Grocery Credit Card
Credit cards are one of those products that have revolutionized the entire workings of the financial world. These plastic cards have completely changed the way individuals spend their money on goods and services. Keeping in mind the myriad requirements of individuals, credit card providers and banks have come up with a number of features and benefits for the credit bards being provided by them. Certain cards are also made specifically for a niche audience such as travel rewards for those who travel frequently, and so on.
Groceries are not just necessities but can also be a luxury depending on what individuals wish to purchase. Every single person will have to shop for this but some more than others depending on their needs and requirements.
Best Credit Cards for Grocery Shopping in India
Given below are the top credit cards in India tailor-made for those who love their grocery shopping and indulge in it frequently. These cards are all by top credit card providers in India.
Here is the List of the best Credit Cards for Grocery Shopping in India
- SimplySAVE Advantage SBI credit card by the State Bank of India
- ICICI Bank Coral Contactless credit card by ICICI Bank
- HDFC Solitaire credit card by HDFC Bank
SimplySAVE Advantage SBI Credit Card
The SBI SimplySAVE Advantage Credit Card is one of the best cards for individuals who love grocery shopping. This card comes with a number of unique benefits that make it perfect for supermarket purchases.
- The annual fee for the SimplySAVe Advantage SBI credit card is Rs.499
- The renewal fee per annum is Rs.499
Features and Benefits:
- Customers can enjoy 10X Reward Points for every Rs.100 that they spend on grocery purchases and in departmental stores. In addition to this, Reward Points can also be availed on movie and dining spends.
- On other purchases, customers can earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs.100 spent. Re.1 is equal to four Reward Points.
- Customers need to pay the 2.5% fuel surcharge at petrol pumps if they spend an amount between Rs.500 to Rs.3000 at any petrol pump in India.
- When customers spend over Rs.90,000 on their SimplySAVe Advantage credit card the previous year, they can procure an annual membership fee reversal from the second year of their subscription.
- Customers can avail a Rs.100 cashback on their first ATM cash withdrawal if it is done within the first month of receiving their SimplySAVe Advantage SBI credit card.
- SimplySAVe Advantage credit cardholders can avail supplementary credit cards for their family members over the age of 18.
- Cardholders can pay their utility bills through their SimplySAVE Advantage credit card using the Easy Bill Pay Facility.
- Online booking of railway tickets can also be done through this credit card.
- Customers can convert all their high ticket transactions into installments through Flexipay.
The SimplySAVE Advantage SBI credit card is a product that can be used worldwide and has a lot of advantages. This card can be used for a lot of different purchases and is a must have for all those who spend most of their amount on supermarket and grocery spends.
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card
Cardholders can avail unlimited cash rewards, discounts on departmental and supermarket spends and free movie tickets through their ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card. This card also comes with a number of other advantageous features.
- A joining fee of Rs.1000 plus service taxes is applicable
- From the second year an annual fee of Rs.500 plus service tax will be applicable from the second year
- This annual fee will be waived if customers spend over Rs.1,25,000 on their card in the previous year
Features and Benefits:
- Customers through this card can procure 2X cash rewards on groceries, supermarket and dining spends.
- Thanks to the built-in contactless MasterCard technology, secure and quick payments can be made at retail outlets.
- Every quarter, customers can procure two domestic airport lounge visits on a complimentary basis.
- Every month, cardholders can avail two complementary movies though the BookMyShow website, under the Buy One Get One offer.
- Additionally, individuals can also procure a minimum of 15% savings on dining bills at more than 2100 restaurants across India via the Culinary Treats Program.
The ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card is a must have for many reasons. This card is accepted worldwide and also comes with advanced technology ensuring safe and secure payments at all times. Due to its Rewards Points program and discounts, this card is also great for those who frequently spend on groceries and at supermarkets.
HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card
The HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card is a highly rewarding credit card due to the sheer number of benefits and advantages provided by this credit card. From grocery spends to travel and dining spends, this card encompasses every aspect of credit card features.
- The annual fee charged for the HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card is Rs.500.
- The renewal fee for this credit card is also Rs.500. Interest free period of up to 50 days is applicable for this card. In case individuals spend Rs.10,000 through their card within the first 90 days from the date of card set up, their 1st year membership fee will be waived. In case cardholders charge Rs.50,000 to their card within a year, they can avail a waiver to their next year’s annual membership fee.
Benefits and Features
- Customers can avail 50% more Reward Points when they spend on grocery and dining purchases.
- Customers can earn as many as 2,880 Reward Points in a year or even more on grocery and dining spends.
- Cardholders can avail a gift voucher of Rs.1,000 from Shopper’s Shop if they spend over Rs.75,000 every 6 months.
- On every Rs.150 charged to their Solitaire Credit Card, individuals can avail 3 Reward Points.
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver is capped at Rs.250 for every billing cycle. Customers can save close to Rs.1,500 a year on all their fuel transactions.
- Customers can also redeem their Reward Points as cashback against the outstanding amount on their credit card. It is to be noted that Rs.30 equals a 100 Reward Points.
- In case individuals misplace or lose their credit cards at any point of time, they will have to report this to the bank at the earliest and can avail Zero Lost Card liability.
- Cashback of over Rs.4,000 can be availed on Reward Points that have been collected when individuals spend over Rs.5 lakh on their credit card.
The Solitaire Credit Card by HDFC Bank is a unique credit card that comes with numerous benefits and features. This is especially so for those who spend most of their credit card balance on spends related to grocery and supermarkets. Solitaire credit cardholders can also redeem their Reward Points for a whole host of exciting offers. This credit card is meant for those who take their shopping seriously. Additionally, this card is also accepted all over the world. This card is equipped with a ‘chip’ technology making it easy for customers to avail secure transactions.
- Does the State Bank of India have any grocery credit cards?
Yes, the State Bank of India has the SimplySAVE Advantage SBI credit card.
- What is the joining fee of ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card?
ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card has a joining fee of Rs.1,000.
- Do I have to pay any renewal fee for SimplySAVE Advantage SBI Credit Card?
Yes, the renewal fee per annum for the SimplySAVE Advantage SBI Credit Card is Rs. 499.
- What rewards can I get with the HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card?
With the HDFC Bank Solitaire Credit Card, you can avail 50% more Reward Points when they spend on grocery and dining purchases.
- Which ICICI Bank credit card is best for grocery shopping?
The ICICI Bank Coral Contactless Credit Card is the best for grocery shopping.