Ever since money has been digitalized, credit cards have held a special place in our finances. However, talking about the credit cards without annual fee(or the cards that are offered as lifetime free) in specific, they provide excellent deals on entertainment, fuel, dining, hotel reservations, etc. Let’s understand what the concept of lifetime free is and how does it work on credit cards.
HDFC Lifetime Free Credit Card Overview
The process to apply for a credit card that has the option of lifetime free is hassle-free and comes with great deals and discounts. That’s why you will see a lot of people making different kinds of purchases, especially in the urban and metro cities.
Whether it is shopping, buying movie tickets, dining at fancy restaurants, or even making installments, the lifetime free card comes to the rescue. Even though a credit card makes an individual’s transactions simple, the one important factor that has to be always taken care of is none other than the Credit Card Payment.
To overcome the issues, organizations came up with the concept of lifetime free scheme and today, you will see different banks and credit card companies offering such credit cards to their customers.
Basic Features of a Lifetime Free Credit Card
- The process to apply is straightforward and trouble-free.
- It gets rid of all the annual charges on credit cards.
- It comes with several deals and discounts.
- It offers exciting deals on fuel, dining, hotel reservations, movies, dining, entertainment, etc.
- Multiple tasks can be done with just one card.
- It can be replaced by other cards.
- It offers amazing reward programs.
The lifetime free credit card offered by HDFC comes with outstanding benefits and features. Here is a detailed information on it:
Eligibility Criteria & Documentation of a Lifetime Free Credit Card
The eligibility criteria for availing the HDFC lifetime credit card are:
For the salaried employee:
- The minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- The maximum age requirement is 60 years.
For the self-employed:
- The minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- The maximum age requirement is 65 years.
Documents Required for Lifetime Free Credit Card
The mandatory documents required for applying an HDFC lifetime-free credit card are:
- A copy of the PAN card.
- A copy of the ID proof.
- A copy of the address proof.
- A copy of the salary slips for the last 6 months.
- A copy of Form 16.
- A passport-size photograph.
Currently, HDFC offers five types of credit cards that come with the lifetime free scheme. These are:
Note: The option of “lifetime free” can be availed only when it is directly applied via HDFC bank. In fact, the scheme is not even applicable if you apply from the official website of HDFC or any of the thirty party websites.
The key features and benefits offered by the HDFC lifetime free credit card are as follows:
HDFC Regalia Credit Card
Features and Benefits of the HDFC Regalia Credit Card
- For every 150 rupees that are spent, you earn 4 reward points.
- It gives six complimentary lounge access via Priority Pass Membership annually at airport lounges in the world.
- Get 12 complimentary lounge access on a yearly basis within India.
- Enjoy an additional 10,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs.5 lakh annually on your card and extra 5,000 reward points on spending Rs.8 lakh on your card annually.
HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
Features and Benefits of HDFC Regalia First Credit Card
- Complimentary Priority Pass Membership offering access to lounges at more than 1,000 airports all over the world.
- It offers luxurious ambiance and delicious meals at more than 3000 premium restaurants.
- For every 150 rupees that you spend, you earn 4 reward points on the card.
- The add-on credit card member is also eligible for the Priority Pass Membership.
HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card
Features and Benefits of HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card
- Earn 5,000 reward points on spending Rs.3 lakh annually on your card. If you spend Rs.6 lakh or more on your card, you will earn an additional 2,500 reward points.
- Earn 4 reward points on every 150 rupees that you spend.
- Enjoy 8 complimentary accesses to airport lounges annually both in Indi and abroad.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on purchasing fuel worth between Rs.400 and Rs.5,000 from any fuel station in India.
HDFC Moneyback Credit Card
Features and Benefits of HDFC Moneyback Credit Card
- For every Rs.150 that you spend, you will earn 2 reward points.
- 1% surcharge waived on the fuel transactions. The minimum transaction has to be at least Rs.400.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card
Features and Benefits of HDFC Freedom Credit Card
- Bonus of 500 rewards as a welcome gift.
- Earn 25x rewards on birthday spends.
- Get 10x rewards on SmartBuy & PayZapp spends (1,500 maximum capping reward points for every statement cycle).
- On every 150 rupees that are spent, get 1 reward point.
- Enjoy 5X reward points on spending on dinner, movies, railway and taxi bookings, and on grocery shopping.
FAQs on HDFC Lifetime Free Credit Card
Does the HDFC lifetime free credit card have any age-related eligibility criteria?
Yes, the minimum age requirement is 21 years and the maximum age is 60 years.
Are there any welcome benefits for the HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
The HDFC Freedom Credit Card gives every customer a bonus welcome 500 reward points.
What is the benefit of an HDFC Diners Club Rewardz Credit Card?
This card offers its customers free lounge access through Exclusive Airport Lounge Program. This is applicable at over 25 airports across India.
Do I need to submit any address proof to get this card?
Yes, along with the address proof, you need to submit documents like PAN card, ID proof, Form-16, 6 months’ salary slips and a passport-size photo.
Are there any spending-based rewards for the HDFC Regalia Credit Card?
Yes, every time you spend Rs.150, you will get 4 reward points.