Highlights Of SBI Savings Bank Account For Minors
|Category||Savings Account for Minors|
|Minimum Balance||Not required|
|Interest Rate||4.00% p.a. calculated on a daily balance|
|Card Offered||Photo ATM cum debit cards.|
Features and Benefits Of SBI Savings Account For Minors
- SBI offers two schemes for minors known as PehlaKadam and PehliUdaan.
- No minimum balance required.
- Can be opened jointly with parents or guardians.
- Transfer the account to any SBI Branch without changing the account number.
- Nomination facility available.
- Interest is calculated on the daily balance at 4% p.a.
- Photo ATM cum debit card with withdrawal/POS limit of Rs. 5,000.
- Specially designed branded passbook and cheque book issued free of cost.
- Smart Scholar - Child Plan can be availed with inbuilt premium waiver and loyalty additions to fulfil your child's dreams.
|Age limit||Minors of any age||Minors above the age of 10|
|Operation||Jointly with parent/guardian||Independently|
|Minimum Balance||Not required||Not required|
|Maximum balance||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )||Rs. 5 lakhs (Rs. 10 lakhs aggregate deposit )|
|Overdraft facility||Overdraft against Fixed deposits for parent/guardian or two months' salary in case of Corporate Salary package||Not available|
|Insurance options||Personal Accident Insurance Cover (offered by SBI General) for the Parent||Not available|
Services With SBI Savings Account For Minors
|Internet Banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 5,000 per day.|
|Mobile banking||Yes. Limited rights with transaction limit of Rs. 2,000 per day.|
|Auto sweep facility||Yes. Excess of Rs. 20,000 will be invested in fixed deposits in multiples of Rs. 1,000 subject to a minimum of Rs. 10,000.|
|Standing instructions||One standing instruction for recurring deposits free of cost.|
|Issue of Pass book||Nil|
|Duplicate Pass book/Statement||Rs.112/- with latest balance|
|Transfer of Account||Rs.112/-(inclusive of postal charges).|
|Transactions at State Bank Group ATMs||Free|
|Transactions at Other Bank ATMs||Free up to 5 transactions. After that, financial transactions are charged Rs. 17, and non-financial Rs. 6.|
|Funds transfer||No intercore charges|
- Date of Birth proof of the Minor
- KYC of the Parent
Display of any trademarks, tradenames, logos and other subject matters of intellectual property belong to their respective intellectual property owners. Display of such IP along with the related product information does not imply BankBazaar's partnership with the owner of the Intellectual Property or issuer/manufacturer of such products.
GST of 18% is applicable on all banking products and services from July 1, 2017 onwards.