|Bank||State Bank of India|
|Category||SBI Basic Savings Account|
|Minimum Balance Amount||NIL|
|Debit Card Offered||Basic ATM-Debit Card|
|Eligibility Criteria||Individuals who are 18 years old and above.|
- A SBI Basic Savings Account can be opened free of cost at any SBI branch.
- This account is KYC compliant and can be operated as a single account or jointly.
- There is no upper limit set for the balance amount held in the account.
- The SBI Basic Account can be easily accessed and a cheque book will also be issued along with it.
- Accounts can be transferred between SBI branches free of cost.
- Customers cannot open any other SB account, if they hold a SBI Basic Savings Account. All other accounts have to be closed within 30 days of opening a SBI Basic Savings Account.
- Four free ATM withdrawals are allowed every month from SBI or other bank ATMS. Any withdrawal after that would be charged.
- Utility bill payments can be done using this account.
|Internet Banking||NEFT/RTGS transactions can be done free of cost.|
|Debit Card||A debit card is given free of cost with no annual maintenance charge|
|Mobile Banking||Not Available|
|Other Services||Any extra service availed will be charged as per the bank’s regulations.|
|Deposit or Collection of Cheques drawn by Central or State Government||Nil|
|Deposit of Cash||Nil|
|Activation of Inoperative Accounts||Nil|
|Issuance of variants of ATM cards||Charges as stipulated by the bank.|
- Filled-in Account Opening Form (AOF)
- Colored passport-size photographs – 2
- KYC documents as stated in the AOF
- KYC Information
- Type of Savings Account required
- Form 60 / PAN Number
- Form DA-1 for making a nomination (Optional)
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.