Highlights Of SBI Savings Bank Account For Minors
|Category||Savings Account for Minors|
|Minimum Balance||Not required|
|Interest Rate||4.00% p.a. calculated on a daily balance|
|Card Offered||Photo ATM cum debit cards.|
Features and Benefits Of SBI Savings Account For Minors
- SBI offers two schemes for minors known as PehlaKadam and PehliUdaan.
- No minimum balance required.
- Can be opened jointly with parents or guardians.
- Transfer the account to any SBI Branch without changing the account number.
- Nomination facility available.
- Interest is calculated on the daily balance at 4% p.a.
- Photo ATM cum debit card with withdrawal/POS limit of Rs. 5,000.
- Specially designed branded passbook and cheque book issued free of cost.
- Smart Scholar - Child Plan can be availed with inbuilt premium waiver and loyalty additions to fulfil your child's dreams.
|Age limit||Minors of any age||Minors above the age of 10|
|Operation||Jointly with parent/guardian||Independently|
|Minimum Balance||Not required||Not required|
|Maximum balance||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )|
|Overdraft facility||Overdraft against Fixed deposits for parent/guardian or two months' salary in case of Corporate Salary package||Not available|
|Insurance options||Personal Accident Insurance Cover (offered by SBI General) for the Parent||Not available|
Services With SBI Savings Account For Minors
|Internet Banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 5,000 per day.|
|Mobile banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 2,000 per day.|
|Auto sweep facility||Yes. Excess of Rs. 20,000 will be invested in fixed deposits in multiples of Rs. 1,000 subject to a minimum of Rs. 10,000.|
|Standing instructions||One standing instruction for recurring deposits free of cost.|
|Issue of Pass book||Nil|
|Duplicate Pass book/Statement||Rs.112/- with latest balance|
|Transfer of Account||Rs.112/-(inclusive of postal charges).|
|Transactions at State Bank Group ATMs||Free|
|Transactions at Other Bank ATMs||Free up to 5 transactions. After that, financial transactions are charged Rs. 17, and non-financial Rs. 6.|
|Funds transfer||No intercore charges|
- Date of Birth proof of the Minor
- KYC of the Parent
- India Bank Holidays 2018
- Steps to Open SBI Savings Account
- Internet Banking
- How to Activate SBI SMS/Mobile Banking for the First Time
- SBI Quick – Missed Call Banking
- Steps to Open Punjab National Bank Savings Account
- Documents Required to Open Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Steps to Open HDFC Bank Savings Account
- Best Zero-Balance Savings Account For Indian Citizens
- Converting Salary Account to Savings Account
- SBI Salary Account
- Steps to Open an ICICI Bank Savings Account
- SBI Savings Account For Minors
- BOB Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- SBI Basic Savings Bank Account
- Generating MPIN for Indian Overseas Bank Mobile Banking
- What is Inactive or Dormant Bank Account?
- Kotak 811
- ICICI Basic Savings Account
- HDFC Bank Salary Account
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Bank of Baroda Savings Account
- Union Bank of India Regular Savings Bank Account
- IRCTC eWallet
- Steps to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank of India Savings Account
- ICICI Bank Salary Account
- India’s Top 5 Mobile Banking Apps
- ICICI Bank Salary Account Advantages
- PNB SMS Banking Services
- Steps to Link Aadhaar card to Central Bank of India Savings Account
- Steps to Open Axis Bank Savings Account
- Axis Bank Salary Accounts
- FedBook Selfie Zero Balance Account
- Allahabad Bank Normal Savings Account
- Steps to Check Central Bank of India Account Balance
- Platinum Identity Chip Debit Card
- Steps to change SBI registered mobile number
- Steps to Use ICICI Bank Debit Card Internationally
- MyDesign Image Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Fuel
- How to Activate Axis Bank ATM Debit Card PIN
- Expressions Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Smart Shopper Silver Debit Card – ICICI Bank
- Steps to Block PNB Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Online Shopping
- Steps to Check Indian Bank Account Balance
- Kotak Mahindra Platinum Debit Card
- Debit Cards For Movie Tickets
- Steps to Block Central Bank of India ATM Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Rewards Debit Card
- Steps to Apply for a Canara Bank ATM Debit Card
- Central Bank of India Platinum Debit Card
- Priority Platinum Debit Card - Axis Bank
- Debit Cards vs. Credit Cards
- SbiINTOUCH Tap & Go Debit Card
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.