Credit card ever since it was introduced in the country has been proved to be a boon for the ones who have availed it. A Credit card enables an individual to purchase anything even if he/she is running a little low on cash as they can choose to pay for the purchase in installments.
Though a credit card offered by banks and financial institutions enables individual to be financially independent, if not used judiciously it can result in the individual falling into a debt trap. In a bid to make sure that a credit card holder doesn’t find himself/herself in such a situation, banks have introduced the service of credit card statements to their esteemed customers.
What is a Credit Card Statement?
A credit card statement is the summary of how the credit card was used within a specific billing period. It contains all the information with regards to the purchases carried out through the card, payments made among others with the billing cycle.
Mrs. Sharma enjoys cashback on all her retail purchases. You could too! Get A Card
Benefits Of ICICI Bank Credit Card Statement
By availing the service of credit card statement offered by ICICI bank one is liable to avail benefits like:
- Minimizes paper work as well as saves individuals the trouble of visiting the bank branch repeatedly
- E-mail statements are sent to customers in Excel, text and HTML formats
- Statements can be availed on a daily, weekly, fortnightly and monthly basis
- As many as five e-mail addresses can be registered
- Customers can assess the statements anytime and anywhere
- Cardholders can keep a track of the rewards and offers available to them with the help of eStatements
- Cardholders don’t need to pay any fees for availing the service.
Understanding your ICICI Bank Credit Card Statement
In the ICICI bank credit card statement all transactions carried out courtesy the card are listed in detail. Apart from that the below mentioned details are also incorporated in a ICICI bank credit card statement:
- The name of the card availed by the individual from the bank, the cardholder’s name, email and residence address
- All domestic transaction details listing the date, amount and transaction description are provided to the cardholders
- A section on account summary is also provided in the statement mentioning the opening and closing balance, the details of payments made, purchases done as well as of the finance charges and total dues that the cardholder needs to be pay.
- Under the section called ‘Statement of the (Name of the ICICI card) Credit card’, the cardholder is provided with all the details regarding payment due date, total dues, minimum amount due, the credit limit along with the available credit and cash limit
- In the statement, a section is dedicated to rewards points where the individuals is given an insight into the reward points earned, disbursed and adjusted as and when it was used during the billing cycle. It also provides the customers with the opening and closing balance with regard to reward points.
- If the cardholders has past dues to be taken care of, it is also listed in the credit card statement offered by ICICI bank. The details included under the tab of ‘Past Dues’ are - Overlimit, current dues, minimum amount due etc.
- The credit card statement also provides the ICICI bank credit card holders with important information regarding credit card and other products that the bank provides to its esteemed customers.
How to Avail ICICI Credit Card Statement Online as well Offline
ICICI bank credit card holders can avail the service of estatements offered by ICICI bank by registering for it either online or offline. To register online, the cardholders needs access to ICICI bank net banking while when requesting for it offline, one needs to visit the nearest branch of the bank.
The complete process of requesting for e-statements is as follows:
- Visit ICICI Corporate Internet banking
- Login in using the UserID and password
- Click on ‘Accounts’
- Next, select ‘Account statements by E-mail’
- Once the process is successful, an email is sent to the registered email address.
How to Manage Errors in an ICICI Bank Credit Card Statement
In the instance there is an error in the credit card statement, cardholders can try doing the following to fix the error:
- The first step is to contact the merchant. Bring the discrepancy to their notice.
- Report the erroneous transaction to the bank officials and provide all the evidence to support your claim of that there was a discrepancy.
- Write a letter to the creditor’s department highlighting the mistake within two months of receiving the bill statement and requesting them to carry out an inquiry regarding the erroneous transaction.
FAQs on ICICI Bank Credit Card Statement
- Who all can register for ICICI bank statements by e-mail?
All current and savings account holders of ICICI bank can register for statements by e-mail.
- Do I need to pay to avail credit card statement via email?
To avail credit card statements via email one does not need to pay as the service is provide by the bank free of cost.
- How can one register for email statements?
Cardholders can register for email statements through the ICICI credit card Net Banking facility or by visiting the nearest ICICI branch.
- Will I continue to receive hard copies of the credit card statements after opting for eStatements?
No, once you register for online credit card statement, issuance of hard copies will be stopped by the bank.
- How frequently will I receive email credit card statements?
Savings account customers who register for email statements can receive a monthly update of their accounts. Customers who have current accounts with ICICI bank can choose to get daily/weekly/monthly statements via email. As for credit card customers, e-statements are provided on a monthly basis.
Know More About Other Bank Credit Card Statement