Doctors are considered to be next to god in many parts of the world. This profession is one of the noblest. Being a doctor comes with a lot of responsibilities. While doctors across the world put in efforts to serve the mankind using their skills and knowledge, banks are coming up with innovative ways to acknowledge their contribution to the society. The State Bank of India, one of India’s largest lending organisation has introduced the Doctor’s SBI card. This is the only credit card that is associated with the prestigious Indian Medical Association. These cards can be personalised with the cardholder’s name engraved on them. Let’s check out its other features and benefits in detail.
Features of Doctor’s SBI card
Doctor’s SBI card is equipped with some useful features that the cardholders can make use of. Listed below are some of them:
Contactless technology: This credit card is equipped with the advanced contactless technology that enables the cardholder to just wave and pay.
Highly secured: Transactions made using this card will be highly secured because of the chip and pin facility that it provides.
Global acceptance: This card can be used in more than 24 million outlets worldwide, including around 3,25,000 outlets in India alone.
Emergency card replacement: In case of loss or damage of card, the cardholder can get in touch with the 24*7 emergency helpline of the bank and get it replacement. This facility can be availed while travelling overseas as well.
Supplementary or add-on cards available: Primary cardholders can contact the bank to procure supplementary or add-on cards for their family members.
Access to cash worldwide: Cardholders can withdraw cash using their Doctor's SBI credit card from more than 1 million Visa or MasterCard ATMs worldwide.
Easy bill payment: Cardholders can use this card to pay their mobile, electricity, telephone, and other bills using the Easy Bill Pay Facility that comes with this card.
Availability of the flexipay option: Cardholders can convert their transactions or outstanding bill amount into easy monthly instalments by using this facility.
Balance transfer: This card comes with the balance transfer facility using which the cardholder can save money in the process of paying off their outstanding credit card balance.
Easy money: Cardholders can get a cheque or a draft against their cash limit and get it delivered to their doorstep.
Benefits of Doctor’s SBI card
Doctor’s SBI card comes with a bunch of attractive benefits that the cardholders can enjoy.
Listed below are some of them:
- Cardholders can avail exclusive benefits in more than 900 luxury hotels across the world.
- Individuals can bag up to 35% discount on Avis Car rentals.
- Cardholders can save up to 10% on Hertz car Rental service.
- Cardholders can enjoy a discount worth 20% on airport fast track immigration in more than 400 destinations across the globe.
- Cardholders receive a welcome gift of e-gift vouchers worth Rs.1,500 from Yatra.com.
- Cardholders can earn 5x reward points on making travel bookings, purchasing medical supplies, and making transaction overseas.
- They can earn 1 reward point per Rs.100 spent using the card.
- Cardholders can enjoy complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Program of international lounges. This membership is worth $99.
- Cardholders can enjoy access to more than 1000 airport lounges worldwide and 8 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges annually.
- Cardholder will be offered a Professional Indemnity Insurance cover of up to Rs.10 lakhs.
Fees and Charges of Doctor’s SBI card
|Fees and Charges
||Up to 3.35% per month and 40.2% per annum
|Interest-free credit period
|Cash advance limit
||Up to 80% of the limit of credit
|Cash advance (finance charges)
||Up to 3.35% per month and 40.2% per annum (from the date of withdrawal)
|Cash advance fee
||2.5% of the transaction amount (subject to a minimum of Rs.300)
||Rs.100 per statement that is older than 2 months
|Payment dishonour fee
||2% of the amount to be paid (subject to a minimum of Rs.450)
||Rs.100 (For payments made through cheque up to Rs.2,000)
|Late payment fee
- Rs.0 for total amount due from Rs.0 to Rs.200
- Rs.100 for total amount due more than Rs.200 and up to Rs.500
- Rs.400 for total amount due greater than Rs.500 and up to Rs.1,000
- Rs.500 for total amount due greater than Rs.1,000 and up to Rs.10,000
- Rs.750 for total amount due above Rs.10,000
||2.5% of the over limit amount (subject to a minimum of Rs.500)
|Emergency card replacement fee
||RS.100 in India and Rs.0 if the card is lost abroad
|Rewards redemption fee
|Cash payment fee
|Surcharge on railway tickets over the counter
||Rs.30 plus 2.5% of the transaction amount
|Railway tickets bought through irctc.co.in
||1.8% of the transaction amount plus service charge
||1% fuel surcharge waiver
|Minimum amount due
||5% of the total outstanding amount
How to Apply for Doctor’s SBI card
Individuals can apply for a Doctor’s SBI card in three different ways:
- They can an SMS 'DOCTOR' and send it to 5676791.
- They can call 3902-0202 (prefix with their local STD code) or the toll-free numbers, 1860-180-1290. A customer care executive will get in touch with them about the same and initiate the application process.
- They can visit the official website of SBI and apply online. To apply online, they will need to click on the 'Apply' tab and select the card. They will be redirected to an online application form on which they will need to fill in their details and submit it.
- Alternatively, they can walk into their nearest branch of SBI and fill in the application form with the required details. They will also need to submit the required documents along with the application form.
Eligibility Criteria for Doctor’s SBI Card
To procure the Doctor’s SBI card, an applicant will need to meet the eligibility criteria that are mentioned below:
- The applicant should be a practising salaried doctor or a self-practising doctor for more than 3 years.
- The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum is 65 years.
- The minimum annual income required is Rs.1,50,000.
Documents Required for Doctor’s SBI Card
The applicant must submit the following documents in order to procure a Doctor's SBI card:
- Self-attested copies of their degrees or registration certificates from the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India.
- Latest copies of IT returns.
- Copies of bank statement of the last 6 months.
FAQs About the Doctor’s SBI card
- Are the add-on credit cards only available to medical practitioners in the family of the primary cardholder?
No, only the primary cardholder will need to be a doctor. The add-on credit cards can be availed by family members who are not doctors.
- What is the phone number that one can dial to reach the customer care in case of loss or damage of the card?
Cardholder will need to call 1860-180-1290 or 3902-0202 (prefix local STD code).
- Will I need to submit any proof of identity while filing an application for the card online?
While filing an application online for the Doctor’s SBI card, you will need to upload documents like the proof of identity, proof of address, and self-attested copies of their degrees or registration certificates from the State Medical Council or the Medical Council of India.
- How many add-on cards can I avail?
Primary cardholders can apply for a maximum of 5 cards for their family members.
- Is the annual fee inclusive of GST?
Yes, the annual fee is inclusive of GST.