HDFC Bank offers the Regalia ForexPlus Card to you if you travel abroad frequently. You can use this card to make transactions to save yourself from the hassle of carrying multiple currencies in your wallet. This card is issued in one currency and comes with a host of features.
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card Features
There are various features of this card that you will get to enjoy if you apply for it:
- You can load your card in US dollars and then use in any currency.
- There are zero cross-currency charges.
- There will be no ATM charges if you use it at All Point Network ATMs. However, regular ATM withdrawals will be chargeable.
- You can enjoy up to two complimentary airport lounge should be access every quarter.
- You can get your card blocked temporarily through net banking when not travelling.
- There is a backup card facility available upon request.
How to load and reload your HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card
You can load or reload your HDFC ForexPlus Card by using any one of the processes given below:
- You can load your card online by using the Quick Reload facility. It is a 3-step process which allows you to load your card from anywhere in the world given you remember your card number. You must note that this facility is available only if you are an HDFC Bank customer. You cannot load your card using your NRO account or debit cards.
- You can load your card by logging in to your HDFC credit card net banking or phone banking portal.
- You can visit your nearest HDFC Bank branch to load your card.
In case you misplace your card, or if it fails to work, the bank will provide you with an emergency cash delivery assistance service regardless of wherever you are in the world.
You can visit the HDFC Bank website to know the international toll-free numbers which you can use to connect to a HDFC credit card customer care executive in case you lose your card or if it stops working.
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card Complimentary Insurance Cover
Given below is the list of various insurance covers you will be eligible for on being issued the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card:
- Protection up to Rs.5 lakh in case your card is lost and misused due to counterfeiting or skimming
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.5 lakh
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.5 lakh
- Death cover only in case of death caused due to road or rail accident (Road/Rail Accident Insurance)
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.2 lakh
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.2 lakh
- Air Accident Insurance (Death cover only)
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.5 lakh
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.25 lakh
- Insurance cover for the loss of checked-in baggage
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.20,000
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.20,000
- Loss of personal documents (only passport reconstruction)
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.50,000
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.50,000
- Loss of cash in transit
- Single Currency Cards - up to Rs.60,000
- Multicurrency Cards - up to Rs.60,000
You can use this card at any affiliated Visa or Mastercard merchant establishment around the world. You can also use this card for shopping online.
Flight delay pass
In case your flight is delayed, you will be able to enjoy complimentary access to select airport lounges.
Mastercard Boingo Wi-Fi Program
If you have been issued the Mastercard HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card, you can enjoy the Boingo Wi-Fi Program which allows you to connect at more than 1 million wi-fi hotspots around the world. This service is provided by the bank only to those who hold the HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card. Some of the benefits you will enjoy under this program are:
- Access to wi-fi will be free of cost.
- You will have access to more than 1 million fast, easy- to- use, premium wi-fi hotspots around the world.
- You will have unlimited access to Boingo wi-fi hotspots including the ones at airports, hotels, coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
- You can enjoy connections on up to four devices including mobile phones, laptops, and tablets.
- Passpoint technology will be provided to you at more than 1.5 lakh hotspots.
- You can easily manage your card online. You can set and change its pin at your convenience, as well as load or block your card any time you want.
- You can also check your monthly statements online.
- You will receive a transaction alert via SMS every time you use the card to make a transaction.
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card Eligibility
You can apply for an HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card even if you are not a customer of HDFC Bank.
Given below is the list of documents you will be required to provide while applying for HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card:
- Duly signed and attested application form.
- Proof of address if the address mentioned is different from the one mentioned in the passport.
- A self-attested copy of your passport.
- A self-attested copy of your VISA or ticket.
- If you are a non-HDFC customer then you will have to provide a copy of the statement mentioning the payment made while applying for HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card, and a cancelled cheque or a passbook.
HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card Fees and Charges
Card issue - Rs.1,000 per card
Reload- Rs.75 plus applicable GST (applicable when loading through HDFC Bank branches)
Reissue - Rs.100 per card
|US Dollar (USD)
GST will be applicable
Cross-currency charges -In case the transaction currency is different from the currency available on the Forex Card, there will be no cross-currency conversion charge applicable to such transactions.
Currency conversion tax for load, reload and refund transactions -
|Up to Rs.1 lakh
||0.18% of the gross value or Rs.45 whichever is higher
|Between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.10 lakh
||Rs.180 + 0.09% of the amount exceeding Rs.1 lakh
|Above Rs.10 lakhs
||Rs.990 + 0.018% of the amount exceeding Rs.10 lakh
US Dollar (USD)
GST will be applicable
International toll-free numbers
HDFC Bank offers banking-related assistance to you through its phone banking services irrespective of your location in the world. You can find the international toll-free number for the specified countries in the table given below:
|Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, United Kingdom
|Hong Kong, South Korea, Thailand
|For all other countries*
*Charges will be applicable
How to apply for HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card
- You can apply for HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card online by visiting the official website of the bank, clicking on ‘Pay’ and then clicking on ‘Cards’ in the drop-down menu, under which you will have to click on ‘Forex’.
- Under ‘Regalia ForexPlus Card’, click on ‘Apply Online’.
- You will then be directed to a new page where under the card illustration, you will have to click on ‘Apply Now’. You will again be directed to a new page.
- If you are an existing customer then provide your customer ID. If you are a new customer, provide your mobile number.
- Provide the necessary details under ‘Traveler details’ and make the payment.
- The bank will get in touch with you and you will be required to submit the necessary documents. If all the details on the documents and the form is correct, the bank will send the Forex Card to your communication address.
- You can also download the form online, and after duly filling it, visit the nearest branch and submit the form along with the required documents.
It is recommended you visit the website and check the benefits and offers provided by HDFC Regalia ForexPlus Card and compare it with other HDFC Forex Cards. If the benefits provided meet your requirement, you can go ahead and apply for it either online or offline.