Catering to the specific needs of customers across the country, ICICI Bank has rolled out a variety of savings accounts. Through the ICICI Bank Savings Account, customers can save for the future and can carry out various banking procedures with ease - such as fund transfers, cheque book requests, bill payments, etc. Customers even have the choice of opening a savings account either at an ICICI Bank branch closest to them or online on the ICICI Bank homepage.
Eligibility Criteria to Open ICICI Bank Savings Account
To be eligible to open a savings account in ICICI Bank, customers need to meet certain criteria.
- Should be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should be 18 years and above to be eligible. In the case of minors, the parents or legal guardian of the minor can open the account on their behalf.
- The applicant is required to have valid identity and address proof that is Government approved.
- Once the application is verified by the bank, the applicant will have to make an initial deposit - depending on the minimum balance requirement of that particular savings account he/she has chosen.
Steps to Open ICICI Bank Savings Account
- The applicant will have to fill in the application form - either at the bank branch or online. When filling the form, all fields will be required to be filled in to avoid rejection of the application. If one faces issues filling in the form, he/she can contact any executive of ICICI Bank for assistance.
- If the process is done online, visit the ICICI Bank homepage and click on “New customer”.
- Next, choose the savings account one wishes to open.
- He/she will then be required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of identity - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- Proof of address - Passport, Driving license, Voter’s ID card, etc.
- PAN card
- Form 16 (only if PAN card is not available)
- 2 latest passport size photographs
- Once the above mentioned documents are ready and the form filled, the individual will be required to visit and submit the form and the KYC documents at the ICICI Bank branch of choice. If the process is online, the applicant will be required to upload the requisite KYC documents.
- The bank will then verify the documents and ensure that the name, date of birth, address and so on in the KYC documents and what’s in the application form match.
- Once the verification process is over, the account holder will now have to make an initial deposit - depending on the minimum balance requirement of the savings account. The initial deposit can be made at the cash deposit counter.
- Once the deposit has been made, the executive will hand you a debit card and the relevant bank documents with regard to the savings account.
What to Keep in Mind before Opening ICICI Bank Savings Account
Before choosing a savings account offered by ICICI Bank, individuals need to look into the certain aspects of the account to see if it actually suits them. They are:
- They would first need to check the minimum balance requirement of the savings account and see if its suits their finances.
- One should also check the penalty fees for not maintaining the minimum balance.
- One should check the interest rate over deposits for that particular savings account. The interest rate will determine your return over the deposits and knowing this before choosing a savings account is imperative.
- He/she should check the transaction and withdrawal limit per day for that particular account.
- Extra charges if one withdrawals cash using cheques and the withdrawal limit per month at ATMs other than ICICI Bank should also be known by the applicant.
Safety Tips for ICICI Bank Savings Account Holders
- You should ensure that your account password and PIN is never shared through emails, SMS, or on social media.
- Contact the bank immediately if in case a transaction has been made without your knowledge.
- Always check your bank statements regularly to keep a check if there are any cases of fraudulent activity and to also keep a track of your finances - in and out of your account.
- If by chance your debit card is either lost or stolen, you should either block it through your net banking account immediately or call the customer care of ICICI Bank to do it for you.
- For security reasons, never save your bank account details on online merchant websites. In addition, ensure that you close the page as soon as you have completed a transaction online.
- Always shop on websites that are secure.
ICICI Bank Customer Care Number
For customers that wish to contact the ICICI Bank customer care for a grievance, doubt or help regarding one’s account, they can call them at the bank’s customer care number as listed below - varying with the state one resides in.
|State||Customer care number|
|Jammu & Kashmir||9018667777|