To save for the future, customers across the country have the option of open a Punjab National Bank Savings Account. The savings accounts offered by PNB come with the comfort of online banking facilities and free phone and mobile banking facilities. Customers have the option of opening a savings account either at a Punjab National Bank closest to them or through the bank’s online facilities.
Eligibility Criteria to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
To be eligible to open a savings account in Punjab National Bank, customers need to meet certain criteria.
- Should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be 18 years and above to be eligible. In the case of minors, the parents or legal guardian of the minor can open the account on their behalf.
- The applicant is required to have valid identity and address proof that is Government approved.
- Once the application is verified by the bank, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit - depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account he/she has chosen.
Table of Contents
- Eligibility Criteria to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- What to Keep in Mind before Opening a Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Safety Tips for Punjab National Bank Savings Account Holders
- Punjab National Bank Customer Care Number
Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
How to open Punjab National Bank Savings Account in three simple steps:
- Visit the closest Punjab National Bank with the required documents for the account opening process.
- At the new account section of the bank, fill up the application form and tell the executive that you wish to open a new savings account.
- Ensure that the details mentioned in the application form and what is mentioned on your KYC documents match. Submit the application form at the counter.
- The bank will then verify the documents and if approved the savings account will be opened within 3-5 bank working days.
Steps to open a Punjab National Bank Savings account online:
- Visit the PNB homepage and click on “savings accounts”.
- Now, click on “new request”.
- On the application form, fill in your name, date of birth, mobile number and email ID.
- On submission of the application form, a TCRN (Temporary Customer Reference Number) will be generated.
- The number will be sent to the applicant’s mobile number and email ID.
- On receiving the TCRN, the customer will then have to submit the number, application form and requisite KYC documents for verification.
- Following approval, the bank will activate the account within 3-5 working days.
Documents Required to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
Customers will be required to submit the following documents when applying to open a new savings account with PNB:
- Proof of identity - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- 2 latest passport size photographs
What to Keep in Mind before Opening a Punjab National Bank Savings Account
Before choosing Punjab National Bank savings account, individuals need to look into the certain aspects of the account to see if it actually suits them. They are:
- They would first need to check the minimum balance requirement of the savings account and see if its suits their finances.
- One should also check the penalty fees for not maintaining the minimum balance.
- One should check the interest rate over deposits for that particular savings account. The interest rate will determine your return over the deposits and knowing this before choosing a savings account is imperative.
- He/she should check the transaction and withdrawal limit per day for that particular account.
- Extra charges if one withdrawals cash using cheques and the withdrawal limit per month at ATMs other than Punjab National Bank should also be known by the applicant.
Safety Tips for Punjab National Bank Savings Account Holders
- You should ensure that your account password and PIN is never shared through emails, SMS, or on social media.
- Contact the bank immediately if in case a transaction has been made without your knowledge.
- Always check your bank statements regularly to keep a check if there are any cases of fraudulent activity and to also keep a track of your finances - in and out of your account.
- If by chance your debit card is either lost or stolen, you should either block it through your net banking account immediately or call the customer care of Punjab National Bank to do it for you.
- For security reasons, never save your bank account details on online merchant websites. In addition, ensure that you close the page as soon as you have completed a transaction online.
- Always shop on websites that are secure.
Punjab National Bank Customer Care Number
For customers that have requests, grievances, need help or complaints related to savings account, they can call the PNB customer care toll-free number - 1800 180 2222
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card