Keeping in mind the priority of their customers to save for the future and earn high returns on deposits, HDFC Bank has rolled out a number of savings accounts that cater to the individual needs of each and every of their customers. With the HDFC Bank Savings Account, customers can earn a relatively higher interest on deposits in the account. Depending on their financial status, customers can choose a savings account that suits them best - from a Regular Savings Account, to the SavingsMax Account, Women’s Savings account, Kid's Advantage Account, etc.
Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- The applicant will then have to fill in the application form. Note, all fields will be required to be filled in to avoid rejection of the application. If one faces issues filling in the form, he/she can contact any executive of HDFC Bank for assistance. The customer can either apply to open an account at any HDFC Bank branch or online on the HDFC Bank homepage.
- Once the above mentioned documents are ready and the form filled, the individual will be required submit the form and the KYC documents at the HDFC Bank branch of choice. In cases of online application, the duly-filled form and documents will have to be uploaded.
- At the bank, the executive will verify the documents and ensure that the name, date of birth, address and so on, in the KYC documents and what’s mentioned in the application form match.
- Once the verification process is over, the account holder will now have to make an initial deposit - depending on the minimum balance requirement of the savings account. The initial deposit can be made at the cash deposit counter. No deposit will be required for zero-balance savings accounts.
- Once the deposit has been made, the executive will hand you a debit card and the relevant bank documents with regard to the savings account.
Eligibility Criteria to Open a Savings Account in HDFC Bank
To be eligible to open a savings account in HDFC Bank, customers need to meet certain eligibility criteria.
- The individual applying for this savings account should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be 18 years and above to be eligible, except in cases of a minor savings account.
- The applicant will be required to submit valid KYC documents provings his/her identity and address along with the account opening form.
- When opening the account, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit - depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account.
As soon as the individual applies to open a savings account in HDFC Bank, he/she will be required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- 2 latest passport size photographs
What to Keep in Mind before Opening HDFC Bank Savings Account
Before opening a savings account with HDFC Bank, individuals need to look into the certain aspects of the account to see if it actually suits them. They are:
- Customers need to check the interest rate over deposits for that particular savings account. The interest rate will determine your return over the deposits and knowing this before choosing a savings account is imperative.
- Customers first need to check the minimum balance requirement of the savings account and see if its suits their finances. Simultaneously, one should check the penalty fees for not maintaining the minimum balance - just to be on the safe side.
- Customers should check the transaction and withdrawal limit per day for that particular account.
- The applicant should check if there are extra charges if one withdrawals cash using cheques and the withdrawal limit per month at ATMs other than HDFC Bank.
Safety Tips for HDFC Bank Savings Account Holders
- If in case a transaction has been without your knowledge, you should contact the bank immediately.
- Once the account is opened, you should ensure that your account password and PIN is never shared through emails, SMS, or on social media.
- Ensure that you check your bank statements regularly to keep a check if there are any cases of fraudulent activity and to keep a track of your finances - in and out of your account.
- If your debit card is either lost or stolen, you should either block it through your net banking account immediately or call the customer care of HDFC Bank to do it for you.
- Avoid saving your bank account details on online merchant websites. Also, ensure that you close the page as soon as you have completed a transaction online and that you only shop on websites that are secure.
HDFC Bank Customer Care Number
|Cities||Customer Care Number|
|Delhi / NCR||6160-6161|
For credit card related queries, the customers can call the HDFC Bank toll-free number - 1800 266 4332
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.