Bank of India customers holding a savings account have the option of linking their 12-digit unique identification number either online (via their internet banking account), offline (at the bank), or at any ATM.
How to link Aadhaar card to Bank of India Savings Account Online
Customers holding a savings account with Bank of India can link their Aadhaar number online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of Bank of India.
- Now login to your official net banking account using your user ID and password.
- On the Bank of India net banking homepage, click on “Registration of Aadhaar card”.
- Once that is done, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card unique number.
- Ensure that you verify the Aadhar card number that you have entered.
- Lastly, click on “submit” to link your Aadhaar card to your Bank of India savings account.
- Once you have done this, the bank will send you a message stating that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your savings account.
Steps to link your Aadhaar card to your Bank of India Savings Account Offline
For customers of Bank of India that do not have access to net banking facilities, they can link their account at the Bank of India branch holding their savings account or at the nearest branch. Once at the bank, customers can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the Aadhaar card linking form from the Bank of India homepage.
- Now, fill in all the fields in the Aadhaar card linking form. Ensure that all details entered are accurate.
- Submit your original Aadhaar card and a photocopy.
- As soon as the document has been submitted, the bank official will hand you the form to seed your Aadhaar card number to your savings account. Enter all the required details.
- Once the bank executive has verified the document, he/she will hand your back the original copy of your Aadhaar card.
- The bank executive will then hand you the lower “tear-off” portion of the application for future reference.
- The bank executive will then link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account manually.
- Once your Aadhaar card details have been seeded to your Bank of India savings account, the bank will send you a confirmation message to your registered mobile number.
How to link your Aadhaar card to your Bank of India savings account at any bank ATM
- Visit an ATM nearest to you.
- Swipe your Bank of India debit card.
- Once your debit card is recognised by the ATM machine, select “update Aadhaar card”.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number.
- Re-enter your Aadhaar card number as part of the verification process.
- Click on “confirm”.
- As soon as that is done, the bank will send you a confirmation SMS that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your Bank of India savings account.
For those Bank of India customers that are yet to link their Aadhaar card to their savings account, they can follow any of the above mentioned ways (online, offline, at an ATM or via SMS) to carry out the procedure. Once your 12-digit unique number is linked to your savings account, you will receive a confirmation message. As per the Government of India mandate, the last day to link your Aadhaar card number to your savings account is 31 December 2017 to avoid disruption of service.