 First Citizen Reward Points for every Rs.200 spent at Homestop, Arcelia, M.A.C, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone, and Smashbox.
- Annual fee and joining fee will be communicated at the time of sourcing.
- Your annual fee is Rs.500, which will be reversed if your annual transaction on the card is more than Rs.30,000.
Citibank Fuel Credit Card
- IndianOil Citi Credit Card
IndianOil Citi Credit Card
For a person who hits the road frequently, IndianOil Citi Credit Card will help save on fuel costs substantially and also earn other rewards.
Features & Benefits of IndianOil Citi Credit Card
- You get 4 turbo points for every Rs.150 spent.
- 1% fuel surcharge reversal on fuel at authorised IndianOil retail outlets across India.
- Earn 2 turbo points for every Rs.150 spent on groceries and supermarkets.
- Get 1 turbo point for every Rs.150 on all other spends.
Citibank Lifestyle Credit Card
- Citi Prestige Credit Card
Citi Prestige Credit Card
Citi Prestige Credit Card is the ticket to a new world of luxury and special privileges including travel deals, complimentary lounge access and free insurance coverage.
Features & Benefits of Citi Prestige Credit Card
- Citi Prestige card is your passport to a world of exclusive privileges, luxury travel upgrades and the highest level of service.
- Earn 1 reward point on every Rs.100 spent online and in-store.
- You get a welcome gift of 2,500 bonus points and benefits worth Rs.10,000 from ITC/Taj.
- A true lifestyle choice, this card comes with unlimited complimentary priority passes for lounge access at over 700 airports for both the primary and supplementary cardholder.
- You get overseas medical cover worth USD 50,000 and air accident insurance of Rs.5 crores.
- Get 4 complimentary golf rounds and golf lessons every year at more than 15 leading golf clubs in India.
Citibank Corporate Card
- Citibank Corporate Credit Card
Citibank Corporate Credit Card
Corporate organizations can benefit immensely by using the Citibank Corporate Credit Card, which offers excellent member privileges inclusive of a centralized travel and expense management system tool, rewards program and dedicated relationship managers to help customers.
Features & Benefits of Citibank Corporate credit card
- Organisations can efficiently manage their company expenses and access all the required statements online anytime, using the Visa Intellilink Spend Management System.
- Get 2 reward points for every Rs.125 that you spend.
- As one of the unique travel benefits, employees can enjoy complete freedom from getting foreign exchange issued in advance whenever they have to travel abroad.
- The Citibank Corporate credit card also offers exceptional rewards point benefits with employees earning points on every single purchase done.
- Citibank also offers preferential rates to card holders on travel packages, shopping, spa and golf packages in India and at over 30 countries across the world.
Apply for Citibank Credit Card
Customers can apply for Citibank credit cards either online or offline.
- In order to apply online, customers will have to visit the official website of Citibank and choose the option ‘Credit Card’ from the menu on top of the homepage.
- Once this option is selected, a drop-down menu will appear wherein customers can either view all the credit cards available, or apply for one by selecting the Apply for a Credit Card option. This option can be selected once individuals know which card they wish to procure.
- Applicants will then be redirected to another page wherein they will have to fill in the application form with the required details such as their professional details, personal details and so on.
- A representative from Citibank will get back to the customer once the application has been sent.
- Additionally, customers can also send an email to Citibank in case of further queries.
- Another option that can be availed is to apply for a Citibank credit card from financial websites such as BankBazaar.com. In order to do so, customers will have to visit BankBazaar.com and click on ‘Cards’ and then ‘Credit Cards’ from the option available in the home page.
- They will then be redirected to a page wherein they can see the list of credit cards available. Additionally, customers can also customise the list of cards based on certain filters.
- They will have to filter this list by selecting ‘Citibank’ from the list of banks.
- Once customers find the credit card from Citibank they are interested in, click on the ‘Check Eligibility’ option.
- If eligible, applicants can select ‘Instant Apply’, fill up the form and submit the same.
Apply for Citibank Credit Card Offline
Customers can also apply for a Citibank credit card offline. Applicants will have to visit the nearest branch of Citibank and ask to apply for a credit card. They will have to fill up the required application form with all necessary details such as their income, personal information and so on. In case they meet the required eligibility criteria, the application will be taken forward.
Additionally, customers can also contact the Citibank customer care number at 1860 210 2484 at any given point of time as it is available 24/7.
Why Apply for Citibank Credit Cards through BankBazaar?
BankBazaar is a one stop shop for credit cards and other financial products where you will be able to explore in detail about every product. BankBazaar will curate a list of cards based on your lifestyle needs and requirements which will make the whole selection process easier. Also, you will be able to compare cards, find other information and apply for a selected credit card. What more, you will also be offered an instant e-approval for your application.
Citibank Credit Card Eligibility and Documentation:
Citibank Credit Cards Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be between 18 to 70 years of age.
- He must have a commendable CIBIL score.
- The applicant must have a fixed monthly income.
- Should be a resident of India.
The income requirement varies depending on the card. Also, certain credit cards have special criterion. Do enquire with Citibank before proceeding with the application.
Citibank Credit Card Documentation Requirements:
The following documents will have to be submitted while applying for a Citibank Credit Card.
- One passport size colour photograph
- Address proof like ration card, electricity bill
- Photo Identity proof like voter ID, driving licence.
- Sign on a consent form.
For more details follow this link - Citi Credit Card Detailed T&Cs
Citibank Credit Cards FAQs
- What are the different categories of credit cards from Citibank India?
Citibank India offers credit cards in categories such as travel, shopping, fuel & lifestyle. In addition, the bank also extends corporate card for companies and institutions.
- How many miles can I earn on the Citi Premiermiles card?
10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions and also, www.premiermiles.co.in. Get 8 Miles for every Rs.100 spent at Flipkart, Amazon India, and Myntra. Earn 4 Miles for every Rs.100 on other spends. You also get 10,000 welcome miles when you activate the card and 3,000 bonus miles when you renew the card.
- What are various reward cards Citi offers for shoppers?
You can earn attractive reward points on spends with various merchant establishments in India and abroad with
- Citibank Rewards Card
- Citibank Rewards Domestic Credit Card
- Citibank Platinum Credit Card
- What is a Citibank add on credit card?
Citibank issues secondary credit card for the primary account with the same terms and conditions. The card will have a unique 16-digit card number linked to the main account for billing purpose. A primary card holder can take an add on card for spouse, children and immediate family members.
- I am looking for lifestyle card from Citi. What are my options?
The bank offers Citi Prestige Card, a premium lifestyle credit card which is your passport to exclusive privileges & deals. You can earn 1 reward point on every Rs.100 that you spend and also get a welcome gift of 2,500 reward points. You get benefits worth Rs.10,000 from ITC/Taj.
- Please list misc fees and charges applicable on Citibank credit cards.
|Cash Withdrawal fees
||2.5% of the amount withdrawn subject to a min.of Rs.500
|Over Limit Charges
||2.5% of the over limit amount subject to a min. of Rs.500
|Late Payment Charges
NIL- Statement balance up to Rs.2,000
Rs.600 for a statement balance over Rs.2,000 and up to Rs.7,500
Rs.950 for statement balance over Rs.7,500 and up to Rs.15,000
Rs.1,300 for statement balance more than Rs.15,000
|Cheque Bounce/ECS Return
||Rs.500 per return
In addition to the above, there are fees are charges levied on a range of transactions. You can get further details website of Citibank India.
- How do I know how much points are accumulated on my Citibank credit card?
- The summary of rewards points earned & spent are generally detailed in the monthly statement.
- You can also get the break up with your Citi online account.
- SMS REWARDS XXXX to 52484 (XXXX is the last 4 digits of your card)
Citi Bank Headquarters Address:
First International Financial Centre:
Plot Nos C-54 and C-55, G-Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai 400098.