HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
The Platinum Times credit card by HDFC Bank is specifically curated for all the movie buffs and the foodies in the country. With this card, you get exclusive discounts on movie ticket bookings and dining along with benefits under different categories as well.
Key Highlights of the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
- Get a bouquet of discount vouchers as a welcome gift.
- Enjoy a discount of 25% on movies.
- Make the most of dining at more than 1,000 partner restaurants with a discount of 20%.
- Get accelerated reward points on dining during weekdays.
- The renewal fee of the card is waived if the annual expenditure is more than Rs.2,50,000.
Features and Benefits of the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
- Kickstart your journey of entertainment and food with a range of vouchers on apparel, shopping, dining and other various categories offered by the bank.
Movie and Dining Benefits
- Get a wide range of city-based offers and discounts on dining, movie tickets, online shopping, etc.
- Apart from this, you will get up to 25% off on movie ticket bookings.
- Enjoy a discount of 20% on dining all throughout the year with your credit card at partner restaurants.
Reward Point Benefits
- With the HDFC Bank Platinum Times credit card, get 3 reward points for every Rs.150 spent.
- Avail accelerated rewards of 10 reward points for every Rs.150 spent on dining during weekdays.
- The reward points will be valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation.
- With the credit card, you will also be getting a fuel surcharge waiver of 1.5% for fuel transactions.
- The maximum waiver per statement cycle is Rs.250.
- For a minimum of 4 transactions in a month, avail a free Accidental Death insurance worth Rs.50 lakh.
- Get a free Fire and Burglary protection for goods above Rs.5,000 for 6 months.
- In the case of loss of credit card, you need to report it by calling customer care.
- Once you report the loss, cardholders carry zero liability on any fraudulent transactions.
HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card Limit
The credit limit for the HDFC Bank Platinum Times card will be at the discretion of the bank. The bank takes several factors into consideration before adding a credit limit such as the credit report of the applicant, the credit score and the repayment habits of past and ongoing loans.
Latest Offers by the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
- Enjoy a discount of 25% on products purchased from themancompany.com with your card.
- Get discounts of up to Rs.500 on a minimum spend of Rs.1,599 on Myntra.com.
- Make the most of your credit card with a discount of up to 18% on a minimum purchase of Rs.3,000 on your bookings made on MakeMyTrip.com.
- Use the coupon code and get a discount of 30% on your purchases made on Crocs.com with your credit card.
- Enjoy a discount of 10% on Thomas Cook International Holidays for a minimum of 2 people.
- Make the most of your Platinum Times credit card with a discount of Rs.1,000 on your purchases at Lenskart.com.
Reward Point Benefits on the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
- For every Rs.150 spent, earn 3 reward points.
- Earn 10 points on every Rs.150 on dining during weekdays.
- The reward points will be valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
- The reward points accumulated in the credit card can be redeemed for a wide range of products from the rewards catalogue of the bank.
How to redeem reward points earned on HDFC Bank Platinum Times credit card?
Redemption of HDFC credit card points can be done offline, through post as well as online.
If you wish to redeem the points through post, you will have to download the points redemption form from the website.
Add the details and then send it to the address mentioned below:
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
P.O. Box No. 8654,
Chennai - 600041.
To redeem the credit card points online, here are the steps which you need to follow:
- Login to HDFC net banking.
- Select the 'credit cards'tab.
- If you have registered your card, it will appear on the page. If you have not registered, you will need to do so.
- Click on 'redeem reward points'on the left side of the navigation bar and select your Platinum Times credit card. Click on 'continue'.
- Once you do, the website will redirect you to the online redemption portal.
- On the homepage, click on 'Redeem Reward Points'.
- Select the 'points range'and 'item category'to check the catalogue.
- You can select the items you wish to purchase by adding them to the cart.
- Once done, click on 'view shopping cart'.
- Read the terms and conditions and check on the box indicating you have read it.
- Click on 'redeem'and note down the redemption order number for future references.
Fees and Charges on the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
|Cash advance limit
||40% of the credit limit
|Minimum repayment amount
||5% or a minimum of Rs.200
||Up to 50 days
|Charges on revolving credit
|Additional card fee
|Cash advance charges
||2.5% on the withdrawn amount or Rs.500; the higher amount is taken.
|Charges on over limit account
||2.5% on the over limit amount subject to a minimum of Rs.450.
|Late payment charges
If statement balance is less than Rs.100 - Nil
Between Rs.100 and Rs.500 - Rs.100
Between Rs.501 and Rs.5,000 - Rs.500
Between Rs.5,001 and Rs.10,000 - Rs.600
Between Rs.10,001 and Rs.25,000 - Rs.800
More than Rs.25,000 - Rs.950
|Payment return charges
||2% of the payment amount subjected to a minimum of Rs.450.
|Rewards redemption fee
||Rs.99 per request.
|Cash processing fee
|Balance transfer processing charges
||1% of the balance transfer amount or Rs.250. The higher amount will be taken.
|Fuel transaction surcharge
||Fuel surcharge is capped at Rs.250 per billing/statement cycle.
|Outstation cheque processing charge
If cheque value is up to Rs.2,500 - Rs.25
If cheque value is more than Rs.2,500 - Rs.50
|Reissue of stolen, lost or damaged card
|Railway ticket purchase fee
||1.8% of the transaction amount + GST
|Foreign currency transaction
|Card validation charges - Lounge
||Rs.2 and will not be reversed by the bank.
Eligibility Criteria for the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card
- The age of a salaried applicant must be between the age of 21 years and 60 years.
- The age of a self-employed individual must be between the age of 21 years and 65 years.
- The primary applicant must be a resident or a non-resident of the country.
- The age of the add-on cardholder must be at least 15 years.
Documents Required to apply for the Platinum Times Credit Card
- 2 passport size coloured photographs.
- Copy of the applicant's PAN card or Form 60.
- A valid identity proof which can be Aadhaar card, driving license or Passport.
- Copy of Income proof which includes latest salary slips, Form 16 or Income Tax returns.
- Address proof, which is Aadhaar card, Passport or copy of the electricity bill.
How to Apply for the HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card?
You can apply for the credit card through offline or online methods.
If you do not have access to the internet or net banking, you can visit the branch of HDFC bank and apply for the card by filling the application form. You are required to present all the documents at the bank while applying for the card.
However, through online methods, you can apply for the card from the official website of HDFC Bank or through BankBazaar.
To apply for the card on BankBazaar, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on the 'check eligibility'tab on BankBazaar's page of HDFC Bank Platinum Times credit card.
- Add the information required to be filled.
- You will need to upload all the documents as required in the application form.
- Click on submit. The page will provide you with a tracking ID.
- This ID number will help you track the status of your application.
HDFC Bank Platinum Times Credit Card FAQs
- What is the minimum repayment amount for HDFC Platinum Times Credit Card?
Cardholders must pay a minimum of 5% of the outstanding balance, subject to a minimum of Rs.200.
- How do I make payments for an HDFC Platinum Times credit card?
Payments can be made via cheques, cash, at ATMs or by using net banking.
- Can HDFC Platinum Times credit card customers apply for add-on cards?
Yes, customers can apply for up to 3 add-on cards with a lifetime fee waiver.
- Can a Platinum chip card be used for online transactions?
Yes, this credit card can be used for online transactions after registering with MasterCard SecureCode.
- What are the merchant categories that the HDFC Platinum Times credit card can be used for?
The HDFC Platinum Times credit card can be used at retail outlets, travel sites, entertainment websites and much more.