Add the sparkle of gold and a touch of happiness to your life with a HSBC Gold credit card offered with the best of privileges from around the world. Save money and time with special features and exclusively crafted benefits to suit your every financial need. With attractive lifestyle privileges inclusive of dining, shopping, travel, health and fitness, the HSBC Gold credit card is a must-have for every individual who wants to get the best out of life. A plethora of other benefits are offered to Gold card holders, like online banking facilities, phone banking services and easy bill payments, to name just a few. Go ahead and become an unstoppable globetrotter with the HSBC Gold credit card and get ready to dive into a world of endless possibilities.
Benefits of a HSBC Gold Credit Card:
HSBC offers the Gold credit card with a load of benefits to customers in India, along with the facility of availing add-on cards for family members.
*Please Note - Currently, HSBC does not offer this card to new customers.
- Customers can enjoy instant access to their funds at over 1 million ATMs, abroad and in India.
- Cash withdrawals can be done from a customer’s HSBC bank account at any MasterCard, Cirrus ATM or Visa PLUS in India or across the world.
- The HSBC Gold credit card can be used at over 18 million merchant outlets, worldwide and at 100,000 outlets in India.
Lost Card Liability Insurance:
- Gold card holders can enjoy the benefit of having zero lost card liability, when a Gold credit card is lost or stolen. This will come into effect only if the complaint is given in writing to HSBC or to the MasterCard/Visa Global Emergency Assistance Helpline.
- The Lost Card Liability Insurance covers the card holder for up to 24 hours prior to reporting the loss of card, for an amount of up to Rs. 3, 00,000. HSBC does not cover any occurrence before the registration of the complaint.
- HSBC offers a robust internet banking service with a host of features for card holders to conveniently perform transactions and manage their card accounts.
- Utility bill payments can be done using this service at no extra cost. The Auto Bill Payment feature helps customers make payments for their bills on time, through automated instructions before the due date.
- Card holders can keep track of credit card transactions, check their balances, view e-statements and access their card accounts 24/7 using the online banking platform.
24/7 Phone Banking:
- Card holders can have access to their accounts and statements, round the clock, by using the Phone banking customer service provided by HSBC.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver:
- As a round-the-year discount, HSBC offers a 2.5% surcharge waiver on fuel transactions for all Gold credit card holders, by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 249 per annum.
- The maximum amount of the surcharge waiver is Rs 250 and this is applicable on fuel transactions ranging between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4000. Customers will not be able to earn rewards points on transactions that carry the surcharge waiver.
Secure Online Payments:
- The HSBC Gold credit card offers complete security to a card holder while online purchase transactions are done, with the MasterCard SecureCode or Verified by Visa (VbV) authentication.
- Customers will also have to provide an OTP while making online transactions, which enhances protection against cyber fraud attacks.
Features of a HSBC Gold Credit Card
- HSBC Gold credit card holders can avail up to three add-on cards for their family members namely parents, spouse, siblings or children above the age of 18 years.
- Transactions done using an add-on card will reflect on the primary card account and a separate monthly statement will not be issued.
- Shopping purchases of high-value done on a HSBC Gold Credit Card can be converted into monthly installments and can be repaid using flexible tenures ranging from 3, 6, 9, 12, 18 to 24 months, at the customer’s convenience.
- No documentation has to be submitted and zero processing fees is levied. Customers can earn rewards points on their credit card transactions.
||Interest Rate p.a
- Gold card holders can get instant cash using their credit cards through the “Cash-on-EMI” facility and repay back with tenures ranging between 6, 12, 18 and 24 months. Funds can be got in the form of draft or as NEFT transactions.
- HSBC charges an interest rate ranging between 11.88% and 21% per annum and a processing fee of 2% or a minimum of Rs 200. No documentation is required to be furnished, when customers avail this facility.
- Customers can transfer the outstanding balances from other credit cards to a Gold credit card and repay back using monthly installments at low-interest rates.
- Tenures available are 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, and 24 months and different interest rates are charged depending on the tenure.
- For tenures of 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, an interest rate of 11.88% is charged and for tenures of 18 and 24 months, the interest rate would be 15%.
- A processing fee of 1% is charged on the balance transfer amount, with a minimum of Rs 149.
“Home and Away” Program:
- Whether a customer is travelling or at home, every shopping, dining or travel experience would be completely fulfilling and rewarding with offers from 27,000 merchants across the world.
- HSBC Gold credit card holders can enjoy excellent benefits and get fabulous offers from outlets, worldwide, under the “Home and Away” Program.
- HSBC offers exceptional deals and discounts on shopping, dining, travel, leisure, health, and beauty packages for Gold customers as part of this program.
- Customers can get gift vouchers, discounts, complimentary gifts, free shipping offers, and outstanding deals when they shop using a Gold credit card at any partner outlet.
- The “Home and Away” Program includes custom-made dining packages at top restaurants across the world with discounted prices and special offers.
Travel / Leisure:
- Be a globetrotter with a HSBC Gold credit card, offering the best travel packages inclusive of local tours, admission tickets, accommodation deals, and flight bookings.
- HSBC offers attractive health and wellness packages at top spa and fitness centres across the globe. Customers can also get amazing discounts on health and beauty products purchased from top brands.
Foreign Exchange Entitlement:
- The HSBC Gold credit card can be used to make payments towards expenses up to the credit limit, regardless of the foreign exchange entitlement under the Foreign Exchange Management Act.
HSBC Bank Account Access:
- HSBC Gold Credit Card holders can access their bank accounts held with HSBC India to perform cash withdrawals, balance enquiries, fund transfers, request for statements using HSBC ATMs in India or while abroad.
- Cash Advances can be done at over 700,000 ATMs worldwide using a HSBC Gold credit card up to an amount of Rs 50,000 per day. A transaction fee and financing charge will be charged by HSBC as per the amount withdrawn.
Extended Credit Facility:
- HSBC also gives customers the option of making purchases and just paying the minimum payment due. The remaining balance can be paid later at a finance charge of 3.3% per month using the extended credit facility.
Perpetual Balance Transfer:
- Any balance amount above Rs 3000 can be transferred from other bank credit cards to a HSBC Gold Visa credit card at low interest rates ranging between 1% and 1.2% per month.
- Customers can make a minimum payment of 5% of the outstanding amount every month on their perpetual balance transfer, a minimum being Rs 100.
- HSBC does not levy any foreclosure charges for early repayments of the Perpetual Balance Transfer amount.
- A processing fee of 1% is charged on the balance transfer amount, with a minimum of Rs 149.
Visa Global Customer Assistance Services:
- HSBC Gold customers can enjoy 24/7 global customer assistance from Visa providing medical, legal and other services, from anywhere across the globe. HSBC will charge the customer according to the service rendered.
Loan on Phone:
- Customers can make high-value purchases using the “Loan on Phone” feature offered by HSBC.
- A minimum purchase of Rs 2000 is required to avail this benefit and repayments can be done at low interest rates. A
- fter making the transaction, customers have to contact HSBC Phone Banking and convert the purchase into a loan.
- A processing fee of 2% will be charged and card holders can choose from multiple tenure options offered by HSBC.
- The interest rate charged by HSBC for the “Loan on Phone” ranges between 11.88% and 21% per annum.
- HSBC gives cardholders the facility of dividing the outstanding balance on their Gold credit cards and repaying using EMIs, at an interest of 0.99% per month.
- The processing fee charged for a balance conversion is 2% and the tenures that customers can choose from are 3, 6 and 12 months.
- HSBC Gold credit card customers can enjoy attractive rewards and vouchers as part of HSBC’s unique Rewards program.
- Gold card holders can earn 1 rewards point for every Rs 100 spent using their HSBC Gold credit cards.
- Gold card holders can redeem accumulated rewards points for gift vouchers, home appliances, beauty products, garments, donations and air miles.
- Redemptions of points can be done from HSBC’s online rewards catalogue.
- HSBC customers can also redeem their points for KrisFlyer Miles with Singapore Airlines, JPMiles with Jet Airways and for Taj Inner Circle points.
||1 Reward Point equals 1 KrisFlyer Mile
|Taj Inner Circle
||1000 Reward Points equals 200 Taj Inner Circle Points
||2 Reward Points equals 1 JPMile
HSBC offers the EXTRA points program to its Gold customers in an effort to help them earn rewards faster at select partner outlets. EXTRA points can be earned every time a purchase transaction is done using a HSBC Gold credit card at outlets participating in the EXTRA points program.
|Cox and Kings
|Gini & Jony
||Meluha The Fern
|Surat Diamond Jewellery
||The O Hotel
Accrued EXTRA points can be converted into airline miles, Vodafone Bill credits, concierge rewards, accommodation vouchers, HSBC rewards points, shopping vouchers and as donations to charities.
- Fully Filled-in Application Form
Salaried individuals in Multi-national companies - Latest Pay slip or certificate.
Salaried individuals in Private Limited Companies - Copy of the latest pay slip / last three months’ bank account statements showing the credit of salary.
Self-employed Professionals - Latest Income Tax Returns / Business Card
Other Credit Card Customers - Copy of credit card (front and back) / Most recent credit card statement
Other Documents Required - Address Proof / Pan Card / Identity Card / Form 60
HSBC Gold Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants need to be at least 18 years and above to be eligible to avail a HSBC Gold card.
- Salaried individuals and self-employed professionals should show a minimum annual income of Rs. 5, 00,000 to qualify for the card.
Fees & Charges
|Add-on Card - Annual Fees
|Finance Charges for Cash Advance/Extended Credit
||3.3% per month from the transaction date
|Free Credit Period
||Up to 52 days
|Due date of the payment from the statement date
|Extended Credit - Finance Charges
||2.49% per month, calculated from the date of transaction.
|Minimum Payment Due
||5% of the total outstanding amount, with the minimum being Rs 100.
|Cash advance limit
||Up to 60% of the card limit
|Late Payment Fee
||50% of the minimum amount due , with the minimum being Rs 400 and the maximum being Rs 750 per month
|Over limit Fee
||Rs 500 per month
|Cheque Bounce Charges
||Rs 100 / statement
|Card replacement Fee (within India)
|Rewards redemption handling charges
||Rs 50 per redemption
FAQs on HSBC Gold Credit Card
What are the different methods available to make payments towards a HSBC Gold Credit Card bill?
Customers can choose from any of below given options when they make a credit card bill payment -
- Bill Desk
- Drop boxes: (Available only in Mumbai)
- Electronic Clearing System
- HSBC Mobile Banking
- Internet Banking
- Mail Cheque/ Draft
- National Electronic Funds Transfer
- Over the Counter
- Phone Banking
- Standing Instructions
- VISA Money Transfer
Is there a validity period for accrued reward points on a HSBC Gold Credit Card?
Yes, accumulated reward points are valid for two years and after that time period they cannot be used for redemptions.
What is the mandatory payment amount that has to be given by a HSBC Gold Credit Card holder every month?
The minimum amount due reflected in the monthly statement should be definitely repaid by a Gold card holder. This amount is the sum of any over limit amount, total outstanding amount and a part of past due amounts.
Can customers check the status of their HSBC Gold credit card applications?
Yes, Gold card applicants can receive SMS alerts to their mobile number registered with HSBC, related to the status of their credit card applications. The status of an application can also be got by contacting the HSBC phone banking service.
Will HSBC charge any fee if customers use their Gold credit cards for overseas transactions?
No, since the Gold credit card is internationally valid, no additional fee will be charged for usage at PoS terminals. However, cash withdrawals will attract a transaction fee of Rs 100 at ATMs, worldwide.