|Category||Savings Account for Minors|
|Minimum Balance||Not required|
|Interest Rate||4.00% p.a. calculated on a daily balance|
|Card Offered||Photo ATM cum debit cards.|
Features and Benefits Of SBI Savings Account For Minors
- SBI offers two schemes for minors known as PehlaKadam and PehliUdaan.
- No minimum balance required.
- Can be opened jointly with parents or guardians.
- Transfer the account to any SBI Branch without changing the account number.
- Nomination facility available.
- Interest is calculated on the daily balance at 4% p.a.
- Photo ATM cum debit card with withdrawal/POS limit of Rs. 5,000.
- Specially designed branded passbook and cheque book issued free of cost.
- Smart Scholar - Child Plan can be availed with inbuilt premium waiver and loyalty additions to fulfil your child's dreams.
|Age limit||Minors of any age||Minors above the age of 10|
|Operation||Jointly with parent/guardian||Independently|
|Minimum Balance||Not required||Not required|
|Maximum balance||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )|
|Overdraft facility||Overdraft against Fixed deposits for parent/guardian or two months' salary in case of Corporate Salary package||Not available|
|Insurance options||Personal Accident Insurance Cover (offered by SBI General) for the Parent||Not available|
Services With SBI Savings Account For Minors
|Internet Banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 5,000 per day.|
|Mobile banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 2,000 per day.|
|Auto sweep facility||Yes. Excess of Rs. 20,000 will be invested in fixed deposits in multiples of Rs. 1,000 subject to a minimum of Rs. 10,000.|
|Standing instructions||One standing instruction for recurring deposits free of cost.|
|Issue of Pass book||Nil|
|Duplicate Pass book/Statement||Rs.112/- with latest balance|
|Transfer of Account||Rs.112/-(inclusive of postal charges).|
|Within 14 days||Nil|
|Upto 6 months||Rs.337|
|6 - 12 months||Rs.225|
- Date of Birth proof of the Minor
- KYC of the Parent
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.