|Punjab and Sind Personal Loan Interest Rates 2019|
|Interest rate||13.25% to 14% p.a.||12.75% p.a.|
|Loan Amount||Up to Rs.3 lakhs||Rs.1 lakh to Rs.3 lakhs|
|Loan Tenure||Up to 5 years||Up to 5 years|
|Lowest EMI||Rs.2,288 (for Rs.1 lakh loan amount with maximum loan tenure at the lowest interest rate).||Rs.2,263 (for Rs.1 lakh loan amount with maximum loan tenure at the lowest interest rate).|
|Processing Fee||1.00% of the loan amount||1.00% of the loan amount|
|Age||21 to 65 years||Up to 70 years|
|Prepayment Charges||Minimum prepayment charges||Minimum prepayment charges|
From renovating your home and buying laptops/appliances to funding college education and weddings, personal loans offered by Punjab and Sind bank can help you fulfil all your dreams. Customers can acquire a personal loan with the help of simple, minimal documentation in addition to a hassle-free process. The punjab and Sind bank offer personal loans to government/PSU employees, permanent employees of other institutions (salaried) and pensioners who have an account with the bank.
Punjab and Sind Bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
The Punjab and Sind bank offers personal loans at a floating rate of interest of 14.75% to 15.25%. Personal loans are offered to both the salaried class at base rate (10%) plus 4.75%, which equals to 14.75% and at 14% to pensioners who have an account with the Punjab and Sind bank. The Punjab and Sind Bank demands guarantee of a third party or spouse as security for providing personal loans.
How to Calculate Interest or EMI on my Punjab and Sind bank Personal Loan?
EMI comprises the interest on loan in addition to the principal to be repaid. The sum of principal and interest is divided by the tenure of the loan. Top rate aggregator websites such as bankbazaar.com provide a personal loan EMI Calculator which helps customers calculate the exact EMI which needs to be paid. All a customer has to do is enter the details of loan amount, tenure, interest rate applicable and processing fee, if any and click ‘calculate’. The customer will then find all the required information such as amortization figures and loan repayment figures for a specific loan amount.
For instance, Aditya Chandrasekharan, a 33-year-old employee of a public sector unit, takes a personal loan of Rs.3 lakh at an annual interest rate of 14.75% for 5 years. Rahul, therefore, has to pay an EMI of Rs.7,098 in the first month after undertaking the loan. The amortization table is as follows:
|Year||Principal paid (Rs.)||Interest paid (Rs.)||Balance amount (Rs.)|
Factors affecting your Punjab and Sind bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
There are various factors which affect interest rates offered on Punjab and Sind bank personal loan as listed below.
- Loan tenure: Interest rate offered by Punjab and Sind bank depends upon the loan tenure chosen by customers. If the customer opts for a short loan tenure, the bank is most likely to charge a higher interest rate as compared to loans offered on longer tenures.
- Relationship with Punjab and Sind bank: If a customer has a good rapport with his or her bank, there is no trust deficit. Consequently, the bank will be in a position to reduce their interest rates offered to privileged customers. Also, a long-standing customer of a bank can negotiate a lower interest rate, provided he or she fulfils all the required eligibility criteria for availing of a personal loan.
- Repayment capacity: The repayment capacity of a borrower is of seminal importance. Banks usually provide personal loans up to 10 times the monthly salary of a customer. Banks check the CIBIL score of an applicant to determine his repayment capacity. Punjab and Sind bank will offer attractive interest rates to loan applicants with a robust credit history,
- Employment details: The employment history and profile of a customer plays a pivotal role in determining the interest rates offered by Punjab and Sind bank bank. The Punjab and Sind bank offer personal loans to to government/PSU employees, permanent employees of other institutions (salaried) and pensioners who have an account with the bank.
Note: Punjab and Sind bank can alter its Interest rates at its discretion.
How CIBIL score affects Punjab and Sind bank Personal Loan Interest Rate?
CIBIL score reveals an individual’s repayment capacity and credit history. A robust CIBIL score will boost the chances of a loan applicant to acquire a personal loan at competitive interest rates. If loan applicants have a low CIBIL score, they are unlikely to get their loan approved. If Punjab and Sind bank decides to approve a loan request by an individual who has a low credit score, the interest rate charged on the loan may be higher compared to those who have a good credit score.
Key things about Punjab and Sind bank Personal Loan Interest Rates
- It is always prudent to have a robust credit score to avail of the credit facility from any bank. A good credit score paves the way for a loan getting approved in that all banks including Punjab and Sind bank review the credit history and repayment capacity of an individual before approving a loan.
- Floating interest rate changes as per the bank’s base lending rate.
- When the RBI raises the repo rate, banks do not immediately raise their interest rates. In several cases, if a bank has had a lean growth rate, it will be reluctant to immediately pass on the increased rates to its customers. Banks analyze their liquidity and cost of funds before passing on the hike in repo rate to their customers by way of increased interest rates.