IMPS, the Immediate Payment Service, is a simple and easy way to make bank transfers at any time and from anywhere. IMPS is an instant interbank electronic fund transfer facility that is used by a number of banks across the country. Any bank who has opted to be in the IMPS network can offer this service to its customers to send and receive funds. The service is extremely handy for customers to make cashless transfers to their beneficiaries. Using IMPS requires an MMID and mobile number, or the bank account number and the IFSC code. Customers can use this service to transfer funds 24x7 through mobile banking and internet banking. IMPS is similar to a NEFT transfer except that the payment is done immediately, regardless of bank timings and holidays.
Bank of Baroda IMPS
Customers who wish to use the IMPS can use their mobile phones to make a fund transfer to the beneficiary by directly crediting their bank account. Customers stand to benefit from the funds being transferred almost immediately on a real-time basis. In case of emergencies, and payments that need to be made immediately, IMPS is the best option as there are no delays. When the IMPS transfer has been completed, BOB will send a confirmation message. The recipient’s bank will also send them a confirmation of the credited amount.
Who is eligible for Bank of Baroda IMPS?
Anyone with a bank account at Bank of Baroda is eligible to use the IMPS facility. You will have to register for Baroda M-Connect service by using your debit/ATM card. Customers who do not have a card can visit their respective BOB branch to apply for Baroda M-Connect. Customers will then be issued a 7-digit MMID which will be linked to the primary bank account. The MMID will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number. Customers can also use the mobile banking app to generate their MMID. To do this, you need to select “Fund Transfer - Other Bank” and then click on “Know your MMID”.
Benefits of using Bank of Baroda IMPS
IMPS comes with a number of benefits to users. Some of the benefits include:
- User friendly service.
- Immediate transfer of funds to the beneficiary’s account.
- 24x7 access to IMPS.
- Can be used even on bank holidays.
- Can be used after banking hours.
- Any customer with a bank account can use IMPS.
- Link more than one bank account to the same mobile number with separate MMIDs.
Features of Bank of Baroda IMPS
IMPS is a facility offered by banks that makes transferring funds and making payment through your bank account easy and instant. The features of IMPS include:
- Available only on Mobile Banking and Internet Banking.
- Use of MMID and mobile number.
- Confirmation alerts sent to both remitter and recipient.
- The transaction limits are Rs.50,000 per day and Rs.2.5 lakhs per month.
- There are currently no charges levied for this service.
How to Transfer Money by using Bank of Baroda IMPS Service
One-time registration of beneficiary
You will need to register your Payee under the IMPS facility. This is a one-time process and the payee will be stored for future use.
- On the mobile app, select Menu option “Fund Transfer”.
- Click on “Other Bank” and opt for “Beneficiary Registration”.
- Select “Online Fund transfer (IMPS)”.
- You need to enter the Payee’s MMID and Mobile Number.
- Enter a nickname for the beneficiary.
- Confirm the registration.
Transferring funds are simple through IMPS.
- Register for Baroda M-Connect and get your MMID.
- You need to get the beneficiary’s mobile number and MMID.
- After logging into the mobile app, you need to select “Funds Transfer”.
- Select “Other Bank” and then “IMPS”.
- If you’ve registered your Payee, you can select the Payee or you can choose “Beneficiary registration” and click “Payment”.
- Enter the mobile number of the payee and the MMID.
- You can choose to enter a purpose of the transfer.
- Enter the transaction amount.
- Choose which bank account you would like to debit.
- Click on “OK” to complete the transaction.
- Once the transaction is successful, a confirmation SMS will be sent both to the customer and beneficiary.
- Simply share your MMID and mobile number to the person who has to send you funds.
- The remitter will have to carry out the rest of the process.
- You will receive a confirmation message once the transfer has been complete.
- You will also get a transaction reference number which you can save for future queries.
Beneficiary Details Required for Bank of Baroda IMPS
To make an IMPS transfer using the MMID mode, you need the following information:
- Mobile number of the beneficiary
- MMID of the beneficiary
MMID stands for Mobile Money Identification Number. It consists of 7 digits and is a unique number linked to a particular bank account. The first four digits represent a unique code to identify the bank. An MMID can be generated through mobile banking, internet banking, or at the bank branch. By using the IMPS facility provided by BOB, customers can transfer money to other customers of BOB. They can also make fund transfers to any bank account of another bank. Customers can also use IMPS to make payments to merchants by using the merchant’s MMID. IMPS is an easy way to go cashless and make payments easily.
BOB IMPS FAQs
How do I get my MMID from Bank of Baroda?
When you register for mobile banking, you will receive a 7-digit MMID. This will be applicable to the primary account. The MMID will be sent to you via SMS to your mobile number. You can also get your MMID by selecting the “Know your MMID” option on the mobile app under “Fund Transfer - Other Bank”.
How do I register for mobile banking?
If you want to register for mobile banking, you need to visit an BOB ATM and generate an MMID.
- Swipe your Debit Card in the designated slot and enter your ATM PIN
- Select M-Connect and then choose the Registration option
- Enter your mobile number
- Confirm the transaction.
- An SMS will be sent to your registered mobile with the Mobile Application link, password and MPIN.
You can also register at an BOB branch by filling up a registration form.
My mobile banking registration failed at the ATM. What should I do?
If your attempt to register for mobile banking at a BOB ATM failed, then you need to contact the bank branch for further help.
Is there a limit on the number of transactions I can carry out in a day?
You can transfer funds using IMPS as many times as you want. However, the maximum amount you can transfer is capped at Rs.50,000 per day.
What do I do if I entered the wrong payee details for IMPS?
With IMPS from Bank of Baroda, if you have entered the wrong MMID and mobile number, the transaction will be declined. The MMID and the mobile number both have to match the beneficiary’s account.
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.