American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card Overview:
The American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card is the ideal credit card for the frequent travelers. This American Express credit card provides a wide range of travel benefits and privileges that will make your trips more interesting and rewarding.
Features of the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card:
- Enjoy travel benefits and other offers for all your bookings on MakeMyTrip.com.
- Get up to 20% discount when you dine at the selected premium restaurants and multi cuisine hotels.
- Earn more membership reward points when you use your card at any of the partner outlets associated with the reward programme.
Benefits of the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card:
- Get Indigo vouchers worth Rs 7,700 and more when you spend Rs 1.90 lakhs within a year.
- Get Indigo vouchers worth Rs 11,800 and more when you spend Rs 4 lakhs within a year.
- Enjoy zero liability insurance for any transactions on a lost card and secure your finances.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass membership with a membership fee waiver of US$99 annually.
Eligibility and documentation:
The eligibility criteria for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card are as follows:
The documents required for applying for this American Express card are as follows:
- The applicant should be minimum 18 years of age.
- The applicant should not have defaulted on payments.
- The applicant should have a positive credit history.
- The applicant should be a permanent resident in India.
- The applicant should have a personal income of minimum Rs 6 lakhs annually. This criteria is applicable for both self-employed and salaried applicants.
- Identity proof like Aadhar Card or Voter ID
- Income and bank details like ITR, payslips and PAN card
- Address proof like ration card or electricity bill
Fees and charges:
Redeeming membership reward points:
- The fee for the first year is Rs 0 (Zero).
- From the second year onwards the fee is Rs 5,000 (exclusive of taxes).
You can redeem your membership reward points for Indigo vouchers or you can redeem them for over 600 different options.
How to Apply for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card?
You can apply for the card online at BankBazaar. Visit the website and under the credit cards section, look for American Express credit cards and then select this card. You can click on “Apply” to instantly apply for this card online through BankBazaar.
American Express Platinum Travel Card FAQs:
- How do I know the credit limit of this card?
The credit limit of the card will be mentioned in the welcome letter sent with your credit card. You can also check the credit limit on your credit card statements.
- What are the travel benefits offered with this card?
You enjoy travel benefits on bookings through MakeMyTrip.com. You also get a complimentary Priority Pass membership with this American Express card.
- Does this card come with any lifestyle privileges?
Yes, the card comes with numerous lifestyle privileges which include dining discounts,vouchers from the Taj Hotels and Resorts etc.
- How do I earn reward points with this card?
You earn 1 reward point every time you spend Rs 50 on your card, except for cash advances and purchases involving utilities, fuel and insurance.