Key Highlights of the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
HDFC Bank's Teacher's Platinum credit card is a premium card filled with a wide range of benefits and features for the educators of the country. The card offers a very attractive reward point system with card protection and helps you make the most of any kind of purchase.
- For every Rs.150 spent, earn 2 reward points.
- During weekends, get accelerated reward points of 3X during weekends.
- On Teacher's Day, earn 500 reward points as a gift from the bank.
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 2.5% will be replaced by a convenience fee of only 1%.
- Cardholders can save up to Rs.1,500 from fuel purchases if average monthly fuel expenses are Rs.5,000.
- Interest-free period of up to 50 days.
Features and Benefits of the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
Reward Point Benefits
- Earn 2 reward points for every Rs.150 spent with your credit card.
- During weekends, get a 3X the reward points with the Teacher's Platinum card. You will earn 6 points for every Rs.150 spent.
- On the 5th of September, every year, you will get 500 reward points as a special gift.
- Your reward points will be valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation.
- On all your fuel spends, the fuel surcharge of 2.5% will be replaced by a 1% convenience fee added with service tax.
- Fuel surcharge will be capped at Rs.250 per billing cycle.
Zero liability for loss of card
- In case your credit card is lost, you will need to report the loss to the customer support. Once you report it, you will not be held liable for any kind of fraudulent transaction on the card.
Add-On Credit Cards
- By opting for the HDFC Teacher's Platinum credit card, you can also avail up to 3 add-on credit cards for your relatives or family members.
HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card Limit
The credit limit of the HDFC Teacher's Platinum credit card is completely at the discretion of the bank. There are several factors which are taken into consideration before assigning a credit limit of the card. These factors are credit score, the annual salary of the applicant, the credit report along with any past and ongoing debts.
Latest Offers by the Teacher's Platinum Credit Card by HDFC Bank
- Avail a discount of 25% on BookMyshow.com.
- Enjoy a 25% discount or a cashback of Rs.150 on a minimum spend of Rs.500 on Zomato.
- On purchases amounting to Rs.1,500, get a discount of Rs.225 between 6th - 10th of every month on BigBasket.
- Make the most of a 35% discount on all transactions done on Treebo.
- For a minimum purchase of Rs.1,500, receive a discount of Rs.250 on Grofers. Offer is valid between 1st - 7th of every month.
- Enjoy a discount of Rs.1,000 on your domestic flight tickets booked on Yatra.com.
Reward Point Benefits of the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
- For every Rs.150 spent on various purchases on your card, get 2 reward points.
- Shop during weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and get 3X the reward points. For every Rs.150 spent on your card, you will receive 6 reward points.
Teacher's Day Rewards
- Since the card is specially curated for teachers in the country, on 5th September of every year, get 500 reward points as a teachers' day gift from HDFC Bank.
How to redeem reward points earned on the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card?
You can redeem your reward points earned on your credit card through offline and online methods.
If you wish to redeem your points offline, you will have to download the rewards redemption form from the website and fill it with all the details required. Once you have, the form needs to be posted to the following address:
HDFC Bank Cards Division,
P.O. Box No. 8654,
Chennai - 600041.
However, if you wish to redeem your reward points, you can do so by following the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your HDFC Bank net banking account.
- Click on the tab of 'credit cards'.
- If you have not registered your card, you must do so by adding the card number and PIN.
- Once your card has been registered, select the 'redeem reward points' and click on 'continue'.
- HDFC's net banking website will then redirect you to the rewards redemption page of the bank.
- Click on 'Redeem Reward Points'.
- Select the category of the item and choose the points range to check the catalogue of products.
- You can then select the items which you wish and add them to the cart to purchase.
- After you have chosen the products, click on the option to view your shopping cart.
- If everything checks out, you should read the terms and condition and then check the box.
- Once done, click on 'redeem' and note the redemption order number for future references.
Fees and Charges on the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
|Type of Charge
||Up to 50 days
|Cash advance limit
||40% of the credit limit
|Minimum repayment amount
||5% or a minimum amount of Rs.200
|Additional card fee
|Cash advance charges
||2.5% of the amount withdrawn or Rs.500. The higher amount among these will be taken.
|Charges on revolving credit
||3.49% per month
|Payment return charges
||2% of the payment amount subjected to a minimum of Rs.450.
|Late payment charges
If statement balance is less than Rs.100 - Nil
From Rs.100 to Rs.500 - Rs.100
From Rs.501 to Rs.5,000 - Rs.500
From Rs.5,001 to Rs.10,000 - Rs.600
From Rs.10,001 to Rs.25,000 - Rs.Rs.800
More than Rs.25,000 - Rs.950.
|Charges on over limit account
||2.5% of the over limit amount subjected to a minimum of Rs.500
|Cash processing fee
|Rewards redemption fee
||Rs.99 per redemption request.
|Fuel transaction surcharge
||Capped at Rs.250 per statement cycle
|Balance transfer processing charges
||1% of the balance transfer amount or Rs.250. The higher amount will be taken.
|Card validation charges
||Rs.2. The amount will not be reversed by the bank
|Railway ticket purchase fee
||1.8% of the transaction amount + GST
|Reissue of damaged, stolen or lost card
|Outstation cheque processing charges
||If cheque value is up to Rs.5,000 - Rs.25
If cheque value is more than Rs.5,000 - Rs.50
|Foreign currency transactions
Eligibility Criteria for the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
- If the primary applicant is a salaried employee, the minimum age must be 21 years and the maximum, 60 years.
- However, if the primary applicant is self-employed, the minimum age must be 21 years and the maximum, 65 years.
- The age of the add-on cardholder must be at least 15 years.
- The applicant must be a resident or a non-resident of India.
Documents required to apply for an HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card
- Accepted identity proof such as Passport, driving license or Aadhaar card.
- Valid address proof which can include a Passport, Voter ID or a copy of the electricity bill.
- 2 passport-sized coloured photographs.
- Valid proof of income which should include latest salary slips, Form 16 or a copy of IT returns.
- Duly filled application form.
- Copy of your PAN card and Form 60.
How to apply for the HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card?
You can apply for the credit card through offline or online methods. If you do not have access to the internet, you can visit the branch of HDFC bank, fill out the application form and submit all the required documents to apply for the card.
Through online methods, you can either directly from the HDFC Bank website or through BankBazaar. To apply for the card through BankBazaar, here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Click on the 'check eligibility' tab on the web page of HDFC Teacher's Platinum credit card on BankBazaar.
- Add the information which is required to be filled up in the form.
- You will also need to upload all the documents required to apply for the card.
- Once done, click on submit and a tracking ID will be given to you. You can use that ID to track the application status of your card.
HDFC Teacher's Platinum Credit Card FAQs
>Other Top Credit Cards By HDFC Bank
- How many days will it take for the cash to be credited to my HDFC Bank Teachers Platinum Card?
The sum authorized by you will be credited to your HDFC Bank account in two days, though this is not applicable during weekends and bank holidays.
- What can I do if I have accidentally punched in the wrong Credit Card number?
In order to guarantee precision, HDFC asserts that the card number is entered two times and double-checked before approving the disbursement. Nevertheless, if in certain situations a payment is made to a wrong Credit Card account, you can immediately notify the HDFC Customer Care.
- If the bank I want to pay from (or for) does not show in the list, what can I do?
HDFC constantly strives to add more banks to their quick transaction service and make things easier for their vast clientele. But if a certain bank is unlisted, you can transfer funds using NEFT.
- Can HDFC Teachers Platinum Card withdraw a benefit that it offers?
Yes, it can. Most credit card issuers regularly tweak the options they offer. But they will do this only if customers are not using a particular benefit and will instantly replace it with another popular option.
- I lost my wallet along with my credit card. What should I do?
Please notify the HDFC customer service right away. They will block it temporarily if you think that the card can be recovered. Otherwise, you will be issued a new card with a different number for a nominal fee.